How would the West respond if most Syrian rebels were Christians?

A very interesting article which exposes the hypocrisy of Sup Forumstards regarding their blind support in favor of Assad. Recommend the reading.

>Assad had to devise a gambit to scare off a Western-led intervention while he got on with the dirty work of murdering his people - more than half a milion have died on all sides in the war so far and counting.

>And he calculated that nothing pollutes Western political discourse more effectively than any combination of the words “jihadist,” “Islamic fundamentalist,” or “terrorist”.

>For years, Assad had watched Israeli propagandists undercut Western condemnation of Israel’s atrocities in Gaza by conflating Palestinian resistance with “radical Islam” and by portraying Hamas as the face of the revolution.

>It’s a ruse Israel has deployed mercilessly to crush three intifadas, and incarcerate two million Gazans in an open-air concentration camp – while earning barely a raised eyebrow from the West. Assad also looked on as the West did nothing as Abdel Fattah al-Sisi overthrew a democratically elected Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and then slaughtered hundreds of its political supporters.

middleeasteye.net/columns/rebels-christian-syria-west-1381886596

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wJ0K3CY7GHs
youtu.be/aG_SutViEmQ
youtu.be/2own7V_iENU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WrKteSrZJbY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>But what if you switch Muslim for Christian?

Would the West feel so constrained were US weapons ending up in the laps of Christian fundamentalist groups? Would the West accept these Christian fundamentalist groups being categorised as terrorist organisations?

And how would Western countries view Christians who travelled to Syria, risking all to defend Syrians from Assad’s barrel bombs and Iran’s militias?

No, no, and "as heroes" are the correct answers.

But Syria isn’t a Christian majority country, and Christian militants do not now lead the rebels. It’s a Muslim majority country and the rebels are now led by Muslim militants.

That's why rather than view them as heroes, we automatically vilify those Muslims who travel to Syria to fight Assad as “terrorists,” strip them of their legal rights and, in some cases, their citizenship. Even Muslims who have traveled to Syria to work for aid agencies have been charged with terrorism.

When you change the identity of the rebels from Islamist to Christian fundamentalist, finding moral clarity suddenly becomes less difficult. Assad is objectively the bad guy in this fight and on the other side just happens to be a religious identity your Western sensibility is uncomfortable with.

How times change. When the Soviet Union was the West’s sworn enemy, the West had little difficulty in identifying Muslim militants as the "good guys" during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. “This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen of Afghanistan,” read the closing credits to Hollywood's version of the war, Rambo 3.

Most spics are Christian too.

I'm not reading all your shit. But to answer your first question; we are allowed to root for our own.

I dont care. I just like seeing people die.

They probably wouldn't be killing each other, now would they?

>sees file name
You just want to fuck them, don't you?

They would be saying how we need to ban Christianity and deport them all because the left is a bunch of hypocritical pieces of shit who shit on Christians 24 7 non-stop despite them being generally nice people.

If the rebels were Christian, they wouldn't be killing gays, stoning women and beheading Government POWs...
So who knows, maybe they would be more supportive of them... maybe...
maybe

>When you change the identity of the rebels from Islamist to Christian fundamentalist, finding moral clarity suddenly becomes less difficult. Assad is objectively the bad guy in this fight and on the other side just happens to be a religious identity your Western sensibility is uncomfortable with.
if u dont support your enemies, they win

1. They are Islamists splintered in many factions.
2. They are funded and supplied by countries like Saudi Arabia. Many of them aren't even Syrian.
3. Assad regime Syria wasn't perfect, but it was a relatively normal country. What happens when Islamist fractions seize power? See Libya.

Thus Assad is simply lesser evil, and also a bulwark against further destruction of Middle East by Western agents and their local allies like Saudi royal family.
The fact they also protect Christians there is a bonus. These Islamists want to exterminate them.
>also, Hezbollah are Islamists too, yet they protect Christians in Syria

slide thread die fucking collabo de mes deux

>conflating Palestinian resistance with “radical Islam”

Fucking lefties. Self declared islamists carrying out suicide bombings are "resistance".

So fucking naive. Both Assad and Hezbollah are mudslimes who shit on Christians. Forgot about Lebanon already?

>trying to genocide legitimate refugees of ww2 is a "resistance"
hokey

under assad all religious and ethnic minorities lived at relative peace. The rebels are mostly hardcore islamists that either just kill them or put them in cages as human shields against airstrikes.

also
>french
>supports radical islam
who would've thought

Just like in the Yugoslav War, we'd do nothing and then at some point the US would rush in and bomb the government.

So exactly the same.

What's next?

>How would the West respond if most Jews were Christians?

Stay mad Shlomo/Achmed

>if most Syrian rebels were Christians
But they're not. Kebabs should be allowed to sort their own problems.

