Why is Sup Forums so strictly against cannabis use?

Why is Sup Forums so strictly against cannabis use?

I get that hardcore stoners who sit around all day, hanging on a bong like it was keeping them alive are a disgrace, but not all cannabis consumers are like that.

There's a difference between having a glass of wine or beer at dinner and getting batshit wasted every other day as well. So why treat cannabis consumers like they are all addicts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DK4FTvaW_6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tvC1WCdV1XU&list=PLAE85DE8440AA6B83
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's for underaged fags

Sup Forums is a bunch of statists.

I live in a state where pot is legal. It's more than a little infuriating when you're buying something at Home Depot and the guy ringing you up can't find the bar code that is right in front of his face. Stupid stoners

Personally, I just dont like the way it smells.

How exactly do you draw a correlation between having a relaxed evening with music to enjoying sexual intercourse with another man?

corporate exec here that smokes weed every day (after work) and will be forever more successful than all of you

Being stoned on the job is just as respectless towards customers and your employer as being drunk. If I were that guy's boss, I'd fire him on the spot.

Do Americans really roll joints like that?
Doesn't that burn all the paper away?

Sup Forums is a weird mix of uptight traditionalist kind of christian conservative types, nerdy anti-everything types who ruin alcohol discussion with "it's disgusting how can anyone like this" type comments, and actual stoned degenerates

I started smoking weed to get off of meth.
Its been over 3 years now.
I have always been productive and now I create things.
Fuck off with your no weed shit user.

People going to work stoned should be penalized like people going to work drunk.
Was there no regulation on that type of things?

I'm not a fan of alcohol, but if consumed in moderation, go for it.

I only get pissed if you vomit on my shoes.

I've never met anyone in the USA that puts in that roach / filter or w/e I've seen euros do. Murrikans also don't mix in tobacco.

hell no, whoever took that pic is retarded
we roll blunts or use bongs, some use papers but its rare

Degeneracy

I think weed is only okay if used moderately, like if you come home after a long week of work and wanna get stoned and watch some TV, that's fine. Or even if you're going on a Picnic with your wife and you wanna smoke up a joint, that's fine too. But lazy shit heads that smoke it 24/7 since they have nothing else to do should be sent to labor camps

Because you're a faggot who came here from Sup Forums and has never gotten laid. weeds for underaged fags

I completely agree. Responsible consumption in moderation is absolutely fine in my opinion.

Fucked up stoners who can't last a full day without smoking a blunt can go die in a ditch for all I care

>t. LARP

Using any kind of mind altering chemical is considered degeneracy on Sup Forums.

The thing is, it's just another vice for one to become enslaved to.
I agree, it's possible for it to be consumed in moderation, but the culture that's grown around it is about anything but moderation.
Simply put, most pot smokers are degenerates, and are on the lib-left side of the compass.

Don't forget that Sup Forums is one person, and that one person is a non-functioning autistic, and a borderline Amish who watched his girlfriend get fucked by a tattooed, potsmoking, black Muslim. Anything that isn't morally super conservative doesn't fly.

Why though?

The attitude it generally comes bundled with is detrimental to productivity and usefulness, as well as spiritual health.

see

>he filters the marijuanas

Our entire western culture poromotes anything but moderation. Buy the biggest house/car/watch/phone you (can't) afford! Live in immense debt to buy tons of shit you don't need.

Nobody even remotely considers themselves responsible for their own actions anymore. That's the problem!

Just a picture I took off google. I don't smoke, I bake cookies. I just thought a joint would be most relatable visually

Weed is great in monthly sessions on/off. I can smoke straight everyday for 2/3 months and then give up cold turkey for 6 months. This has been going on for years now so its always upto your willpower and how well you can analyse your life to indulge in a vice.

Personally I'm getting paid bout 10grand US for 2 months work tomorrow so i guess I'll light up another joint

I've only used pipes so I have no idea

Because you pieces of shit have nasty "420 blaze it' culture and shove it down other people's throats. Not to mention that kids that smoke joints are instantly cooler than kids that don't, because you're a bunch of fucking retards.

I never advocate for cannabis consumption. I never leave the house stoned or get stoned a day before work.

You're absolutely right, and I don't think endorsing a vice is a good way to combat that culture.

That's respectable, but to be perfectly honest, you're the exception.

Medical Marijuana worker up in the northeast here.
I don't get stoned during the day,only when I get home/at night.
Because I watch the curing process of over a million dollars worth of cannabis.
Head grower makes 200k+ a year.
I have an associates in MechE
My future looks quite bright.

