Global Warming

How many of you believe that climate change is real? and how many of you are right wing? I ask because i'm wondering if the stereotype that almost all right wing people deny climate change.is real.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/rtrmb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't understand how you can really even deny it.
It's common knowledge that ice ages have existed in the past, so why would the climate suddenly stop changing?

well, what can I say, it snowed 2 weeks ago here in Serbia, so global warming is btfo for sure, climate change on the other hand is natural, it's almost undeniable

The issue is whether it's man-made, faggot, and the answer is no, it isn't.

Right wing people are grounded in reality and experience rather than naive ideology; we know Islam is a retarded cult that should be contained in Saudi Arabia and nearby regions, we know equality is just a meme and there are fundamental differences between cultures, genders and races, and so on, so when we see autistic screeching about climate change from the same people who do nothing about it but raise "green" taxes, fly about the world making millions for talking about it, and keep on importing endless millions of people, who use far less resources in their own lands, into the polluting first world, then yeah, we're skeptical.

Deny what?

I deny the premise that temperature automatically follows in accordance with CO2 levels, and I deny that a temp increase is automatically a bad thing anyway

Inb4 the coastlines
Major cities are actually sinking quickly than the water is rising
Particularly in the marshy areas
See new Orleans

The focus should be on scientific conservation rather than cultish environmentalism, and the big money, the fake politicians, and rabid mouth foaming lefties need removing from the equation altogether, because they cause nothing but harm to the cause.

Climate change is happening, however, the denial generally stems from a response to liberals demanding the government tax the shit out of everyone to stop it primarily for the benifits of the rest of the world and not America.

If it's false then why is it that 97% of scientists say it's real?

How do you expect to do something about it if you can't stop companies who are causing it?

>t. Mohammad Sheikh Abu-Oil

He's right though

I'd be willing to give it some merit if the rabid supporters didn't cry "climate change" every time weather occurred.

>Is climate change real?
Climate changes all the time, now is not an exception
>Is it caused by mankind?
We have very little reason to believe so
>Am I right wing?
I'm economic centrist, but I believe in authoritarianism and enthnonationalism with the world and mankind in it's current social status

>*BONUS* Should we be worried?
Not at all, mankind has braved much larger problems with much lesser means than we have today. In fact we should embrace it, as environmental changes are in alignment with Darwinism.
>But then all the weak species will die and that's sad
New ones will be born. The earth has undergone much more dramatic environmental changes than what we're gonna see with the current "climate change" and it's still naturally diverse

The left is irredeemable.

We want clean air!
We want clean water!
The climate changes!

So fucking what? Who the fuck doesn't want clean air and clean water? Who the fuck doesn't notice that the climate changes?

Holy fuck. Just fucking irredeemable.

Oh, and hey, just in case you were going to waste your time, ALL of the evidence shows that C02 levels LAG warming periods by as much as 800 FUCKING YEARS.

Climate change is real but not man made.
Man made global warming is not real.
Man made pollution is a problem though.

Of course the fucking Saudi shills for it not being real.

>If it's false then why is it that 97% of scientists say it's real?

The 97% “study” was an IRL Australian shitpost.

Send petition to 20,000 people.
1,000 people respond. 900 of those agree with you.
Send petition to 900 people. 873 people return it marked "yes".

There you go. You have now manufactured your 97% consensus.

Actual consensus? 0.03%.

Kek. Sheikh comes before the name though since it's an honorific title.

Does it matter if it's man made or not. If it's going to effect our way of life shouldn't we do something about it.

What is reading comprehension?
What is geological evidence?

Climate change is real and natural. Global warming is fake. (((Globalists))) pulled the old bait and switch con when the planet stopped warming. They need the excuse to push their global carbon dioxide taxes.

But I'm saying that since it's not man made, what can you do about it? It's nature, bro.

