CATHOLIC GENERAL: SUNDAY OF SHEPHERD EDITION

Jayden Taylor
Jayden Taylor

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Today is Fourth Sunday of Easter
Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/050717.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

All urls found in this thread:

usccb.org/bible/readings/050717.cfm
newadvent.org/
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA
youtube.com/watch?v=CB3H05OhVDI
lifesitenews.com/news/church-is-gravely-mistaken-if-she-thinks-migration-is-her-real-mission-card
youtube.com/watch?v=d1bBpIdyV0c
youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=EJxRDhejtwo
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw
youtu.be/wQr4udSiEew
canadafreepress.com/article/the-resurrection-of-christ-as-told-by-the-shroud-of-turin
shroudnm.com/docs/SEAM-Shroud-of-Turin-Presentation.pdf
vatican.va/archive/
sensustraditionis.org/ExaminationConscienceLong.pdf
ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/philomena.htm
ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/mag.htm
chick.com/reading/tracts/1000/1000_01.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=UEkJJidVjGU
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8hefESt7c

Carter Butler
Carter Butler

implying lucifer isn't god

kek

Christopher Howard
Christopher Howard

Ol' Lucy is still eternaly butthurt
lol

Lincoln Russell
Lincoln Russell

lest we forget the trials and tribulations inflicted by the holy fathers

Angel Rivera
Angel Rivera

an equal among the sons

Christian Miller
Christian Miller

How was mass, Catholads?

Landon Cox
Landon Cox

Reminder that yesterday marked the day 189 Swiss Guards defended the Pope from 20,000+ soldiers, mostly Lutherans

For the grace, for the might of our lord
In the name of his glory
For the faith, for the way of the sword
Come and tell their story again

youtube.com/watch?v=CB3H05OhVDI

Jaxon Richardson
Jaxon Richardson

It was good. First Sundays are truly beautiful.

Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

as he placed the body of christ on my tongue i detected the pungent odor of the altar boys taint

Nathaniel Phillips
Nathaniel Phillips

Any idea who will be our next pope? I'm gettihng fed up of this one.

Isaiah Martinez
Isaiah Martinez

Very glad to hear it, Polebro

Will be conservative, I think. Although Pope Francis gets a lot of criticism, one of the areas where he hasn't been disappointing (with the exception of a couple of egregious US appointments) is in appointing Cardinals. But probably not one of the prominent ones who've spoken out, like Cardinal Burke. Probably someone like Cardinal Oullet of Leafland

Zachary Gonzalez
Zachary Gonzalez

I hope for Cardinal Sarah. He is beyond based.

William Perez
William Perez

How long do you think pope Francis has left? While I don't hate the man, I do not like the liberty he takes when telling the world what a "True Catholic" should be doing, like the whole Refugees Welcome support and what not. He seems to want to take care of Muslims in the middle east rather than Christians getting persecuted across the world.

Connor Edwards
Connor Edwards

Good to see a Christian leader with a pair of balls for once. So sick of this watered down 'nice guy' act the church has going at the moment.

Samuel Nguyen
Samuel Nguyen

Could anyone tell me what confession is like? I need to do confession, but I wouldn't know how to confess as I am quite ignorant on it.

Camden Powell
Camden Powell

Difficult to tell. He looks noticably unsteady on his feet & needs help up & down stairs. But the body can give up long before the organs. Regardless of what he's said, if he, as is looking likely, is the Pope to bring SSPX back in to the fold, the pontificate will,in my opinion, have been a success.

Since you like Pole's pic of Cardinal Sarah

“The Church is gravely mistaken as to the nature of the real crisis if she thinks that her essential mission is to offer solutions to all the political problems relating to justice, peace, poverty, the reception of migrants

lifesitenews.com/news/church-is-gravely-mistaken-if-she-thinks-migration-is-her-real-mission-card

Christopher Gutierrez
Christopher Gutierrez

On average Pope serve 6-7 years. And he is already served 4
African Church is surprisingly based. Probably because that your only neighbors are Islamists and literal pagans.

Robert Peterson
Robert Peterson

“Thus, a good man, though a slave, is free; but a wicked man, though a king, is a slave. For he serves, not one man alone, but what is worse, as many masters as he has vices.”
― Augustine of Hippo, City of God

Wyatt Miller
Wyatt Miller

pope gets saved by stem cells

Oh the irony.

Justin Taylor
Justin Taylor

Go in
Hello father. It's been [last time you went to confession. If never, just say it's your first time]
These are my sins
Say sins
Priest: ok, here is some guidance & your penance to do. Now say act of contrition
Act of contrition: pic related
Priest: I absolve you of your sins through Christ our Lord

Jacob Martin
Jacob Martin

Let me give you some tough love:
Catholics are cucks.
The current pope is a joke.
Your brand of Christianity is dying because it's weak and pathetic.
Adjust yourselves accordingly if you want to change those facts.

Samuel Adams
Samuel Adams

Yeah, yeah, you can leave it where we usually leave something that we heard ten times time in past half of hour aka trash can. Say hello to Anderson when you will leave.

Julian Williams
Julian Williams

To add to that, there are five really important thing that you have do to make your confession good.
1.Examination of conscience - My sins against God, others & self
2. Act of contrition -Being sorry for what I’ve done -Real sorrow
3. Amendment -Promise not to do our sins anymore -trying to avoid temptation
4. confession - to tell the priest our sins -Honest acceptance of our mortal & venial sins
5. penance -Doing what the priest told us to do - prayer & resolutions -Renewal of life

2&4 are most important.

Grayson Hill
Grayson Hill

Catholics are cucks
They literally conquered your whole continent and defended Europe from incessant attacks
Current Pope is a joke
Not an argument against Catholicism
Your brand is dying
Church membership in 2007 was 1.147 billion people (17% of the global population at the time), increasing from the 1950 figure of 437 million and 654 million in 1970. On 31 December 2008, membership was 1.166 billion, an increase of 11.54% over the same date in 2000, and slightly greater than the rate of increase of the world population (10.77%)

Cooper Lee
Cooper Lee

just leave the thread if you don't like catholics, it's not because the Pope and some churches communities shout the loudest that it defines every catholics as cucked

Charles Ortiz
Charles Ortiz

Thanks, but I don't know how to bring my sins. Do I have to explain them?

I'm autistic so I get quite anxious over little things that I can't plan.

Michael Ward
Michael Ward

Romans Kill Jesus
Monopolize his legacy + use the church to oppress the masses
Jesus was again'st Establishment Religion guys

Landon Johnson
Landon Johnson

Everyone is welcome.

Easton Davis
Easton Davis

You have to say them, yes, but you don't need to 'explain' them. If you're autistic & it'd help, you can even write them down and take the paper with you. The priest can't see you

Charles Davis
Charles Davis

Thanks for the help, this is usefull

Jeremiah Powell
Jeremiah Powell

what's that supposed to mean ???

Levi Nguyen
Levi Nguyen

Being welcomed does not mean that you can walk into our living room and started to shit on our carpet.
And you wonder why you have illegal immigrants.

Owen Murphy
Owen Murphy

bump

Michael Perry
Michael Perry

Bumping with churches

Jayden Lee
Jayden Lee

Last posts:
Dubs
Dubs
Trips
Quads?

Noah Ward
Noah Ward

Catholicism is a corruption of Jesus' true church

Ethan Price
Ethan Price

That's why we are in perfect harmony with Scripture and earliest accounts of Christian life like Didache?

Christian Collins
Christian Collins

Here are the keys, Peter. The gates of hell will never prevail against the Church I am entrusting to you
*2,000 years later*
Jesus wasn't serious. I believe everything he said except the part that means I'd have to actually commit to something

Lincoln Reyes
Lincoln Reyes

Here are the keys, Peter. The gates of hell will never prevail against the Church I am entrusting to you

he didnt say that though

also
jesus set up the catholic church and said we can decide what is and isnt christianity
t. the catholic church
oh how convenient

the catholic church preaches just war theory

the early christians were executed for refusing to serve in the army

but yeah the catholic church is SO true to christianity amirite

and lets not even get into the burning of heretics

Adrian Gonzalez
Adrian Gonzalez

Paul wasn't condemned for being a soldiers, but because he persecuted Christians, which is what those early Christians would have had to do if they enlisted in the army. Pls understand just war theory better

Jordan Gonzalez
Jordan Gonzalez

You sound like if you didn't read Maccabees.

