Catholic General

Why haven't you joined the One True Church?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_theory
bible.org/question/should-we-worship-mary
gotquestions.org/worship-saints-Mary.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But I did. I joined the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.

because you guys are weirdos who think an old Spanish man speaks for God

One Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church-- What like Orthodox Christianity?

Except not schismatic.
Except not heretics
Benedict is still pope in my eyes.

Why do you worship snakes?

You seem to misinterpret the role of the pope.

You what?

All this pagan shit, dude.

>True

Read the bible and the catechism of the council of trent. You will see it is nothing but truth.

It is literally only arguably the last one.

user pls.

>statue of Jesus rising from Hell
>pagan shit
?

Yes.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/true
>In accordance with fact or reality.

>Jesus rising from Hell
Looks like something out of H.P. Lovecraft's works.

What about the snake though?

Catholic reporting in. Feels good to have had my original sin wiped away in infancy.

LITERALLY run by Satanic Hebrews.

>LITERALLY started the anti-jew movement in Europe

Stay out of our general please, we don't shill in yours, k bye.
Also stahp praying to Mary.

what are these?what devilish shit am i looking at?

The audience hall photo is taken with a fish eye lens to show a specific type of image. Hence the slight distortion.
Also en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

>he can't into based hyperdulia

The statue is an interpretation of Jesus rising from Hell.
The building is the Paul VI Audience Hall with a fish eye lens to capture the whole building.

Oh thank God, for a second I thought the Church was comprised and snake-worshipers were running the show.

Because I see no point in religion.
>But Morals
Those can easily be taught in regular school curriculum should we as a people elect to do so. That is of course if schools are as good at brainwashing as Sup Forums claims it is.
>But the Creation of the universe
Such a thing is important for the future, however as of this moment with the world the way it is it would be better for all if we focused our energies on other tasks. Besides are you even certain your denomination is the correct one?
>But Hell
See point two. In addition any God who is willing to punish even the righteous for not believing in him is not a completely moral being.
Honestly, it's an obsolete system at this point.

What do you lads think about Swedenborgian Christianity? Is there anything salvageable in it or is it Mormon Tier?

>Catholic General
>Missing all of the OP parts
Forgive him Wolfshiem, he knows not what he does.

A religion in which the original sin was pride and you are supposed to turn the other cheek all the time. :^)

Nah fuck it, if I wanted to live on my knees I'd be a lefty cuck.

If I wanted to become initiated into a Isis worshipping Mystery Religion I'd find one and not enroll myself into your exoteric simulacra

>building constructed in a special way to reveal an image under certain conditions.
>the architect didn't see it, nor did the people who ordered it to be built this way
>(((interpretation)))
>Pareidolia

Weak af to be honest my dude

My social studies class was all about multiculturalism (literally, for years, this was the only fucking subject) and how it makes Canada great. I never bought into it, and found the class annoying.

Also, I was raised evangelical protestant. I believed it in at first, but as I got a bit older something felt seriously wrong with it. It wasn't until I later found the Catholic church that I felt I found the truth.

>My social studies class was all about multiculturalism
Well there's your problem; multiculturalism is not a virtue and has no demonstrable reason for a society to preform it.

>Germany
If this post was from an actual county, I might have taken it seriously.

"When he created it in 1977, Fazzini explained that the statue shows Jesus rising from the crater of a nuclear bomb"
pretty sure that's supposed to be the anticrist gaining power after ww3

I'm searching fish eye vatican and all I'm getting is this.

Why do you call yourself "Wolfshiem?"

Of course I did. I was confirmed Catholic.

Then I realized how retarded it is. No offense to the brainlets that need the crutch though.

LLOZOLZ dude is your pastor jewish LOZZL

I was raised into it, catholic youth is so annoying, basically a bunch of pro life dipshits, but a good place to find a decent wife

>Because I see no point in religion
Religion can be best understood as an "established way of life based on a metaphysical worldview". The way the way of life is formalized for teaching, how detailed the worldview or the way of life is, and its overall purpose differs between religions.

Your worldview may not necessitate a particular way of life but if you're looking for a "point" in religion outside of this, you definitely won't find a thing.

