HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/27/silicon-aa-cost-of-living-crisis-has-americas-highest-paid-feeling-poor
cnbc.com/2017/03/03/facebook-engineers-struggling-with-rents-ask-mark-zuckerberg-for-help.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/27/silicon-aa-cost-of-living-crisis-has-americas-highest-paid-feeling-poor

>“I didn’t become a software engineer to be trying to make ends meet,” said a Twitter employee in his early 40s who earns a base salary of $160,000. It is, he added, a “pretty bad” income for raising a family in the Bay Area.

>“We make over $1m between us, but we can’t afford a house,” said a woman in her 50s who works in digital marketing for a major telecoms corporation, while her partner works as an engineer at a digital media company. “This is part of where the American dream is not working out here.”

>Another tech worker feeling excluded from the real estate market was 41-year-old Michael, who works at a networking firm in Silicon Valley and last year earned $700,000. Sick of his 22-mile commute to work, which can sometimes take up to two and half hours, he explored buying a property nearer work. Although he said his salary means he can afford to live a decent life, he finds the cost of living, combined with the terrible commute, unpalatable.

cnbc.com/2017/03/03/facebook-engineers-struggling-with-rents-ask-mark-zuckerberg-for-help.html

>In 2015, according to SmartAsset.com, the cost of living there was "62.6% higher than the U.S. average." In 2016, the same site found that you'd need to make at least $216,129 a year to afford the rent on an average two-bedroom apartment.

>The article recounts the frustrations of tech workers making between $100,000 and $700,000 a year and yet finding themselves rent-burdened, unable to save and commuting for hours each day. In one colorful example, an Apple employee lived until recently in a garage in Santa Cruz, using a bucket as a toilet.

don't worry, best korea will turn silicon valley into silicon crater soon.

Trumps gonna win next election with his tax cuts..

Why are software developers forced to move to Silicon Valley instead of facebook simply building more easily accessible locations across the country? They have more than enough money. Same with google, why are they forcing all their employee to move to the location of their headquarters instead of opening multiple locations?

Software is one of the most flexible commodities in existence, you can develop software from your own home, it makes no sense to do this.

It's so that all the whites will leave the jobs voluntarily and they can replace them wit Pajeets who will not complain about living in a 9x12 ft apartment with a loo bucket, while being paid less than half of their white counterparts.

why do people that work with computers have to work together? I mean you have internet don't you?

>make hundreds of thousands of dollars
>complain

what a bunch of whiny bitches

And they wonder why half of these companies are slowly moving to Texas

>Why are software developers forced to move to Silicon Valley

Because they want slaves. It's kinda like pic related.

it doesn't covers the costs of living, they may as well earn more in a cheaper place.

It's not that their "Forced" it is just that their is a pressure of them to move to silicon valley.

It's like how the social pressure to buy a house helped to cause the 2008 housing crisis as people who couldn't afford to where just getting houses

>Why are software developers forced to move to Silicon Valley instead of facebook simply building more easily accessible locations across the country?

BECAUSE THE RICH FIRST INVESTED IN SILICON VALLEY HOUSING NOW THEY'RE GETTING THEIR MONEY BACK MANYFOLD BY FORCING THEIR SLAVES TO BUY THEM

Modern slavery 101

Of course it's forced, you have to work out of their offices, no negotiations.

My wife and I make ~60k in "flyover land". We own our home, have new cars, have a child, I'm paying for college, and we still have enough left over for a decent savings.

I don't get how people don't just move.

Now Texas is entrenching on the "technological center" title more programmers are realizing that they don't have to go and waste 5 billion dollars to live in California.

Ask yourself, why is it now that the normies are learning about the slave conditions in SV when before they were told it was a wonderland?

There are other tech hubs across the country but none of them have the critical mass of Silicon Valley. Tech firms hate developing talent in-house so they want to be other tech firms who they can poach employees from. Since it happens to them too, it makes them even more reluctant to develop talent internally. This leads to a situation where the only way to hire enough engineers is to cluster tech companies together.

Silicon Valley exists as the primary tech hub for several other reason, some historic, some structural. But none of them are impossible to overcome. Most tech companies do have development centers in other parts of the country. I'm in metro Atlanta and have worked for Yahoo (back when they weren't a joke) and Microsoft. Google used to have a software development office here too but I think they switched to only doing business development now.

