Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HCmvDwDocrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Didn't know an engineer is an authority on biology.

He wasn't discussing science on his Netflix show, he was discussing social constructs that his paymaster want Americans to adopt.

Mike Rowe actually does the jobs when they're filmed. He makes a point to not be fake about it.

He has amounts of experience in the blue collar world that most blue collar people don't even have.

Mike Rowe pushes hard-working American values. I don't care about his background. Bill Nye is a cuck.

Holy shit, did not know this

> Mike Rowe pretending
I don't think the point of his show was ever to make it seem like he was some sort of gritty working dude, but rather to show the audience interesting jobs and make them laugh at his ineptitude in doing them.

Except Bill Nye isn't discussing science, he's promoting Marxist delusions.

Come back when you pull Netflix's 2 foot dildo out of your ass...

so you are the Sup Forums mike rowe spammer, eh?

The entire point of Dirty Jobs is to show that they're difficult, and not anyone can do them, retard.

This. He's been in shit. Literally speaking

They also pay really fucking well, though.

i think bill nye never did anything you suggested and it's more lies. like how black women invented math and allowed white men to get to space.

What does mechanical engineering has to do with biology? He should stick to his field.

First off, Bill Nye's Netflix show isn't about science in the first place. The entire episode was literally propaganda. No questions, hypothesis, experiments, results, peer review, and only conclusions. Anyone that has watched the show that's being honest will tell you that it had about as much to do with science as chemical compounds have to do with biology (very little if not at all)
Secondly, even if Bill Nye's roles within those projects were true and relevant, it still does not make you qualified to make a dramatic statement about gender that goes against all known laws of human biology. Especially when his only evidence is "Well a type of fish change genders, so why can't mammals do the same in a completely different way for different biological reasons".
Being a 5 star chef does not mean people should take you seriously when you say that grass is really intangible and invisible and can blow up planets without a hit on real evidence.

Mike Rowe never pretended to be something he wasn't. That was the entire point of the Dirty Jobs, that he was a (mostly) regular guy trying lots of blue collar jobs.

Nye on the other hand...

> implying Mike Rowe hasn't worked jobs that have sucked and that hasn't shaped his wordview

I really used to like Nye, but ol' Bill is spouting nonsense on his new show

One is trying to show you blue collar jobs and the other is trying to "educate" children and constantly speaks on behalf on unseen people.

The entire point of Dirty Jobs is to keep people as wagecucks so the fatcats can keep their taxmoney to enrich themselves.

Good impression of a leftwing nu-male NEET

>pretend to be a gritty worker man

Mike Rowe castrated a fucking lamb with his bare teeth in an episode that was too physically disturbing to be aired.

Not to mention he's seen every end of the blue-collar labor world taking on the role of an apprentice and doing hard work in every single episode. Also who gives a fuck what major Mike Rowe has, he's doing blue-collar work whereas Bill Nye is trying to present himself as some kind of prodigy i.e. Bill Nye Saves THE WORLD

I never even knew who Mike Rowe was until today because i don't subscribe to the televisual jew

bill nye has more exposure and thus more impact on public opinion, which is why I think what he says and does should be held under more scrutiny

I remember watching Dirty Jobs and being thankful for not having to do that for a living.

>>had about as much to do with science as chemical compounds have to do with biology (very little if not at all)
nigga wat

Idiotic false equivalency. The lefty's specialty.

Mike row doesn't claim to be a gritty blue collar worker. On the contrary, he's explicitly not and the point of his show is to try these jobs out as a rookie and learn about them. Also somehow trying to put Mike Rowe in the middle of all this is ridiculous.

>biology
>nothing to do with chemicals

Some butthurt leftard wrote this, clearly.

The difference is Mike Rowe never pretends that he's a blue collar worker, actually the whole point of the show is he's a white collar working learning how shitty some blue collared jobs are.

