Is German a dying language?

I'm learning it but sometimes there doesn't really seem to be a point

Other urls found in this thread:

duolingo.com/comment/8473178/Ob-Wenn-Falls
twitter.com/AnonBabble

German sovereignty is a meme.

The EU is a taxpayer funded LARP.

German will become the official language in the EU in 10-20 years. Most European countries have mandatory German Classes in primary school.

Indeed. Learn Lisp instead.

it's literal sonic feces

>arabic will become the official language in the EU in 10-20 years.

fixed it for you

Mummy

>this post
>coming from the "pay 100 billion or starve"

German is now the most influential language in Europe.

I would say quite the opposite, I've seen the German language become more influential than ever lately

I'm here in Europe now and just spoke it for a few hours last night with some other travelers. Was pretty fun desu, I don't get a lot of chances to use it. They were some of the few Germans I've ever met who don't speak perfect English though. Will you ever need German? No. Is it fun to learn another language? Yes.

I've been trying to learn German but everytime I go to form a sentence I get mindfucked because the structure is completely opposite of English

the Anglo is scared German will soon surpass the English language

Hopefully. English is such a superior language that it deserved to be the only dominant language of the world.

Why bother. Germans are aFraid to speak German because the nazis also spoke german.

That's what any Slavic language speakers go through. Croatian doesn't have a fixed syntax, it's inferred from all the inflections of the words.

>Will you ever need German?
Brainlet who studied humanities detected.

No it's pretty similar honestly. I don't understand how people get so hung up on German, especially English speakers. It was pretty easy for me to learn.

Not scared at all m8, English will remain the lingua franca for a long time.

Also, not a britbong, just a burger on vacation. I'm actually jealous of how multilingual this area is, I feel dumb only speaking one language natively. I learned Spanish in high school, taught myself some German in college, and was teaching myself some Mandarin a few months ago but haven't really kept it up. Languages are dope.

I feel you, I have taken German since 7th grade, all through high school and even a few college courses....Germans never want to talk to you in German, people ask you if your a Nazi for showing any interest in German culture and all the textbooks are full of Turks and currywurst. I just gave up and am focusing on Portuguese to get that Brazilian bussi

I should come over to Germany and breed a bunch of German women. I could spawn a new SS division, I still have the pre-WW2 German seed floating around in my nutsack

Yeah I agree. The main difference is that verbs often go at the end of the sentence, but it's pretty easy to get used to. The harder part is all the modal participles.

No they use pretty much the same structure.

OP is a faggot.
OP ist eine Schwuchtel.

That house over there is green.
Das Haus dort drüben ist grün.

How are these sentences structurally different?
Wie sind diese Sätze strukturell unterschiedlich?

It's called nigdutch now

What do you mean?

LET US HOPE SO.

>studying humanities
>not needing German
Wait, is philosophy a humanity or not?

Zweite Anschluss wann?

From a strictly utilitarian point of view it's pointless to learn it since Germans speak a very decent English anyway (same goes for Dutch and the Scandinavian languages). But you'll have access to some of the greatest literature and philosophy ever produced in Europe. You should learn at least one foreign language anyway if you want to be a true hwhite gentleman. The only foreign language I can speak fluently is English, it's not very original but I'm glad that I learned it, and not just because it's useful. Foreign languages are like psychedelic drugs.

Technical papers are often published only in German.
German engeneering is not only a meme you know.

I meant on a day-to-day basis. Most germans I've met speak fantastic english and won't even let you practice with them. Reading older texts is why I started learning german though, I'd like to be able to read at least 12 languages before I die, even if I can only speak a few of them comfortably.

Germanic language of the white man
Flemish>Afrikaans>Dutch>German

German IS official language in EU.

German is a pretty damn dominant language in Engineering actual humanities like Philosophy. It also represents a good oportunity to create some economic ties with German partners, clients and so on, since they trust farly more someone who is willing to learn their language. But oh well, having been born with everything like that bong, makes people think it´s useless.

Bumping all humanities in the same heap was my mistake, sorry fo that.

Pretty sure that people who study humanities seriously will have to read loads of old German texts.

>Flemish
aka Dutch with a French accent.

For real though, what are the differences? I was in Amsterdam and then Belgium, and on paper it looked exactly the same. The phonology sounded very French influenced to me, got confused for a sec the first time I heard it.

Flemish is the fucking peasants language, none of the Belge Kings ever spoke Flemish except Albert but Albert was a cuck.

Yea but my point beeing that it is still far more relevant and dominat in engeneering and physiks. As far as I am aware German is the second most used language for those two today.

