There are now over 2,076,840 Canadians with Firearm licenses

There are now over 2,076,840 Canadians with Firearm licenses.

thegunblog.ca/2017/04/26/gun-licences-rise-to-record-for-second-straight-year-in-2016/

>More Canadian adults have gun licences than the number that plays the country’s most popular sports, from golf, hockey, soccer and baseball to volleyball, basketball, skiing and swimming.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/fun-police-strike-as-several-agricultural-showbag-toys-branded-unsafe/news-story/ae465c7a930ef4491b9068ed1efeb025?nk=03eb4d51bc187b739360f82ab770e9bd-1494228853
youtube.com/watch?v=Dv33pCUkLRM
pastebin.com/jkGPzQCc
washingtonexaminer.com/columnist-fails-gun-check-blames-store-owners/article/2594417
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>invites muslims
>gun purchases go up
Hm

What do we do about our increasingly armed leaf neighbors fellow burgers?

Shoot some 3Gun with us?
Watch out: Canadians are really fast on the reload.

How are we less cucked than the motherland(England)?

Back in the 90's when C-68 was passed, there was a "Fed Up" rally. The police had snipers posted on the rooftops for the protest, lmao.
Back then, our gun orgs were a total mess and the internet hadn't been broadly adopted yet, so communication/organization was much more difficult.
The LPC campaigned on banning all handguns and semi-auto's that hadn't been banned yet, but then Harper won a minority in 2006 so that didn't happen.

Is that because of the 5 round mags?

Because of magazine restrictions, yeah, though the laws are quite a bit more complicated than just a blanket 5 round limit (because of course they are).

Rimfire rifles (incl. semi-auto) = infinite
Manually operated centerfire rifles/shotguns = infinite
Handguns (both centerfire and rimfire) = 10 rounds
Semi-automatic centerfire rifles/shotguns = 5 rounds

But the capacity of the magazine is based on the firearm and ammunition is was designed and manufactured for. So you can take a 10 round AR-15 pistol magazine and lawfully use it in your AR-15 rifle. You could also take a 5 round Beowulf magazine and load it up with ~15 rounds of 5.56x45 instead.

In addition to this, there are two exceptions written into the law: M1 Garands (8 rounds) and Lee-Enfield rifles (even though the magazine capacity limit doesn't apply to them since they are bolt-action).

What staggering jumps. And one in maybe 20 or 30 people in the boonies have pea shooters for squirrels n sheit. Good. Keep it that way. Nice and low

Dude, 1 in 14 adults across Canada have licenses now. This is one of the highest firearm ownership rates in the world.
Have you considered that maybe guns aren't actually a problem?

Live by sword die by it. Inb4 hurr hurr "yeah well he who lives by it lives longer" hollywood movie trailer durr durr. My response to that would be "September 23". Also if thag fails. Why am I fearing objects? I only fear God :)

>mass
What about non mass shootings? I'd bet that number would be about 600K

"Living by the sword" isn't the same as owning a sword. Do you think people go through the trouble of taking firearm safety courses, getting criminal background checks and shit so that they can legally buy a gun to go mug people?

The vast majority of firearm deaths are suicide. In Canada, when our firearm laws were implemented, suicide by hanging went up by the same amount as suicide by firearm went down, leaving an identical total suicide rate.

Removing suicide from the number, the vast majority is gang violence. Again, gangsters don't typically buy firearms legally. Here in Canada, it's not uncommon to see newspaper articles about some asshole in Montreal or Toronto getting his third court-ordered lifetime firearm prohibition. Criminals don't give a fuck about the law.

>needing licenses

Yeah. Just think about it, Canadians have to reload at least twice as much as Americans

We don't need to go through a 4473 every time we buy a gun because we already have the license.

I'd prefer if licenses weren't necessary and we just made firearm safety courses part of high-school phys. ed., but getting people on-board for that is a problem on both sides of the 49th.

>Go shooting in the US
>BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
>Drop mag
>Oh fuck, that still had 25 rounds in it...

literally this.

I've never cared about guns before, but the past 5 years have changed my opinion.

Being a gun owner in Australia sounds like suffering, though.

Yep. I won't buy one anytime soon. Gun Safe needs to be secured, and I'm a renter so need permission from Landlords for that, and they don't like guns.