What about Lebanon? Christians there, at least part of them, acted as Western agents. Hezbollah fought them.
Now Hezbollah and Christians cooperate there. Many Christians support them. Things change.

>its the french kike shitposter again

Fun fact your moderate terrorist do kill Christians and your kike media doesnt give any shit about them,because the only ones that protect Christians are Hamas and the Syrian army.

Oh wait thats /our(temporary strategical)guys/ you kikes hate and constantly try to frame as killing muh children and being le terroristgroups to support the ironically real Christian and child murdering "moderate" Jihadist terorrists because you faggots have been losing big time in Syria since the Russian intervention.

>No, no, and "as heroes" are the correct answers.

Why do you ask if you already have your made up answers

>Hamas
Hezbolla

Wrong. Lebanon used to be a Christian country allied with the West. It was both the Shiites with Iran's funded Hezbollah and Syria and the Sunnis with the Palestinians who transformed this country into a third world mudslime shit hole.

Christians do not cooperate, they submit.

Why would Christians be terrorists?

the syrians are absolutely based and brotier, its the sub 70 iq monkeys from africa that give the syrians a bad name because the media writes down both as refugee

It is the opposite - the "rebels" are about to kill christians.

This shit is called Islamic State, you faggot Achmed.

France today has the last chance to avoid future civil war by electing LePen. Electing Macron leads to inevitable civil war in France.

That isn't what turned Lebanon.

Lebanon's Christian majority was always razor thin. I'm talking 51-49 type ratios.

Then Israel made a few million Palestinian refugees and suddenly Lebanon is majority Muslim.

Im atheist so arab is still arab for me.Nice try shlomo

Then why didn't christians join the FSA, but support Assad? Also you should read up about Hezb, they changed a lot.
They are not. Syrians from the Levant are, but everyone else is shit tier.

As I said, things changed now.

Fuck off Juden, you have no power here

Ya Bashar

The Pallies came from Jordan after the Black September.

Israel helped Christians against all these mudslimes.

Oy vey

Herschel, your nose is showing...

>They probably wouldn't be killing each other, now would they?
They would. It is in blood of middle eastern people. Doesnt matter what religion they have.. Malaysian and Indonesians are also Sunni Muslim and they are pretty radical. But they dont give shit about violence or anything.

Read OP's article and the Israel-related part. Don't think he is a kike, and neither am I.

>>its the french kike shitposter again

kek, knew it

so many fucking Kikes on Sup Forums

That too. All the mudslimes in the Middle East are just savages. Massacre, gas attacks... it is just normal.

Every mudslime would destroy the West if he had the means to do so.

as if asian extremist muslims are any better. They're so bad that fucking buddists get violent agains them

If it was not for Assad, make no mistake, every Christian in Syria would have been slaughtered already

youtu.be/wJ0K3CY7GHs

Ya Bashar

He is probably that Serbian diasporafag sucking Putin's dick.

*cough* whats goin on with this pic here senpai

>b-but what if the jihadi terrorists where christians fundamentalists????

Then they would not be rageheads trying to establish a medieval Sharia state in Syria shooting, beheading and gassing civilians even children all over the place and turning Syria back into a medieval shithole, so of course they would and deserve to be treated differently.

And even if they existed just for the sake of your retarded kike shill argument to spin sympathy for your Jihadist terrorist assets out of retarded fabrications, you kikes and your Saudi and Qatari fellows wouldn't have supported them in first place, because you don't actually want a Christian state next to you, you want a disfunctional muslim shithole that poses no threat to you and you can even conquer later and they would be completely helpless and powerless against the Syrian forces without (((foreign))) support and supplies.

>if the people who got killed were diferent, people would react differently
Hmm... Really makes you think...

If you forget islamists are islamists they do not even seem like islamists. Wow, that is great.

>pic related
Maisie Williams leaks?

Last chemical attack in Syria. You should watch the video, really funny.

An attack? I didn't notice shit. I was sleeping last night, unbombed, just fine.

>How would the West respond if most Syrian rebels were Christians?
It wouldnt even make the news here

youtu.be/aG_SutViEmQ

Israel might pity them. And the key word there is might.

No, skippy, we don't

Where the Al Qaeda affiliated "White Helmets" aren't even wearing gloves during a supposed chemical weapons attack?

Yeah it's a riot

They have in the past but nothing gigantic.

Israel doesn't care about Christianity no matter how much they try to play it off that they do.

Why don't you prove that he did it before you go "muh 19D crossword puzzles xD"

Indeed, why would they care?
Christians are just better allies than mudslimes.

Because many fundamentalist Christians show affinity towards Jewish people. But not the other way around.

It depends. Religious Jewish scums maybe don't care about Christians but most Israeli nationalists do.

All I know is that when they found the guy that terrorized the Jewish centers in several US states, I was pretty happy. Partly because I didn't have to see the shit on my TV all the time.