Eventually someone is going to get a leg up on Silicon Valley in another area and the whole Bay Area bubble will pop. Denver and Salt Lake City but have big tech scenes, as do Austin and Boston.

>Ask yourself, why is it now that the normies are learning about the slave conditions in SV when before they were told it was a wonderland?

They were been told that IPO will make them millionaires.

>work for us-based company with office in sweden
>company owns hundreds of apartments in mountain view and palo alto
>mfw offered a flat that had less rent than i pay here in sweden

So.....get a job somewhere else?

>Ask yourself, why is it now that the normies are learning about the slave conditions in SV when before they were told it was a wonderland?

silicon valley has been a mess for years if you have bothered to do any research at all what so ever

They hate most of America and can't imagine living anywhere else but San Francisco or whatever.

Like these people in the article could try working most anywhere else on the US and have a mansion to live in, yet choose to spend the majority of their income on housing in the Bay Area.

That is why i said "normies", normal people have been thinking forr YEARS that SV is a wonderland of rich and intelligent when it has just been a slave plantation but with computers

tax, cost of living, payments
its not easy as you think

are you working for EA ?
since they exported most of their jobs in sweden.
is it true you have less taxes on that kind of society when you do that ?

>software companies
>no telecommuting

Zuckerjew already admitted moving to California was a mistake.

I think it's just monkey see monkey do, nothing else.

How many refugee cocks did you have to suck for the flat?

Are you working for this guy?

>normal people have been thinking forr YEARS that SV is a wonderland of rich and intelligent when it has just been a slave plantation but with computers

Literally only people for whom it matters not at all because they NEVER googled about it over past decade

ie. for irrelevant people

not a very sound basis for argument

Pic is part of Microsoft's campus in Fargo, North Dakota. The cost of living in Fargo is pretty low... unless you're in love with having fresh vegetables in the dead of winter. If you're a meat and potatoes kind of guy, you'll do well there. The pay isn't as high as in Seattle but when adjusted for the cost of living, you come out better in Fargo than in Seattle. Point isn't that you should move to Fargo but rather that tech companies can and do develop software in places other the Seattle and the Bay Area.

major in computer science! there are tons of jo-

Most tech companies across the globe are run by people who are actually VERY inexperienced in just about every other area who is not their tech. These people believe in centralizing their work and being close to the employees for "eye-to-eye" collaboration or some bullshit teamwork term like that. They adamantly refuse to have someone else managing their brand names from another place.

These same employers could also claim that the fault here is with the renting prices and they have nothing to do with it (in spite of being able to solve the problem by spreading out their work). link claims these software engineers are in the 1% highest income locally but they are nowhere close to being as wealthy as the people renting these houses. Land owners have always been the leeching well-off class, before and now.

There's also the matter that people have this illusory idea that cities are places where "things happen" and they absolutely have to "be there" to "experience" said things. Consumerism creates a void in these people where they feel left out if they are not engaging in city culture and not making an effort to live in a city full of tech companies "making the future" and all this bullshit. The result is that complainers remain at a minimum: I bet these guys are an exception and most techies feel "proud" or somewhat "compensated" for their struggle by being close to other techies seeing "things happen". It all goes inside quotations and nothing is literally happening obviously.

Someone has to herd all the dozens of non-paid trainees they use for cannonfodder

Nope. Electronics company. Not consumer products, so relatively unheard of, despite being Fortune 500.

>is it true you have less taxes on that kind of society when you do that ?
??? I work in Sweden and pay taxes here.

No need to be mad, my impoverished friend

How cold is there in the winter?

You don't even have to "telecommute".

Just like said: open offices all across the country and let people work wherever they like.
This is what IBM does in my country for example, and many others too (my previous company was just 150 employees but had 3 locations)

Only team members need to meet regularly, restricting individual choice a bit, but that's not so hard if you form said teams based on where people live.

4k rent cost wtf? 60k rent cost a year, kek, you need something like 100k atleast to survive then.

Anyone remember when it was the old big conservative companies everyone hated? remember those? those shitty companies that paid a living wage (one you could raise an entire family on) and paid pensions for retirement ect?

Love the new liberal mega companies...so much better because they wont fire you for faggotry...much better trade off.

Holy fuck, just build your own house you stupid hipster fucks. You have plenty of money.

bubble coming up sooner or later.

