UK to Allow Gay Men to Donate Blood After Reduced 3 Month Celibacy Period

independent.co.uk/news/health/gay-blood-donation-sex-aids-three-months-year-a7721606.html

Should gay men be able to donate blood without a celibacy period?

--

The Government is expected to be told to make it considerably easier for gay men to donate blood in a dramatic winding down of the ban implemented amid the 1980s Aids epidemic.

An advisory committee is understood to have decided that the current deferral period, in which men cannot give blood within 12 months of having sex with another man, should be reduced to three months.

The change is in line with improved testing measures, which can establish whether someone has a blood infection, such as HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C or syphilis, inside three months.

Public Health England statistics estimate that 3,320 of the 6,095 people who were newly infected with HIV in 2015 were gay or bisexual, and 1,373 were in London.

The same report said 2,360 men and women “probably” contracted HIV via heterosexual activity, which, activists say, indicates that high risk and promiscuous sex aggravates infection levels, rather than homosexual activity.

Four people are reported to have contracted HIV through blood transfusions since 1985.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/wZzbe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How does one verify celibacy?

guess im going to go to poland if i need a blood transfusion.

i don't want fag blood to turn me gay

>promiscuous sex aggravates infection levels
There's a surprise

I assume they are on the honor system.

if blood is thoroughly and carefully tested after donation than whats the point of celibacy period anyway

whenever i go to the hospital to get blood i always ask if I can get non gay blood

The argument I have heard is that blood is mixed into big batches and so any contamination would ruin a large amount of blood. I don't know how true that is.

I guess one doesn't need to point out the insanity of endangering and killing people with infected blood for the sole purpose of appeasing an extremely tiny minority's feelings.

>The same report said 2,360 men and women “probably” contracted HIV via heterosexual activity, which, activists say, indicates that high risk and promiscuous sex aggravates infection levels, rather than homosexual activity.
I like this, very sneaky work. They completely omit the part where the "straight" carrier has been previously fucking men and passed the disease on to their straight partner.

Gay men should be hung for inflicting such damage upon people because they're too weak to control themselves. Filthy cunts.

>"England will be struck by 7 plagues when World War 3 is at hand."

Enjoy the AIDS faggots

Gays should never able to donate, and a three month celibacy system would never work.

This is damned foolish, our tests for HIV and HCV are only so accurate. And with the constant mutations spurred on by antivirals its only a matter of time before things really get bad. People don't realize how serious a blood transfusion is, this will only risk lives and cost more money. Where's the SCIENCE! outrage over the fact that we are using blood products statistically more likely to cause incurable, excruciating illness?

Why the James Allsup pic though?

Tests are only 1/10000 accurate and 10% of fags will get HIV in their lifetime. If 100000 fags donate blood in 40 years, one patient will get HIV, no matter the testing.

White gays rarely get the HIV. Issue (here at least) is mostly minority gays.

HIV spreads like the black plague if they allow this

It's an elaborate excuse to tell them to fuck off, as you say nobody can really provide proof so they'll be turned away.

>The same report said 2,360 men and women “probably” contracted HIV via heterosexual activity, which, activists say, indicates that high risk and promiscuous sex aggravates infection levels, rather than homosexual activity.
When a tiny minority of the population accounts for half your infections it means their behavior is more dangerous. Jesus Christ I hate these fucking kikes and liberals and every fucking retard who eats this math up

A small percentage of us have some genetic resistance as well, look up the delta-32 mutation and the Berlin patient.

Enjoy your GRIDS from "blood transfusions."

>Celibate
>Gay Men
Seems Legit

true, 2015 about 17k were infected in the US, 10k were gay niggers

Not true. That's a lie that fags tell each other to trick each other into homosexual sodomy despite the trepidation of younger partners.
This is also a lie.

The truth is that AIDS, like the plague, is from God. For he sees something wrong in his eyes. Enjoy your

ANAL
INFLICTED
DEATH
SENTENCE

It depends on the way to examine the blood.

A normal ELISA assay, by instance, might be used to detect antibodies against the virus. These antibodies grow in answer to the infection, meaning that you might have the virus today and not have antibodies against it yet, coming to develop these antibodies after some days/weeks.

By instance, if a test detects the IgG antibody only, you might take weeks to months until you have a detectable infection. If a test detects IgM you might have HIV today, but only have the IgM in detectable levels two weeks from now, when you have already donated blood, so your infection wasn't detected.

Apparently, the newer tests also detect some protein directly from the virus, thus making it less likely to miss an early infection, but the risk is still too high to justify because you cannot use a honor system because gays traditionally do not have the same average level of the concept of honor.

The fags are a minority but responsible for more than half the cases.

this is just more subversion, they did the same thing here in the US

next up is retard acceptance and STD normalization

Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord:

discord.gg/wZzbe

Endangering lives to appease fags

here, I wasn't agreeing with the gay guy, just stating a fact about the genetic thing. No homosexuals should be blood or organ donors, I work in healthcare I don't need this shit floating around.

join other gays in Chechnya

fuck off

This is true, there are different strains however and the virus can evolve given environmental pressure. Our testing is never going to be foolproof I don't know who in their right fucking mind thought this would be acceptable.

>gays traditionally do not have the same average level of the concept of honor.
>The fags are a minority but responsible for more than half the cases.
We should probably just kill them, before it's too late for the rest of us.

Just let fags donate to other fags problem solved