To speak of worldview and fire it back at you: "what is the point of naturalism?"

>creation of the universe
The vast majority of cosmological arguments aren't about a distant temporal causation but of something called "divine conservation" - the continued and sustaining causation of nature. As such, this relates to how we understand the nature of "laws" of the universe and such.

>Besides are you even certain your denomination is the correct one?

It is certainly a big jump to correlate a worldview to a specific history. That is a very extensive argument to make but if we are to just discuss truth between denominations, parsing them by claim to authority is the easiest route. Do you grasp what I mean by this?

>See point two.
>the fate of our eternal souls
>it would be better if we focus our energies on other tasks

Listen to yourself.

>In addition any God who is willing to punish even the righteous for not believing in him is not a completely moral being

This is true but not defending what is true and good is explicitly immoral, user.

I have. I've started the Chrism recently.

Pro life is the correct stance, though.

What makes you think murdering innocent babies is okay?

i have

Isn't it haram to waifu Jesus

Maybe living around niggers his whole life

Zeigeist pls go.
Your bullshit has been refuted on this website since 2008.

I've actually been wondering if the large OP keeps newcomers from entering, so this is a good test.

I know right? Hilariously stupid.
It's like they have no history of the mitre.

I'm sure it was campy, even when promoting good stuff like pro-life.
>good place to find a decent wife
How did that go for you?

you'll be back. once you get rid of le edgy stage and all the pompous faux intellectualism it brings. you don't want to admit it's real and true. it sucks and it hard to swallow the reality but it is indeed real and true- there are people out there who are evil and want to do harm to the world and it's people. good thing we have the catholic church to teach against evil wicked people.

Transubstantiation is not a thing.

>One true church

ya pic related

Not a fenian

Because I'm not interested in religion

i realized how retarded judaism was after briefly going to public school in southern california

The fact that it's eugenics in the works
>be parent with the proclivity to commit infanticide
>abort your child
>don't pass on those inferior genes
Plus it's mostly the nigs

is this the russian-orthodox cross?

It places too much emphasis on physical ritualism and sacraments, rather than internal spiritual fulfilment. It focuses too much on the Church as an institution and not the individual and his relation with God, assuming that the only one to whom God speaks directly is the Pope which is just retarded. It has too much emphasis on identity as a Catholic and is dogmatic in its own interpretations. For years it manipulated the West and stagnating any scientific or social change.

If any Christianity, the one I would choose is Kierkegaardian Lutheranism.

>One true church

>Athiests go to heaven

Because I don't like bumming boys

You responded to the wrong post. Never the less, I shall respond to you.
>Religion can be best understood as an "established way of life based on a metaphysical worldview".
As opposed to an established way of life based on an objective worldview?
>To speak of worldview and fire it back at you: "what is the point of naturalism?"
I wouldn't know, I am not a naturalist.
>The vast majority of cosmological arguments aren't about a distant temporal causation but of something called "divine conservation"-the continued and sustaining causation of nature.
Of course understanding the laws of nature is important. However, what I stated still holds true. Perhaps my perception has been tainted by Young Earth Creationists, but it still stands.
>Do you grasp what I mean by this?
Yes. I do.
>Listen to yourself.
I am. I do not hear anything wretched. Besides, the point that follows and the point that precedes still stands.
>This is true but not defending what is true and good is explicitly immoral, user.
Who says I am not defending what is true and good?

any insight on the right part of the image?

Now what is that?

That's just the Orthodox cross, how don't you know this Gyrobro?

>muh leap of faith
What a hack

da

>it sucks and it hard to swallow the reality but it is indeed real and true-

Yeah entering an eternity of paradisiac happyness where all my desires will be met after death, for going to a lame self help group every sunday sounds really hard and totally not like wishful thinking of people who can't deal with life.

because its current head supports Mudslimes

the eight point cross is uniquely russian. greek orthos don't use it

Monkey if you can prove to me that God exists I'll take back everything I've ever said about Berziliuns.

>waifu Jesus
It's taking a waifu/husbando meme towards a different meaning, not waifuing Jesus.

user you have no idea what you're talking about.
Stop spouting anti-theist memes. They're up there with Evangelicals in terms of stupidity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_theory

>124670674
This is a misattributed quote. Francis did not say this.

