What's the deal with people who drive oversized trucks outside of a work setting?

what's the deal with people who drive oversized trucks outside of a work setting?

its the calling card for insensitive tough-guy "alphas" who unironically wear camo, havent read a book in years, and drink too much.

on another note, why is the right-wing filled with so many country-ass retards? it seems the left has stolen all of the intelligent individuals for themselves.

When SHTF the highways will be littered with stranded Priuses, the emaciated remains of hipsters inside. They're like coffins, but gayer!

amerifats like big things

No, it's either a Napoleon complex or little dick syndrome.

faggot with a Subaru detected

Someone got cut off by a truck today lmao.

the last good ford F-150 was 2002, everything after that was chromed out richfag leather seat crap

They are cool.

Fuck off.

>not driving a truck

There is no greater implicit and overt expression of whiteness, and indeed American frontierism, than a nice truck

Fucking nigger scum

This guy doesn't fuck.

why buy a fast car if you aren't going to race it? personal preference

Cowboys are mexican. Stop trying to be farmboy pieces of illiterate shit. When you will realize that country music is so unintelligent and meaningless? We need to send all "country" people to the health chamber.

I have an F-150 crew cab I don't use for work. It's helpful in hauling a trailer or hauling stuff in the back like furniture, planks of wood, boxes to burn, dirt etc etc... everyday useful stuff around the house I couldn't do with a gay little sedan, even though I do have a ford taurus for regular commuting.

Everyone should have a truck, even if it's just a little ranger or some shit. It sucks having to rent a u-haul just to get a big piece of furniture or move out of your shitty little apartment. I know you city fags don't understand because you don't actually have anything.

You came across confrontational in your post, you are either a troll, ignorant, or both. However I am going to humor you with a rational response.

Some people drive trucks due to the comfort of the more spacious cabin, which for some reason is not well translated into smaller cars. Some people like being able to periodically throw something in the bed, or tow something, even if their truck looks pristine. Some people enjoy a truck because they like how it rides.

I guess, if you can accept that some people have a different culture and likes than you, when it comes to anything else, perhaps you can learn to be respectful towards a group of people where they mostly leave you alone. "But i had a bad experience with X" and yet you would probably defend all of the muslim culture despite "a few bad eggs"? Return the favor my nigga.

Moving on.

Camo: same argument. different culture. Got a problem with turbins or ceremonial knives? They want to signal that they are not part of the mainstream culture. That is all there is to it.

The final comment seems to be the apex of your trolling, is a bit ignorant, and ive got nothing nice to say, so in turn, I wont address it.

polite sage.

The best ones are rusty with big blocks.

An eargasm erry time, and the people driving them use them for their actual legitimate purposes.

>tfw too comfortable with my own masculinity to own cool equipment.
fuckin nu-americans. i swear.

t. asshurt busriding OP from his phone

I'm going to have to make a fucking pasta I swear to fuck this gets asked so many fucking times it's almost retarded
for starters, retarded ass nigger.

tl:dr
rural roads are shit and trucks go over the shit roads very well.

I think you mean mexicanness.

Usually to hide insecurity or a lack of higher thought.

The second bit baffles me aswell sometimes, and i say that as an eclectical centrist.

i had one of those (Screw) put 260,000 miles on it, never in the shop except for normal parts that will fail.. driveline and motor, AC, never had an issue.. put new OEM style leather, new headlights, looked perfect... first guy who saw it bought it right there. 5 months ago. wanted another like the old one (lariat), fucking $55000. fuck that aluminum ecoboost crap.
Got 2017 Jeep limited..

Would love to ride one of those.

Fuck Europe with it's small streets and no parking. Need my cool Deutsche Amarok.

>fancy rims
>truck

nope

30% of the left comprises of a race of people with an average 85 IQ.

>insensitive tough-guy "alphas" who unironically wear camo, havent read a book in years, and drink too much
This exactly describes my dad except he stopped drinking years ago(still never drinks water). Bought a truck because he could and will proudly tell you he hasn't read a book since the last one he had to in school five decades ago.

I'm actually looking at buying one. I really would rather just have a sedan since they get better MPG and are faster and cheaper.