100k in california is $68,014 after tax

>Let's give them free healthcare too and make the American people foot the bill
WOW IT'S ALMOST LIKE THIS WAS PREDICTABLE 20 YEARS OUT

no , i mean is it true that if you move something like a game studio in sweden and hire swedish employees instead of doing it in America , is it cheaper and do you pay less taxes than in america ?
i'm saying that because there was a trend of using swedish developers since years now.
EA's biggest studio is DICE and most of them are located in sweden and EA being the greedy fucks they are , there's no way they wouldn't do it for a reason.

They have high wages but don't keep any of it. Honestly I would take the job there but find another later in life when starting a family

I live in Silicon Valley, but I was born in the Bay Area and raised here. This place is my home, and I'm doing something I love at a video game company, which means more to me than my salary. Unfortunately, that also means I love in a 14x12 studio an hour away from work. But I can afford to be a stupid, young idealist and buy nice things of I want to.

It's not an awful place to live if you're single, but I don't know how anyone can raise a family here.

In addition, in always looking and applying to jobs at other video game companies in other states just to see if anything comes up. So far, no luck, but in hoping something in San Diego or Texas pops up.

>You mean I can't have been steak dinners 6 cars and move closer to work
Fuck it
2.5 hour commute for me xdxdcdcd

>This place is my home
Gay.

>I'm doing something I love at a video game company
Grown ups don't play video games.

Moving itself is expensive.

You're Brazilian, your entire country is gay.

youll have a month or two of 10 degree to negative temps with a solid 30 mph wind...total hell especially if your from a warmer climate...freedom measurements btw

I don't "get" silicon valley

There is no need to all bunch in 1 place, you'd think they would know of web cams and emails

pic source ?

you would know wouldn't you, cuck shed dweller.

>swede
>commenting on how U.S. works generally across 50 states

So basically they are complety fucked and lives like us eastern europeans, i mean i drive 2009 audi a3 quattro with basically everything 200bhp, have my own flat and basically pay something like 150euro a month for my flat expensive, i get food at my moms and literally all i do is sit at home after work and play games and watch movies or go drinking. Literally there lives sound worse than mine.

Lmao.

He doesn't know about The homeless millionaire class.

Pretty cold but that's ok for white people. Those with darker skin might not be very happy. But it's not the only place where tech companies do software development outside of the west coast. I mentioned Fargo because it's the last place you'd think a tech company would do software development but they do and so could other locations around the country.

>t. appalachia

That's what fucking happens when you populate and entire region with higher paying jobs.

When everyone makes 150k a year, no one does. And the people stuck making a solid 75k a year are left out in the cold when they can't even afford a fucking studio apartment.

>live in the US
>cant understand basic shit about your country
epic

ITT: butthurt rural and suburban retards

how are they butthurt ?
even a middle class rural and subhuman retard earns more than a Silicon Valley cuck.

I'd say it's more to do with Bay Area being one of the few metro places that isn't filled with niggers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA indeed my friend

Damn that's absurd.

>There's also the matter that people have this illusory idea that cities are places where "things happen" and they absolutely have to "be there" to "experience" said things
As someone who has lived in a good city very briefly ( Darmstadt, Germany. Not German btw. ), no. We know exactly why they want to be in cities. It is because THERE IS STUFF TO DO without having to drive for 30 minutes.
You "city sux" people severely underestimate the value of being able to just WALK around and wander and find interesting stuff to do and places to visit. Unlike in suburbs and rural areas where you have to plan and research shit to do because nothing is in walking distance and there is no public transportation.

I make 120k base salary in the bay area. I live in a 1 room converted garage with a bathroom I have to walk outside to get to. I drive a 20 year old car with 240k miles on it. Single, no family, no gf. Living here makes you feel poor unless you're REALLY rich.

what should a 26 no degree study to make a living now?

The McDonald's menu

Computer Science

Just don't live in the Bay area, or Manhattan, and your income will be adequate ANYWHERE else.

>24yo software engineer living in Boston making 85k

haha
trades are only 2 years

I just got laid off and it only cost me 1000 bucks to move my family to a new city, with movers loading / unloading and a 26' uhaul. Granted I rented a townhouse so I didn't have to deal with selling my house.

thats just fucking humiliating

just find a job and an apartment anywhere else in america and live like a fucking human being

>Why are you upset manufacturing jobs are moving overseas, Just learn to code!

