What is the lesson Christianity teaches us? That if you revere this one being, and love him unconditionally...

What is the lesson Christianity teaches us? That if you revere this one being, and love him unconditionally, you will be saved.
Upon this main idea all the virtues of Christianity are built. Jesus is the central figure of Christianity and through him these virtues are taught to the readers of the bible. Be humble, treat others well, work hard, and all your suffering will be rewarded in heaven.

Why is this degenerate?
1. Because it lifts responsibility off the reader.
2. Because there is a reward.
You are not being a good person for its own sake, you are doing it because Jesus did it, and because you go to heaven as a result. It is comfortable rationalization that proves you are a weak pathetic piece of shit for believing it.
One should be good because it is good. Not to satisfy some being, or get holy points on your scoreboard, or go to heaven. You should be good because that is the right thing to do.
Take some notes from the Buddha and Marcus Aurelius.

Don't reply to this thread unless you think about it for at least 2 minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mv3V2BmYWoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

0/10

OP, You're talking about Christianity according to Paul a Roman Tool Charged with creating a State-Sponsored Control Religion. Paul Deified Christ. Jesus, who's final words were 'My God why have you forsaken me' Didn't teach Christianity. Jesus was based and he taught about the Universal Consciousness From the Big Wow, of which we all share. Pretty much the complete opposite of Pauline Christianity.

It doesn't really matter why you're a good person so long as you're actually a good person. Hell a person could be a good person out of spite for his shitty father. Who gives a shit what is motivations are? World's ultimately a better place.

You sound retarded.

(((Christianity))) is a bullshit religion created by Paul, a guy who's favorite pastime was feeding Christians to the Lions, and Constantine, a guy who wanted a new State-Sponsored Religion. Jesus was Based and taught about the eternal, all-powerful, omniscient Universe which attained consciousness about 200,000 years after the big bang, when the light could travel to eternity.

>The Big Wow
My uncle once talked about something like this. could you give me more details?

There is no such thing as good or bad. God is infinite and mortals such as ourselves cannot judge him. There is only one God, one consciousness and everything is EXACTLY the way God wants it to be. You have no free-will. You were programmed by God about 14 billion years ago to do say and think exactly what you do, say and think. Your free will is an illusion as is being proven by modern quantum mechanics.

Consciousness is a preferred state and reality self-selects for it. It began a long time ago. It is the ancient religion of the Galaxy, the Wolves, the Black Hole and Mankind. Older than the stars. Monotheism, I am what AM.

>That if you revere this one being, and love him unconditionally, you will be saved.
That's not what it teaches.
The whole idea central to Christianity is that God loves man more than man loves God, and this love is displayed in a familial manner in which even when the guidance of the father is forsaken in favor of carnal pleasure (short term gratification vs long term which is supported by wisdom and experience) the all Father still comes back, still refuses to abandon man to his own destruction, though man deserves very much the undoing he makes for himself.
>suffering will be rewarded
It's not suffering, ya half brained dick sucking mongoloid. This is a very modern interpretation of Christianity which comes from the modern religion rather than the ancient teachings.
>lifts responsibility
Actually it doesn't not in any way. Men still must bear responsibility for their actions. To say a murderer can go to heaven is wrong is like saying a murderer who serves his time in prison or has his arm cut off can't rejoin society despite having learned his lesson.
>there is a reward
There's literally nothing wrong with spiritual pragmatism. I presume you define reward Heaven? but that's not the reward, that's literally not the reward. You don't go to Heaven for being good. You go to Heaven or consciously in a dream state so that you can share in the love of God, to be reunified with your father. Not because you gave out candy to a homeless guy.
I guess that's strike three, my man.
>you are not being good for its own sake
>play by these imaginary philosophical rules I set up or you're a bad person
I'll stick with the morals of my civilization.
>you are weak and pathetic
Aurelius and Buddha were both literally weak as well as physically pathetic. Buddha could have also been a pseudo-hede. Aurelius adopted Stoicism because he had no answer for why he was wasting his life fighting subhuman savages.