This is accurate.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Martin, and upon this [metaphor for Martin] I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You -have- fapped to christ-chan today, right user?

But fags can't breed?

>the one true church
>catholocism

Orthodox is where it's at.

Interesting, I've always seen Orthodoxy in general associated with it. It never made sense to me that they would just use a Latin cross to accurately depict the Crucifix

>MUH Zeitgeist

Literally no other reply ever trying to pretend that Vatican II isn't Masonic as fuck and has been continually exposed as such decades before Jordan Maxwell or "hurr Zeitgeist"

You can keep what you said, God's existence is pretty obvious for anyone with a brain.

>This is accurate.

accurate when Jesus says "i never knew you" because you didnt know him personally

Matthew 7:23
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

What are some good reactionary Catholic websites? I really like FaithAndHeritage but it's too Protestant

sorry i've seen many different crosses like pic related

What are your advanced Brazilian methods of proving God then?

Closet fags still do though

bible.org/question/should-we-worship-mary

gotquestions.org/worship-saints-Mary.html

>Roman Catholics attempt to "bypass" these clear scriptural references by claiming they do not "worship" Mary or the saints, but rather that they only "venerate" Mary and the saints. Using a different word does not change the essence of what is being done. A definition of venerate is to "regard with respect or reverence". Nowhere in the Bible are we told to revere anyone but God alone.

>I've always seen Orthodoxy in general associated with it
it is. for example, the orthodoxy study bible that my greek priest gave me has an eight pointed cross on it. the explanation is simple: of all the global orthodox communities, russian orthodoxy is by far the biggest and most influential. it's not like the eight point cross is haram in other orthodox lands or anything, it's just that they have their own crosses

Meant for

Fisheaters.com

Summa Theologica's Quinque Viae.

They aren't Brazilian though.

It's SUPPOSED to be nuclear armageddon + the rapture.

>It places too much emphasis on physical ritualism and sacraments, rather than internal spiritual fulfilment
i love doing what i know my ancient christian roman catacombed poped relatives were doing. i even like doing it in latin. bad catholics like me do it in latin. we still out here.

>focuses too much on the Church as an institution
because it is. one true institution. jesus is proud. peter is happy. god wills it.

>assuming that the only one to whom God speaks directly is the Pope which is just retarded
another prottie branded assumption. i understand the prottie theology having spent time in lutheran church. this is just prottie branding and catholics saying, "well ya why not have a pope?" the pope doesn't really speak for me, especially the current faggot. the church has faggot popes in the past. it happens, and sucks. he will burn. we will move on.

>identity as a Catholic and is dogmatic in its own interpretations
non-catholics are too obsessed with being anti-catholic and are too relaxed in their interpretations. but that's just what this hissing snake speaking in tongues told me. ya. catholics iz duh devil cuz dey worship saints but dis snake dat we worshipin n hissin tonges at ain't da devil!

>stagnating any scientific or social change
the greatest education system in the world is catholic. the best unis all around are catholic. catholic education is the only thing keeping the west afloat.

>Kierkegaardian Lutheranism
pussy cucky shiet

don't fap to my waifu! she is pure and innocent

thats sick and perverted and pedophiliac that this cartoon even exists

lets be honest

I've wanted to join the Catholic Church for a long time, but I was raised by atheists. Anyone who thinks that being raised by atheists is any different than being raised by religious fundamentalists is retarded. It's the opposite side of the same coin. Whereas in most families people are shunned and ridiculed for leaving the religion of their parents, in mine you face the same treatment for having any religious faith whatsoever.

I want to join the Church but I just don't know where to start. I currently go to Lutheran church with my wife's family.

Those are literally the best to ruin. Do not deny this

This is true.
That might be why they fap to her.

In september you can start attending RCIA classes, and if you like what you hear, at Easter Vigil you can get baptised and confirmed!

FAK U

>pedophiliac
are you saying Christ chan is a loli? i always thought she was in her 20's

There's a character in Shin Megami Tensei with that exact description.

What do the RCIA classes consist of, if you know?

it's the only thing protestcucks get to nail.

read the bible first while keeping in mind the age and the culture in which it was written