Angel Bailey
Angel Bailey

go read the entire sermon on the mount and then try and justify murder in a christian context

oh right

you cant

incidentally that is all war is, murder on a mass scale

you sound like you didnt listen to jesus

Angel Young
Angel Young

i dont know what Paul has to do with anything by the way, i never mentioned him and he has nothing to do with the christian prohibition against murdering your neighbour

Elijah Adams
Elijah Adams

definitely gonne bea juice

Ayden Brown
Ayden Brown

You cited early Christians refusal to enlist in the Roman army as a sign fighting is against Catholicism. It's not. Persecuting your fellow Catholics, as the Roman army did, is

Parker Richardson
Parker Richardson

Does anyone know any good books to recommend to a self proclaimed "secularist" who follows guys like sam harris and molymeme?
I've been in talks with this guy, a real bright kid, who honestly believes you can have morals despite him admiting that with his own idealogy there are "no absolutes."
He also denys free will and frankly having talked to him about that I realized I need to read more on the church's proof of free will, so any books on that would also be great.

Have a blessed day.

Levi Evans
Levi Evans

Personal private lessons from an SSPX priest (assuming they'd be willing to teach a NEET like me) or RCIA? The closest novus ordo church is a 15 minute walk. The only SSPX parish is way downtown.

Christian Young
Christian Young

RCIA.

Ayden Miller
Ayden Miller

he didnt say that though
Matthew 16:18-19 (KJV)
"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven"
Yeah, sure he didn't say that.

Alexander Fisher
Alexander Fisher

Honestly user, the best argument I've seen on that topic was in C.S Lewis' Mere Christianity. Nobody says you can't be moral as an atheist. What we say is that there's no reason to be moral as an atheist. As C.S Lewis says, for a relativist 'I ought' has the same compulsive power same as 'I itch'.

Connor Collins
Connor Collins

Thanks user, I'll be certain to recommend it to him.

Austin Peterson
Austin Peterson

Any reasons why?

Kayden Flores
Kayden Flores

You can always find traditional churches and orders with the Catholic Church proper and still remain in full communion with the holy see. Moreover, while I certainly understand the rejection of parts of vatican 2, it still offers some good things and as such wholesale rejection of the church both causes one to lose out on those and that many benefits of the Church, and also prevents one from actually changing the bad parts of Vatican 2. Rejection of the holy see prevents any real changes: it's a powerful symbolic move certainly, but the protestants didn't get any changes of Church doctrine by leaving the Church and neither will groups like SSPX. Rather, by remaing in full communion, one is able to enter into the Church's internal discourse and thus has a chance to change the rejected parts of Vatican 2 from the inside, something that can never be done by rejection of full communion.

Cooper Hill
Cooper Hill

What is FSSP

Angel Sanchez
Angel Sanchez

Friendly bump.
I'm no Catholic, but I appreciate what you do.

Kevin Lee
Kevin Lee

Disappointing to see this thread so far down in the catalogue.

But it's amazing that Sup Forums, a board for non-mainstream views and political incorrectness, is actually fostering a Catholic community devoted to Love and having a healthy family and soul.

Is the world really so far gone that traditional Catholicism, focused around having a healthy family, virtuous life, and doing the right thing has become politically incorrect?

Owen Stewart
Owen Stewart

It's not made by a Catholic, though I still hope you will enjoy this spiritual and pure music.

youtube.com/watch?v=d1bBpIdyV0c

Dominic Martinez
Dominic Martinez

Is the world really so far gone that traditional Catholicism, focused around having a healthy family, virtuous life, and doing the right thing has become politically incorrect?
In many ways, sadly yes. But it's changing I think. Granted, this is purely anecdotal, but I've seen a lot more young people coming to mass lately, and I've been going to mass near the crack of dawn all 22 years I've been alive, so I'd assume that in the later masses there is even more people.

Guess people are finally looking at what secular society brings, and realizing that it hasn't fulfilled that inante human longing for the fulfillment only God can bring.

Aaron Phillips
Aaron Phillips

You're right. My experience is also anecdotal, but I figured I'd share.

I was raised by liberal progressive parents, and raised as a militant atheist. But seeing everything around me at my school, and in other places, I felt like life had no meaning. I was missing something, and no one else around me seemed to care about what they were missing. Eventually this pushed me to starting to go to Mass, reading early Catholic books, and eventually converting. Now I'm in university, away from my parents, and a healthy Catholic.

The degeneracy around us is certainly prompting people my age to turn to religion, especially Bill Nye's new show, I would assume.

Levi Baker
Levi Baker

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Asher Sullivan
Asher Sullivan

Are there any good videos or books on proper toe sucking?
There are some Muslims at my uni and I want to make them feel welcomed the Catholic way.

Juan Torres
Juan Torres

i am happy these threads exist, i finally managed to awake for mass this morning, happy Sunday of the Shepherd brothers.

Robert Peterson
Robert Peterson

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Colton Butler
Colton Butler

This is very nice thanks belgian bro i like your country but i have only been to Ypres

Colton Morales
Colton Morales

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=EJxRDhejtwo
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s

user on here recommended Guillaume Dufay last week. Thaks!

Angel Morgan
Angel Morgan

Took my family to mass today, we have enjoyed returning to church after recently moving away from our families and living in a new state.

What is your favorite hymnal? I grew up with Gather and miss it.

Blake Ross
Blake Ross

Thank you, friend!

I've been to England a few times, and Scotland once. Your countryside has some beautiful little chapels, and pic related was amazing to see in person.

Owen Collins
Owen Collins

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Cameron Stewart
Cameron Stewart

Salisbury Cathedral and Christ Church Oxford, those blew me away

Kevin Bell
Kevin Bell

Took my family to mass today, we have enjoyed returning to church after recently moving away from our families and living in a new state.
If I'm understanding this right, does that mean you didn't go to church before you moved?
Not judging, just wondering if I got thst right, and if so what about the move caused you to return to the church.

Jason Rivera
Jason Rivera

A selection of books from my formal theological studies for any fellow Catholics or people curious about Catholicism:

Called to Communion - Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (Sacramental & liturgical theology)
Truth and Tolerance - Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (Ecclesiology / Catholic Identity)
The Meaning of Tradition - Yves Congar (Liturgical Theology / Reform)
The Shape of Catholic Theology - Aidan Nichols (general theology)
The Trinitarian Controversy - William G Rusch (Christology)
A Key to the Doctrine of the Eucharist - Abbot Vonier (Sacramental theology)
An Introduction to the New Testament - Raymond E Brown (Scripture)
The Cambridge Companion to the Gospels - Stephen C Barton (Scripture)
At the Origin of the Christian Claim - Luigi Giussani (Christology)
Early Christian Fathers - Cyril C Richardson (primary sources from the Early Church.

Austin King
Austin King

went to latin mass for the first time today
we were 13 people in total and I was kinda lost the whole time it being in latin and all
it was also 20 minutes longer, which I didn't expect

Angel Mitchell
Angel Mitchell

That's great user.
And frankly, it wouldn't be hard to learn Latin so you could understand the mass. It's easy enough for an English speaker to learn, and I would imagine even easier for someone who's native tounge is a Romance language.

Mason Peterson
Mason Peterson

it was also sung in its entirety

it's definetely a strange sensation to think the 13 of us were the only people in the entire city (barcelona) who listened to latin mass today

Jason Garcia
Jason Garcia

What is wrong with burning the heretics tho? They were asked to convert themselves everytime

Joseph James
Joseph James

Posting here for help because I genuinely don't know where else to ask.

I was raised Catholic, and left the church in my teenage years during an edgy atheist phase. After a lot of reading, soul searching, and contemplation, I am firmly theist again. I studied philosophy in school, familiarized myself with some of the major Catholic thinkers, and fully support the church as an organization and fountain of European culture. HOWEVER. I do not know if I am willing to rejoin the church and attend mass again. After reading and properly studying the Bible and Christian philosophy, it saddens me to think of how intellectually bankrupt my initial exposure to Catholicism was. How could I not become an atheist when I was given a shadow of real faith to work with? I think back to the priests chastising my very working class town for leaving one dollar bills in the collection plate, and hearing gospel readings with zero context and zero relevant homilies. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

So, what do? Bite the bullet and rejoin? Continue to study and appreciate as an outsider? Third option I'm not thinking of? Idk man

Cameron Barnes
Cameron Barnes

What does Ecclesiastes mean to you?

Anthony Gomez
Anthony Gomez

Hello my brothers and sisters.