The same way they would if they were black African Christians.

Almost no one here, on Sup Forums, gives a shit about black Christian Africans, even when the Bible specifically instructs you to treat, and always help fellow Christians - and to not discriminate about appearances and/or ethnicities.

The world just appropriates the words of God and choose and pick what suits them and what benefits their personal agendas.

If they were Christians we A) not hear about it at all from Jew Media and B) they wouldn't be rapist criminals

>West as a country
largely the same, the root of the problem lies in the territorial struggles and dick waving between US and Russia, they'll still find a way to spin it even if they were all hitlers.
>the people
Media shock for a week then everyone forgets about them, would've been a lot more vocal about their crimerates when they migrated to Europe but since they're Christians and not Muslims the statistics might've been a lot different since theyre not that rapey as Muslims
>on Sup Forums /po/ the origami nazi board
more people would support the rebels, but just somewhat more
>your article
is silly and you should be ashamed to use it as bait

>Israel has helped Lebanon

Most of my life attending church, I was around Black African Christians and African American Christians. I don't care for those that claim to be Christian, dress up on Sunday, act as if every sin is forgiven of them, yet act like assholes 6 days out of the week though.

For someone who claims not to be a Jew and totally not OP, you sure do claim to have a handle on Israeli attitudes

Just saying, you know

>also, Hezbollah are Islamists too, yet they protect Christians in Syria

Yeah but for how long? It's ironic that Aoun, a mortal enemy of them, now is best buds

Many of the black African Christians here in Africa are extremely religious, far more so than those in the West that have been corrupted by the media.

I'm not saying you should like or support them, I don't, but I acknowledge that it's hypocritical. Especially for the fact that Bible speaks about the poor nearly 1000 times and that how all Christians must help and treat one other as equals.

funny how """moderate""" rebels in 2012 riots against assad already chanted christians to beirut and alevites to the coffin.
It has been a buttmad sunni uprising all the time, hezbollah ist just searching strategic alliances and plays Irans game in the end who want to etablish a foothole in the mediterranian.

the same you autist. the people aren't in control of their governments.

they would, real Christians are like Arabs

And now the kike, revealed, won't even respond to reasonable questions

youtu.be/2own7V_iENU

Guess he can't find a knife to stab him with while he screams in "pain"

Sup Forums here, is Kiki okay?

straight redpills

The Bible ask speaks against being a fool. Helping the poor is required, but that's different than opening your doors to people who want to kill you or force their way of life on you by the barrel of gun.

Nothing hypocritical about that. Sup Forums discussions on Christianity are always lol material for me because of how absolutely little most posters know about Christianity in general.

We'd have no problem letting them in anywhere

Fuck you faggot. The Christians are being protected by Assad and Russia from Americas terrorist army. The rebels will kill every Christian they can get their hands on.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WrKteSrZJbY

Listen to an American senator tell what's really going on.
Fucking empire is sending disinformation trolls more and more.

this bread again? why do you keep making these?

KONY2012

It's the redditors and those college classes on how to infiltrate Sup Forums.

They come make a post and leave. They never stay around to read the replies. They think they're effecting change by flooding the board like this.

If you look at 99% of the posts like this they're all

>1 post by this ID.

>...if most Syrian rebels didn't want to commit Jihad on us.

Yeah, we'd act differently.

But I'm sure (((Werleman))) has valid arguments why we should take in millions of potential terrorists.

If most Syrians were Christian, the entire scenario would be different.

And if it was just a muslim majority killing off a christian minority, well that shit happens every couple of years in the middle east, so "yawn."

USA funded and supported Syrian Free Army by the contrary now dominated by Sunni Islamist extremists - Algerian user/CTR.

>>And he calculated that nothing pollutes Western political discourse more effectively than any combination of the words “jihadist,” “Islamic fundamentalist,” or “terrorist”.

Yes western nations, IS is an army of noble freedom fighters! Moderate rebels! The fact that they have beards, read the holy Quran and pray to Allah surely doesn't make them evil monsters!

If you want to get rid of Assad prepare for Somalia 3.0.

Is this really what you want?

Also moon goat death cult isn't comparable to christianity.

>Sunni Islamist extremists

Stop being so Islamophobic please you nazi, it's triggering me.

The west would bomb them if they were christians like they did to Croats and Serbs

No muslims no problem

Thought you ran away, Herschel

If they were christians, they wouldn't be beheading each other.

I wouldn't give a shitty I don't want non Europeans/whites into Europe at all.

Crush them. If they were also white the west would genocide them.

>hamas isn't the face of the revolution
Ok, even if they aren't, which is a statement I don't agree with, they are the democratically elected government of Gaza.

Christians are being genocided in those regions and not a damn fuck was given.

Op wtf are you ranting about.