Bill Nye is an "engineer"/""""Comedian"""" who pretends that he has a PhD and does ground-breaking research in every field of Science, when really he has the same credentials as most college grads.

paying taxes is for cucks that enjoy the current system. Paying taxes is supporting the system that is importing shitskins and draining you for all you are worth.

> Designed an injector device for a major airplane.

I am the lead designer behind the actual "talking to the car" security component (the "protocol") of an upcoming car charging standard in Germany, backed by two big automobile related companies from Germany (I won't get any more specific, sorry).

Of course I put a lot of thought and heart blood into it, but that does not mean I am a genius when it comes to science. In fact, most of my co-workers could have done the job as well as I, and of course I did it not alone but had help from at least 3 other guys.

So stop putting Bill on a pedestal. He's not fucking Jesus of Science.

Exactly. Dirty Jobs was mostly entertainment but I also think an honest effort on Rowe's part to see what blue-collar jobs are really like. I can't fault him for that and I think he probably can be seen as an authority because he went out and got that experience.

"Educating" "People" "On" "Science"

>Mechanical engineer having anything to say about genders
I'd ask Dexter Holland, since it's his actual expertise.

But he doesn't have to be in shit every day to survive.

There's a huge psychological difference between visiting a jail cell and having go to jail.

Mike Rowe is awesome. Fuck you. At least he has respect for people who work for a living instead of shitting on us with your condescending piece of shit attitude and then wondering why we hate all of you.

he may "espouse conservative rhetoric", yet his actions show tolerance, open-mindedness and empathy--which are supposedly liberal values. the fuck is wrong with these people's (((moral))) compass?

Mike Rowe held a sheep while it's balls got literally bitten off, Bill Nye has not. This makes Rowe more true to his fictional portrayal than Nye will ever be.

Mike rowe brings respect to these professions as he shows that they are not simole. Bill Nye is just a retarded cuck

Half the people on dirty jobs are self-employed. Mike Rowe has talked about how people end up passionate about being septic workers to the point where they make millions doing it.

Bill Nye was shown in classrooms while the Science teacher took a nap. Mike Rowe was just on Discovery and was showing hard as fuck jobs that your parents tell you to avoid by getting an education. The hilarious part is the jobs Mike Rowe showcased often times pay shitloads more than the cubical wageslave job your parents wanted for you.

Just look at Union Steamfitters as an example. 70k USD a year with amazing benefits and pension package on the other end. No school debt of any kind since the Union trains you for 5 years on the job with weekly classroom work.

wew that nigga is educated

Mike Rowe has worked literally dozens of blue collar jobs just to show people that they need to respect blue collar workers. He also runs a charity that sponsors trade schools and people to go to them. He also is an Eagle Scout from back when that really meant something.

He is legitimately a good guy and on the working man's team. Just watch literally any interview he's ever done.

Compare that to Bill Nye who dies nothing now but try to shit on the working class and their values.

Fair enough. I don't really follow Mike Rowe too closely, so maybe I'm wrong here, but he's not constantly telling his viewers that he's the premier expert on the job he's doing. Its more of a window into a different lifestyle. Bill Nye on the other hand is sort of claiming that he is an expert on something that he's not. To be completely fair though people should try to beat Bill Nye's arguments instead of just bashing his academic background. But then again I'm drunk what do I know.

why did dolf throw away his heritage by drilling oil?

Is that a boy?
Please tell me that's a boy.

humans are fucking weird.

>gender studies
>science

I will have pic related. Only reason I am a wagecuck, overworked workaholic who disregards women and booze, acquiring currency

I have no problem with Bill making a science show.

But what he is making is not "science". Gender is not a "spectrum" where you can flip flop between 76 genders.
White people shouldn't stop having children because of Climate Change but its ok for Africans to have 9 kids because "They have a small carbon foot print"

Nye has gone off the deep end and has sold out. Also if the whole "gender" thing is true, then why the hell did Netflix edit his 90s show and remove all the chromosome stuff he went into?