>climate change
Yup
>anthropomorphic
A bit
>doomsday
I've lived through about 4 or 5 so far, remember how 100m will die from starvation by 1980?

>stop companies

That's the endgoal of people who push climate change the hardest

CC could somehow be proven 100% incorrect (not possible) but they'd still want to push the same agenda

You can pay scientists to find anything

If we will it, it will come!

We have made great strides in science where we can effect this natural process.

It's real and it's happening. What is unknown is what the consequences (or benefits) will be, and to what extent. (See TIME magazine covers above)

-Left-leaning centrist

We are a tropical species. It would be beneficial to humans if the average temperature would raise by 1 or 2 fahrenheit. Massive amounts of land would become arable including much of Canada, and Russia (polar regions). The climate has never been static, and anyone who built property at the shoreline is a retard. The ocean levels were 400 feet below what they are today during the ice age. Ice age ended 11,000 years ago. 11000/400=27.5. As in every 27.5 years the ocean levels would have risen by 1 feet, or 4 feet per century.

>What is unknown is what the consequences (or benefits) will be

Scientist are pretty sure of what the consequences of it will be.

Yes, global warming deniers are usually dumb right-wing Americans. Shocking, right?

thanks. I'll remember that next time I have to mock an Arab

Let's say its not man-made.
What the fuck is the problem with investing in renewable energy?

its real, im super right wing

>2017
>conflating global warming with climate change
>apparently doesn't have enough somali cocks to suck

It's not profitable.

Isn't climate change and global warming the same though?

>(((climate change)))

climate change is literally left-wing fearmongering

>Is the climate changing?

Sure. I don't think it is based on my background but I'm willing to feign ignorance and concede this point.

>How do we fix it without screwing up the global economy?

This is the question that liberals cannot answer. The conservative position is "wait, and inevitable technological progress will provide a fix". The liberal position is "everyone must pay penance NOW"

Renewable energy is relatively new and probably wont come soon enough to make a difference.

How?

It's much more expensive to get the same energy output, and people tend to be cheap.

>This is the question that liberals cannot answer.

You've been told what to do about since you where a little kid.

I don't deny or believe, i recognize that the proposed solutions are fundamentally impossible and unreasonable and further that most of the believers act in ways that go against the proposed solutions, so its hard to accept that anyone really believes it.

At first it was "THE WORLD IS GETTING WARMER" but that didn't really happen, so now it's "THERE ARE MORE AND MORE HURRICANES" and it's called climate change. The smarter climate change believers will tell you that streams of hot sea water will change paths, causing changes in climate in parts of the world that were previously being warmed by hot water from around equator.

Well who's stopping you then? Godspeed to you in using this strange new science, whatever it may be. And stop the Yellowstone volcano while you're at it too pls.

Wrong. You fix it by putting limits on how many oil slaves can continue to gas the cities. Since we are all suffocating anyway, and we have been undergoing genetic destruction for decades, this grassroots movement is actually psy-opped by the Oil Masters as some kind of "big business takeover" of energy... We have a fucking ball of lava in the sky. Only and only an oil slave would argue we should create fire here on Earth.

wut

I've been told to enact carbon taxes on our underlying infrastructure?

I believe in climate change, humans are causing it, and I voted trump. Might be due to me being a centrist though.

Climate has always changed for one reason or another. Just go back to the age of Vikings and compare with medieval times and you discover that we are still not that extreme.

if solar is so superior, then why aren't we using it?

It's natural, yes, climate change by itself, but the industrial era from the past 200 years increase the speed of the changement, don't be a moron denying it, look at some damn graphics, there are plenty of them

You retards are part of the problem. Anyone who drives is a part of the disease needing to be cured from the planet. The only real solution is for those of us who care about our kids to go underground so that they aren't born with as many deformities. Eventually we will feast upon the slaves above, consuming only their flesh but not their impurities.

>Well who's stopping you then?

The govt and it's stupid rules and regulation.

