Face it environmental fags...Nuclear is the only clean energy worth a shit

Face it environmental fags...Nuclear is the only clean energy worth a shit.

You can take your solar panels and shove them up your ass.

google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/thorium-molten-salt-reactors-sorensen-lftr-2017-2

Other urls found in this thread:

nei.org/Issues-Policy/Protecting-the-Environment
youtube.com/watch?v=-Yss1iugyGY
econvergence.net/The-Pedal-A-Watt-Bicycle-Generator-Stand-s/1820.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can't you see the pollution from the smoke stacks you fucking retard?

> can't you see the pollution from the smoke stacks you fucking retard?
That's steam.
Fucking yank.

>>Can't you see the (((steam))) from the stacks
nei.org/Issues-Policy/Protecting-the-Environment

B-but nuclear energy will blow up the entire universe, because nuclear bombs!
No, we MUST continue to nag people about how they're destroying the environment by not driving smart cars and using solar panels! It's the only way!

Forget those things produce far more carbons to produce than Nuclear....

And that a Thorium-based reactor can't melt down

Why not use both? Nuclear can be used for mass consumption while solar is more to reduce personal energy costs in private homes.

Goy....we must invest in solar

May I suggest a nice low interest loan?

b--b-b-but what about the nuclear waste?! Think of the future we'll leave for our children!

Problem is the most direct, already proven and scalable solution is right in our face and pretty much ready (barring some renewed efforts in engineering), but we're overlooking it for illogical reasons.

Honestly Solar and Wind are good backups but to scale efficiently you're gonna need a more robust system

we need Energon cubes

But I believe that BECAUSE I am an Environmental Fag.

what do with the waste that is toxic for 10k years? Only problem i have...other than the retard design of putting the cooling tank for spent rods over the reactor so if there an accident it well...

We gotta go Nuclear, user

Thorium uses 99% of its radioactivity during power production, so it's storage period is only 300 years, not 10K like current nuclear.
Also let's launch that shit into space. Let the Martian fags deal

Muh will blow, only niggers can blow a nuclear power plant, like drunk slavs.
What burgers teach in his schools? This!

It takes a lot to even get something into earth's orbit and a lot more to be able to escape that orbit. Better to just bury it. There's a lot of space underground.

Solar is fine just not economically feasible and the panels are inefficient. We literally built a working Thorium reactor in the 60's.

Bury it in a field in north dakota, or in Nevada Air Force range desert. Grind it up and send it down the gas wells with the fracking chemicals.

because that's not how any of this works

Dear God I'm happy I went to private school.

Live in PA under a massive area of natural gas. People in the rural parts leased land to gas companies and now driving in Mercedes's like dumb niggers who just found money

This nip's got it. Carbon nanotube panels in phones meaning you never have to charge them.

not if you don't give a shit about the integrity of the payload. just fire it out of a big cannon. roughly how much mass do we need to get rid of?

Can we actually make a cannon that powerful?

I'd assume we can, but at what point do the diminishing returns of saving cash from shuttle launches vs the amount of fuel needed to just shoot the shit out of orbit kick in.

The amount of velocity you'd need to exit orbit and go into space would be massive. Doubtful that would be an option. Best hope of any of that is a reusable rocket system like SpaceX

Energy cost of making solar panels is higher than they produce during a long period of time

Nuclear is the whites dead mans switch. How will the browns run nucelar plants? They wont and they will die off because of it. Consider it insurance or a salt earth policy. Kys browns.

WE WUZ SCIENTIZTS N SHEEEIT

If you want to break it out of orbit, it needs to be going ~7 miles per second. That's ~37,000 feet per second. A 204 ruger is close to, if not the fastest SAMMI cartridge out there, and its highest velocity is ~4200fps. An M829 projectile fired out of an M1 Abrams is moving at around ~5000fps.

What do you think?

So you're saying there's a chance

The problem is that nobody seems to be able to build one without running into massive cost overruns and delays.