Who uses a filter for their joints? Faggots.

Choosing to take part in mind-altering drugs recreationally is a sign of weak will and mind.

stoners would be tolerable if they admitted weed was a vice like alcohol or tobacco, but every single one of them is an obnoxious faggot and swears it cures cancer and raises their iq.

It's the same with this "rape culture" bullshit. There is no rape culture.

What we have are a bunch of women who think it's absolutely fine to get wasted and then fuck with some random guy. Once they realize the mistake they made, they immediately need "someone else" to blame for - in that case, the man whom they had sex with.

It's the same with drug addicts. They blame everyone else, but never once consider that they themselves and their irresponsible behaviour are the reason their wife left them, their house belongs to the bank now and they are sleeping in a trainstation

Do you have anything to add to the discussion aside from that unverifiable appeal to authority?

That's a pathetic amount of weed for that joint, OP. Be ashamed.

Yes, sadly I feel that way.

So many kids out there go about yelling "lol weed lmao" and whatnot. They smoke pot in the bathroom stalls at school and then act like retards.

I think cannabis is just like alcohol or tobacco. I don't know about the medical properties of it (there are just no long-term clinical studies to really have any hard evidence), but just from a social standpoint these are comparable

Picture wasn't taken by me. I don't smoke weed, I bake cookies.

I just googled for a picture of a joint because it's more relatable than a cookie

This.

Again, OP is an exception to the rule, but it's still a rule. Keep in mind that we only get the least degenerate subsection of smokers on Sup Forums.

Most stoners are still in their "peace and love" hippy haze

"Dude...uhh...why don't we...uhm...just...like...you know...tolerate...each other...you know?"

I'm 37, wounded combat vet, married 2 kids, make $130k/year work 42 hours a week doing absolutely nothing for 8hrs a day while only actually work 1hr. I don't drink, smoke a bowl every night after kiddos go to bed, chill with wife watching tv and movies. Wake up up 5 days a week at 430am to lift weights for 1.5hrs. I'm jacked, love my job and family, I'm not on any meds from ((war))....weed saved my life, not even kidding.

why do you care what pol thinks?

Why not? Sup Forums has an interesting take on many topics. That doesn't mean I have ti agree with everything, but I'd at least like to understand the reasoning behind it

In other words: I'm not just a broken record player mindlessly repeating everything Sup Forums feeds me

Same here. Just cos some of you cant handle a job and your vices doesnt mean it adversely affects others.

The "muh degeneracy" meme is retarded according to these imbeciles anything resembling fun is "degenerate" fuck these losers.

If you're smoking weed and I know about it, it's degenerate. Get it, Cheech?

That's the problem. Not the vice itself, but the culture surrounding it. Especially in an anti-moderation culture such as ours. What we need to do, is create a culture that promotes moderation, willpower, self control, and suggests/incentives productivity and doing things with your hands besides smoking or jacking off. I guarantee you, if we could manage that, drugs would never be a problem.

There's a difference between a nigger and a black man.

There's a difference between a faggot and a gay man.

There's a difference between a drunkard and a man who drinks.

There is a difference between a pothead and someone who smokes weed.

Checked and agreed

t. someone who will never experience sexual intercourse with a beautiful woman while stoned

i work from home, freelance programmer, hobby game developer. i smoke weed every day, i make decent money, and i enjoy my job and live comfortably

used to have alot of sleep/anger issues until i started smoking too

>against cannabis use

Manboobs.

>t. Degenerate

(You) might just be right.

How's game development? I'm studying programming so I can achieve my lifelong dream of using some of my game ideas and the ideas from some idiots on Sup Forums, while dropping some redpills. Have you released anything yet?

>How's game development?

hell

>so I can achieve my lifelong dream of using some of my game ideas and the ideas from some idiots on Sup Forums, while dropping some redpills

same reason i'm in it... lol

>Have you released anything yet?

few years ago had some multiplayer games out, habbo clones. few other small games/demos, but i mainly did it for a hobby and didnt see it as a potential career until a few years ago

few months ago i ran a kickstarter campaign that failed, but i got over 4k people playing my game in a month which was pretty good for a guy whos never properly released anything before (antraxx.com if you want to check that out). it's still in development but my dayjob takes most of my time

honestly Sup Forums is full of retards using unity, don't follow their advice. seen some good ideas on there though, very rarely

also don't rely on school - they won't teach you what you need to know. go download a c++ compiler (gcc for example), get sublime text and go make some simple command line games

when you feel like you are proficient enough in c++, and this can be done in a month easy with some dedication and good tutorials, then try to learn opengl

the web > school for anything programming related, just google "c++ opengl tutorial"

I can second that. School is there to teach you how to make "business applications", aka. fancy dashboards for management.

