OK stop the memeing, let's have a serious discussion about Trump firing Comey

OK stop the memeing, let's have a serious discussion about Trump firing Comey

Why did he do it? Was this a good idea? Is Trump fucked?

im kurrius too

i too am inquiring for the distilled outline

Trump is not fucked.

Bump

>Why did he do it?

Comey was incompetent.

>Was this a good idea?

Probably. Again, Comey was incompetent.

>Is Trump fucked?

No, because nothing happened between him and Russia to begin with.

Dumb fucking idea. Comey may of been bad at his job, but firing him right after the hearings is going to paint Trump guilty as fuck.

Question is: who's next?

So? They'll find nothing anyways.

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAA

No idea, and it's impossible to go beyond baseless speculation without being or knowing a Washington insider.

That said, one post I saw that rang a little true for me was saying that Comey couldn't decide whether to be a moralist professional or a bought-and-paid-for deep state team player.

That post alleged he wavered back and forth, did not commit to either form of leadership, and ended up making no friends for his efforts.

Again, baseless speculation, but it made sense to me from my viewpoint.

> incompetent

You mean comey stopped sucking trumps little dick?

I think he's scared he might have done something wrong he didn't know about. I get that feeling sometimes too

Macron

Okay I'm going to do something dangerous and attempt to actually break this down without memes, bear with me.

If you take his letter at face value (I wouldn't) he fired him because he was recommended to do so by Sessions. This would be fucking idiotic, because Sessions is political kryptonite right now and I think Trump understands that.

I'm more inclined to believe that he realized Sessions was trying to play politics more than, you know, doing his fucking job. Constantly making public statements about ongoing investigations isn't what the FBI director is supposed to do. It was nice for Trump when he did it against Hillary during the election but then he started swinging the other way with the Russia shit.

Trump probably wanted to nip this issue in the bud by getting rid of him and ostensibly replacing him with someone much more willing to just stay quiet and tow the party line. He did it now because the false testimony stuff recently finally gave him the opportunity to do so without it seeming purely political.

That said I still think it's a poor move because there's a big crowd trying to get him impeached and this strongly resembles what Nixon did at the start of the Watergate investigation. Even if Comey was just blowing smoke with the whole Russia probe the fact is it makes Trump LOOK guilty in the eyes of outside observers, especially since many of them viewed Comey as being 'on his side' after the election fiasco.

So yeah, I get why he did it but it was really poorly timed and could definitely bite him in the ass.

I honestly hope to God that all these lib-retards are truly stupid enough to believe that this means Trump is/was about to be impeached lol.
It'll make the inevitable shitstorm of Dem corruption about to be brought to light all the more beautiful to watch.
I sometimes wonder how much more they can take before they are finally forced to admit to themselves that they've been so spectacularly wrong about everything.
I mean, how many times in a row do you have to be proven wrong before you say to yourself "Hmmm... I guess I really don't know what the fuck I'm talking about."?

But in the meanwhile... maybe they can get Nate Silver to weigh in on all of this.

Trump has probably been planning this for a while now and times it to overshadow the bullshit testimony from sally yates that the MSM is going crazy over

>not to mention other shit the public has no idea about
>so sit back and watch the democrats, most who wanted comey fired after the clinton press conference b4 the election, but not they are all freaking

The powerless feeling democrats have and their pure hatred of trump is literally making them crazy

>Why did he do it?
Because Comey's been at the helm of at least a dozen FBI fuckups, most of which following the pattern of FBI is in a position to prevent happening, FBI instead chooses to rest on laurels, happening is carried out because they didn't interfere. Boston Bombing, Gay Club Shootout, Fort Hood, all these and more happened with Comey at the helm telling the FBI to stand down.

>Was this a good idea?
Only if his replacement isn't as big a fuckup as Comey

>Is Trump fucked?
Whether or not he gave Comey the boot wouldn't affect how fucked Trump is right now.

trump fires more people before breakfast than most people fire all day. high energy!

but Nixon is Sup Forums's guy

>Why did he do it? Was this a good idea?
Of course it's a good idea.

>Is Trump fucked?
Of course he isn't, that's just wishful thinking for those who hate him.

>this

Good post