See also: Westinghouse bankruptcy (due to APR-1000 cost overruns), massive delays at Olkiluoto and Flamanville EPRs (9 years and counting)

No one here disagrees

I have solar panels . And i pay 0 euro to the electric company jews

Solar along with batteries is actually a great source of energy. Combined with wind and hydro also feeding the batteries you can have extremely reliable and environmentally friendly energy.

Fuck ya!

I was watching the Tesla battery stations they're starting to develop. Say it can be competitive to Nuclear but still need a shit ton of panels and the costs are still higher. Not to mention you need relatively good sun to maintain efficiencies, not all places are like that

The thing with these battery stations is, unlike gas stations, they can be hooked into the grid and discharge into the grid during high demand and recharge during low demand, letting power plants operate more efficiently

there's a lot of knock-on benefits from widespread battery storage that don't become obvious until it's here

That's why I said combined with wind and hydro. If the sun isn't shining then hopefully the wind is blowing and if neither are effective than you have the hydro to back it up along with all the extra power stored in the batteries.

A note on clean energy:

I've been a registered republican for as long as I could vote, and certainly don't consider myself an environmentalist, but solar energy is the future user.

Nuclear is a good intermediate step, and an ideal supplemental source, but ultimately solar energy will be our salvation, purely for the fact that it's free and limitless - we just need better methods to collect and store it.

SpaceX is perfecting re-usable rockets as we speak. Soon, we'll be able to launch spent fuel rods into space at a cost-per-kilogram that's a fraction of the cost now.

Nuclear waste could be a non-issue within a decade or two - power plants could commission private rockets to shoot them out into our solar system.

see

Please kill yourself retard.

There are certain, shall we say, chosen people that might prevent unlimited free energy

>There are certain, shall we say, chosen people that might prevent unlimited free energy

Are you saying that the recent rockafeller death was a part f a scam to lead Sup Forums into rothschild slavery?

That's steam, stupid burger.

Solar panels are fantastic for individual use you dumb cuck. A self sufficient populous is happy and productive

A lot of lefties and environmentalists are in favour of Thorium.

Lets play "Bait or retarded"

Low quality bait if so

holy shit

on behalf of burgers, i apoligize for this autism

Praise digits

youtube.com/watch?v=-Yss1iugyGY

Likewise.

A sad day for us burgers

Yeah, because they think they can jam it in a car and drive forever

fpbp

Smug liberals be like
>Your old Prius isn't as efficient as my Nuclear Prius.

MUH SOLAR AND WIND WILL OVERTAKE ALL OTHER ENERGY

>being this new

Thorium and nuclear enegery is the future. Gd feds and leftists are actually causing more harm

I'm not trying to say that Solar can't be done, or in small batches

>However

Nuclear is the only option for wide-scale use. It has safety to it, and we can adopt it.

Totally agree. But can any Sup Forumslack give me an update on the recent developments on

1. Disposing nuclear waste
2. Thorium reactors
3. Nuclear fusion reactors

>Smoke Stacks
>Americans in charge of anything
fuck's sake, I've never seen a nuclear reactor in my life and we don't even have any, yet I know more about them than you.

>Hey guys, we got these reactors that don't melt down and are safe
>They also make zero emission and have a much more stable byproduct that takes less time to get rid of its radiation
>OH it's also 10x more efficient than existing nuclear
>OH it uses a far more available substance than existing nuclear
>Did I mention we built one in the 60's

But it doesn't make people feel good so we won't do it.

Oh farts...

He doesn't speak for all us burgers, and we currently male 10% of our electricity off atoms

>Solar is the future

Cool, so you're basically paying to maintain 3x the current capacity. Sounds efficient.

You can make a better argument about a bunch of people peddling on stationary bikes that create energy being more efficient than solar from that perspective

>give pedal bikes that generate power to fatties
>hook up to batteries that feed grid
>Solve electricity problem and obesity problems with same thing
econvergence.net/The-Pedal-A-Watt-Bicycle-Generator-Stand-s/1820.htm

DRUMPFTARDS BTFO!

Please consider it you fuck wit