Are seasteading or undersea colonization possible? Would they be worth the initial cost...

Are seasteading or undersea colonization possible? Would they be worth the initial cost? Would they be a possible way to create nearly all-white communities?

Other urls found in this thread:

meshbuzz.com/plans-first-flying-skyscraper-dubai/
youtube.com/watch?v=AQggo3AfP30
seasteading.org/
animalplanet.com/tv-shows/mermaids/videos/camera-captures-mermaid-on-diving-vessel/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_gradient
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grow_light
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

see bioshock

No point.
Just build large space ship and leave this gay-nigger earth.

The problem is that there is no economic viability, unlike the far more complex space-based stations.

You know how scientists are always clamoring about how we know more about outer space then we do our own oceans?

Maybe there is a fucking reason for that
1. The ocean sucks
2. Who wants to be around some faggy fish
3. Fuck salt

Let me explain to you something Sup Forums
We never need to explore our fucking oceans because theres nothing cool down there
So dont you go looking because your going to waste your time my time and humanities time

I dont understand why anyone would wanna go check out that bullshit

If you wanna get the same experience just go to the deepend of the pool or a pond and its the same exact shit just deeper

I repeat there is nothing cool in our unexplored oceans and aint nobody got time to find it out

There are tons of valuable metals in high concentrations in many parts of the ocean.

>We never need to explore our fucking oceans because theres nothing cool down there

FUCKU U, WHARE
ANDA FUCKU U, DORPHEEN

WE MERMAIDS NOW

But why would it require a local colony for extraction?

Need quantum computers

yea lets live someplace that can be destroyed by one muslim with a drill. flucking dummy op.

Floating cities is the way to go.

>I repeat there is nothing cool in our unexplored oceans and aint nobody got time to find it out

sounds like something a fish person would say.

at what point in planning on fleeing underwater to a have an all white village do you realize theres an easier way

>WE MERMAIDS NOW

kek

I think you mean flying buildings.
meshbuzz.com/plans-first-flying-skyscraper-dubai/

WHAT YOU SAYING IS
*flicks fins*
WE
*swims in circle*
BE
*hides*
FISHMEN NOW?

. Fuck salt
youtube.com/watch?v=AQggo3AfP30

That's a bad idea. High cost, very vulnerable, isolated

with our technology its possible, BUT we need a reason to go down there
maybe if someone found a big gold vein you can bet many corporations will develop underwater mining habitats

or you could just restrict immigration and live on land.

I don't know, I was just saying there is at least some impetus, odds are mining bots could do it, it'd be useful more for research purposes than anything.
> with our technology its possible
Eh, extremely doubtful IMO, creating a pressure dome for that thing would be extremely hard right now.

These folks seem to think so: seasteading.org/

Unfortunately they've been saying "seasteading is right around the corner!" for, like, a brazilian years now and it hasn't come close to happening. Maybe my great grandchildren will see it.

Are the nips hiding something underwater?

Basically this. Cheaper and more effective to go to space.

their children

It is definitely more feasible than colonising Mars or build a Venus air ship.

On the other hand there is still so much land that is not used correctly because it is inhabited by communists, arabs or niggers.

Cthulhu shill pls go, we know the fish people and the old gods are down there

1. Mermaids are real.
2. The bottom of the ocean is their territory and they will fuck you up effortlessly with psycho magic and strength you wouldn't believe.

nice try you stingray fucking shit.

i wont forget what you did to Steve Erwin, every last one of you will fucking pay

nice try aquaman

Why not both?

What if the pressure cracks the glass, though?

I think underground cities are the future. Safe from bombs, a lot more space and controllable temperature so it's never too hot or cold.

>What if the pressure cracks the glass, though?
dont use glass?

What else would you use?

Fuck no i like seeing the sun. Living underwater would be depressing

It's actually where aliens hide.

>Build all white communities under the sea
>Get torpedoed by "diversity groups"
>Community sabotaged by traitors that infiltrated the community as seen in universities across America
>Minorities bomb you because you're racist and suffer no consequences

The only chance for all white communities is to leave the planet and destroy all space travel research, data and vehicles before leaving so the minorities and traitors can't follow you.

Underwater Japanese Gundam base confirmed.

What would be the point? Unless we fuck up the atmosphere or the radiation from the sun increases 21312 percent and force us to take cover under a mile of water its just pointless. Just build a huge fucking raft and put a city on that if you run out of place on land.

Not that is likely seeing as we have huge desert that we could put asphalt on and build over.

Not even meming you here
>transparent aluminium

It is actually a thing

You just played Bioshock for the first time, didn't you?

>yfw islamists hijack a submarine to run it into the dome

It'd have to be something with flexibility to it.

Except for FUCKING MERMAIDS!

animalplanet.com/tv-shows/mermaids/videos/camera-captures-mermaid-on-diving-vessel/

Thanks for the read burgerbro.

earth is flat

Oh fuck, They would actually do it too!

your mom's flat

Your mom's round as a ball.