I went to mass at Saint Patrick's Cathedral in New York City for the first time, and it is by far the most beatiful building I've ever been in. I'm going to the vatican next month and it makes me very excited. The homily was very beatiful about knowing the difference between right and wrong internally. I hope that all of you had an equally nice mass! Take the day to reflect on that little voice that tells you not to sin, and take heed to make it louder than the voice of Satan.

In other news, to blog a little, I go to probably the most liberal university in New York City, and I brought a conservative, qt Christian with me to Church today! She identifies as baptist, but she is baptised and (presumably) confirmed in the church. We had a great time. Is this how I make it bros?

Eli Turner
Eli Turner

Honestly, in many cases there were probably better and more moral answers than burnings.
Like exile and complete isolation from society until one recants there heretical claims. Thst said, the vast majority of executions of heretics were done by overly zealous lay people and leaders, not the church or clergymen.

Kayden Anderson
Kayden Anderson

What school user? NYU? Fellow NYC here, St Patricks is an absolute joy.

Christopher Long
Christopher Long

That is correct. My wife and I were both raised catholic but never participated in church together. Our children are 3 and 1. After moving away from our immediate families returning to church was a way for us to find a new community of people that we could trust and share similar values with.

Also, the degeneracy of the regressive left has shown me the importance of raising my children as Catholic and conservative. This is an issue I was completely ignoring until recently.

Cameron Taylor
Cameron Taylor

youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw

Brayden Barnes
Brayden Barnes

Im down at the Cooper Union NYC bro. Graduate next year, hoping to go to NYU for grad school

Hudson Smith
Hudson Smith

I am a confirmed catholic, and am wondering how to refute liberation theology. Is it not a correct application of christs teachings? I fear for the church being corrupted by this marxist co-opting of the faith.

Michael Gray
Michael Gray

what do my catholic brethren think of eastern orthodoxy? How do we mend the rift in the one holy apostolic Church, the Bride of Christ?

Cameron Davis
Cameron Davis

Wonderful, what are you studying?

Ayden Cooper
Ayden Cooper

Wayward for political reasons, with made up theological reasons following shortly after. It is quite sad, but I don't see them bowing to papal authority anytime soon.

Currently Civil Engineering, but I hope to continue my education in pure mathematics. I am thankful that we have a very well educated classicist professor who has been an absolute joy as well.

Luis Howard
Luis Howard

I have several really great pics of a French Cathedral, Ill see if I can find them

Praying for France

Carson Taylor
Carson Taylor

I have 0 contact with eastern orthodoxy desu lad, I don't really know what the differences between us are, but the whole multipatriarch deal seems a bit cucked, especially with one having seat in a muslim turkey and the other one from the former soviet union

Joseph Richardson
Joseph Richardson

I do not know if I am willing to rejoin the church and attend mass again. After reading and properly studying the Bible and Christian philosophy, it saddens me to think of how intellectually bankrupt my initial exposure to Catholicism was. How could I not become an atheist when I was given a shadow of real faith to work with? I think back to the priests chastising my very working class town for leaving one dollar bills in the collection plate, and hearing gospel readings with zero context and zero relevant homilies. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Unfortunately, that is one of the biggest issues with many Christian institutions today. People are just told to believe but never taught the why, just the what. This is why we see both a rise in atheism and so many people who remain faithful being zealous and angry at any rejection of the Faith. People don't know why they belive what they believe, so they either abandon it at the first challenge to their faith, or become so stubborn and zealous they never want to know the why, and end up making fools of themselves. Having gone through a Diocesan grade/middle school, a jesuit College prep school and now studying at ND, I look back on how religion is taught at the k-12 level, and I think it needs a whole lot of changes.

That said, the Church is still the truth. While some of the people who make it up may fail (as to be expected, even the apostles weren't perfect), that doesn't mean you should abandon it. Rather, you should embrace it and rejoin it, and seek to change those issues within it, working to make it better. You clearly have the knowledge and will to do it, perhaps that is why God has given you those gifts: to go and set the world on fire as Saint Ignatius said, to work to change those very real issues of the church.

Cameron Rodriguez
Cameron Rodriguez

Go back, the practice of being present at Church with people who will not share the exact interpretation of your beliefs is good for the health and growth of your spirit and your community. I get the impression that you will enjoy participating.

If you feel called, you can eventually provide some leadership about the issues that concern you with the people that matter most, your fellow parishioners.

James Bell
James Bell

teenage years during an edgy atheist phase
But as a le refined 20 year old with a P E N C H A N T for the lamb i'm rdy for hiz graces xD. You are a heretic.

Adam Price
Adam Price

throwing stones

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

Wish we would end schism soon but that ain't happening, not until older clergy, both from our and your side die off.
Plus I kinda grow up with EOC. Feast of Saint Anthony every Summer in near EOC parish is big cultural festival in a shitohle where I live.

Blake Garcia
Blake Garcia

Jesus was talking about illegals going over the border today

Adam James
Adam James

Not 20, far from it, and technically I'm an apostate, not a heretic. At least get your terminology right my dude.

people don't know why they believe what they believe
This exactly. What you are saying is encouraging though, thank you.

Thank you for your response

Michael Lopez
Michael Lopez

What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?
I know he has described himself as Christian, but has he ever specified whether or not he thinks the resurrection was an actual event or merely symbolic?

Landon Phillips
Landon Phillips

Gee user, that sure sounds like a Christian message.
It's not like even Peter denied Christ three times, that Paul started out as a persecutor of the church or that many of the saints were originally very amoral people

Benedict XVI's Liberation Theology: Preliminary Notes is a good place to start.
In short, while liberation theology does raise some good points, it has an ingrained tendency to end up viewing any and all heirarchies as a form of opressesion, which is highly contrary to Christ's teachings, since He, as God, is King of kings and inhernetly above all others. It also can put emphasis on the poor to the point of ignoring the Church and Christ, which goes against Christ's teachings that "the poor will always be with [us]" and we shouldn't let that get in the way of glorifying God.

Aaron Smith
Aaron Smith

Stone throwing episode was not meant to stop the punishment of whores and to approve of their behaviour, but to point out how right wingers of the time (pharisees) were a bunch of self serving hypocrites who totally missed the point of moses' laws

Adam Torres
Adam Torres

He's not a Christian, he's an atheist that thinks Christianity is a useful political tool. He's actually a gnostic, thinking the whole bible is one big allegory

Lucas Mitchell
Lucas Mitchell

Based. He is an incredible resource for people who need more than a literal interpretation of the Bible.

IMO his point is that it may not matter if the Resurrection is literal or symbolic because the impact on western culture is positive, and we all benefit from that.

William Carter
William Carter

This exactly. What you are saying is encouraging though, thank you.
It's my pleasure. And frankly, that issue can't be solved if people like you who do have understanding aren't in full communion with the Church. Within the Church, one can change it, acting as a teacher or a Priest or a Theologian or a layperson. Outside of the Church all you can do is just observe, since trying to explain to someone why the Church is right can easily be countered with the response "if thst's the case, why aren't you a member?"
I'd recommend reading Augustine's confessions if you haven't already, since he went through a somewhat similar situation.
Either way, God and the Church needs young educated men and women, to call others of our generation back to it, to refute the ills of this secular world created by the Enemy, to serve as Priests, deacons, nuns, laypeople, teachers, etc. God has clearly given you a mind and heart to serve him, is it not wrong to deny the purpose of what God has blessed you with?

Jonathan Rivera
Jonathan Rivera

there's literally "christians" who think jesus did not resurrect?

Kevin Garcia
Kevin Garcia

One of churches near me is under his patronage. It is pleasant that you have literal Deus Vult written inside.

Austin Parker
Austin Parker

Fucking Gnostics

Jackson Martin
Jackson Martin

Yes, though as you rightly phrased it they're """Christians""".
Frankly, if you accept everything else about the new testament to be true, you're an idiot to deny the resurrection. That creates so many issues, not the least of which is: why the hell did the Apostles go to horrible deaths proclaiming Jesus rose when if He didn't He was just one of thousands of would be messiahs at the time?

Landon Baker
Landon Baker

I am a big fan of Augustine, Confessions and City of God were instrumental in opening me up to God again, especially City of God. Going back kind of scares me to be honest but its been on my mind lately.

Logan Gutierrez
Logan Gutierrez

I didn't go as I'm lazy as fuck since I live less than a ten minute walk from the cathedral.
I haven't been since Holy Week.
Am I going to hell?

Ignore what those other anons are telling you, you don't say all of that shit in the beginning, the priest says all of the stuff about reconciliation.

