Net Nutrality

So John Oliver is saying that net neutrality is fucked unless internet subcultures like us can do something about it?

Since this site is about freedom of speech...

... what do guys think?

Not your personal army redditfag.

As much as I dislike Jon Oliver, he is right about that.
Unless the internet gets together like we did during the SOPA/PIPA/ACTA fiasco in like 2011, then we will be screwed out of net neutrality.

Unfortunately the internet is too obsessed with 9001 different genders and welcoming refugees instead.

Also, free speech is hate speech and racist now

Once more with these fucking threads. . . .

NOT
YOUR
PERSONAL
ARMY

Okay, but don't get mad when I call you a Cυck

if they truly fuck with something i have no doubt every ounce of dirt will be dug up and they will be slandered and/or blackmailed into submission. also john oliver is a fucking fag who should be deported to saturn

>John Oliver not repetitively yammering about Donald Trump

This isn't personal, dipshit.

Is appointing Ajit Pai, who will gut net neutrality and restore the Internet back to the people, the greatest achievement of the Obama administration.

Yes

i don't give a fuck....i do not seek advice from entertainers who have liberal mindsets and are being paid to shill.....

Well, since he's a liberal, we automatically hate him and everything he stands for (even if it's what we stand for). What a conundrum!

absolute fucking retards

FINE JOHN.
i'll do it, but only cause i want to do it.. not because you asked...

Maybe just maybe if he wasn't such a huge fag and mentioned Sup Forums and asked me to be your personal fucking shitposter, maybe i would of done something

DAY
OF
THE
RAKE

WTF I hate net neutrality now

>2017
>listening to John Oliver

Net neutrality is retarded

both positions on the net neutrality debate are absolutely pants-on-head retarded

i do not wish to see either corporations able to do exactly as they wish upon a mostly hostage market, and i CERTAINLY do not wish for the federal gub'mint to have more power over the internet

all that needs to be done is easy, simple legislation drawn up preventing telecoms from offering tiered serviced in which certain sites are throttled to hell or denied access to based upon your purchased package

thats fucking ALL

Kys

Autistic beyond words

I did it John. For old times sake.

>wtf I hate net neutrality now
Honestly if John Oliver said "we must preserve the white race" Sup Forums would have their dick in a black girl before you could say "current year"

stop watching shit "shows"
stop watching shit "people"
stop watching shit that mentions Sup Forums

We'd just laugh as his own audience lynched him on camera.

Be deeply suspicious of anything that faggot advocates for.

b-but this affects you too?

Since when did we start giving a fuck about what John Oliver thinks?

As much of a cuck as he is, killing net-neutrality has no upside to it

Yep. T_D is the embodiment of this autism.

As YouTube and Google continue their overreach of power, net neutrality continues to mean less. They control the flow of information and money (ad revenue), so only (((endorsed))) opinions can afford to compete in the market of ideas.

What is absolutely necessary to go along with net neutrality are free speech laws that prohibit content providers from selectively pulling ads from what (((advertisers))) deem inappropriate, and prohibit search engines from being influenced for political reasons, which Google especially has been doing.

I think John Oliver should kill himself.

If he wants it it must be bad.

baka you really goin around pasting this on multiple boards? gtfo

He's a fucking retard but we already pay for internet why the fuck should isp's earn money from different company's while slowing my shit down.

Pfft shut up faggot we were already doing that. In fact its already done. Stop being such a little bitch.

Fucking reddit I swear these clowns don't know anything.

Why is reddit lumped in with Sup Forums as the dark nazi hate machine of the internet? Reddit is nothing but puppy gifs and liberal circle jerking.

You think taking away net neutrality gives the internet back to the people? You're a fucking retard.

>2017
>Not being able to put aside partisan bullshit to realise an actual threat

all you cucks getting triggered in this thread

yeah and? we have cats and this is a board of peace. what's your point?

The_Donald and the nazi alt right have long taken over reddit. It's no different than Sup Forums now. Only thing now stemming the tide is /r/neoliberal.

you think more regulation will help? you're even more retarded

>an actual threat
if my internet gets faster and cheaper over the next ten years despite no "net neutrality" regulations, Im gonna kick your ass

Actually neck yourself not even joking

>current year
>greentext

If net neutrality becomes a thing

You will see the greatest doxx of all time.

You will be shown the final truth

You cannot summon Sup Forumss mystic autism at the drop of a hat. We need a sacrifice and John Olivers head would make a fitting offering to Kek

>If net neutrality becomes a thing
It has been a thing for years. Learn your stuff.

>i already do
feels good, black chicks with white features is GOAT, especially if they have curly hair

This post point is basically complaining that John Oliver make jokes and it's not fair to do that.

Not your personal army you snaggle toothed cum guzzler.

They don't want to be involved in your shitty larping sesh reddit

No the point it's making is that Oliver is a propagandist who is conditioning his audience to believe whatever he wants while he hides from criticism behind an increasingly flimsy "lol it's just comedy bro don't be so serious" excuse.

can someone explain what the fuck is net neutrality to me like i'm a retarded monkey?