You cant just change science to fit political agendas because you feel like it.

Am I the only one that remembers Bill Nye falling off the map for over a decade until he started doing his anti-religious debate shit with Ken Ham?
I wouldn't call a little show in the 90s, then selling an edited jewflix version 20 years later "dedicated" to education

>flip flop between 76 genders
>implying there are only 76 genders

Oh sweetie..

Respond to every single Shill Nye bait thread with this.

He should be credible as mechanical engineer.
But he is not a physician, nor a psychologist, nor a biologist.

Im´a psychologist, would you trust me on building bridges?

The thing is an engineer should know better than to espouse pseudo-science.

A communications major making a show about communicating the daily lives of normal people is perfectly normal.

still got my eagle scout letter from him

Wonder who is behind this post?

He is a show man, being a member of a "joy division" don't count as being a soldier.

Same. I also have one from Chuck Norris.

>tv host shows all the varied blue collar jobs that make the modern world work with the aim of destigmatizing trades and keeping these professions alive
>asshole hosts science show for kids and later uses the pedestal he was put on by that generation's unhealthy obsession with children's media to spew leftist propaganda
Wow, that Mike Rowe is an asshole.

He's whatever you want him to be.

He had white kids

Low effort shill pic at work. The point is not him being unfit for talking about this, this shit is only pointing out the usual argument from authority done by the side who despise nu-Nye. The real point is, he has several episodes where he talks about fucking pseudo-science and medicine in the same season where the infamous episode stands. Yet, he explains all of this sexuality shit as if everything was correct, proven...etc.
Also, fuck science, pic related.

Rowe is a huge faggot
Nye is also a huge faggot

Who gives a shit

>it had about as much to do with science as chemical compounds have to do with biology (very little if not at all)

Most of the time, Rowe's shows are about how even though he's worked tough jobs many times in many places, he's not really prepared for the jobs he gets shown around.
Every episode of "Dirty Jobs" is basically a love letter to being a hard working manly man.

Shit, I could never do it. I'll stick with my white-collar education plan.

>Rowe is a huge faggot

You take that back.

I'm gonna go masturbate now.

The purpose of Rowe's show is to just inform americans that, yes, blue collar people exist, and yes, their work ain't fucking easy. Too many assholes like you take everything for granted and trivialize the types of people that Rowe brings to the spotlight.

The left's disdain for the working class is exactly why they lost the election, and your new golden boy Nye is only going to further that kind of resentment and divide. By all means, continue paying celebrities like Nye and Rowling to virtue signal and ridicule 'white trash'. You're only making 2020 an easier victory for Trump.

>Jacking off to Lucifer

well someone wants browny points for the meat locker

Nah. I'm not blue collar anymore but I can say back when I was, I liked getting paid well. And he seems to be against every possible legislation to pay blue collar work well. So even though his show is OK, he's a filthy cunt and he should learn to shut the fuck up.

Mike Rowe never declared he knows the ins and outs of certain jobs. He participated and learned about different jobs during each episode. He also was trying to get people basic info about how some jobs are done and maybe build audience interest in the less popular jobs. He wasn't passing himself off as more knowledgeable than he actually was and definitely wasn't pushing out fake "facts"

That article in your picture is very interesting stuff.
Just confirms a lot of what I've seen myself and heard anecdotally, really, but it's nice to see it given some real work by an actual scientist.

I wish everyone would stop being such faggots about everything. If the left would stop race baiting and the right would stop pretending to be racist to wind them up, we could do real research on the different races and see where people stack up in different areas for an actual fact. It'd probably be good for literally everyone.

