Bill Nye Hates Kids

Bill Nye wants the developed world to have fewer children. Why? What could his reason possibly be?

Also, I'm making a YouTube channel criticizing Bill Nye, and soon, others. I'd appreciate feedback on how to improve.

youtu.be/d-p1nAYrFwY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw2GiQ8vsrs
youtube.com/watch?v=7NcfqRYqXOo&t=4m08s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/
yourtalllife.com/article?articleName=Sweden)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I remember you, OP. It seems like you improved your mic a bit. Although I still hear a slight echo. I haven't watched all of the Bill Nye episodes but I'm assuming you did, does he purposely forget to add science to his episodes?

I've found some sound absorbing foam, changed some settings on my microphone, and I'm speaking a lot closer to it now. I hope it's enough. If the sound continues to be a problem for people I'll have to look into a new microphone or recording in a different place.

Bill's show doesn't really get into what I'd consider science. He's mostly at the level of a newspaper or magazine covering scientific topics superficially. When I started, I just had mild contempt for him, but that is growing into a real hatred.

im hearing echo, you need more sound absorbing material in your room where you are recording

Darn. Thanks for letting me know. I hoped I could solve it with settings. How bad is the echo? Does it make it unwatchable?

>When I started, I just had mild contempt for him, but that is growing into a real hatred.

Are you going to continue covering his episodes?

I just finished your entire video and I do like that you shortened this one quite a bit compared to your other ones.

I dont get how people figure to bring this up in the west when the worlds only growing because of dindus having 10 kids in africa.

Try doing this little experiment user. make a graph with national birthrates on the Y axis and GDP/Capita on the X axis, and then plot where every country on the world is. What you will find is that the graph looks like a 1/x function where as income rises, birth rates decline. This is due to opportunity costs.

In a rich country, having children means sacrificing more income because women choose to work less in order to raise children. In poor countries, birth rates are higher because it is too costly to NOT have children. Having more children means that there are more hands to work a farm, etc and to care for you in old age.

Try it out, and you can basically prove that Bill Nye doesn't hate kids, he just hates the poor people, and since most of those poor people are non-white, it just shows that Bill Nye is a giant fucking racist as well.

I may branch out and look at other content. Personally, I'm growing a bit tired of Bill Nye.

Bill and one of his guests touch on this specifically. They claim that 7 children in Nigeria is not nearly as problematic as 2 in the US because people in Nigeria use fewer resources. They're forgetting that the populations in Nigeria will either be destitute forever, develop to the point they start using resources, or move to a Western country and start using resources. They're also forgetting that the developed world is declining in population (except for immigration) and the developing world is exploding in size.

Hey OP you got yourself a new subscriber, keep up the good work and also improve yourself and content.

two words: over population

this isnt rocket science

great job. only advice would be to fix the mic as someone has noted. Also speak faster, but that's probably just me. subscribed.

shit seems pretty cool my dude, only thing i'd suggest is to try to put a bit more enthusiasm into it. well researched tho 8.5/10

Plenty watchable, just could be better.

he;s right tho

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw2GiQ8vsrs
Bill Nye must die a death acceptable for those who have sinned against God. No less is acceptable. May molten iron roll through his body until he is at last dispatched by the angelic forces in Revalation.

That is an interesting experiment. I'm looking at the data right now and I'll update this thread when I have it in a graph. I'm not sure it'll be conclusive though, I already expect that Western countries are the richest, and have declining birth rates.

In general, I think that women working will make society more productive, but at the cost of women's happiness, children, family and social values.

Thanks. I'm glad to hear. I'm continuously trying to do better.

Did I make a typo somewhere and write it as one word? Or, are you quoting Bill Nye?

We do not need more people in world, but right now white people aren't the problem.

white people are ALWAYS The problems

btw we can shill ourselves on /pol?