That covers air guns too, doesn't it? Maybe get into archery in the meantime? :(

>That covers air guns too, doesn't it?
I don't know. Probably. This country is so retarded I'm sure water pistols are banned.

For the gun license you need to have what you can do on the license, so if your license only says target shooting, you can't go shoot pigs until you get hunting on your license. I'm sure there are fees for every single one. The more I look into it, the more of a joke it becomes.

That's fucked. In Canada, they ask you why you're applying for your license, but it doesn't really matter one way or another. If you decide to go hunting or start collecting every bolt-action service rifle from WW2, there's nothing stopping you.

dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/fun-police-strike-as-several-agricultural-showbag-toys-branded-unsafe/news-story/ae465c7a930ef4491b9068ed1efeb025?nk=03eb4d51bc187b739360f82ab770e9bd-1494228853

that picture makes me want to join the army

do we still need a sponsor and to join a club before being able to purchase a handgun or anything other than a standard hunting rifle?
just kinda inquiring for me and my father.. he tried getting his license in the early-mid 90s and was bogged down by a bunch of fucking restrictions... some guy said he had to belong to a gun club and get someone there to sponsor him.. etc.
any info on that anyone?

What province are you in?

ATT's are now baked into RPAL's, but some CFO's are fucking assholes.

As for getting a "license", that wasn't a thing until the late 90's. Prior to that, you'd get a Firearm Acquisition Certificate. Very different system.

I don't know if getting unregistered firearms are legal in the Australia but that's worth looking into, not that I would ever recommend anybody to do something illegal if that's the case + you wouldn't likely have to get a gun safe nor inform landlords

Not legal at all, but it doesn't seem to stop the "bikies" from building SMG's.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dv33pCUkLRM

i'm in ontario
and yeah i know it was the FAC before the PAL, so i guess it was the restrictions/requirements to that
so, no? yes? i mean we've since moved cities and i don't really think it would be as difficult to find a sponsor here if we really needed one, but it still feels really dumb to me

Yeah, you're good to go. Just sign up for the course. It costs less to apply for both the PAL and RPAL at the same time, btw.

This is the pastebin we include in the Canada General threads over on /k/. It includes a bunch of good info to get you started.

pastebin.com/jkGPzQCc

Of course it doesn't, open-bolt SMGs the easiest type of firearm to build. Also it's silly how it's legal to order Ghost Gunner to Australia but actually manufacturing parts with them equals a jail sentence. 3D-printer technology made it impossible to enforce these laws even if the copycat products aren't as good as the intended, but wait 5 to 10 years.

Also the rate of fire on that thing is fucked and uncontrollable, one would do better with approx 300 - 450rds / min

Strictly speaking, a muzzle-loader or slam-bang are easier to make, but as far as repeating firearms go, open-bolt SMG's are definitely far easier than anything else, yeah.

>pastebin.com/jkGPzQCc
thanks bro!

No problem, man. Stop by the Canada General sometime.

yknow i just might do that man.. i've honestly never been on /k/ before

Most of us on /k/ are just huge fucking nerds, lol.

Handguns are still registered IE when the cops pull you over they know you own one. As well as if you move you have to tell the police / government so they know. Correct?

If you are licensed, the cops know you're a gun owner anyway. Knowing which handgun(s) you own doesn't change much with regards to traffic stops.
Yes, you need to tell the government your new address when you move.

Doesn't sit right with me. I have 4 guns all non restricted I want a pistol but don't want the hassle

It's a stupid law and it does nothing to improve public safety, but it is what it is.

we have rifle shooting teams in our schools

needing a "permit" from the government to be a free man is fucking terrible. that leaves way too much subjective bs up to the gov processors

the 4473 is a compromise to zero regulation, and it does work at making it a bit harder for felon jamal to walk into a shop and buy heat. and the 4473 takes like 5 mins to fill out. and literally just cross references your name to a database of criminal history. but yeah its stupid, maybe the libshit judges and lawmakers should make it a point to keep the faggot criminals in jail instead of putting out the murderers on parole with good behavior after 4 years.

It doesn't help that people in both our countries make extremely firm opinions about the matter without knowing our gun laws at all.

washingtonexaminer.com/columnist-fails-gun-check-blames-store-owners/article/2594417