THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR DISCUSSION THREAD

The Battle of New Orleans has kinda made me wonder. So I came to my Sup Forums bros to to redpill me. What was the American Civil war really about and it's actual causes? I refuse to believe the libtard/nig-nog media when they say it was about 'Much Slavery'. So redpill me on the American civil war.
>Links to reliable unbiased sources would much be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nbFty9nZUac
youtube.com/watch?v=97wfeFPXuZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read Shelby Foote.

>Using the term "redpill"

It was about niggers and the right to have niggers.

Centralization vs decentralization

Or, Agrarianism vs Commerce & Industry

DiLorenzo is based. There are several reasons the war started. Slavery was definitely one of them so don't let anyone tell you otherwise, however Lincoln was not exactly obsessed with freeing slaves. He explicitly threatened to invade the south over tariffs in his first inaugural address. He also enforced the runaway slave act in DC during his administration. Lincoln was basically a proto-new dealer. Marx even sent him props. The war could have been avoided and slavery could have been ended peacefully. He invaded to end the secession movement mainly.

youtube.com/watch?v=nbFty9nZUac

State sovereignty. Slavery was a big issue but the real disagreement was a group of states getting angry at a federal government telling them what to do. This war cemented the federal government as all powerful in our country and went to show that if you tried to leave they would retain you by force.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

It was about whether we were going to have a niggerslave based economy or a debtslave based economy. Obviously we know which side won.

Lincoln was even working on a plan to repatriate free and enslaved blacks back to Africa before he was killed in that theatre.

States rights vs federal rights

It was about money first and foremost, disputes between the states, and slavery

Whatever you say Yankee cocksucker.

>Woman

cotton

There were many causes. For many in the South, it was only about a distant North trying to run them and tell them what to do, and they saw it as a new American Revolution against tyranny. Remember, only the rich 1.8% owned any slaves at all. They had got rich on slavery, but ONLY they got rich on slavery.

There was a lot more to it than JUST slavery and you have to go back generations to track the progression, the hot spots and the ignition. And sitting here today you and I can both imagine how rich elites in both the North and South may have had need for a war in an attempt to gain or hold power.

The north was essentially destorying the southern economy with tarrifs and trying to outlaw slavery (the backbone of their agriculture based economy). The south, instead of letting themselves get fucked in the ass by the federal government, decided to secede. Northerners were actually pretty racist by todays standards but libs like to paint Lincoln as the savior of black people when in reality he literally wanted to send them back to africa.

The South (5 States) legally & peaceably separated themselves from the union. When Lincoln (was a homosexual) raised an army of invasion, the rest of the Southern States then joined the CSA. But muh Ft. Sumter, was then considered occupied on sovereign Southern territory. When the first reinforcement ships arrived, Beauregard opened fire.

low-mid level white trash of the north not able to compete with nigger owners of south laborwise

Here's a shorter video by DiLorenzo youtube.com/watch?v=97wfeFPXuZE

The confederacy was more about states rights and the Union was more about centralized power. Slavery would've ended not long after it did regardless and the war would've happened even if the South freed all their Slaves. The North literally killed to keep them in Union.

The biggest riots in US history took place in NYC because they didn't want to go fight in the war. And As Always, Lincoln was a Homosexual.

Slavery was a big part of it, not because slavery itself was bad but because the South had a huge manufacturing advantage from access to cheap labour. It was this unfair competition that was a main driver of the war. How could the North compete with this? It couldn't, so to war it goes so that it could impose its 'moral belief' and even the playing field of one of the biggest industries America had at its disposal at the time.

You know I am a yankee cock sucker. Cause a real woman pleases her yankee man!! Lol but ya know, I often said I wish I was southern and that they won the war of northern aggression!! It was about the Union not wanted to loose the wealthy South, they lived like kings and queens on those plantations.. I was actually even named after Scarlet O'Hara from GWTW, my Lil sis is named Tara too..

The Northern states dominated the US since its conceptions and treated the Southern states like shit. To make matters worse, the Republicans in the North refused to industrialize the South during the Industrial Revolution and fucked them even more with tariffs on their exports and trade for having slaves but offering no help to help them transition from an agricultural economy to a more industrial one. The Southern states had enough, and they left to make their own thing.