It's awkward as fuck.
I did confession twice last year and felt incredibly uncomfortable.
I couldn't even confess everything I needed to because I was worried about He priests judgement.
They ask you what prayer you want to say at the end so all is advise you to do is make sure you have a prayer ready.

I blanked and just said the Hail Holy Queen.

Were confession boxes a real thing? If so they need to bring them back.

Evan Garcia
Evan Garcia

No you can't be a Christian if you don't accept the most fundamental Christian teaching.

Ayden Martin
Ayden Martin

All the churches I've been to have private confessionals.

Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin

Today is the third Sunday after Easter.
Cease and desist from the New Calendar.

Pascendi Dominici Gregis
St. Pius X
Let them combat novelties of words, remembering the admonitions of Leo XIII: "It is impossible to approve in Catholic publications a style inspired by unsound novelty which seems to deride the piety of the faithful and dwells on the introduction of a new order of Christian life, on new directions of the Church, on new aspirations of the modern soul, on a new social vocation of the clergy, on a new Christian civilization, and many other things of the same kind."

Adrian Kelly
Adrian Kelly

Going back kind of scares me to be honest but its been on my mind lately.

just do it, lad
I was raised by atheist parents and now I'm trying to find god by myself, I only half know what I'm doing. If I can go to mass every sunday so can you

Nathaniel Young
Nathaniel Young

Going back kind of scares me to be honest but its been on my mind lately.
When ever I feel fear, especially in regards to faith, I find it helpful to listen to this:
youtu.be/wQr4udSiEew
And ask myself this:
Do I not believe in the Eternal and Everliving God? Do I not believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son? Do I not believe that God suffered and died for my sins, and then conquered death? Knowing this to be true, who am I to fear? He has promised to be with me always, and as such I have no reason to fear.

Come home to the Church user. God will be with you, and He will guide you to whatever He has planned for you. I'll pray for him to guide you, to bless you and to keep you now and forever.

Sebastian Powell
Sebastian Powell

So is it an American thing?
Over here you get taken to a room by the priest and he sits opposite you and you have to confess with him bloody looking at you.
It's virtually impossible if you've committed serious sin like me.

Michael Murphy
Michael Murphy

Gnosticism ultimately means whatever the person saying the G word doesn't like I've come to find out.

Monasticism is Gnostic.
Transgenderism is Gnostic.
Hell... having a pastor is Gnostic according to some Orthodox I know.

Wouldn't necessarily identify myself as one most likely. But I spend a lot of time in Christian esoteric streams.

Nathan Turner
Nathan Turner

Transgenderism is Gnostic.
what is this gnosticism? is it an american thing?

Brayden Morgan
Brayden Morgan

It was my understanding that they were in all churches, but it seems I was mistaken. All I can say to you is that if you have an older priest, it's certain that he's heard worse. I definitely understand the feeling though - I had a little bout with cock sucking, and while I have repented internally for it, I haven't been able to confess it to a priest, so I hadn't taken communion.

Question for everyone: our priest did what appeared to be a group confession, and it sounded like he absolved us of our sins as a group. Is this proper? Did I misunderstand? I took communion - did I profane the host?

Levi Johnson
Levi Johnson

more than a literal interpretation of the Bible.

You can't do deeper than a literal interpretation. There's is noting deeper than that which describes actual events. If you reduce the Bible and the resurrection to mere symbols, then you reduce them to mere political tools. Eternal truth is more important than pragmatism. That's the biggest problem I have with Peterson, his philosophy reduces everything to self-help.

Jace Morris
Jace Morris

Gnostics can't accept the divine.

Dominic Sullivan
Dominic Sullivan

It's virtually impossible if you've committed serious sin like me.
What have you done user? I assure you, nothing is to grave for the Lord to forgive, and while a priest may look like he's judging, you should always remember the story of the prodigal son, and it's message that Christ and all of Heaven rejoices when one turns to Him from sin.

That said, confession is most definitely the hardest sacrament to do.

Charles Cruz
Charles Cruz

Abolsutely not.

Gnoscitism is a very specific philosophy and their shilling is very real.

Monasticism is NOT gnostic.
Certain kinds of Ascetiticism are gnostic, because they assume reincarnation, because of this, a strict vegetarian, eastern lifestyle is Demanded of them to ascend to the godhead.

Gnosticism is religious Platonism.
Which teaches that there is one God, that is deistic, (he doesn't care about creation) and in only Thinking about himself, creation does not depend on him in the slightest.

Also Gnosticism holds that creation is wicked, matter. Meaning that it is wrong to have a physical ressurection.

Therefore they believed that Jesus never had a bodily resurrection. he became a floaty Ghost, despite the Gospels recording jesus being touched by Thomas, and eating fish with them.

Henry Jackson
Henry Jackson

Thats the problem user, I believe in God, and I believe in Jesus as teacher, but I have not taken the leap of faith into the whole framework again. I am trying but I am afraid. Kierkegaard has been helping a lot with this situation though.

Jayden Brown
Jayden Brown

Once you understand that religion actually corresponds to a higher reality, you will begin to understand.

canadafreepress.com/article/the-resurrection-of-christ-as-told-by-the-shroud-of-turin
shroudnm.com/docs/SEAM-Shroud-of-Turin-Presentation.pdf

Lincoln Jones
Lincoln Jones

For him it is allegorical and psychological, not plainly literal. Which is gnostic

Sebastian James
Sebastian James

but I have not taken the leap of faith into the whole framework again. I am trying but I am afraid.
Just do it user. It's still Sunday, so you can even go to mass today. Just go, sit in the back and participate as much as you wish. Don't let fear hold you back.
Kierkegaard has been helping a lot with this situation though.
That's good. Kierkegaard is great, too pure for this world

Logan Gray
Logan Gray

Fuck the same boat as you.
Why the fuck is homosexuality so hard to confess?
I think it would be easier to confess murderers than having a man's dick inside you.

Yeah they do group confessions where the priest will reconcile the whole group.

Also I thought you could receive communion as long as you say the penitential prayer at the beginning of Mass.
Is this not the case?
I know my grandmother said in her day you had to confess before you could receive communion every week.

I had a drug problem which I confessed.
What I didn't confess was all the men I had sex with for drugs and money.
Literally hundreds.
I can't bring myself to do it, they'll just be disgusted.

Connor Jackson
Connor Jackson

Your opinion on guitars in church? On one hand it's better than nothing that people want to engage in some church activities, on the other it can get too loud imo

Connor Brooks
Connor Brooks

there it is again!

Jaxson Walker
Jaxson Walker

Just pray. Prayer will get rid of your fears. The Rosary is an especially powerful form of prayer and will sort you out 100%. There's a lot of mess in the Church today, but the Church is still the Body of Christ, the supernatural society of all true believers, where life and grace is found. Once you start receiving the sacraments regularly you will fully understand. God bless you.

Michael Peterson
Michael Peterson

I was baptized but never confirmed. My family used to go to mass when I was younger but we stopped going and my parents wanted to let us choose our own way as we grew up (Dad was raised protestant, wasn't too into church). Over the past few years, the more I see of the world and the more people I interact with, I see the value in the way I was raised and how my mother's Catholic upbringing directly contributed to the morality she's instilled in me.

How do I approach joining the church and learning more about the faith? Am I not allowed in because I was never confirmed?

Jose Adams
Jose Adams

there is a REALLY BIG one of this. Its amazing

Charles Sullivan
Charles Sullivan

I wasn't taught that you had to do confession before communion until recently, I actually read it in the catechism. If you're in a state of grave sin and you take the host you profane it, which is obviously not a good thing.

It's hard to confess because society has taught us that it's a normal thing, and so you feel extra assholish confessing it. But it is mental illness and sin, and so we must. I really think it was born that did it to me, so I've given it up recently, along with masturbation. Haven't busted a nut since before easter.

Good luck though user, perhaps if it makes you feel better, I promise you I will confess it before next week's mass.

Lucas Smith
Lucas Smith

Yes, group confession / absolution is invalid except in extraordinarily rare circumstances (e.g. if the room is on fire and everyone is about to die and there's no opportunity to hear everyone's confession - but even then, it requires you to make an act of contrition, and if you DO survive, you're supposed to go immediately to confession anyway). You should not have received Holy Communion, but the responsibility for that lies more on your priest for deceiving you.

Pray for the courage to go to confession, pray for perfect contrition for your sins. That's what worked for me when I was terrified of going.