I'd rather this guy shill himself than these e-celebs.

alright subscrib to my youtube too then

Mine to
Lt.Corbis

Thanks. I usually start trying to speak quickly (I've heard this feedback before) but my voice slowly returns to my natural cadence over time. The more comments like this I see though, the more I'll work on picking up the pace.

Glad to hear it!

Noted. Thanks.

Bill is? About which part?

I agree. He has to be stopped.

Rich stable countries should be encouraged. We should grow in a sustainable way. That means researching agricultural technologies and clean energy. It doesn't mean, like Bill suggests, that we should punish children in rich countries and ignore the growth of the poor countries.

I try to be respectful when posting my content here. I only post once, and I only post content that's on topic. The way I think of it is, if someone else knew about my video and wanted to post it, they wouldn't be prohibited.

It isn't about agricultural capacity, it is about crowding and preservation of natural spaces. Africa and Asia should be purged of their native human inhabitants with small pox.

Agricultural problems are more things like growing lots of food without using petroleum based fertilizers, raising livestock without excessive use of antibiotics, growing things more densely, and not being unnecessarily cruel to animals.

Great video, strange stereo ghost sound at 9:40 no doubt intended to keep us on edge for some unknown purpose. I have subscribed, great work

These things are not compatible with our current society or a large population. Environmentally friendly agricultural methods have smaller yields which mean more space and labor is required for the same output. The only simulation is a smaller population which can be made to work if we cull the human population. We have the means to do it, we just lack the will. Small pox is ideal for this task as we can vaccinate our own people and it will not affect non-humans, thus limiting collateral damage.

Thanks. The audio ghosts seem to be a product of Lightworks (or my misuse of Lightworks) which is the software I'm using to edit my videos. This is another issue I need to track down.

Better understanding of genetic engineering and lab (factory) grown meat will hopefully allow us to produce greater yields in an ethical and sustainable way.

I really like your structured and logical approach and diction. I also enjoy the powerpoint that organizes your ideas and thoughts.

Thank you! This is the first positive comment I've gotten about my power point presentation. I knew someone would appreciate it!

Recommend you speak up with some more enthusiasm. It almost sounds as if your whispering.

We actually need more white children and white immigrants. I'm hoping Trump and Co break the 9th Circuit so they can change the immigration act. Overpopulation is a meme in western countries. It's used by Jews to brainwash whites into not having kids. Do your part and save this country.

Your ppt is shit. Always work on continuous improvement

bill nye literally hates kids

I live in seattle and it's kinda an urban legend with several other accounts but I know a specific real person who said:
>when she was younger (10ish)she was walking with her dad next to seattle center
>saw bill nye walking
>the kcts9 studio where he did science guy is right next to the center
>ran up asking for autograpgh
>GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME YOU LITTLE SHIT GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME HEY WHO'S FUCKING KID IS THIS?
>said her dad grabbed and almost punched him and bill Ran away

I've heard others tell similar stories among people my age who were young at the time(30-35now)

Use the foam to box in the mic, not the room. Way easier and cheaper if you're not on-camera.

Are you shocked that people who make it a point to tell the public how lovely they are, are actually assholes in real life? Seems like the MO for a lot of leftists

There are too many people, so the most productive people who are not part of the problem should have fewer kids so that we delay by 1 or 2 years the calamity that will be brought by the countries who are completely responsible for the problem.

Almond fully activated

I'm not shocked by anything at this point
I'm just bumping with a story I heard that's related

It's nice to know that a Sup Forumsite is legitimately creating something illuminating to the masses in a professional manner. Keep on doing what you're doing, your presentation was really good.

This is a good idea. I'll try to set that up. Currently I just have my foam behind my microphone.

He seems like a bit of a weirdo to me. Like this video where he seriously responds to a teenage girl's joking marriage proposal - youtube.com/watch?v=7NcfqRYqXOo&t=4m08s

Will do. Powerpoint is my best solution for now, as I don't want to get in front of the camera myself, and I figure it is better than having a still image or avatar.

Wrong (and right).

