What was the beginning of the end of civilization?

It's clear we're no longer on the trajectory toward an optimal society.

What was the point where people began to realize that society was beginning to control them rather than the other way around, that the benefits of comfort and sociability no longer outweighed the shackling of the spirit?

Other urls found in this thread:

sockshare.net/watch/zGWnwXxP-adam-curtis-bitter-lake.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When Trump was elected president

The beginning of civilization was war.

People had to organize in bigger groups to defend from enemies/raiders.

The end of civilization will also be war.

Alright kiddo

Women and nigger rights

Women were allowed to vote

>The beginning of civilization was war.
>implying that the period preceding civilization was peaceful
>implying that war is the cause of civilization, instead of a consequence

wew lads

This.

The civil rights movements in the 60s ruined everything.

End of slavery, end of colonization and women getting voting rights

/thread

9/11/2001

fool.
The only end of civilization was you, for you let yourself be controlled by society.
And even if you will not admit it, you like being controlled. You like the lack of responsibility. You like to not think.

If you really want to create a great, first you've got to create a better your.

1 war before civilisation... Name it please

It was the advent of farming.

Letting women vote

Upsetting the natural balance and fundamental nature of man and woman has completely spun our society off course and on a collision with disaster.

We can only refuse nature for so long, nature will win. It doesn't matter how much we protest and stamp our feet, nature will win and punish us for our hubris

>tribal warfare and raids don't count as war

It all started when one person figured out having more stuff than the other person made them more powerful.

Most people who have power and value have stolen it, not worked for it.

Idk anyone in the world who holds power and majesty by working their way up the ladder.

Okay Karl, go take a nap

When industry came around and chained our value to commodities

>Doesn't understand what civilisation means

Ok :^)

The Supreme Court ruling on Brown vs. Board of Education, or Johnson's "Great Society" or both.

I can't remember where i read it but civilizations basically has 3 phases.
>First Phase
The civilization thinks its culture is far superior to other cultures. I don't remember what this phase called but i think it was called barbarian phase. Generally speaking this phase is when the civilization is on the rise and nearly all of worlds civilizations we see somewhat a derivative of this.
Examples:Roman Kingdom and Early to Punic Wars Roman Republic, Early USA with Manifest Destiny, European Colonialism etc.

>Second Phase (Civilization Phase)
This is generally when civilizations in their golden age and when it thinks its culture is equal among foreign cultures. This phase is generally the shortest one in three. Also this stage is where art and science is booming.
Examples: Punic Wars to Late Roman Republic, After WW2 USA

>Third Phase ( Degeneracy Phase)
This phase when civilizations fall apart. The civilization thinks other cultures are far superior to its and general population is more interested in other cultures. Generally in this phase economic and social progress halts and civilizations collapse.
Examples: High regards for other cultures(Being a weeb, loving Nazis, loving Soviet Union, practicing other religions) Roman Empire

BTW I probably slaughtered the narrative but like i said i read the book long time ago so i can't remember all phases correctly. But i'm sure about one thing that when you stop getting inspired by your ancestors. It's generally too late

February 1945, when Roosevelt fucked us.
sockshare.net/watch/zGWnwXxP-adam-curtis-bitter-lake.html

Abandoning christian morality and sexual revolution. The first led to WW1 and WW2, the second led to complete decadence and slow decay

Didn't read your post, but by coincidence it sounds a lot like what my pic related says?

Thinking machines need to be outlawed. Bulerian Jihad when?

It was HER turn...

When women began to speak out

>muh feminism
>muh woman rights
>muh everyone adore my vagina

Women say they like a feminist man, full disclosure, they don't it's just a maneuver for make men absolute pussies.

Women should have never picked up the mic, and now they make men feel guilty

>christian "morality"

abandoning your autonomy is not morality.

The Beginning of Civilisation was Property.