I'm right wing and I strongly believe, probably the only thing that could convince me otherwise at this point is if the average temperatures would stagnate / cool for a couple of years

If the trend just continues and this year we'll break another few thousand records and then the next year the same thing happens with each year getting worse.. well, if you still don't believe after that point you are a dogshit retarded autistic manchild and you should kill yourself

Because it is heavily attacked by fake Oil "Scientists" who are paid to ruin the planet.

See: Exxon 1980's memo that proved global warming is from Oil and was buried by Exxon.
>Note: Exxon executives still walk and haven't been slaughtered. This will change in the 21st century, where executives will have to hide so their disgusting families aren't slaughtered publicly by the widows of their victims.

>
>Climate has always changed for one reason or another. Just go back to the age of Vikings and compare with medieval times and you discover that we are still not that extreme.

You are right, actually, there was a mini ice age till the early renaissance back in Time, we are not that extreme, but with our actual society, our actual population, consequences will have a heaviest impact

Climate is never static. We have only been recording temperature with accuracy for the last century. The variation in temperature change is measured in percentages of 1 degree. We do not fully understand the mechanisms on how the climate systems interact. This is made evident by the fact that our predictive capabilities of future climates are not competent.

Save Energy — and money!
>Switch off and unplug appliances when not in
>Use energy efficient lighting.use.
>Buy energy efficient appliances.
>Insulate, install efficient windows and doors, and plug leaks.
>Install programmable thermostats.

Power up your life with renewable energy
>Go solar
>Install a renewable heating and cooling system.
>Switch to green electricity.

Choose climate-friendly transportation
>Walk or ride your bike.
>Car share or use public transport.
>Buy an electric vehicle.
>Skip the airport.

Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.

I sort all my waste bro and I hope oil powered cars go away too.

The government allows companies/oil barons to emit and pollute, but doesn't allow you to use your scientific strides (you still haven't explained what they are) to reverse the negative natural processes of nature?

how is this "fake science" preventing entrepreneurs from exploiting this untapped resource and making $$$$?

Were they sure about the coming ice age? LOL

Don't know anything 100%.
Maybe if you tried to attack something besides carbon, which is the building block of all life, I wouldn't have looked into it too much.
The cronyism and lobbies for "green," which is in reality anti-life, are much too strong, and have been proven time and time again to fudge their data.
I am only "right" now because I asked questions and the mask came off.

The industrial revolution was a mistake

the irony in your post is that despite these measures, apparently the earth is still warming past the tipping point

It's almost as if methane and water vapor are much more efficient greenhouse gases than carbon dioxide

>You are right, actually, there was a mini ice age till the early renaissance back in Time, we are not that extreme

Just for shits and giggles, check out any of these climate events since the end of the last glacial maximum:

Bolling oscillation interstadial
Older Dryas stadial
Allerod oscillation
Younger Dryas
8.2 kiloyear event
Holocene climatic optimum
Older Peron transgression
Piora Oscillation
5.9 kiloyear event
4.2 kiloyear event
Roman warm period
Medieval warm period
Little Ice Age

>Build a windmill that produces 2-2.5 MW for 500 million dollars with expensive maintenance that lasts for 20 years

>Build a coal plant that produces 500 MW for less than 500 dollars with cheap maintenance that lasts for 30 years, but has the added cost of the cheapest minerals in the world

Tip: One of them is considerably cheaper, even with CO2 taxes.

>Actual consensus? 0.03%.
[Citation needed]

>the irony in your post is that despite these measures,

That is because no one did them because of conservationism. People still make fun of these sort of thing because of hippies.

>It's almost as if methane and water vapor are much more efficient greenhouse gases than carbon dioxide

I purposely left the part out where people tell you to go vegan.

don't forget that the coal plant energy production can also be regulated on-demand

Just move to a rural area instead of an overpopulated metropolis.

How's you weather locally?