You are right that fewer kids are born as you move up the GDP ladder because of opportunity cost, but you draw the wrong conclusion about Nye.

We ALREADY have the phenomenon of having fewer children than 3rd world countries. If he's encouraging us to have EVEN FEWER kids then yeah he is encouraging speeding up white extinction for the benefit of shitskins

Hmm, didn't get the time link right. Should start at 4:08

The reason people have as many children as possible in poor countries today is the same reason they had many children in any pre-industrial society: because the majority of children born will not survive to reach adulthood, and they need to make as many as possible so that some will survive, if only by pure law of averages.

This is of course, a very inefficient way of doing things: each pregnancy carries significant risk to the mother in lands far from antibiotics or sterile surgical tools, and each child who does not survive represents significant resources and time wasted on what care they did receive (not even getting into the emotional impact of parents and siblings watching multiple children die).

Developed countries have low birth rates because they don't need spare children, the ones that are born are almost guaranteed to survive, so having too many children who might deplete the family or community's resources becomes the greater risk.

>TL;DR: Fewer children is a desirable result because it would be an easily visible side-effect of food, water, and healthcare becoming widely available.
PS: as a side note, what is Sup Forumss position on the disabled? The pending outlawing/defunding of abortion in the US means that more deformed children are going to be born in the coming years. Add to that the defunding of public schools, particularly programs for disabled kids. How much stress will they put on the society?

Birth rates across countries are a function of how many children women desire to have, not need to have. Even if the infant mortality rate was zero, poorer countries would still have higher birth rates than countries with much higher incomes.

stop feeding the fucking niggers in africa that eat dirt anyway
and the ones here too

Bill does seem to want the developed world to have even fewer children. There is a clip from the episode I forgot to include where he suggests legal penalties for people who have too many children in the developed world. He's completely cool with any number you want if you're from Nigeria though.

My own theory (unsupported) is that children are a function of how hard your life is. If your life is hard, you need more kids. More kids means more hands to hunt, forage, defend the tribe, build, grow, etc. If your life is relatively easy, (not to mention you have a job and easy access to birth control) you feel like you don't need so many kids.

>overpopulated
>need to have EVEN MORE kids to remain overpopulated

That is one of the dumbest theories and I have heard it a number of times.

If you live in a country that already cannot support its people then there is LITERALLY NO REASON for them to have EVEN MORE kids.

The idea that "too many" kids are dying is proven false by their exploding populations.

No country has a 75% mortality rate, where you need 8 children just so 2 survive.

Mathematically their mortality rate would only necessitate a birth increase of less than 1 extra child per mother to keep up with countries that aren't complete hell holes.

Having 6 kids when you can only support 1 is just straight-up lack of planning and lack of fucks given.

>Birth rates across countries are a function of how many children women desire to have
[citation needed]
Seriously, ask any woman if she would rather go through pregnancy and childbirth ten times or once. Or are you the product of abstinance-only education and think women can "just shut down" an unwanted pregnancy?

Poor countries have high infant mortality BECAUSE they are poor, because they cant afford the food, clean water, and medical care that would keep the kids alive.

Also a good point. Whatever the cause/effect mechanism, lower birth rates result from better conditions overall. Babies are just a lot easier to count than, say, calorie intake per person per day, or water quality.

The average person in a poor country does not have access to population data, and can't precisely calculate how many should be born to offset the current mortality rate. They just know "kids tend to die, you should have a couple spares to make sure at least one survives."

>Having 6 kids when you can only support 1 is just straight-up lack of planning
Gosh, if only there was some sort of organization dedicated to helping people plan their parenthood? Oh right, we threatened to cut off all foreign aid to anyone who so much as mentions the word "condom."

Good videos!

already explained here , and birth rates only apply to children who are alive past infancy, that's why infant mortality and birth rates are separate figures. You don't need to act like a twat when someone makes a different case.