Brody Reyes
Brody Reyes

About the Mark of the Beast

If it weren't a physical mark you need to get that person to speak "hail the antichrist and satan" EVERYTIME HE BUYS SOMETHING

Which means it must be a physical mark. "Worship the beast and receives his mark" NOT "receiving the mark BY worshiping the beast."

This means the mark is not spiritual because that spiritual act is denoted by "Worshiping the beast."
So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and harmful and painful sores came upon the people who bore the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

The mark causes a severe allergic reaction. And physical corruption. The worship is spiritual corruption. They are separate.

And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

This verse says "receives". If you did received a mark, but not "receives it"any longer, then you are not cast into the fire. Because the condition is PRESENT TENSE not PAST, because you removed it
from yourself.
Λαμβανει = Receives
Strong's G2983 for meaning and G5719 for tense.

See what Jesus Says on the matter.

Alexander Nguyen
Alexander Nguyen

Sermon on the Mount
If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

This verse is about mystery cults in the ancient world, Deuteronomy also makes note of this, It is saying "I am owned by you". By cutting off the mark you are saying you renouncing your membership.

You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

Cuts were made in lamentation. Tattoos are forbidden because of cults exclusively.

Eleusinian mysteries the Most popular of all cults, and the one that inspired many others.
Foot - Eleusinian mysteries, and many other rituals have sacred "foot paths" they had to walk, usually to water. This means markings on the feet applied in many cults because many had sacred footpaths.

Halade Mystai - Means "To the sea initiates!" A necessary and "sacred" footpath for ritual bathing.
Eyes -Eye tattoos of the cornea have existed well over two thousand years.
Epoptês : "one who has seen," an initiate
Mystês which is the root of MYSTERY: "one who is [whose eyes are] closed," someone to be initiated

"Blessed is he among earthbound men, who has been privileged to see the mysteries."
- Hymn to Demeter 480

Joshua Walker
Joshua Walker

Christianity is centered around freeing people from the obligation to sin. Cults included.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
and recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

Julian Evans
Julian Evans

Then I saw thrones, and on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

This paragraph above shows that those ONLY who did not receive the mark AND DIED during the tribulation will be a part of the 1st resurrection, and become priests in the temple and kings.
ANYONE who goes through the tribulation and survives without the mark presently will live a normal life.
People who take it on the forehead will be the most lunatic people, like people who do body augmentation putting horns on their head, also people who take it in the arm means "obligation" but in the forehead it means "belief". Also people can become saints by their head being CUT OFF for worshiping Jesus Christ.

So those who had the mark in their head can become resurrected if they become martyrs. It is the only way to remove that mark.

Gavin Taylor
Gavin Taylor

Pic related

Something like this may be available during the tribulation or shortly afterwards because of people removing the mark of the beast. God gives mercy and love.

God Bless

Noah Myers
Noah Myers

I wouldn't know if I would say he isn't a Christian, but he seems like he had too much of the Jungian kool-aid. I suspect the reason alt-right types like him is because he allows them to be "Culturally Christian" without forcing them to leave their agnostic comfort zones. It's basically the religious version of "civic nationalism".

Juan Morales
Juan Morales

What I didn't confess was all the men I had sex with for drugs and money.
Literally hundreds.
I can't bring myself to do it, they'll just be disgusted.
That would definitely be hard to confess. However, they won't be "disgusted," esspecially if you explain the entire situation. Priests are very very understanding people, and they only want to help you get closer to Christ.
I assume you're otherwise heterosexual, so I can understand why it would be hard to confess that, but keep in mind from a moral perspective, what you did is no worse than sex outside of marriage or masturbation, argueably even less due to addiction (which can mitigate sins, as you no longer have full ability to choose of your own free will).
Moreover, you have to keep in mind that even if your priest does judge you, which they won't, they can't tell anyone because of the seal of confession, so you have literally nothing to worry about. Go confess your sins user, get that burden off your heart, so that you may better serve the lord. Remember, even saint Peter denied Christ, nobody is perfect, but God will still accept us back.
I'll pray that God may send His spirit upon you, to give you the courage to face this fear, and to bless you, guide you and keep you now and forever.

Brayden Brooks
Brayden Brooks

I am more than sure that today is fourth Sunday OF Easter no matter what calendar do you use anyway.
Also, Church have full sovereignty over its own liturgy.

Jaxson Harris
Jaxson Harris

Post yfw people think you worship Mary and the Saints because you are Catholic also post your confirmation name mines Casimir

Ian Stewart
Ian Stewart

Therese.

Jaxon Murphy
Jaxon Murphy

Francis here. I'm getting my name changed to include it legally.

mfw

Blake Hall
Blake Hall

How do we mend the rift in the one holy apostolic Church
ever heard of Union of Brest? Ruthenians got really mad about this unfortunately

Dylan Edwards
Dylan Edwards

I didn't know that about communion and mortal sin until about a year ago. They never taught in my 12 years at Catholic school. Something is seriously wrong.

Noah White
Noah White

By that logic is their nothing deeper than a literal interpretation of your own life?

Landon Rogers
Landon Rogers

hey would you accept EUROPEAN refugees (dutch french german etc) when things go to shit ? since i have noticed that the western european nations are changing for the worse

Isaiah Morgan
Isaiah Morgan

Hello Wolfshiem! I was wondering where you were. Thank you for the work you do on boards like these. You weren't responsible for this thread, but I feel like you were in a philosophical sense.

Hunter Carter
Hunter Carter

No we don't have to anymore, she's talking about in the 50s and shit.
I think we say the penitential prayer during Mass so we can receive communion. Idk ask your priest.

I think being gay is normal and I have no problem with gay people.
But I literally had sex with hundreds of men so I could get high. The fucking things I've done are impossible to confess in person.

I'll see if there are any churches with confession boxes.

Good luck to you, seriously.

Also if you're actually gay don't feel guilty about it. Nowhere does Jesus say you can't be gay.

Evan Bailey
Evan Bailey

Also I thought you could receive communion as long as you say the penitential prayer at the beginning of Mass.
Is this not the case?

Nope. You have to be absolved in the Sacrament of Reconciliation/Penance (Confession) before you can receive Holy Communion. The reason is that you are only supposed to receive Holy Communion and have a moral certainty that you are in what's called a 'state of grace', i.e. the Holy Spirit is abiding in you. The lack of this state of grace comes from committing what's called 'mortal sin', i.e. a grave sin with full knowledge / consent. Homosexual acts would constitute a mortal sin, therefore you would not be in a state of grace, therefore not prepared to receive Holy Communion.

St. Teresa describes the soul in a state of mortal sin as like a crystal with a black cloth thrown over it so that no light can get in / out of it.

Being in this state is spiritual death; it means that if you died right now, in a state of mortal sin, you would go immediately to hell. In order to go to heaven, you must be in a state of grace, with the Holy Spirit abiding in you, in a state of friendship with God.

I only say this to motivate you to go to confession, for the sake of your soul and your salvation. When your soul is not in a state of grace you are separated from Christ and cannot perform prayer / spiritual actions in the most perfect manner. Basically, you need to confess.

Prayer for the grace of contrition for your sins, and the courage to go to confession. Do not receive Holy Communion until you have confessed. Do not conceal any mortal sin in confession, as that would invalidate the sacrament and constitute another grave sin. Pray to the Blessed Virgin. Look up one of the ancient virgin martyrs like St. Cecilia, Agnes, Lucy, Agatha, Barbara, Anastasia, Philomena, Dorothy, Margaret, etc., and pick one to be your patron in your struggle against unchastity. Pray to them for the grace of repentance and purity. God bless you.

Connor Ward
Connor Ward

Is the pope really liberal or is the media leftwashing him?

Brody Harris
Brody Harris

I don't remember choosing a confirmation name.

David Reyes
David Reyes

Eh, he's certainly not as conservative as I and many other would like, but yes, the media is most definitely twisting his words and lying about much of what he says.

Colton Myers
Colton Myers

Saint Louis of Toulouse
Feastday August 19th
Patron of Valencia
Franciscan Bishop Of Toulouse
Son of Charles II of Anjou King of Naples
related to Saint Louis IX

Saint Louis IX
Feastday August 25
Patron of the French of Monarchy
King of France

Known for protecting French clergy and led the 6th and 7th Crusade.

He was a bro too

Brody Barnes
Brody Barnes

Hi Sup Forums, newly back into the church. I have a question.

