What was life like in the mid 80's/ and 90's? Were things really much better...

What was life like in the mid 80's/ and 90's? Were things really much better? Could people work shitty jobs and still get by unlike now?

How was it without everyone's head buried in a smart phone or tablet?

inb4 disney world 7-11 video

Yea already saw that.

Things were the same but you bought less. 1 phone bill, cable if you had money.

I was 18 yrs old in 1992 and it was a better quality of life for most. It seemed as though money fell from the sky, partying and vacationing was cheap and it was still cool to be a white American. People gathered and socialized more in person, and just seemed less angry and bitter back then, too. I miss those days.

It really wasn't that different, but a bit better economically and morally. Think more commercial, less SJW. Shit was already heading this way for those aware but sharing info was difficult

Would you go back to those times if you could?

The Internet ruined the world.

shit hit the fan during the last recession and the housing bubble

before that you could afford property everywhere except nyc and san fran

now everywhere is fucked that has jobs because you can't afford a house. few companies are raising salaries

It was way different back then. I had aol when I was like 9

Absolutely but I think I'd go back to 1950's

When people could lie to you about stupid bullshit and you couldn't fact check. Reh

When you wanted to play with your friends you would go to their house and knock on their door.

If you missed your favorite tv show that week... tough shit, you just had to pray for a rerun at some point or another.

Kids had a lot more freedom to roam than they seem to these days.

45 here

My friends and I could drive around all weekend on $1 worth of gas

Movie tickets were $4

An 8th of weed cost $20

Things were a lot better. The food you got at a restaurant or even McDonalds was much higher quality and it was cheaper

There were also far fewer Mexicans and quality of life was much higher.

It depends in where you lived, Where I lived people were way more open to conversations in public transport

The economy and products were way better. White men used to be the predominate guys you would see building homes through out most USA. Now its all a bunch of dirty shitsaskins in many of those construction type fields. You used to get what you paid for. Now they use cheap shitshaskins products and materials and still jack up the price. So some elitist can fuck over his community and nation to make a buck for them self.

Me too user. I don't know what made everyone so angry. Most of the anger came from liberals and blacks

You went out a lot more, because there was nothing to do and no way to talk to people unless you had a shitty 300bps modem and dialed an STS chat BBS.

I went out almost every night, and it was always a crazy party or weird hackerspace and you didn't need any money. Now everything is some kind of shilled commercial nonsense selling a product.

It was also much, much more violent. If you were in your teens in the 1990s you had no phone, no way to get backup, and freq had to walk everywhere meaning you got in fights on a regular basis getting jumped by all those faggots in the height of gangster rap era.

You also had to grab your testicles and phone girls, often talking to their parents or (douchebag) older brothers for a few minutes until you got to the girl. It taught you to be actually social instead of a total poof trying to pick up girls on facecuck or tindercuck

there was not such a demand for instant gratification. the standard of living was lower because people lived within their means. most people did not demand that everyone else agree with them. phones were connected to walls

I'm sorry Jew... The goyum know and you can't shut it down!

People were more happy in general but it was still crazy violent. I remember we nicknamed 7-11 "Seven-eLebanon" because it was a total warzone with like every retard trying to fight you after dark

the 80's were awesome but I was a kid then, so I had that natural happiness

>wore clothes backwards
>inside out was wac

normies on the internet ruined the world

Also not to mention the very large amount of bored Latchkey Kids, hanging out with friends during school nights

In part, I agree that the internet has played a role, but I think there was a larger societal view of things that were different. Back then, you weren't taught to be afraid of so many issues, or to be so withdrawn. Today, everything is a major problem, and many have built in excuses and diagnosed crutches as to why they cant socialize.

When we were in school, most saw their future in an optimistic way, many did feel they could conquer everything and anything. Today, most seem so bleak and negative about their future.There has certainly been a different method of conditioning new generations...and it has not been positive.

>Born just in time to witness the chink invasion of Australia
>Have to move to another state away from my family if I ever want to buy my own house

Feels pretty bad man. I'm envious of people who bought property before the chink invasion

When I went back to university a few years ago I discovered that zero kids were enrolled in any kind of clubs like the radio station because they were too busy "networking" trying to pursue their riches. That didn't exist when I dropped out of university in 1999, nobody except a very select few wannabe lawyers were chasing money back then but now it's like everybody is a salesman and trying to get rich.

No. I want things to get more cyber. Cryptocurrencies and p2p networks are things we only dreamed of in sci Fi and an an-cap heaven. One day you normies will get off the Jew paper and come to solid math and cryptography.

>just want a decent stable job that I enjoy
>can live comfortably on $30k so anything past that is for investing or whatever
>don't care about networking memes
I'd be just fine administering a data center in the middle of nowhere and just being left alone the rest of my life

Came of age in the 90s. It was boring, but I would say better.

Blacks were a lot more mellow. They had just gotten the LA Riots out of their system. Hispanics were more of a punch line than a demographic menace.

Honestly, we thought the biggest threat to our existence was Timothy McVeigh, and some guy named Slobodan killing Muzzies somewhere in Eastern Europe.

That we could be so naïve tells you something about how good we had it.

I remember going to school in the 90s, and things still seemed pretty optimistic. Then 9/11 happened my junior year and it feels like that optimistic future was stolen from us. Later on, when I was in college and a year and a half from graduation, the crash of 2008 pretty much buttfucked the job market right as I was about to get into it. I'm fucking sick of these Jew bankers orchestrating the downfall of our civilization, soon they are going to push us too far and end up hanging disemboweled from streetlights.

The internet was used to ruin the world

Born in 1976 here. As a kid in the 80s you were outside most of the day, weather permitting. Bike rides, sports in a field, tree forts in the bush. All phone numbers were memorized. Saturday mornings were the only time siblings and I had control of the TV, and we woke up at 6am and watched cartoons until 11 or so. In school, geeks and fags would get beat up by jocks and preps. The were rivalries with other local schools. It was survival of the fittest. Testing was usually handwritten answers, then computer scored multiple choice came in. If you needed information you went to the library. If you wanted a job, you got dressed up and walked around all day going to places dropping off resumes and asking to talk to people. Hobbies were more widespread and very few people claimed to be singers or artists.
In the 90s a lot of people got into Nintendo and Sega systems and stopped going outside. The internet came into the home from school and became an entertainment device. Cell phones became more affordable and more common to see. Pervs came out of the woodwork. New Age religions proliferated. The authority of major media started to break down. Reality TV became popular.