I'd donate to a family planning organization in Africa that showed a good strategy and evidence of producing a useful effect.

Another possibility is that Africa typically has low IQ scores. IQ is related to planning ahead (using contraceptives) and delaying gratification (not having sex right now because you don't have contraceptives). Those things, and poor future planning, might lead to a dysgenic situation where you have many kids because you planned poorly.

developed world = white people + some asians
bill nye = kike megashill

1+1=GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW

He maybe a fag about gender and sex but he's right here. We need to sterilize everyone in Africa and most in India. Then set a 1 child rule where you can buy the right to have another but it's exponential each kid to prove you have the funds to raise it or pay to raise it.

Thanks!

I plotted the birth rate and median household income for the 30 countries that were listed on wikipedia's page for median household income. I'm not seeing much of a trend here.

Bill thinks that people having 7 children in Nigeria isn't a problem. The real problem, according to Bill, is Americans having 2 kids. His panel guest calls that "way more problematic" and Bill suggests imposing legal penalties on people who have too many kids.

To make room for the undeveloped world to come here and have their kids on our tax dollar

Its a chicken-or-egg scenario-
Are they poor because they are uneducated, or uneducated because they are poor?
Should you educate them so that they can raise their standard of living, or raise standard of living so they have the time and resources for education?
Do you try to reduce birth rates so overpopulation won't wreck the society, or try to build up the society so that birth rates will go down on their own?

Remember there isn't any one organization doing this, there are thousands, each with their own methods and goals, some of which contradict (eg, christian groups refuse to help with birth control).

>IQ is related to planning ahead
No its not and never was. The IQ test was originally meant to be used on children yearly to gauge how much they had learned. It measures what a person knows, not cognitive ability.

>We need less children to save civilization
>Our population is stagnating! The economy will crash! The only solution is to import a few million Arabs and nogs

REEEEEEE! Make up your mind, faggots.

1.) I didn't use median household income, I used GDP/capita, and I swapped the X and Y axis since my contention is that birth rates are a function of income, not the other way around.

2.) The countries that you listed are mostly western, or countries that have modern market based economies. Start adding countries like Somalia, Afghanistan, Nigeria, etc. When i did this exercise at university, I plotted every country on earth from the absolute poorest to the absolute wealthiest.

Hey OP I'm going to subscribe because I see the effort you're putting into this. Don't dissapoint me.

I don't think you'll be able to find a reputable scientific source that would agree with your claim about IQ. For example, from the National Center for Biotechnology Information

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/
>It is undoubtedly true that moderate correlations between IQ and those criteria have been reported. For example, in their recent review Nisbett et al. (2012) say “the measurement of intelligence—which has been done primarily by IQ tests—has utilitarian value because it is a reasonably good predictor of grades at school, performance at work, and many other aspects of success in life” (p. 2).
IQ has been studied and refined for decades because it is a really useful predictor of how successful you'll be in a broad range of subjects. The IQ test, to my knowledge, was not ever intended to be used as a measure of how much knowledge was gained, although other standardized tests do fit that description. Do you have a link to source this idea?

BTW, apologies, I should have mentioned using fertility rate rather than birth rate since that is the average number of children born/woman.

Hey thanks. As a new subscriber, I'll ask your opinion. For my next topic I'm considering

A) Continuing with Bill
B) Looking at something like healthcare in the United States
C) Immigration in Sweden
D) Responding to other videos where they get things really wrong, this would be like The Young Turks, maybe Anita Sarkeesian, etc.

For topics like Immigration in Sweden I've already done a fair amount of research (see my website: yourtalllife.com/article?articleName=Sweden) and I've written a small essay on my thoughts on health care.

Any preferences?

Yeah, I meant to include this. I'm honestly a bit frustrated that I omitted it. Bill then replies with "But consider it means do it"

In my humble opinion, I believe you should start the transition into calling others out, such as TYT, Colbert, Trevor Noah. Then go with healthcare in the US, and save Sweden for last.