And so speaks the non-country

What will the EU be speaking in 50 years, Arabic or Swahili?

Soon will be the only language in the EU. Along with Arab.

>people ask you if your a Nazi for showing any interest in German culture

who cares

Du kannst Deutsch?

Ja, mine schatzi

Kannst du Deutsch?*

>sometimes there doesn't really seem to be a point
Examples?

We have lots of Points.
At the end of each sentence you use a Point in German.

Nein

people with real life friends...in case you didn't know the real world is still a little uncool with literal nazis

Na ja, nur ein bisschen. Ich lerne gerade es seit ein Jahr. Ich kann jetztz besser lesen, aber mein Schreibe und Rede ist noch nicht gut. Please correct me.

then I don't need to explain to you why I hide my copy of Mein Kampf

You're not even posting valid German

The pronoun is in a different position in English and German

>The fast orange cat

in German would be something like:

>The cat orange fast
And then there would be 30 nouns put together in a single word

Both forms are correct btw

*breaths in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lol no they're not, stop spreading your bastardized version of German

The Media does, the government does, they make fun of our history, or forbid it, but they forget, that its the only reason they are alive today

You're actually retarded?
Are you actually retarded?

>German is now the most influential language in Europe.

either you are lying to yourself or you are delusional or your name is achmed

Du kannst Deutsch?
means you are surprized that the other person is able to speak German.

Kannst du Deutsch? means Are you able to speak German?

Nein, es gibt einen Grund. Falls mag man deutsch lernen, dann sollt er es lernen.

Ok, then they're not the same thing are they? Which is what you originally stated. Maybe you need to work on your English, ok?

soll*

haskell is the language of the future

I understood, but I don't know if it's grammatically correct, keep up the good work, and practice every day.

Also, can any German speaker here explain Ob vs. Falls vs Wenn? It's not very clear to me.

>Be native German speaker.
>Burger says I can not speak German.
Ok

Fuck off spic stay out of Germany you squat piece of shit

oh mb, thanks. I can see how "du kannst Deutsch" sounds more surprised tho, interdasting.

>Kannst du Deutsch?
Simple question without preexisting knowledge
>Du kannst Deutsch?
Question that indicates a surprise.

For example you meed 3rd generation achmed on the streets and he asks you something in proper german the reaction would be "DU KANNST DEUTSCH?!?!"

I said both form are correct.
Not that they are the same.
maybe you should learn to read

Ob = Whether
Falls = If
Wenn = When

>can't admit he was wrong
>just posts some meme about burgers
ha ha ha lol poo poo pee pee ha ha so funny

*forms

So did I use the correct form here?

Dude, he is posting good german there
a bit stilted but ok
The cat orange fast ?
Die katze orange schnell ?
that doesnt make sense
Die Schnelle orange Katze
The Fast Orange Cat
this makes sense

>americans

The German syntax is looser than the English, you can say both.

Du scheinst mir ein garstiger Geselle zu sein.
Ein garstiger Geselle scheinst du mir zu sein.
Both possible, the latter is less common but grammatically just as correct as the former.

Good link here:
duolingo.com/comment/8473178/Ob-Wenn-Falls

Thank you. Hopefully you are doing good with your projects too.

The German here says your German is a bit stilted

How do you say thicc in German?

It will all be decided in the next 8 years.
Whether you'll need to learn German or Goatfucker.

>Most European countries have mandatory German Classes in primary school.
shut up retard

this sounds like a coked up russian hooker trying to speak german through her vagina

You are aware that she was replaced by a lesbian, right?

I am french

>124514802
>the fast orange cat
>die katze orange schnell
you don't even deserve a (You)

Don't you mean turkish and arabic?

saftig

Yes, although "Wenn" is more commonly used in informal language, also the second sentence is grammatically mangled

DICC

>Germany

Lol, I'm going to Switzerland study next year Burger, have fun at your job at McDonald's thought.

Stilted it is, yes. Somewhat, depends what circles you frequent.

>Wenn = When

Then why the fuck you people use it as an ¨if¨ oftenly?

kanker dik

so I could say:

lecken mein lange schwanz

and this would be correct?

>Can´t admit that he is wrong.
Because I wasn´t.
>just posting some meme about burgers
Ok then post the correct translations of my english sentences in the posts above.

fettleibig

Leck meinen langen Schwanz.

yeah i dont want to be rude but that german was horrible
just work on it, it isnt witchcraft
you can do it

>the Dane and the Austrian are telling Germans how to speak German
lol

kek