Sadly car manufacturers have decided that only trucks should be blessed with the highly advanced technology known as "windows big enough to see out of", so my options are limited.

they are very useful for moving stuff (downside, your friends call you when they need to move big stuff)

the increased gas usage isn't a lot if you drive it around town, buying a big truck to drive 45 minutes a day to and from your office is retarded, but a 10 minute drive isn't burning that much more gas, on a per day basis, to be worth trying to buy another car for commuting

body-on-frame trucks also have a much longer lifespan, the frame even if damaged or corroded can be repaired by cutting/welding the affected area, when a unibody rusts too much, you gotta junk it even if the engine, tranny, and suspension is still perfectly good.

What I like to do
>woodworking
>kayaking
>crawdading

A full sized truck makes it easy to move wood, get 6 people to the coast, fit four kayaks, sleep in the bed with a canopy when fishing/crawdading.

What's wrong with Subarus?

No, mexicans drive shitty Chevy's with weird colors from the 90s with a wolf pack or mexican flag panorama on the back windshield.

I have a tundra for this same purpose.

What Subaru do you have bruh?

My old late 90s OBS was great with dirt roads and snow.

THIS IS NOW A TRUCK THREAD FOR TRUCK DISCUSSION

FUCK JEWS NIGGERS AND QUEERS EDITION

Right now I'm looking for a nice comanche to restore, they're easy to spot on craigslist, I've been rummaging through that website like a crackhead.

I'm read to pump money into it too, and I plan on keeping it mint (already have a work truck).

I'm gonna change up the exhaust (not sure what to do here quite yet) put a level on it, get it some new paint and any other body work, put some all-terrains on there, and probably do a lot of engine/tranny work. It all really depends on the quality I can get, but most are rusted out quite a bit. Luckily there are tons of older jeeps I can steal parts from

What are you bros trucks?

Really nice when I realize
>oh kek I am two yards short on gravel
>dont need to pay for delivery

They're a necessity in Cancuckistan because of the constant blizzards for 10 months a year

If you own a house it's very helpful to have a truck. I drive a shitty econobox for my commute, but it's not going to move furniture or renovation materials.

What do you call "oversized" OP? I drive a F-150 4x4 because it has high ground clearance and 4x4. Both of which are very very nice to have driving around after a snowstorm in the morning before the plows have had a chance.

Could drive a Subaru AWD, but it can't haul or tow bulky stuff (which you don't do that often but when you need to, you really really need to).

If I did live in a place where it didn't snow 2' in the winter? I'd probably get one of those CUVs or a station wagon.

I don't own a truck but I'm seriously considering buying one. Want to know why?

Because I like the concept of self-reliance. I'm not a nigger or a liberal so I don't need other people to do things for me. If I want to move, I want to be able to do it in my own without spending $3k. If I want to go pick up some furniture I want to do it on my own. If I want to get some farming supplies, I want to do it on my own.

Make sense now? You're like a child who wants the government to coddle them. I'm an adult and I want my own freedom to do what I want, when I want.

The better question is why would you not buy a truck and be content being a prius-scooting faggot?

FUCK YES, The XJ and all it's variants are god-tier vehicles.

2016 f150, 5.0 2wd.

Vinyl seats and floors for maximum powerwash ability

Do you know how to strap stuff to the roof?

No competition with a real bed, but you can move a lot if you know how to strap it down.

I have a 2010 Outback. It's good for snow and ice in the winter where I am.

Or maybe it's the fact that people like nice material things so buy them?

I know it's hypocritical to say this, being as I'm posting here myself. But if we just stopped replying to these, we'd probably see more of the quality posts.

slam and daily it bro

They're just useful. My family had four 4-door cars. I traded mine in for a truck because we didn't have the ability to haul anything. Now we don't have to rely on other people/rent a truck.

Grandpa had one of those (pic related).

What a strong truck, I think he still have it. Doesn't use it too much tho.

Great times in tierras americanas.

They're retarded posers who think spending tonnes of money on useless consumer goods makes them cool.

Decent pick. I recently moved a roofload on my BRZ. The other people on the road were acting like they didn't know wtf was going on.

Turns out I know how to strap things on the roof and use the fun pedal. How about you?

Ikr, do you own one?