>you need to live in this ONE CITY in a HUGE COUNTRY to code

ahmed please go

Kek now I don't feel so bad for not applying to Google and getting a slightly lower paying job in a much cheaper area.

want to have a good career ?
learn french , join your countries army , fight for a couple of years in it , be deployed (not in a faggot desk job) , after some years try to apply for the FFL (French Foreign Legion) , you only need to be good and know french , once you're in you'll have the french nationality , fight for them for a couple of years , once you feel like you're ready you can stop , then with that resume you should be able to find a job anywhere in the defense sector , or be a mercenary or a private military contractor if you want.
or you can continue to fight with the FFL , it's dangerous but you will be well payed , you will have retirement money and you will retire young.

spoiler : the FFL is very hard though and don't forget most are ex-commandos.

this, urban life is GOAT in your 20s

You're right in that there are many good aspects to city life. Perhaps I mean it more in the sense that very big cities such as NY cause this dreadening sense of "so much to do" that you feel left out if you DON'T do things. In smaller and medium sized cities it is a mixture of suburban and urban: you have all you want from a walking distance but you are actually WANTING it in the sense that there is no demand to actually go out. Whereas in bay area, manhattan and even over here in our BR slum cities, your place of living is such a cubicle piece of shit that you absolutely HAVE to consume things nearby everyday rather than using it for your convenience only when you want to. It is more like the difference between having a fast food chain near you to eat during the weekend and having to eat there everyday because your 68 roommates won't allow you to ever cook decently for yourself.

The thread about San Francisco last night sparked my interest about real estate costs. In the worst ghettos of SF, a 400sq ft studio apartment was $2400/month. I could barely believe it. It makes me wonder how blacks can afford to live there. I know ghetto blacks don't have jobs at google/fb/twitter, so how the fuck can they afford it? Section 8/HUD?

You want me dead don't you?
I won't get killed defending some areva executives in Chad

in america it's called a physician assistant, not sure how that translates elsewhere. I work 4 hours a day usually cause i'm lazy in a physical therapy clinic, make around 250 bucks and then spend the rest of my free time doing stuff i want to do.

>live at KOA in an RV
>millionaire in one year
Boo hoo, nigga. Nobody told you to buy a 7 series on credit and eat at Ruth's Chris 3 meals a day.

>yes please stay in manufacturing and not adapt so when machines eventually steam roll you out of a job, the devastating impact on society will be 10 fold. Remember goy, manufacturing is a man's job. you don't want to be seen as a woman do you?

If you're not a multimillionaire in silicon valley kys

"A fool and his money are soon parted."
Fucking morons can't manage money for shit.

This.
If they didn't have such high-paying jobs, they would be the poorfags you see in documentaries living in extreme poverty because of their shitty budgeting skills, or lack thereof.

Some people are just meant to be poor. A good job will just delay the inevitable for them.

>you want me dead don't you?

lol why ?
the FFL's job is mainly BTFOing nogs and terrorists in Africa , they use light armors and mortars to advance fast and they rarely die except when they are being very reckless.

>Section 8/HUD?
Yes, when I saw how much bullshit welfare exists in california I just quit my job. Taxes were insane, rent is crazy, health insurance through the roof. I could either work 50 hours a week to barely scrape by, or just move back with my mom and work a part time job getting government benefits while pursuing a passion.

>Leaf believes that EVERY manufacturing job can be done by a machine, and more importantly be done cheaper

there are so many fucking detailed and intricate manufacturing jobs that robots won't be able to do for another 100 years. It's like telling a plumber:

>Dude, like water pipes will all be made out of graphene soon, and like toilets will all be digital, just learn to code

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I like you sven.

These people sound terrible with money

Actually, they finance a nice car, probably a Tesla, and they make 150k and not 100k. They'll basically lose everything come the next recession but at least they lived life to the fullest, or so they think

California is the land of the fruits and nuts.

If you're not a multimillionaire in maced... oh wait

Why are millennials so afraid of getting roommates? wasnt it normal for a young person to move into a reasonably sized apartment with strangers that pay part of the rent? is it autism?

I like you too Jordan

Sort of, but it's more that they need to just take some of that money, invest it and then move the fuck out of Silicon Valley more then anything, because it really is THAT expensive out there, the whole of southern California is like that.

T. Raised in San Diego.

I'm 32 and have lived alone for like 6 years. I couldn't go back to having roommates. Fuck that. It'd be terrible.

Shared kitchen, bathroom and sitting room is normal.

Shared bedroom is just sad.

>tfw you let the globalists in

>tfw only saudi princes can afford to live in your hometown now