Read Alexander Stephens yourself, I used to think they were just a bunch of memers, but I've changed my mind. These excerpts are from his cornerstone speech.

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition."

"Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics. All fanaticism springs from an aberration of the mind—from a defect in reasoning. It is a species of insanity. One of the most striking characteristics of insanity, in many instances, is forming correct conclusions from fancied or erroneous premises; so with the anti-slavery fanatics. Their conclusions are right if their premises were. They assume that the negro is equal, and hence conclude that he is entitled to equal privileges and rights with the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be logical and just—but their premise being wrong, their whole argument fails. "

Libs say what they will, the Northerners were assholes to the Southerners. Without the CSA, the Dixieland would have been a cesspool of a second-rate nation.

Reminder slavery was organized and forced on us by Jewish merchants bringing in cheap labour to undercut free white working men.

Reminder less than 5% of all whites in the south ever owned slaves.

Reminder over 60% of all Jews in the south owned slaves.

Reminder for every white slave owner they had on average approximately 8 slaves to their name.

Reminder for every Jewish slave owner they owned on average approximately 300 slaves.

Reminder the (((civil war))) was an artificial conflict brought about by Jewish slavers bringing a third rail into the country and using it directly as a means to destabilize the nation.

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO THE ALT RIGHT FUCKBOYS AND THEIR SOON TO BE EXTINCT MONUMENTS

*To the tune of the battle hymn of the Republic*

Get the fuck out of New Orleans
Get the fuck out of New Orleans
Get the fuck out of new Orleans
Cuz you're not welcome here

CUZ YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE!!!!

>Slavery was a big part of it, not because slavery itself was bad but because the South had a huge manufacturing advantage from access to cheap labour.
What kind of drivel is this shit? Slaves were prohibitively expensive. That's why they were pretty much only used on plantations of cash crops that was extremely hard work that required constant maintenance.

Paying someone to do the work is far cheaper than slaves for almost everything.

Katie ?

>Adam Smith

Reminder the British and French governments (whom by this point were entirely beholden to Jewish bankers and their agents) collaborated, financed and were sending all of their fleets to intervene in the Civil War on behalf of the "Confederacy" to institute nation-wide slavery and eventual integration and browning out of white christian america.

Reminder the czar of Russia at the time, Nicolas the First, sent his entire fleet to intercept the British and French fleets and prevent the USA from being destroyed in its infancy and entirely brown'd out a la brazil.

Slaves counted for representation, so slave owners would breed more and more niggers to acquire more representation. Very similar to Democrats today actually, who depend on illegals working for subpar wages and counting in the census for representation.

Housing, Clothing, Food & Medical Care & Leave were more expensive than paying a wage laborer.

If you pay someone to do something rather than taking these niggers and whipping them to do something, they'll be more willing to work and therefore productivity will shoot up. Therefore, the productivity of the wage workers and the resulting profit margin will be way better than just having a bunch of free laborers. Econ 101, pal.

Slaves were required by law to be fed, housed and clothed. They also required lots and lots of armed guards. When the slave trade was abolished, the price of slaves increased heavily so you couldn't just work them to death either. Slavery was already dying by the time of the Civil War.

If you paid someone, they wouldn't be slaves. If you paid them and weren't slaves, their housing, feeding and clothing weren't within your responsibilities.

You are fuckong american asking about your own civil war a basic question

did you drop out at kindergarten or is your educational system actually this bad?

Everyone and their mom says that here and I never see an associated link or image sourcing this.
Industrializing the south was never as feasible because it didn't have a comparable watersystem to the great lakes, to link coal and iron extraction to manufacturing and exporting centers. It was never competitive to begin with, and the existing industrial centers in the north would have killed any nascent industry.

The additive effects of the northern tariffs and end of slavery would have been harsh, and the best cast scenario would lead to more modern farming of food crops rather than cotton for export.

This
(((John Wilkes Booth)))

Fuck you, you retarded southerner. The niggers never should have came here in the first place. You doomed this continent to fail before the country was even started.