After I restore the shit out of it it's gonna be my garage kept street queen. I see videos of people mudding and taking hills in them and get kind of autistically frustrated even though I know that they do it well

At most it'll be my home depot small haul carrier

Love XJs

I remember seeing a SN95, beatup and dented to hell, the guy was using it as his work truck and he was doing what you were suggesting - had everything strapped to the roof. So much so it was bending things.

I guess you work with what you got but a truck does some tasks much better.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

my gf says its to compensate for insecurities from childhood

about once a month, one of these guys in their trucks tailgate her on her way to the gym or back, and she flips them off, and they road rage her for a few blocks

she enjoys this for some reason

Do you know how SAGE works right?

Will keep replying. Like trucks, and I'm sick of shitty threads about the same bullshit everyday.

Bla bla bla, no race mix, bla bla bla is this redpilled, bla bla bla, Hitler shit.

I agree we need some more quality posts here, but since there isn't lets enjoy seeing some trucks.

I have a 1991 ford f250, wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Why do they drive them like they are sports cars?

Have a 2010 F150 right now.

When I save enough to go for heavy equipment certification, I'll buy a 2017 Sierra 2500 soon after.

Right on. If you have to move things all the time, the truck is your only option.

But if you have a car, you're not a man if you don't know how to use the roof.

You splurged for a bull bar but wouldn't spend more for cloth seats at least? And you got the 5.0 instead of the base v6 with your vinyl special? Why?

Lack of driving skill so that hitting things doesn't kill them.
It ends up with them rear-ending Amish buggies a lot and it's hilarious.

Meanwhile, I drive a chink 2 door for more mobility, haven't been in an accident yet.

>buy truck
>family needs to move shit
>can move shit without renting a U-Haul
>able to help friends move
kys

Hell yeah my friend. Total BRAAAAAPP truck.

Also THICC as hell.

That's some huge truck. I assume gas is not a concern to you guys, but those must drink a lot right? How are your expenses with gas in general?

Are Dodge trucks still a thing?

It's mainly the 4x4, and they can afford it.
A very necessary thing, especially in the country.
Looking to upgrade my little Chevy Blazer 4x4 to a F-150.

Doesn't the F150 with all the fancy trim options come with leather?

I looked at a RAM leramie cummins a few weeks ago and that interior was fucking insane, all leather trim, every amenity you could imagine, spacious as fuck, felt hella 'Murican in there

But I'm never gonna buy a Chrystler product top fucking kek no thanks

>I know you city fags don't understand because you don't actually have anything.
nice

Have a 2000 XJ I'm driving and working on. God speed Comanches are dope but really rare where I live.

I ordered the base v6 but they put the wrong engine in.

Vinyl seats are nice because I have twin two year old fuckin white male children. Naturally they are a mess. Nice to be able to take a power washer to the inside of the truck.

what's the deal with people who drive little tiny cars outside of a work setting?

it's the calling card for sensitive pussy-weak "betas" who unironically wear "Star Wars" t-shirts, watch that lad Rachel Maddow, read Rules for Radicals, and drink too much hoppy craft beer.

on another note, why is the left-wing filled with so many poor city retards who spent $80k+ on useless meme degrees in gender studies? it seems the right has stolen all of the intelligent individuals for themselves.

I watch a Youtube mechanic called Eric O. It seems 70-80% of the cars/trucks in his shop are all MOPAR and late model MOPAR too, like only 3-4 years old and serious stuff is breaking on them.

I don't think I'd ever buy a Chrysler product myself.

> Be tech worker.
> Make 6 figures.
> Drive 1997 Toyota Tacoma.
> Think it looks naked without lumber rack.
> Scoff at huge trucks with tiny beds.
> Never haul lumber.
> Alpha as fuck.

My 16 5.0 gets 25 using premium on the highway, usually get 16 to 18 city.

Not a fan of the higher trim options, with tow package, canopy, my out the door was 24 after negotiation (no trade). Sticker price was 35.

Higher trim means more kek to break. Moonroofs always leak, heated seats always fail, etc.

>be 3 weeks ago
>gas is fucking 1.43/L
>diesel 1.16/L
Thanks to alberta n shit, diesel is cheap as balls, comparatively. Might have to get a 3500 depending on whether I want to go solo and get my own excavator eventually.