>You should be good because that is the right thing to do.
Why? That doesn't make it good. That is the same as saying the means justify the ends. It's stupid and not even Kant accepted this. It is moral intent, the will to do good which is more important than whether or not your actions lead to a greater net good. What is good is commanded by God. The will of God with its intent being pursued by man is the highest good. These basic good things are compatible with Buddha and Aurelius.
You seem to think that Christianity is inherently not good. Suppose it is entirely true and wholly good, would it still be incompatible with Stoicism? Or would Buddhism and Stoicism become greater understandings of Christian Truth and its pursuit?
>I hate Europe
At least you put it clearly.
Shill.

God doesn't love man. We are like hairs on a pimple on God's ass. God sees the world, himself, through our eyes. We are tools for God. God is infinite and all-powerful. And eternal and master of time, space and dimension. Nothing surprises God. God created the world and being all-powerful created it exactly how he wanted it to be. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE POWER OR ABILITY TO SURPRISE GOD.

> Be you

>Think GOD doesn't know exactly what you're going to do every second of your life even though he created every single molecule and physical law of the Universe.

> Be retarded like that.

>Have thoughts like 'God doesn't know if I will kill the baby or save the baby' God is kind of stupid!

>Kill Yourself and Fuck the Body.

>play by these imaginary philosophical rules I set up or you're a bad person
Except I never said you were a bad person for being a Christian. All I said is that you are degenerate and pathetic.

>It's not suffering
Yes, yes it fucking is. Look at the life of Jesus.

>Men still must bear responsibility for their actions.
You have no appreciation for what goodness is, you just care that the person puts in the effort. Sorry user, but this is pathetic. Its like saying "You're special just the way you are" or "As long as you try, thats all that matters".

>but that's not the reward, that's literally not the reward
Some mental gymnastics going on here. bud. Heaven is for all intents and purposes meant to be the comfortable reward for a life filled with toil. Having a heavenly father who takes care of you and loves you is a reward. Its the most perfect reward for someone who has no backbone, completely pathetic and feeble.

>YOU DO NOT HAVE THE POWER OR ABILITY TO SURPRISE GOD.
Then why did he give us free will and not add a principal of knowledge equaling causality on any level even the quantum one?

That's a load of shit. There is no free will. God is all-powerful and omniscient. He created the world exactly how he wanted it to be. You're dumb if you can't see this.

>Be you

>Think God is weak and doesn't do exactly what he wants.

>Fail to see the retardedness of this contention.

>Except I never said you were a bad person for being a Christian
Well no, you actually gave a statement about being good which does not seem to include Christian ethic and you presented it as opposed to Christian ethic.
>degenerate and pathetic
Oh look, more buzzwords from someone advocating a literal pairing of pathetic and degenerate.
>God sees the world, himself, through our eyes. We are tools for God. God is infinite and all-powerful. And eternal and master of time, space and dimension. Nothing surprises God. God created the world and being all-powerful created it exactly how he wanted it to be. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE POWER OR ABILITY TO SURPRISE GOD.
Why would he create us then? I mean if he already knew everything why would he need a being to "know" himself by?
>>It's not suffering
>Yes, yes it fucking is. Look at the life of Jesus.
I suppose I should said it isn't meaningless suffering. Also Jesus suffered for a purpose and its not as if he made suffering an ideal, he made ideals an ideal, suffering or not you can be a Christian and have a good ethic. Suffering is a condition of existence, at least in a basic sense. But I wouldn't say all suffering is equal as you are saying, or rather you're implying.
What do I suffer that I should not by serving my children and parents to a better future?
>inb4 you say Christianity is anti-family

>no appreciation for what goodness is
you can't even define it coherently.
>puts in effort
That is literally what it means to be good. Read Kant, low IQ mong.
>this is pathetic
>but I wont tell you what any of my buzzwords mean, I'll just say the,
Thanks shill.
>you're special the way you are, trying is what matters
Yes, that is literally what morality is. You are putting morals out of reach and instead seeming to posit a moral aristocracy, you're retarded and your idea is unfeasible.
>mental gymnastic
You could just read the Bible and the Gospels. Doing good is its own reward.

>Heaven is for all intents and purposes meant to be the comfortable reward for a life filled with toil.
Yeah, no. Not at all, and I have only seen this understanding from people who don't read the Bible but instead look at secular interpretations of Modern Christian Culture.
>perfect for someone who has no backbone
But you wont say why, right?

>Be you

>Worship a retarded God that is surprised by your actions every time you do something.

>Fail to see the retardedness of this belief.

> Be you

>Have the emotional maturity of a 6-year old.

>Believe in 'heaven'.

>load of shit
ok
>no free will
prove it
>God is all powerful and omniscient
this doesn't prove it, think about it. If you can't conclude the correct answer I will help you.
Think about this, I know you are subject to gravity, does this mean I made you fall?
>exactly how he wanted it to be
how can he "want" if he is all powerful?
>you're dumb
sure

*tips*

Degenerate: pleasured without having been earned
In Christianity's case, it is the pleasure felt from satisfying god by doing what he says is good.

Pathetic: Relying on other's approval and judgement to feel good about onself. Settling for the lowest of the low.
That's just the definition of Christianity in a nutshell to be honest.

I have Meditations and the Dharmapada and just reread them yesterday. By far my favorite 2 books of all time. Much better philosophy than muh bible.

That OP is a faggot!

Go tip your fedora over at the donald, you cocksucker

>Be you

>See The Digits, yet fail to believe

>Believe in a State-sponsored Pauline Paternalistic Fantasy Heaven

>Not be in constant conscious contact with God

Lol

>doing what he says is good
It's *God. Its a name and a title. Coming from Germanic Wodanaz, it's a long etymology.

you can't divorce God from Good and still think you're dealing with Christianity, you're making up your own strawman and then critiquing it.
>pleasure without having been earned
Shitty definition.
Degenerate :anything that degenerates from objective progress
your definition of pathetic is at odds with the biological reality of man. Find me a child who does not seek his father's approval, find me a tribe without honor. Your definition of Pathetic is the definition of Honor, you seek to be just in the eyes of others.
Get the fuck out of here, merchant.

>here is no free will. God is all-powerful and omniscient
Nigga that ain't incompatible.

God is everything and thus he is every choice we can ever make. So free will can indeed exist, but it doesn't matter.

Are we talking the Religion, or what Jesus did?

Jesus displays cunning, charity, kindness, love, all the while firmly standing against greed.

Following blindly is foolish, no matter the religion. I prefer to think of Jesus as a being to emulate. False faith is rotten in any degree after all.

They carry the same message, idiot.
>profaning Kek with Reddit spacing
>expecting to be favored more than the pity digits of "repent my Reddit servant"

It's compatible because God knowing everything doesn't cause anything.
As if knowing how many horns a unicorn has created unicorns.

>Be you

>Fail to see how an all-powerful, omniscient creator and your 'free-will' are incompatible

LOL

>>"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

The essence of Christianity is non-dualism, same as Buddhism, but because Christianity comes out of Jewish culture it was transformed into a set of rules for daily living. In fact the central criteria for selecting books for New Testament was their "Orthodoxy." Because of this the more mystic teachings were eventually rooted out. The Gospel of Thomas is an example of the type of Christianity most likely taught by Jesus, placing an emphasis on rejecting the world and embracing pure unattached spirit, sinilar to the concept of Buddhist "maya". When reading the four gospels keeping this in mind, Jesus's words begin to make more sense.

Missing the point user. I'm not heralding atheism, I'm criticizing Christianity.

>Your definition of Pathetic is the definition of Honor, you seek to be just in the eyes of others.

An honorable person is someone who has strong beliefs and morals and always acts congruent to them. Honor is most certainly NOT "being just in the eyes of others"
You are a degenerate weak faggot that needs the approval of others, and the approval of god to feel like you are good. Its like everything I wrote in the OP is rewriting its self through the thread.

Pathetic means you marry a 60 year old woman when you are 30. Pathetic is eating feces and acting like it tastes good. None of these things are the "biological reality" of man, yet they are heralded as necessary parts of life in the christian bible.
Ever heard of Machiavelli little boy?

Hi aleister crowley

FEDORA
E
D
O
R
A

>Humble is bad

No it's not it's everyone, your leader included soberly acknowledging when you're getting outjewed. If you're too much of a schmuck to realzie that then you won't stop the jewry. How can you? You refuse to realize it. Dumb goy

>rewards are baadd

GOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOGY

Youve obviously never been in a position of power because you can't get jack shit done without encouraging it actively.

>Marcus Aurelius
Literally a mass murder and taught slaves to never seek freedom from their masters

Hows that for cuckoldry
>bhudda

need I say ANYTHING AT ALL

God is that which defines goodness. Without God there would be no virtue or vice as vice is a deviation from virtue. God is the supreme and only good.

If that's all true, which Christianity does claim, then the more good one becomes, the closer they are to God. If God is that in which all joy, peace, love, and happiness exists, then the closer one is to God, the more joyous, peaceful, loving, and happy they will be. In essence, to be in Heaven is to be closer to God than is possible in the flesh.

Thus, the Christian who strives to be good strives to be closer to true state of being. It's an attempt at correction, at removing the flaws in one's being that separate him from the total truth of being itself.

Heaven is a reward, but that reward is a natural consequence of closeness to truth. Good is the true state of existence.

>An honorable person is someone who has strong beliefs and morals and always acts congruent to them.
No, that's integrity. Honor is your social status which is dependent upon others.
>eating shit and marrying old women is a teaching of Paul and Jesus
Alright, Schlomo, you best split before you try and tell me your old testament Jewery is superior to New Testament European Christianity.
>Machiavelli
funny you should mention him. Did you read him? He didn't advocate anything but doing good, he simply believed the ends justified the means. His was how to pragmatically bring about a more Christian kingdom.
youtube.com/watch?v=mv3V2BmYWoo

Actually my sentiments. It's literally base psychology. Promise something literally unobtainable and un-verifiable for the actions that they want. It's something a toddler falls for.

Well It doesn't really matter if it's true

If it's true you can either accept or reject it

Eating shit and marrying old women is basically me telling you that Christianity teaches that you should accept suffering because you will be rewarded in the end.
This is the complete OPPOSITE of what Machiavelli teaches, which is to be good but not pathetic.

>No, that's integrity. Honor is your social status which is dependent upon others
Your definition of honor is autistic, and it continues to prove how feeble and pathetic you really are.

I just got done with auerilius meditations. Stoicism is inspirational but it mainly deals with balance and duty. What exactly are you referring to?
Second I don't care about heaven, I just love Jesus.
You left out the mystical side of Christianity and boiled it down to a meme, so I ask you have you read the summa theologica? Have you read Aquinas and Augustine? St John of the cross or st Theresa of Avilla? Some knowledge of Aristotle is required to understand but the point I'm making is men far smarter than you and I have helped to distill down Christianity, and in your ignorance and arrogance you have not even bothered to read their work but your passing yourself off as intellectual. I doubt you've even read much by auerilius

This is true and this tradition is found in the desert father's and early monastics of orthodoxy. They grew separate of Pauline christianity. They practice hesacysm a mystical form of Christianity. They undergo a three step process to theosis or unity in christ. If anyone is interested read the philokalia, sayings of the desert father's and the ladder of divine ascent

>. It's literally base psychology. Promise something literally unobtainable and un-verifiable for the actions that they want. It's something a toddler falls for.
That's not psychology. The basis of Psychology is Freud and Jung with their emphases on biological drives.
>something a toddler falls for
You continue to drink though you'll always need water. Who was it that said he offered a final quenching?
>Christianity teaches that you should accept suffering because you will be rewarded in the end.
Are you implying that short term gratification is better than long term gratification?
I should eat the cookie now because I might not get two cookies later.?
I think you're literally retarded.
>opposite of Machiavelli
So then you haven't read Machiavelli.
He was a political theorist too, not a moral philosopher. READ HIM, buy The Prince or find a pdf, you're being deliberately stupid.
>definition of Honor is autistic
Really, why?
>"autistically rambles in Nietzsche"
Pls proceed to kill yourself, my man.

Just because Machiavelli specifically wrote in terms of politics, doesn't mean you can't apply what he said to life in general.

>Are you implying that short term gratification is better than long term gratification?
No, I'm saying that you should not accept suffering. Being apathetic toward your own suffering is pretty much the equivalent of feeling shame about your whole existence.

This, it's an attitude especially prevalent in catholics.
Stop accepting suffering as an inevitable part of your life, fight it.
We are the masters of destiny. Grab it by the balls and rape it in the ass, we're in charge.