The Next 100 Years

Have any of you read this book? Any thoughts on the predictions it makes?

For those of you who haven't read it, the tl;dr is WW3 by 2050, Germany rapidly declines, Poland can into great power, Japan gets millitant again and Russia fragments into smaller states.

Bump

Looking forward to the Polish-American alliance crushing Turkey

I made it like a third of the way through and got bored. What I do know is that a lot of his predictions depend on China falling apart by 2025, which I don't see happening

He ignores climate changes, therefore he's wrong. Nice analysis otherwise.

I read it, seems pretty on point so far. Poland hasn't gotten all strong yet but Turkey is rising like he said they would. I like his predictions for the satellite power beaming tech for our military. He touches on Mexico wanting our sweet land and going to war for it, not too thrilled about that. The book opened my eyes to why we have a large navy, and actually made me kind of support the way we do things. He talks about how our skirmishes in half a dozen little countries at a time keep everyone's military spending land-based, so we keep ultimate control of the oceans to guarantee our trading, and that of our allies. He doesn't so much spin world politics as a simple red team/blue team argument, but more of a bunch of independent teams whose actions are dictated by their countries' geographic features, like how we need access to the Pacific ocean to keep our sweet navy in business. Mexico better fucking think about that. Talking to you, Paco.

The only predictions that came true were the ones either happening during the time the book was written or those that were in the air. Otherwise he had to revise even his most near predictions several times already and counting.
Basically, you got jewed.

You're just butthurt your country's going to break up with itself. You'll be fine Ivan, just keep making sexy airplanes and dependable spacecraft. We can work together, we've proven it.

Remember, Mexico will overtake the US and declare Atzlan in 2100. Mexico shall take its rightful place as the world's only superpower.

>The book opened my eyes to why we have a large navy, and actually made me kind of support the way we do things.
So you realized that neocons and globalism aren't just bad words but actually profit your empire at the expense others.

By first prediction we were supposed to break apart by what? 2016? Any minute now.

He has made many predictions. Some have or will be proven to be correct, while others will fail. He's not a time traveller or a prophet.

Yes, but I think that it's bullshit

He has some interesting things to say but the long-term predictions are retarded. I get why he says that Poland will become relevant, but that's not going to happen and neither will the EU dissolve - it will integrate

His long term prediction are abit fucked, but predicting anything past 10 years is just educated guesses that mostly likely won't happen. That being said his near term stuff is pretty solid, and as stated above his work is based mostly on geographics and economics. So pretty base and fair, especially when it comes to real world RTS/Risk mechanics. His book that you should be reading is "The Next Decade: What the World Will Look Like".

Prety much talks about the US needing a Trump like figure, someone who can retain our Republic but at the same time maintain a modern day empire. Among other topics, it's a really good read, and much more realistic. I was pretty shocked since it was out in 2011

>muh satellite warfare

no

Disrupting or deletion of critical enemy satellites, especially ones that deal in the realm of communication, must be any nation of power's concern. To defend and attack in space will become an area of sensitivity, investments int he technology must either be already in place, or being put into place now. Though most likely not in the form of actually destruction as that would create debris, making it a global concern. Either cyber attacks to posses, energy overload, or pushing them into oceans or outwards into space would most likely take form. Space is the long term game, who controls space would be akin to who owns the oceans.

>Prety much talks about the US needing a Trump like figure
When Trump won I was quite shocked because the book predicted isolationism, and against all odds, the isolationist candidate actually won over the globalist one for the first time in two decades. No one could've predicted this, yet the book did.

But then he turned full Globalist and ruined everything. At this point I only listen to George for an explanation of how things function and simply filter his "predictions". I really like his explanation for why Turkey, for an example, needs carriers (the ME region is full of piracy and carriers prevent that effectively) and why Poland will become relevant (because Russia will pull its buffer to Poland & friends after annexing Ukraine), but any concrete predictions about those are pretty much guesses that he uses to hype himself. You cannot predict something as accurately as he claims.

>Germany rapidly declines, Poland can into great power,

Can't ask for more

Someone who can predict the future should be the richest and most powerful human being living on this planet. If the author isn't exactly that this book has no worth other than being a little thought experiment

>Russia and China fragmenting

Boy do I hope

Also does the US remain a superpower?

Yes. WWIII is between Poland, Turkey, and Japan having grabbed bits of Russia and China. US wins at the end.

However, Mexico takes its revenge on the US by the end of century and becomes the world's superpower.

>poland
>great power

I initially read this book and thought it was really insightful however now I thin it's just totally incorrect.
Only the most general of his predictions have come true. I mean if you try to pick out which of his predictions came 100% accurate or even 70% accurate you don't have any.

it's possible, though the falling apart i see will be rather disappointing compared to what others expect/ meme
hk and taiwan independence, that's all
total damage to china's productivity would be negligible considering both are declining areas
xinjiang and tibet breaking off would require a hot ww3 since china stores its nukes there

Did he write about peak prosperity in the book?
100 years - humanity will definitely run out of hydrocarbons and it's basis of our ((modern)) civilization and we won't probably be able to substitute hydrocarbons with any alternatives, this will lead to a collapse. Probably within 10-20 years, not even 100.

>humanity will definitely run out of hydrocarbons
wrong
look at venus
there's more than enough hydrocarbons to re-create hell

iirc bumping your own thread doesn't work until someone else has posted.

Wet Dreams the book.

>Wet Dreams
Not for Russia.