>Are Dodge trucks still a thing?
Ram split from Dodge and more or less became a separate subsidiary.

You need a certification to drive a pickup?

Did they give you the 5.0 for the v6 price? If so, good job :)

You dont know what people do in their spare time you fucking retard. Some people work a regular 9-5 and then on the weekends they do whats called "side jobs" where they do more complicated shit. Why dont you shut your fucking mouth. Claim to be intelligent. Youre the fucking retards.

I've never even driven a truck that had any kind of luxurious interior or amenities

that said, when I'm an old fuck I'm gonna get something hella /comfy/ and haul a camper around the country

>tfw wanted to work in alberta, the promised land itself, and it takes a massive shit
>tfw in school for engineering now but bitter anyways

What kind of car do wealthy people most often drive?

It's a Ford F-series truck. People earning more than $200,000 a year prefer to drive a Ford F-150 pickup truck rather than, for example, an Audi R8 V10 Plus Coupe or Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4 Spyder.
At above $400 K the top sellers are the Lexus RX350 and Tesla Model S and the humble Honda Civic (kid's car?). (MaritzCX survey)

Ford officials say the F-150 carries cache with the rich because there are few substitutes for its ability to haul and tow. It's practical, efficient and useable.

I like the handling and responsiveness of the engine. It's good for highways and country roads. Has more power than it looks. I usually don't use the roof cause it has enough room inside. The manual kind of sucks, they have those flipper things instead of the real thing.

Drive what you need. If I was a citycuck again, I'd probably get some cheap econobox like that, just because you got better things to do and you just don't want to care about your shitbox.

No, those are two separate things I want to do. I'm a poorfag right now and I want to get into HEO so I make way more, and that'll eventually require owning a heavy duty truck that can pull serious weight.

Been on craigslist looking at Chevy Blazers mainly because I know how to do work on the 4.3L V6.

My honest opinion, it seems to be guys who are really insecure about their masculinity so they feel the need to broadcast to the world as loudly as possible about how macho they are, like a kind of virtue signalling. A genuine alpha wouldn't need accessories, nor would they try so hard to prove something to others, big ass trucks look like sad desperation really.

If your'e the outdoorsman type the extra space is very handy

Oh, gotcha. Best of luck leafbro.

Yeah, told them they could either give me the upgrade for free or give me my deposit
>but how do you expect us to drive a supercab longbed with all vinyl and 2wd
>actually I want a bigger discount to make up for getting the wrong engine

Overall 10/10 would buy again.

>flipper things
Sad for you bro.

The old autos were pretty good.

I like trucks but 99% of people just simply don't need the fuck huge trucks

I've noticed that pickups have gotten much bigger in the last few years. If I was going to get a pickup I'd get a midsize like the Toyota Tacoma. But regular pickups are entirely too large for me.

found the dickless manlet with the lifted shit truck

Nothing wrong with that. I just hope on the truck still being in reasonable shape that I can pass it off to my firstborn in 14 years.

Also give vinyl a shot, my wife and I both found it more comftorable than cloth even in the summer.

In a lot of those cases it's a small biz owner and the F-150 is a company truck, maybe not a work truck but the IRS doesn't have to know such things. =)

Also, driving a Murican truck like that can mean the difference between making a sale and not. Some people still pay attention to what you're driving when you pull into their parking lot.

The left is picking a fight with the people who produce the food that they eat. Y'all aren't as smart as you think you are.

Ever tried a Hilux? Those things are tough bastards. Such a shame they weren't sold here.

Rural retard with a Masters degree here. You're a faggot.

>waahhh! Stop liking things that I don't like!

Why do big trucks bother you?

My family all works in tech but we drive a big truck cuz we have a ranch 30min outa town and a big trailer to haul.

I know what you mean, even the mid-sized trucks of today are like full-sized ones 10 years ago

But DESU I kind of like it; more truck for roughly the same amount of money (besides gas). Also thicc trucks get me goin'

When you buy a house you will quickly realize the convenience of owning a truck especially if you take on projects yourself.

Nothing. It's just the stereotypical demographic that likes to drive Foresters that is the problem.