Science demands rigour. Every time you make a claim, you back it up and accept that you may be wrong. Every measured value is useless without its uncertainty. Whenever a paper is written or a talk is given, you need to present where you get your facts from - typically a journal or other respected, recognized source.
Nye does none of these things and is presented as an authority on science - the way he's dressed and polished and given this huge platform to make unfounded claims proves this. Until he or the writers of his show present a single credible reference, it is not "real science". Every time he's referred to in any capacity as a scientist, the lie roots itself a little deeper - stupid normies take his word to be fact, and the institution of scientific research itself loses a little credibility.

Isn't Nye just following orders to normalise being a pedos?

that comment sounds straight from reddit you fag

Mike Rowe has never once said or spoken as an authority on anything.

Mike Row gets dirty. Having done dirty jobs, I can say the first day is always the worst. Fuck his job.

Bill Nye is an engineer. An engineer either buys or requests an object with its properties stamped on the side. He takes these things and bolts them together into a manufactured system.

No one is worse at understanding natural systems and science than engineers, but good luck explaining that to them. Or anything, for that matter. Just give them a box of lego and tell them to fuck off.

kek
youtube.com/watch?v=HCmvDwDocrw

It's only because his show aired whenever the teacher was a substitute or was hung over.
So nostalgiafaggots love the guy.

What does Sup Forums make of Mike Rowe's S.W.E.A.T. Pledge?

i think i remember my old roommate not shutting the hell up about the lead guy from bad religion having a doctorate as well.

>but i think the guy is a leftist faygelah

Mike Rowe is a dumbass.

3 and 4 are bullshit, some managers are fucking awful at their jobs and make their hourly's lives a living hell but the rest are okay except for the "Created equal" meme.
I actually work a tough job, that has a high turnover rate because the kiddies straight out of high school are forced to get jobs by their mommies and daddies

He uses it in the trade schools he sponsors. It's actually a really good curriculum base and teaches and explains things they don't in public school anymore.

I used to watch his show as a kid and its what got me interested in science in the first place. Now I'm hacking my way through a physics degree and seeing the crap he's spouting now just hurts

i get the idea behind it, but following that list to the letter is borderline cuckoldry / doormat status.

i get it, take your job seriously and personally invest yourself in it. but number 7 is fuckin bullshit.

I'd like to have a beer with Mike.

What do you mean?

I have never seen him shit on workers and I have never seen him shit on protections for workers.

He's like a libertarian, he believes that you should work doing what you want at wages you think are fair. Don't be a fucking Marxist faggot and you may understand that.

Mike Rowe never claims to be an expert though. He learned new trades from a grunt's perspective. ..

So he's normally acknowledges that he's not a hero of the people? Also, fellow college student?

It's not meant to be taken literally. Number 7 is basically saying that if you want to make it in your field, bust your ass and make it happen.

What if he's fapping to Urushihara, not Lucifer? Really makes you think.

That's exactly the right message Rachel, nice job!

I wouldn't. He'd probably just spend his time telling me to go be a welder in North Dakota.

so basically, follow the list until your experienced / valuable enough that you get a comfy job. got it, learned that in boy scouts

The way in which Bill just fucking shuts up/ignores anyone who has dissenting ideas on their show really boils my blood

To be fair if you are a welder in North Dakota you'll probably make a fuckton of dollarydoos.

I met Mike Rowe a couple years back when I was a bartender in Baltimore. Came in to our restaurant with his friend, waited 20 minutes for a table, ordered a yuengling, and was all around a really nice guy. A couple filthy chefs (literally, it was a busy night) came out and he posed arms around them and shook their hands without hesitation. He's bigger than he looks. Solid guy standing at LEAST six foot. Kinda don't notice it in the show.

>Hostess leads Rowe and his friend to their table past a couple other people eating
>Guy with his GF leans back, stares and turns to his girlfriend
>"Yo, I think that was Mike Rowe."
>"No it wasn't. Shut up. "
>Guys leans back again
>"Girl, that was fucking Mike Rowe."
>"Hmm, he's hot."

Never met Bill, might be a cool dude too, but Mike (at least from what I could tell) seemed like a good guy