Comcast wants to charge you twice to use your top speed on any website you want

Net neutrality means no regulation you nog

>government attempting to regulate the internet like a public utility is not regulation

A FUCKING LEAF

>net NEUTRALITY
>as in politically NEUTRAL
literally the fucking opposite of regulation

>but guys theres a good word in the name for it
lmao fuk off fag

>t Oliver is a propagandist who is conditioning his audience to believe whatever he wants
Except he always present fact and make clear when what he says is his opinion.
>while he hides from criticism behind an increasingly flimsy "lol it's just comedy bro don't be so serious"
This is an old copy past argument used agaisnt John Steward that stopped being relevant years ago and that never applied to John Oliver. He has never denied he was serious when he supported something, joke or not.

I want the US to get 95% of all internet revenue, to be dispersed as tax rebates to homeowners because fuck everybody. We invented it. We should also bomb China back to the stone age so they can't pirate our tech and drop anthrax on Toronto, Vancouver and Winnepeg to show the world we're serious.

Is it opposite day or something?

There is also good concept:
All websites should benefit form the same speed.

Cable company want to litteraly shake off sheckles from internet business to guarantee highspeed access.

Removing Net Neutrality will kill concurrency.

What's bad about net neutrality?

next he'll want us to have TV licences

this

it forbid cables companies from racketing money out of internet businesses and prevent obscure website from becoming very slow.

>John Oliver
>Obama
>Soros
>Zuckerberger
>those sjw cucks at netflix
>amazon who is against us in every way

All these people support net neutrality...and im not supposed to be a little skeptical?

Didn't some court say they weren't gonna do any more hearings on net neutrality?

It's a false dilemma. Just introduce more competition into the isp sector.

John Oliver is a globalist cuck

When Comcast and time warner are against Net Neutrality, you are supposed to get sceptical against who want to end it.

Let's just be said that Sup Forums barely cover its bandwidth. It won't be able to cash out to not go at slug speed.

It's not personal you retard. It affects everyone, including you.

I never thought I'd see the day that Sup Forums bends over and lets their ISPs fuck them in the ass

fucking dammit
Sup Forums ruins everything for me
i admit, i liked last week tonight at first. i was still a blue pilled normie back then but even now i used to look back at that time and still laugh about the well written humour and great bantz of that show before it got stale because of him constantly talking about trump and the whole election thing, support for hillary and so on. at least i had fond memories of the past
and now i come to Sup Forums and i read this fucking bit of text and it makes so much fucking sense, every fucking word of it. and now i look back at the past and all i see is wasted time...
sincerely, fuck you

Even with more competition, imposing them all to provide the same speed to all website should remain.

>imposing them all to provide the same speed to all website should remain.
Why? If it were easy to make an ISP, the one that didn't do that shit would collect all the money the market has to offer.

>and now i come to Sup Forums and i read this fucking bit of text and it makes so much fucking sense
No, it doesn't.

The guy is just complaining that he is making joke while also preventing fact. That's it.

>shilling kike detected

At this point, Sup Forums is on the verge of opposing net neutrality just to spite these fucking assholes.
I don't think liberals realize how insanely obnoxious they are.

mmm yeah, I'm not convinced it will fuck us over.

if it does we can write to our congressmen and fuck the companies over.

>like i'm a retarded monkey?

You mean Brazilian?

this was a scam to ddos the FCC for investigating Colbert.

>Why?
It guarantee a mimnimal of service.
>the one that didn't do that shit would collect all the money the market has to offer.
Exactly, and kill off the market those who do, thus ending up once again in a racket system where internet business will have to pay racket money and no new startup will be able to emerge.

Ne Neutrality is in no way responsible for the lack of concurrency. Comcast and Timewarner are the one responsible for it and Net Neutrality didn't help them in any way.

>freedom of speech
>using private resources not public
Only way the internet wil ever truly have freedom of speech in America is if it's public. And no one wants fucking that.

Hello Schlomo
Nevermind, hi meme spouting newfriend

>I don't think liberals realize how insanely obnoxious they are.
Don't blame liberal for other's stupidity.

NN is just a tiny bandage that isn't even placed on the right wound. Gov't backed line monopolies are the real problem, not a company offering tiered service. If an ISP offers a plan that makes for faster YT and FB access then power to them. I'm just not going to get that package, personally. I'd like the actual possibility for another company to offer another kind of plan, one that suits me. Too bad you can't have that when the gubs don't let you lay down line, even if you have an agreement with the land owner.

kys kike

>like we did
top kek. you didn't do anything leaf

I'm not. I'm blaming liberals for their own stupidity.

Isn't net neutrality about throttling the Internet anyways? So someone playing WoW gets the same bandwith allocated to them as someone using it perform open heart surgery with a robot on the other side of the planet?

>omg lets protect teh internets

this is literally V for Vendeta anonymous 2006 faggotry

How many times have we pushed back and made them back off of this, only for it to try to be slipped thru again, over and over and over...

How about we push for a law that says anyone caught trying to ever slip anything even remotely related to this thru, they'll be stripped of their position and spend the rest of their life in prison.

And we push it through. And we enforce it.

What reason would you have to believe that?

Above all politics, Sup Forums is in it to cause chaos.

Why not make the okay symbol racist? Why not fire Colbert for some tame joke? Why not go after [CURRENT YEAR] man?
It's funny.