I still have a lot of friends who aren't religious or catholic in the slightest. One of them is a witch and she had made me some soap and toiletry supplies but she said she had used some crystal or whatever too. I don't want to bin it because she made a whole lot of effort into making that soap but I don't fee really comfortable using it either.
Then this friend of mine wanted to go to a kind of degenerate party. I had said yes to it months ago so I felt obliged to go and sit in the middle of gay men grinding up to each other waiting till we could go home.
How do you deal with this sort of "carry over"? Like both those people are good friends and I like them a lot, but what do?

Luke Rivera
Luke Rivera

Thank you, user. That means a lot.

Jeremiah Sullivan
Jeremiah Sullivan

Evangelize by living.

Aiden Thomas
Aiden Thomas

Thank you so much you have no idea how much that has helped.
I haven't looked at it like that before, the sex outside of marriage and stuff.

.... is masturbation really a sin? You have to confess masturbation?
Father did ask me if my confession was about sins of the flesh.... it's like he knew.

Drug addiction can mitigate sins? Isn't drug addiction a sin?

Henry Lopez
Henry Lopez

Joseph reporting in
mfw people still belive proddie propaganda like "Catholics worship the saints" "Catholics are pagans" "Catholics are cucks" "Catholics had the crusades and inquistion kill 50 gorrilion proddies, jews and muslims" or "Catholics hate science, they caused the dark ages, destroyed all scientific knowledge and killed people like Galileo"

Adam White
Adam White

Serioulsy?
He's a literal Gnostic Atheist

He doesn't even believe in God, and LITERALLY everything in the bible isnt even remotely true.

n the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

HOWS THAT FOR MUH LOGOS

Colton Mitchell
Colton Mitchell

I think it would be easier to confess murderers than having a man's dick inside you.

I struggle with this same issue, I don't know if it makes a difference but I didn't even fucking enjoy it, yet it feels the heaviest of my sins.

I have never confessed, once I do I imagine it's going to take a long time, and I won't want to see that priest ever again lol

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

St. Louis IX is my confirmation saint. I chose him bc my grandfather's name was Louis, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that he 1) was a legal reformer who introduced the "presumption of innocence" and 2) was martyred fighting saracens on crusade

I will ask him to pray for France today

Nolan Miller
Nolan Miller

Thanks for your reply but that doesnt really answer my question.

Anthony Hughes
Anthony Hughes

One of them is a witch
How do we stop these LARPers?
This stuff is nonsense

Ryder Sullivan
Ryder Sullivan

Confirmation names are basically taking the name of a saint you want to emulate or really just think their name is cool, so if you cant remember yours choose a new one don't change it every week on a whim but prayerfully consider one read a book or website on saints and see if any stand out

Jonathan Rivera
Jonathan Rivera

I think some part of masturbation is just due to not getting married and having a wife and children.
If you can't stop yourself from masturbating try to do it from imagination I guess, adding porn into the mix makes it worse.

Jonathan King
Jonathan King

Also because you seem to know a lot, what about things you did as a child?
In regards to sex.
I had sex with the organist and the choir teacher at my school. I didn't want to do it and it's fucked with my head since but is that something you have to confess too?
I really can't talk to people face to face about it but I don't think it's fair that I go to hell for something I couldn't help.

Landon Reyes
Landon Reyes

It's not, there's such a thing as malevolent entities out there, and the world is more complex than the eye can see. People want to have control over their own lives like mad and call to the supernatural to do that. I'm not going to say it never works.

Luke Cooper
Luke Cooper

You can do a confession behind a screen if you dont want to show your face

Zachary Campbell
Zachary Campbell

Get rid of the rubbish she gave you no matter how nice a sentiment it was. Try to separate yourself from them as much as possible. Don't be unfriendly, just move on from them as much as you possibly can.

Try your best to make friends with other Christians. Pray over this.

Who you hang around with has a great effect on you, and all the saints that speak on this matter stress the importance of separating from worldly friends and having friends that will improve you spiritually, rather than tempt you. This is especially important for someone recently converted. It may be difficult, but pray and you will be fine.

Liam King
Liam King

You were coerced, the sin is on them, not you.

Grayson Hernandez
Grayson Hernandez

Grave sins require that you realize their gravity. So if you were a child and you were pressured into doing something you didn't understand, then that mitigates the gravity of the sin. And yes masturbation is "gravely disordered." I will try to find it in the catechism for you.

Logan Martin
Logan Martin

Black magic is real, and it gets its powers from demons.

I used to be involved in the occult and it ruined my life. It was a very dark time for me. It's part of the reason I'm going towards Christ.

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

If the Resurrection happened, than it tells us there is a higher spiritual reality, and a grand universal order.

If it's just a symbol, it's just a symbol.

Josiah Long
Josiah Long

Read on from 2348 for good information on sexual acts.

I am also trying to locate where it describes the gravity of sin for you, user.

Joshua Hughes
Joshua Hughes

Pic related is my response to the "muh dark ages!"

Aaron Moore
Aaron Moore

vatican.va/archive/

ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm

mfw I have no face

Christian Gray
Christian Gray

Thank you and also to everyone else who I spoke to in this thread. Going to work now. Have a good day.

Henry Morris
Henry Morris

i used to be involved in the occult
yeah me too

funnily enough it's the whole pizzagate demon scandal with hillary clinton that sort of shook me up. The rich and powerful play with that shit non stop, and I don't know why that acted like a wake up call. I never practiced black magic, I was into herbal stuff (as long as you don't mix all sorts of gods and fairies into it I guess it's just natural health stuff), not so much rituals.

Dylan Garcia
Dylan Garcia

I'm almost certain I didn't choose one when i was confirmed. I looked at my confirmation certificate and did not see it.

Charles Jones
Charles Jones

my face when speaking to dissenters and have Catholicism called Pagan, Jewish, and Satanic at the same time by three different people who are seemingly oblivious to one another

Isaac Campbell
Isaac Campbell

Like I said, the most important thing for you to do is pray. Unless you pray, you will not understand the gravity of your sins, you will not have true sorrow for your sins, and you will not have the courage to confess them. All these will come to you with prayer.

Landon James
Landon James

You're Spanish right?
So you have to confess face to face like in England?
It's brutal it seems a lot of guys here have to confess about something pretty similar.
That other user said he's going to before Mass but idk if I can.
Read what this guy said He speaks the truth

Oh wow... I thought the penitential act meant you could receive communion.
You're English so you must know why don't we have confession boxes?
I can't bring myself to confess those things to a priest to his face.

But you can get married and have kids and still want to masturbate?!?!?

Aaron Foster
Aaron Foster

It doesn't matter if it's a real ressurection, only a symbol.

Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.

If men did not really believe in it plainly, bodily, then they would not have done the good words you see today in churches and art. To the clear the outside you first must clean the inside. What you think is who you are

Andrew Campbell
Andrew Campbell

and then there's this shitposter

Chase Garcia
Chase Garcia

choose one now then brother

Levi Martinez
Levi Martinez

Eesti not yet brushing his teeth, I see.
Communism really did a number to your country. It sucks.

Ryder Price
Ryder Price

So you have to confess face to face like in England?

there's kind of a wooden grating but yeah you can see his face, however I don't know if it's like that everywhere since I've literally never confessed

when I confess, I won't hold anything back though, I want to take the eucharist completely clean

Aaron Williams
Aaron Williams

What if you did understand what you were doing and you still did it?
What if you received things for doing it?
Its not like with girls where they're pinned down and raped.
I knew what was going on and I did things so I could get presents. Surely that is a sin.

So you can't even masturbate and receive communion???? Is masturbation really as bad as sex outside of marriage?

Evan Powell
Evan Powell

Here is the difference between grave and venial sin for the purpose of receiving communion. Perhaps, in the future, this can be placed in the OP. It is very useful information that I think most Catholics are unfortunately unaware of.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1857: For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: "Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent."

Grave matters DO include masturbation (2352) fornication (2353) pornography (2354) prostitution (2355) rape (2356) and homosexuality (2357, 2358). All of these are offences against chastity.

Christian Adams
Christian Adams

Grave matters DO include masturbation (2352) fornication (2353) pornography (2354) prostitution (2355) rape (2356) and homosexuality (2357, 2358). All of these are offences against chastity.

*but are not limited to

Isaac Sanchez
Isaac Sanchez

Reminder for Europe.

If you care about Europe, there is literally nothing better you can do than become a priest. You become the head of a parish that has hundreds, maybe over a thousand attendees a week & at least 1 school.