At least here lately it's noticeably cooler in the summers compared to 2000ish and there's been less hurricanes.
Winters have been milder.
The "extremes will widen" thing doesn't seem to be the case

So selfishly I have to approve of whatever it is that's happening

>less than 500 dollars
less than 500 million dollars*

It is naive to assume that the climate at our specific time is the optimal climate. How lucky would we be to have the optimal climate precisely at this moment. Climate catastrophic proclamations are laughable. A warmer earth means a wetter earth, and will allow agriculture to flourish, especially in new areas. Canada will become significantly more habitable, while the desert regions will shift upwards. Again. Earth never has and never will be a static system.

I'm conservative and I believe in climate change. I don't think it's a right wing/left wing republican/democrat issue.

Man-made climate change is not real science because it does not follow the scientific method. There is no hypothesis that is reliably supported with empirical evidence. There is only "the earth is getting warmer" or "the earth is getting colder." People who do real science, e.g. physicists, know better. Weather girls believe in global warming.

Right wing. Physicist. Man-made global warming is not provable.

Scientists also said the sun revolved around the earth. And the earth was flat.

if you are a physicist you should also be familiar with the fallibility of particle simulations, which use rigorous QM/MM modeling on a sub-second timescale

Meanwhile we believe in much more complex simulations that's forecasted out 100 years based on ice core measurements and a 150 year empirical data pool

>Cloud-seeding
>grow algae Captured CO2 then it's used to grow fish food
> in general all forms of Geo-engineering.
>Carbon dioxide 'scrubber' captures greenhouse gases
There are also a bunch of inventions that would easily be a game changer, but no body is funding them.

discord.gg/rtrmb

We've saved the world on accident

Plant life as we know it would cease to exist with CO2 levels below 150ppm
Before the industrial revolution we'd gotten down to 270ppm
At that previous rate of CO2 absorption, life would have been wiped in about 2 million years

I don't know. Who has the most the lose? That's the question. They're probably the ones who have the most motivation to lie, deceive, and mislead gullible idiots. I leave the answer to you, Sup Forums.

It's not 97%, it's 99.9%.

None of this retards here can find 1 (one) per reviewed article that concludes that climate change is not real and not man-made

If somehow you manage to find one, the author will invariably have strong ties to the oil industry

>but nobody is funding them

Actually that statistic is false.

Stereotypes can't be real or at least thats what you leftists fucking try to say.

b-but the peer review system is rigged

It is China that is spewing most of the worlds polution, i shouldnt be forced to buy a 500$ muffler made in china because of China

>How many of you believe that climate change is real?
They have been telling us since I was in school in the 80s that we were at the end of an ice age, and that temps would be warming.

We also had 9 planets.

At this point, everything is going as was described.

who fucking care if it's real or not

this is just a deflection

even if it is real, you have to convince people that it's:

>a bad thing

and

>worth spending X amount of money to attempt to fix

Tesla isn't funding CO2 scubbers or Geo-engineering. They aren't even really working on different versions of Tesla's. No one is making a Tesla truck or Tesla 18 wheeler.

Climate change is a thing, it's happened in earth's entire history. The rate of climate change may be different. The confusion comes from the numerous scandals and dubious data arising from climate scientists and the general "scientific community's" religious obsession with their assumptions being 100% fact.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if people didn't shove climate science shit in everyone's faces screaming about it. I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing an environmental apocalypse by 2050 like they claim.

I hope you live a few miles inland so you can fish for penguin corpses in your backyard during your lifetime

>literally selling your nation for shekels

Isn't Denmark mostly islands? Aren't you a country in danger of being almost wiped out once the sea rises?

How many peer reviewed articles can you find from the past couple decades that discuss how blacks are superior athletically in most ways and inferior intellectually?

Climate changes all the time.
Mankind's influence is overestimated at best to not relevant though.

>>worth spending X amount of money to attempt to fix

We can't even convince people that they should take care of the sick and elderly.