Were the 80's really as good as people say it was?

Were the 80's really as good as people say it was?

It was better than they say.
Then again, anything is better than society now.

Yes.

90s were better. Hopeful time. 9/11 assraped everything.

yes.

for banksters and rich kids it was likely a free for all. for everyone else the recession was a humbling situation

Rubik's Cube, Pacman, and the Sony Walkman portable stereo cassette player / radio. Life was pretty good.

>It was better than they say.
Came here to post this reply.

>great aesthetic
>great music
>great movies
>great vidya
>great tech
>great economy
>great president
>great standing in the world

The best.

1988 was the peak of the post-WW2 powers (USA, UK, Germany, Japan, France). Things were still good up until 9/11, but not the same. This was a time where the west was developed but half the world was still living in the dirt. We won't see wealth disparity between nations like that again.

10/10 time to be alive. Would definitely go back if given the chance.

Everything before 9/11 was better.

9/11 made America go full redneck for the next 7 years, blow trillions (TRILLIONS) on wars that didn't do anything, and stuff their government full of retarded cuckservatives who promised that nothing bad would happen to the US ever again as long as the billions kept flowing into Israel.

Then of course, the hangover set in, and everyone recoiled in horror, and elected a smug black guy just because he was black and could speak well and wasn't Bush and wasn't as obviously tainted with recent history's neoconservative excesses.

Now it's swung back the other way, and we're stuck with this retarded reality TV star as leader of the free world, because he's vaguely racist and the black guy turned out to be bad at everything except speeches.

How do we make it socially acceptable to gas these creatures?

youtube coke commercials from 1980s and 1990s. we are in a hellhole.

wow i actually agree with a leaf baka

clogged arteries and heart attacks are real.

If you're talking about the 1880's then yes, it was a great time.

my 20's began in '83

seemed pretty great.. I lived them on the California coast

yeah they were

At least the thin girl won't die of diabeetus by age 30 :^)

Yes, everything was better culturally. We still had problems, but people had a more positive outlook. Various reasons include...

>no social media, so no desire for everyone to try and one-up each other
>no widespread cellphone usage, so people actually had to talk face to face at parties and other social events
>no Youtube, so you could see someone with a camcorder in public and your thought was "Oh cool, I'm gonna be in his home movies!" not "Oh fuck, this faggot is gonna turn me into a meme."
>TV shows and movies often had a positive message, which made people feel good
>music and commercials were generally happy and wholesome instead of nihilistic or overtly sexual
>Reagan had an old fashioned Hollywood cowboy image that appealed to many people, even if they disagreed with him politically
>parents could discipline their children without being accused of "abuse"
>trannies and other degenerates were rightfully laughed at

>Were the 80's really as good as people say it was?

Disco.

/thread.