This is the perfect base from which you can fight marxism & other causes of degeneracy

Brayden Kelly
Brayden Kelly

It's like I've forgotten how to pray though.
Last year I'd pray all day say my rosary at 6am 12pm and 6pm and throughout the day.
I'd talk to God all the time and I'd ask for Mary to pray for me but it's like there's a barrier now.
I haven't been to Mass since Holy Week.
Everything you guys is telling me now really has me worried that I've received communion in disgrace.
I thought the penitential act was there so we could be reconciled!

Andrew Gray
Andrew Gray

Saint Louis of Toulouse.

If it's a Bishop's hat, like on the left, then it's Saint Louis of Toulouse. a Franciscan

If it's a Crown then it's Saint Louis IX King of France.

Both were related to each other.

Zachary Roberts
Zachary Roberts

Please see my post

You did not have full knowledge of the sinful nature of your actions then - I argue as a child, there are very few actions of which you truly understand, let alone sexual acts.

Dylan Long
Dylan Long

sensustraditionis.org/ExaminationConscienceLong.pdf

Cameron Reed
Cameron Reed

.... is masturbation really a sin? You have to confess masturbation?
It is.
Drug addiction can mitigate sins? Isn't drug addiction a sin?
Yes and yes. For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: "Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent." Because of the "deliberate consent" part, things which impare judgement, like inebriation, mental illness or addiction mitigate a sin. It's still a sin, but if you can't fully control your actions, then you can't be held fully responsible. Either way, you still need to confess it.
I had sex with the organist and the choir teacher at my school. I didn't want to do it and it's fucked with my head since but is that something you have to confess too
Well, if you didn't want to, and/or you were young, then that's called rape. If that is the case, then you can't be held responsible for being raped or being asked to have sex under the age of reason, which raises the question, when you say young how young do you mean? But even then, it might be helpful just to talk to a priest about it so they can help you overcome how it's "fucked with your head"
I really can't talk to people face to face about it but I don't think it's fair that I go to hell for something I couldn't help.
I assue you user, a priest will be more than happy to help you. I seriously recommend reading the prodigal son, it may help you better understand Christ's, and thus the Church's view on sinners. I'd be more than happy to post it ITT for you if you like, it's not like it will hurt anyone by it being posted here, quite the opposite in fact.

Connor Green
Connor Green

Was Jack Chick the greatest anti-catholic theologian of the 20th century?

Julian Nguyen
Julian Nguyen

But of course. The ten commandments as brought down by Moses being the most obvious examples!

Cameron Edwards
Cameron Edwards

GO FRANCE

Anthony Reed
Anthony Reed

After converting, or becoming more religious, did you find you masturbated less or even not at all?

Wyatt Sanders
Wyatt Sanders

I write erotic web novels and draw lewd illustrations to make sure my sister can get to university. I did not sin

Robert Powell
Robert Powell

Wher do I get such calendars?

Carson Roberts
Carson Roberts

Good luck :/

Oh wow. I did not know that.
So I can't receive communion until I confess.
Thank you.
Now I feel worse though.

Noah Barnes
Noah Barnes

Oh wow... I thought the penitential act meant you could receive communion.
You're English so you must know why don't we have confession boxes?

We do have confession boxes, at least in some churches. Look around for a church that has them. The removal of confessionals is a very recent thing - it's happened in America as well, not just the UK. More important than a confession box, is a good confessor - a priest that you will be comfortable confessing to, and who will give you good counsel. Priests tend not to be judgemental. They are there to forgive you and heal you, not embarrass you or break you. Being scared of going to confession because of the gravity of your sin, is like being scared of going to the doctor because of the gravity of your illness - the more sin you have committed, the more you should want to go to confession. Confession will take all the burden of sin from your soul. In confession, the priests acts IN THE PERSON OF CHRIST, he represents Christ, and when he absolves you, it's the Precious Blood of Christ that wipes away your sin. You become wholly clean in God's eyes, and return to spiritual friendship with Him, just like you were when you were baptised. PRAY to God to lead you to make a good confession. Your fears will be destroyed by the grace of God through prayer.
Pray to this saint, St. Philomena. She has helped me with purity especially. She was killed while protecting her virginity.
Pray also to St. Mary Magdalene. She is the patroness of all penitent souls; she lived an immoral and impure life, and became pure in an instant through tears of repentance.
Pray and the Holy Spirit will come to you and bring you peace.

ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/philomena.htm
ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/mag.htm

Connor Miller
Connor Miller

peddles pornography
not sin

pick one

Jayden Richardson
Jayden Richardson

Less. Gradually, as you work at it, not at all.

Landon Bennett
Landon Bennett

catholics
pfffhahahaha

Xavier Williams
Xavier Williams

I have heard a call to serve the church since i was a boy. I hope to one day serve as a deacon. I must however first continue to grow close to Christ before I can do that in full faith.

Isaiah Rodriguez
Isaiah Rodriguez

Who here /St. George/

Cooper Bailey
Cooper Bailey

I make and sell immoral things to help people
so it isn't bad

Luis Richardson
Luis Richardson

Saw a lecture on this. Try changing up the way in which you pray. Have you tried just sitting with God in silence? Not saying any words in your head but trying to really feel him?

Charles Evans
Charles Evans

You tell me chick.com/reading/tracts/1000/1000_01.asp

Nicholas Clark
Nicholas Clark

You feel guilt and sorrow for your sins that is good and oushes you to go to confession you will feel much better once you go:)

Daniel Brooks
Daniel Brooks

I have no other choice. My parents are dead and my sister needs to get into university. Since I took arts in uni, this is the only thing I can do

Jonathan Bennett
Jonathan Bennett

How do you deal with this sort of "carry over"? Like both those people are good friends and I like them a lot, but what do?
Minister to them, through your words actions and deeds. Do you know why they aren't Catholics? Any particular beliefs they hold that keeps them from becoming one, and why?

Josiah Mitchell
Josiah Mitchell

Pay denbts

Jaxon King
Jaxon King

Unfortunately user, if you read it literally it would appear that if you didn't understand the gravity of masturbation's sinfullness, it would not be a mortal sin. However, now that you know... well, you can't forget can you. I would apologize if I didn't think it would help you.

Connor Robinson
Connor Robinson

The penitential act cleanses venial sins, but not mortal sins. Mortal sins require the Sacrament of Reconciliation / Confession.

Build up prayer bit by bit. Go to Mass but do not receive Holy Communion. Just pray there and ask Our Lord for the grace to repent and give your life to Him. If you can just start saying the Our Father and Hail Mary every morning / night, it's a good start.

Say this prayer every day if you can as well:

I CONFESS to almighty God, to blessed Mary ever Virgin, to blessed Michael the Archangel, to blessed John the Baptist, to the holy apostles Peter and Paul, and to all the saints that I have sinned exceedingly in thought, word, and deed, through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault. Therefore, I beseech blessed Mary ever Virgin, blessed Michael the Archangel, blessed John the Baptist, the holy apostles Peter and Paul, and all the saints, to pray for me to the Lord our God. Amen.

Blake Lopez
Blake Lopez

You have less culpability but still are sinning

Easton Morris
Easton Morris

DEUS VULT FRANCE

Oliver Phillips
Oliver Phillips

witch friend: is a lesbian

degenerate friend: has open relationships and thinks monogamy is bad for him

Gee I wonder why they're not into it. Both are lovely people aside from that though.

Aiden Martinez
Aiden Martinez

I cannot do any other. Every night I pray for forgiveness after finishing up each commission

What should I do then?

Angel Rivera
Angel Rivera

The road to hell is paved with good intentions user.
If you are a good artist, then find a way to both glorify God with the gifts He has given, and be able to held your sister have a better life by going through uni.
For what does it benefit you to work to give her the gift of education, while damning yourself to hell? What good can come from that, to be seperated from her for all eternity, because you let the enemy mislead you? Or worse, you lead her to damnation as well through such sinful acts? And what of all those you aide by giving them the means to sin?
Turn away from such sins, and trust in the Lord, and He shall help you. It's not like there isn't any money to be made in soing art for, say the Church? Many of the great masters did such, and those works number amongst the finest art ever made by man!

Gavin Ramirez
Gavin Ramirez

Many of my friends are similar user. I do my best to convince them of the truth of God, and I think you should do the same. Just explain the truth a little at a time, and eventually everyone will see it.

Juan Brown
Juan Brown

my sister needs to get into university

fuck off, she's probably doing a meme degree anyway, and I know plenty of people who are working part time and paying for their studies, if it can be done in my shitty corrupt, 20% unemployed country your sister can too in england.

just don't lie to yourself user, you don't do it out of necessity

Zachary Young
Zachary Young

Yes, what he said

Confess your sin. Do penance. Pray to God for the opportunity to use your skill in a non-sinful way. You will be rewarded.