>nip terrified of Godzilla

god bless america!

t. Cthulhu

FICK DICH WAAAAAAAL UND FICK DICH DELFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

>Eh, extremely doubtful IMO, creating a pressure dome for that thing would be extremely hard right now.
Depends on how deep you want to build your colony

how would you prevent an earthquake to completely obliterate one of those cities ?

>tfw no mermaid gf
Why even live?

How do you say "a fucking leaf" in your native language?

I've never played Bioshock but I know the story about it, basing your ideas about how things would play out based on a fictional video game narrative is pretty stupid though desu, especially considering it would basically have to operate as a collectivist commune for practical resource reasons and couldn't be Objectivist like Andrew Ryan wanted.

where do I put my dick in?
or do I have to wait for her to lay her eggs and cum all over it?

You wont after they kill you.

Shut the fuck up Cthulhu

nigs are afraid of water

Well memed

How deep does the great deep go ?

This tbqh.

The only cool shit in the ocean is shit we've left there ourselves like sunken vessels from the past.

or just claim to be russian. or east eu in general. then everyone thinks you are naturally prone to evil and cruelty and leaves you alone.

Protestants were a mistake.

I want one of those.

mankind probably could if we really wanted to but its too difficult to be worth it.
living underground on the other hand...
get electricity from deep earth steam and with electricity comes artificial sunlight. can make plants and everything. one of the best parts is that you don't need to spend much on heat, one km down and you have all the heat you need.

Bring the sea to the space and have an underwater city inside the space ship. Solves the radiation problem of deep space while accomplishing best parts of both plans.

Some parts of the ocean have a higher concentration of rare earth metals than any terrestrial deposit on the planet. What makes that even more important is that China, and soon-to-be Chinese colony countries in Africa have a virtual monopoly on rare earth metals.

a city
under the ocean
in a cave
in a spaceship

sauce pls

kys

Just...Why?

nip are you afraid somebody might find tons and tons of your nuclear and other dangerous waste when exploring ocean?

heat and depth
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_gradient
planting using artificial light
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grow_light
the pic is some shit i found on google after searching for underground civilization

The Nazis had the right idea by setting up shop in Antacrtica, we should have kept our grip on that continent for our bases. Russia and China are beating us to the punch.

kek when a cruise ship crashes into an iceberg and then sinks on this thing.

Just curious, I like the idea of exploring, I enjoy practical thought experiments, etc.
Don't build them around places with icebergs?

it would probably be better if it was floating in the water or the surface

Can we chuck an large asteroid at earth after you leave?

How do we prevent them from obliterating normal cities? You'd need some creative engineering solutions that I can't know off the top of my head due to specialized knowledge, you could possibly employ some water-based shock-absorption system.

Icebergs literally float around evrywhere.

build it somewhere earthquakes don't happen on a harmful level

>not taking the venus pill

Well the simple solution for non-retards is to avoid icebergs like ships easily could. The second is to state that you're wrong and that the North Atlantic is the only place where a large iceberg population intersects with major world shipping lanes. Tell me about all of the icebergs around the equator.

Arent we prioritizing where the resources are to build this which doesn't care about where icebergs are?

>no suburban house
>no cars and highways
>no free trade
>no small business
>no private enterprise
>no private health insurance
>no innovation
>no gunns

fuck off lenin

Uh, I think? Did you have a stroke while typing that?

This thread is comfy af

There's nothing stopping any of that, it's just pragmatic facts about the environment make much of it hard/impossible.
>no suburban house
Space constraints, with a big enough place people could have houses though.
> no cars and highways
If you built it dense it would be better for people to bike/walk around anyway, which would be healthier, but again if it were bigger I'd see no reason to ban or disallow it, it just wouldn't be necessary nor effective. There is also the possibility of flooded streets, getting around inside and outside in a system of pseudo-canals on something like personal minisubmarines like motorcycles but in water, etc.
>no free trade
I never said anything about that, if anything trade between an undersea colony and the above world would be good and necessary, they could produce things like maritime research, aquaculture food products like algae and seaweed, fish, mine rare earth metals, etc. and trade with the surface for wheat, normal agricultural products, most manufactured goods, machinery, etc.
> no private enterprise
What? I never said anything about that, businesses should be encouraged to do work on in such a place.
> no private health insurance
Again, what? I wouldn't plan out how to do stuff like this, I'm just asking about seasteading or an ocean colony.
> no innovation
Actually there would need to be tons of research and innovation into things to learn how to make a place like this work, you'd need to look into tons of materials science, maritime engineering, etc. If anything getting it to work would require tons of innovation, and once it was running they could actually have great access to the ocean to do great and innovative research into stuff like marine biology, maritime science, etc. not available anywhere else.
> no guns
Again, what? I never said anything about guns or whether they should be allowed/disallowed.