Dedicated gamedev schools can be either a.) a cash grab, b.) 15 years outdated, c.) modern, relevant and just what you need.

I wouldn't bet my money

i took a gamedev course at a local college, they had a programming class and we didnt learn a single thing about game dev and the tutor had no idea. he said a double variable type in c++ is a decimal number to two points

we coded a theoretical tram/bus system, this assignment was set over the course of 4 weeks. i had it done in 4 hours

so glad i started self teaching myself to code when i was 10, so many opportunities

What sort of online gamedev courses or tutorials would you recommend?

reminder that the same way of thinking could apply to any kind of drug

You don't need pol's permission to smoke weed. In fact, their being against it should encourage you to do it. Pol/ is wrong about almost everything.

*cough cough*
youtube.com/watch?v=DK4FTvaW_6Q

I am LITERALLY smoking weed right now.

i'm not being sarcastic: google.com

you are your best tutorial, google will provide you with what you need if you ask

check this playlist

youtube.com/watch?v=tvC1WCdV1XU&list=PLAE85DE8440AA6B83

pls dont overuse literally because the definition will be changed

no drugs
no alcohol
no sex before marriage

>nu-pol: the post
go back to where you belong

You know you're a whiny bitch and nobody actually enjoys your company right?

If you have a problem with me smoking weed after coming home from work, you're a sad person and should relax more.
>not being libertarian

>I disagree with him so I'll call him nu-Sup Forums!

Not much different from if people showed up to work drunk

This is why Macron won

The problem with this kind of thinking is that usually you get to define where the line is between nigger/male - gay dude/faggot. It is usually drawn along where your sensitivities are offended and doesn't involve any form of compassion/empathy. You get to define how everyone else should behave, which is not fair to everyone else.

Creating an atmosphere that promotes moderation, a strong work ethic, and empowerement/tolerance is a better idea.

I don't think cannabis is very harmful or addictive (certainly no more so than cigarettes, which I also think are somewhat less harmful than the recent hysteria would have us believe).

The real reason I don't do cannabis is because I don't think that people who are regular users are cool. I'm not big into classifying people as degenerate, but I can totally see why most of Sup Forums would think that pot users are degenerate.

In the US, it's super popular among lefty fags who have a shit-ton of tattoos, stretched ears, and so on.

There are some right-leaning libertarians who are into pot, and I respect their choice, but I just don't find pot is for me.

I tried it maybe 5 times. Didn't enjoy the feeling, hated the smell. Also hated hanging out with most of the people who do it (with some exceptions of course).

I said literally none of those things.

>Sup Forums
>Anything like the left

aslong as you don't try enforce your views on others, that's a perfectly acceptable stance and infact is my exact stance on alcohol

left/right wing doesnt matter, alot of people on both sides and the center smoke weed just dont broadcast it on instagram for attention

im a kike and i smoke weed everyday and make 150k a year come at bro

you know the nazis were left, right?

give me your jew gold

Sup Forums is not your personal blog, faggot, you don't make the rules.

*jew gold sent*

why do you think stoners want to legalize weed? so they can legally be stoned all day every day, user

>Hurr durr muh elite special club

fuck off

The problem is moderation. We have none.

>a little booze is okay
>a little weed is okay

My town is one of drunkards. Alcoholism is a serious problem. Almost everyone here smokes almost every night. I can smell that shit in the air walking around my neighbourhood.

They're fat, they're stupid, they're lazy and they're complacent.

My grandfather showed me pictures of the town before it (literally) degenerated. Clean, properly paved roads. Beautiful infrastructure. Respectable working class men and women dressed proper.

There wasn't a liquor store on every corner.
There weren't stupid med/vape stores next to our grocery stores.
We didn't have sex shops or gibs centers.
We didn't have crack shacks with natives pumping out 4-5 kids every third spirit moon.

Shit is fucked. I hate weedfags just as much as I hate drunkards but they're a small part of it.

We need moderation and respectability again.

What fucking board have you been going to? Like 80% of board, especially Americans and Canadians are alcoholics/junkies/(((psychonauts))) that regularly tell stories of their crippling addictions to benzos or drinking a handle of vodka a day.

The most vocal anti-drug fags are usually eastern Europeans or rando small countries with extreme drug laws.