Jacob Richardson
Jacob Richardson

Find different job. Or just don't send sister to university, it's full of degeneracy anyway.

Kayden Perry
Kayden Perry

I feel like shit,at least I can turn to god in times of need

Jace Miller
Jace Miller

Yeah I see masturbation is a sin now. I don't do it that much but I do it's
How do you guys fight the urge to masturbate? Are you just married and have sex with your wives when you get horny?

So basically you have to confess everything you've done sexual that's outside of marriage?

And thank you for the mitigating factors, I didn't know that either. My priest didn't even tell me I didn't have to confess taking drugs.

Okay I'll look for s church with a confessional.
I will go to confession I didn't realise it was so important and so many things were sin.

I'm gonna have to get a new rosary. For me it's the best way to get me into praying.

I did. But I told the psychiatrist I was doing this and he called me psychotic and put me on 20mg olanzapine.

I'm going to confess as soon as I find a church with confessionals.
Thank you

Thanks so much you guys have been really helpful. These things have been in my mind for a long time. I didn't know I shouldn't receive communion either.

This has been the most help I've gotten about my faith in a long time.

Wyatt Davis
Wyatt Davis

I see. Well, all mankind has the inate desire for God. Do not abandon them because they sin. Rather, live a life in service to God, that they might see the fulfillment He brings, and through your acts they may be called to Him. Also, read up on some Catholic Theology like natural law, so that when the opportunity arises, you might teach them about how much better their lives can be in service to the lord.
Also, the book of Ecclesiastes might be a good thing to recomend for your "degenerate friend."

Luke James
Luke James

I'll get a rosary and start praying on it. I find it hard to get into prayer without a Rosary.

That's the penitential prayer you say at Mass but with more angels and saints.
Thanks I will.

Hunter Nguyen
Hunter Nguyen

I have been praying to avoid masturbation. It seems memey, but not a lot of things get your dick soft like praying to the Holy Father.

And you're quite welcome for the help. I have only in the past few months truly feel like I've begun to understand my faith, and it makes me very happy to help others!

Aiden Flores
Aiden Flores

Why don't they tell you in church what mortal sins are?!?!?
Do they teach you in catholic schools?

Henry Robinson
Henry Robinson

See

Unfortunately, the Catholic Education system is in need of some major reforms, especially in how if reaches theology.

Joshua Sullivan
Joshua Sullivan

Were here for you brother:) Venial sins are healed at mass mortal sins are not, if you check your conscience and dont have any mortal sins on your soul(masterbation doesnt count since you were not aware that it was grave matter) then you can receive communion but still try to do confession asap

Luke Clark
Luke Clark

Your sister is more important than the church. If you ever get in need, the church isn't going to do anything for you.
Family is family.

Catholic church supports globalism and thus supported macron

Lincoln Watson
Lincoln Watson

Same here. Can confirm stopped masturbation completely, mastered or better understood how my Lust was controlling my life and that I wanted pleasure but no responsibility. Plus sex becomes more and more uninportant for me.

Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson

Your helping of some people through this method hurts yourself and others so something different on your end may be good. I will not try to argue for a different profession but at least appealing to new and different audiences through different work.

On the flip side, your sister is putting you in a position for poor moral care. Perhaps she should find some money part-time to sustain herself.

This is a difficult situation as finances are in the mix but is very right.

Ryan Williams
Ryan Williams

I can't. This is all I can do. My portfolio isn't great to be employed in typical graphic design studios since it's all anime and they hate it for some reason.

She wants to get into Economics. Is that meme?

Brody Murphy
Brody Murphy

Does FSSP do the traditional latin Baptism and Confirmation?

I ask because the novus ordo don't include the exorcisms that the latin rites have in the baptism. And SSPX says the confirmation is invalid and they literally will rebaptise/confirm you if you take communion from them.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this for a beginner. I just want to get it right the first time, for my soul.

David Wilson
David Wilson

stopped masturbation completely
what about wet dreams?

Juan Baker
Juan Baker

How typical, Gnostic Atheism is "Christian" and "based" and yet Traditional Catholicism, pre vatical II is just "Globalism"

Heretic

Oliver Ward
Oliver Ward

To a degree they do - the ten commandments are grave matters - but there is a serious problem currently going on if they don't tell you the necessary attributes of mortal sin outside of that.

Levi Foster
Levi Foster

Jesus is a false Jewish messiah.

Matthew Rogers
Matthew Rogers

Can I be catholic and still take estrogen and get my dick inverted?

Ethan Wright
Ethan Wright

hail lucifer

Jacob Sanchez
Jacob Sanchez

See it's the people as well God that means no matter what I will never lose my faith.
We're on pol and you guys have been really kind and smart and informative and so helpful.

I've learned more in this thread about communion and why I need to confess than I did when I was getting ready to take first communion!
It's crazy.

Oh okay. Yeah they don't really teach you all of this.
I mean maybe they don't have to since we know what's wrong and what's right instinctively. But I didn't know masturbation was a grave sin.

Adrian Scott
Adrian Scott

They don't.I know, I went to a Catholic school k-12. We never read the catechism or anything like that.

Alexander Nelson
Alexander Nelson

No you sick man.

Austin Flores
Austin Flores

Deuteronomy 22:5King James Version (KJV)

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Kayden Cruz
Kayden Cruz

On the issue of confession, 2 questions:

1: If you have unrepented mortal sins, and a bus hits you without time to confess, you will go to hell, but not if you confessed just before? Even if you had intention to confess your sins next sunday?

2: The sins you have forgotten about will also be absolved in confession, but what if you remember them at a later date? do they get "unabsolved"?

don't you have public university in bongistan?
does she know you'll pay her degree with porn money?

Isaac Bennett
Isaac Bennett

Well I can stop wearing men's clothes then if it's such a big deal

Elijah James
Elijah James

So what did you learn?

self-taught reporting in

Blake Howard
Blake Howard

simple one:
if God/JC/HS love us so then why does it allow evil to flourish even when it is under its name?
pic very much related

youtube.com/watch?v=UEkJJidVjGU

youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8hefESt7c

Jonathan Garcia
Jonathan Garcia

Society has convinced you that you are healthy brother, when you are sick. If anything else had you wanting to cut bits of you off, people would agree unanimously that you were mentally ill. Please try to find alternative help.

Josiah Smith
Josiah Smith

Very, very rarely though only if I dont have sex for more than two month. I am in my biological prime years, it is difficult from time to time but I have a fiancee and been with her for 8 years now. No casual, meaningless sex for me.

Kevin Perry
Kevin Perry

The pope himself declared to be against frontiers and pro socialism. My opinions is based on facts.

Grayson Wood
Grayson Wood

Ad1) Perfect sorrow is equal to confession and can give you grace and forgiveness. But if you can confess, confess.
Ad2)I don't know spanish confession but in Poland we say "I do not remember any more sins" at end of "listing" of sins.
Those sins are forgiven, but you should say them next time for adequate penance.

Jason Flores
Jason Flores

It doesn't say anything in the bible about that though

Daniel Sanchez
Daniel Sanchez

My portfolio isn't great to be employed in typical graphic design studios since it's all anime and they hate it for some reason.
Well, last I checked a portfolio isn't a constant, unchanging thing.
Go and make a portfolio that will appeal to studios, and in the interim maybe try and find other jobs that can accomplish the same goal without the sin.

Kayden Reed
Kayden Reed

The pope himself declared to be against frontiers

Nothing particularly surprising

and pro socialism

This is not true

Mason Walker
Mason Walker

thanks polebro

Colton Thompson
Colton Thompson

I have not heard this concept of "perfect sorry" polanon. Can you explain further, or direct me to the appropriate scripture or catechism?

Not everything has a religious basis. Common sense rules here.

Colton Cook
Colton Cook

get those a lot, well, it's dreams. You can't control them in the slightest, unless you can lucid dream but I can't.

Asher Johnson
Asher Johnson

No, you need help, like therapy to overcome those desires.

May I ask what causes you to want to become a woman?

Ayden Morgan
Ayden Morgan

I think this is French, Can't remember

Noah Smith
Noah Smith

That's a simple answer: God is not responsible or the cause of evil, man is. All evil in the world is the acts of mankind, not God.

Hudson Bennett
Hudson Bennett

How many Catholic anons are Distributists?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit