Why is NYC such an UGLY city? It's one the premiere cities of the world, and the #1 city in America...

Why is NYC such an UGLY city? It's one the premiere cities of the world, and the #1 city in America, but yet most of the buildings are just so outdated, and they don't have a flow to them. The buildings are just thrown together in a mish-mash sort of way. The most visually impressive building would have to be One WTC. No offense but the Twin Towers had to have been one of if not the most blandest designs of any skyscraper in the world. I am sort of glad they aren't around anymore.

A city like Shanghai looks like it's from the future. New York City is still stuck in the 1930s.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@41.8883112,-87.6245345,3a,75y,236.49h,114.65t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s46eBVQwr7PxhMzDsnsnTPQ!2e0!6s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=46eBVQwr7PxhMzDsnsnTPQ&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=19.338173&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>outdated
fuck off you nihilist "postmodernist"

I look at a fictional city like Metropolis from Superman, and I think why can't we have a city like that? It's a beautiful city in most depictions.

>Stuck in the 1930s
>Implying that's a bad thing

NYET. CITY IS FINE.

Would you rather have every building look like this?

NYC is a shithole filled with niggers, spics, Jews, and immigrants

Who gives a shit?

New York is aesthetically pleasing, to me at least. And there's something oddly cool about the fact that just beyond such a bustling and vibrant city there are hills and marshland and a whole lot of nothing. That's cool to me.

Too bad it smells like piss and burned rubber. 3/10, would not go back.

It's because America doesn't do aesthetics. It's all about maximizing $$$.

No, that's ugly as well but in a different way.

Because Metropolis is a CGI generated monstrosity. NYC looks like the 1930s because thats when the iconic buildings were built.

Besides Shanghai, looks like someone on crack was playing simcity 3000

Fuck Shanghai and NYC
Seoul,South Korea is the best city and has the best internet speed in the world with better technology than Tokyo,Japan
I may be biased since I'm Korean though

>but yet most of the buildings are just so outdated

Most buildings were built nearly a century ago. You just can't tear them down because some autist wants modern architecture

>A city like Shanghai looks like it's from the future. New York City is still stuck in the 1930s.

Shanghai was built up in 90s and Chinese communists can just take and evict whoever the fuck.

Well a building near mine had to clear out so that asbestos could be removed from the walls. So yeah it kinda is

What you have is incurable OP. Godspeed.

>yet most of the buildings are just so outdated
That's not a bad thing, hipster post-modernism faggot.

Shanghai is a commieblock nightmare.

>Fucking reality why doesn't it look like muh comics, animu and sci-fi???
KYS manchild

Seoul is meh. They got the best street vendors though. Tokyo is the best city imo.

>Thrown together in a mish-mash sort of way
>New York City is stuck in the 1930's

Pick one

Those look aesthetic enough that I wouldn't mind living there

Over many many decades buildings were built, knocked down, new ones built to replace the ones demolished.

But captain autistic op doesn't like thos

> am sort of glad they aren't around anymore.

Hahaha what the fuck

That looks pretty good in my opinion.

>when an indie game's scope gets too big and reuses the shit out of their assets

really? they look generic as fuck.
It could be anywhere, no culture, no history, no heritage.

We literally keep the buildings because they are old
Seriously

who gives a fuck about your opinion
kys faggot
>aged

>waaah why haven't we stripped down all of the centuries-old buildings in this city and made it identical to a soulless chink globalist hub with modern architecture and neon everywhere!

Chicago is the beautiful city...such a shame its...

>NYC is a shithole filled with niggers, spics, Jews, and immigrants
...and people who can afford to live there ;)

Niggers and liberals ruin everything.

New Amsterdam is the birthplace of the American ideal thanks to Dutch Reform protestants. If it was up to Puritans we would be stuck burning witches, if it was up to Southern Episcopalians we would all be too busy handling snakes. If it was up to Quakers we would all be dead and abstinent. If it was up to Southern coastal planters we would all be stuck with medieval farming technology and outpopulated 10 to 1 by blacks waiting for the next Haiti.

Yes, to me Chicago and Los Angeles are infinitely more aesthetic than New York City ever will be.

Maybe you would prefer vegas?

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly went HHHRAWWWWWWWWWWWK PTOOO and kept fucking doing it over and over again."

visiting for the first time soon, moving later

can't wait tßh

That's not Los Vegas, the Strip is actually located in Paradise and Winchester Nevada.

Blacks are only 25% of New York. Italians, Micks, Puerto Ricans and Jews run the city since the early 1900s. Hipsters are going to gentrify more and more black ghettos.

Where do the people walk? Where are outside venues and such? It looks like just cars and buildings to me.

American cities are not very accommodating to pedestrian travel.

Steel and glass make terrible cities, sure they may look futuristic but they lack any soul.

I like the look of the early 1900's however, NYC does look like trash. Maybe that will change of we gas all the nigs.

Do Asians enjoy living 10,000+ people per building?

How come? They always seemed to have a rather weird layout of wide roads even in historical movies and photos, and here, this user posted a pic that's a great illustration of that: I understand multiple lane roads for traffic, but you'd usually have a parallel system meant for not just pedestrian traffic, but for a variety of street activities, so that you can walk the city streets and engage in some form of culture, entertainment, economic activity, socializing, etc.

I've walked through some smaller American cities on Streetview recently, and I was really astonished at how empty everything looked, but obviously I would have no idea where a cultural hub of some random city would be so maybe I was just looking in the wrong places.

>Why can't every city around the world look indistinguishable from each other?

Because that'd be boring as fuck.

Lived there for like 2 and a half years while I was going to grad school. The place is a fucking shithole. Furthermore, most of the retarded poor millenials that live there are in full congnitive dissonance mode and are convinced that it's the most wonderful place on earth even though moving there objectively makes their standard of living drop significantly. I found that it seems to attract the most narcissistic, self-absorbed sort of people that will all stab you in the back without a moments hesitation to get ahead. Everyone I met there was pointlessly competitive about literally everything. It also has a corrupting influence. The few people I knew that didn't start out and self-absorbed, backstabbing assholes gradually adapted to the city and became that way. It's a fucking evil city if you ask me. Living there is literally what redpilled me about the Jews. They run literally everything and pull everyone's strings. Had I not lived there and seen it for myself I never would have believed Sup Forums about the kikes. I even heard one of my old (((employers))) talking on the phone about torturing children with needles one time.

TL;DR it's a shithole that attracts shitty people and the jew controls EVERYTHING

>leaving your residence in Chicago
lol good luck with that

Story of America the country.

I wonder what happens if there's an earthquake.

True but Jew York is that on steroids.

This is how we end up living in a cyberpunk world

it looks so lifeless and fake

like a simcity game

At least the people aren't as cucked like in the southern states who get triggered for people driving over the speed limit because you made them drop their meth pipe they were about to hit because they thought you were a cop.

>Los Angeles
ARE YOU ON CRACK

THE ONLY HALF DECENT WEST COAST CITY IS SAN FRANCISCO, JUST USE A NEUTRON BOMB TO GET RID OF THE SJWS

Stop overusing the word literally it makes you sound like a 12 year old girl.

Bombing destroys nice looking buildings. A targeted disease will do the trick.

google.com/maps/@41.8883112,-87.6245345,3a,75y,236.49h,114.65t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s46eBVQwr7PxhMzDsnsnTPQ!2e0!6s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=46eBVQwr7PxhMzDsnsnTPQ&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=19.338173&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

This is the intersection in the picture. The touristy part of Chicago is north along this street. The street in this particular location is triple decker; so, it might be annoying to navigate on streetview due to it not being designed for multilevel streets.

ITT: people who have never left moms basement talk about cities they've never been to

Rem Koolhaas answers your question in his manifesto

did you take that? if so, hi fellow dallasite

American south is best America. TNbro here.

I understand Chicago but why LA? LA's hardly even a real city, it's just a collection of suburbs.

plumb bobs and spirit levels are pretty fucking accurate

poor croat never seen a real city before

You are literally a faggot.

NYC is a great city. Personally I just wish more of the buildings had interior renovations. Then again, though, I really only keep to the nice parts of Manhattan, so fuck if I know what the rest of the city looks like. For sure Jersey City is a shithole; I had to go to a Home Depot out there a few weeks ago.

Deep south is pretty shit though. TN is alright except Memphis

I guess Tennessee is kind of the South. Which is to say, I've seen confederate flags in trailer windows as I drive through.

arent the cities crawling with nogs down there

LA is barely distinguishable from Tijuana. Even in the rich parts of west LA people have fucking giant walls around their properties

Memphis is actually a pretty fun town as long as you know what areas to avoid (the nig infested ones). Beale Street kicks ass.

is this an AIDS joke? If not, now it is.

Infested

Chattanooga is basically a miniature version of Detroit. Nashville and Knoxville are not much better.

Box designs are cheap.
Let them stand and deteriorate, no maintenance.

Driving on 240, I was greeted by two he a good boys knocking construction barrels into travel lanes as I was driving back from out west. Nice way of reminding me of how shit the eastern seaboard is thanks to nogs.

>but yet most of the buildings are just so outdated, and they don't have a flow to them
I hate the hipster flow in Brooklyn more then anything else about the city.
>No offense but the Twin Towers had to have been one of if not the most blandest designs of any skyscraper in the world. I am sort of glad they aren't around anymore.
Thanks mossad for doing OP a favor.

This would be good if the buildings were just less repetitious. Much more open space than NYC.

It's because white people are becoming the LEAST creative race on the earth.

>We need 10,000 apts in this area
>okay lets built a few huge grey blocks

basically white architecture since the degeneration of the white race after the 1800s

lol the only good thing about Seoul is the food and the trains

that's it. it's literally a sprawling, never ending mix of shanties and apartment buildings. Seoul is ugly af

I don't get Knoxville's fucking problem. They should be the Austin Texas of Tennessee

Walk those streets one time and you'll be in love. It's insane how much there is to do there.

What makes NYC charming (or not, depending on if you have money), is that it is a city of interiors. Most public spaces, most subway stations, basically the majority of the place is shit. It's a screen to keep plebs out.

The interiors of NYC for those with even modest money is incredible. It's like the city unfolds into these crazy spaces hidden every here and there, up here, down there. Then you spill back out into plebland until you go within another amazing space.

Not for me, but I do enjoy visiting every few years.

Boomers. Everything built for them was meant to be constructed as cheaply as possible.

There is NO PLACE ON EARTH like NYC. I was raised there for 18 years and have been back for 3 years after living across the country. No other place can compare.

>best food
>easy transit
>everyone is friendly
>opportunities (both work and education)
>tolerant,diverse society

Best city in the world

NYC is a shithole. When you mix all the soda flavors together, it tastes like shit. Same applies to the city.

Overcrowded, filthy, mud puddle of cultures.... overall a failed experiment...

There's absolutely no reason to live there.

truuuuu

>NYC
>everyone is friendly

Ok, that's how I know you're full of shit.

Baby boomers essentially degraded America's gene pool with their already defective genetics from being damaged by lead paints, gasolines, DDT, frying their brains with drugs, etc. They unleashed all of the problems that afflicts all of us today.

NYC blows. Especially during the Summer. The problem is that media and Hollywood have made it out to be this cool spot, but in reality, it's a fucking dump.
Even Manhattan is filled with sewer rats scurrying across the street. It's horrible. I hate going to that place. And most of the time you just run into literal crazy people in the street or the subways and New New Yorkers act like these are amazing artists infusing the city with culture.

They are friendly as in they will talk to you instead of thumb their noses at you because you're not wearing the most expensive attire like in the south because that's all they have as far as culture goes, trying to appear rich.

You're clueless and full of nostalgia and bias.

lol, Seoul is hideous and filled with poor people.
I went to Busan, it looked nicer.

>diversity
>good
wut

I've worked in new York the last 4 years. it's crowded, ppl are super rude, minorities everywhere, dirty, expensive, feels rundown, ugly, cold

fuck new York. worst fucking city on earth

I knew someone would say that, but youre not a new yorker, you wouldnt get it. Only a new yorker gets it, even when we are mean to each other its all good-natured ribbing

>only a new York flea likes being a new York flea

go figure

are you white? are you from nyc originally?

>Do Asians enjoy living

Somewhat agree with this. Though personally I like the hustle and bustle of the outdoors with an array smells and weird creatures (human and nonhuman) running about. A true concrete jungle.

>everyone is friendly

lol. If people like you they'll tell you, but if they hate you they'll DEFINITELY tell you. They're not more friendly just more loud and vocal about their beliefs than other cities.