Why can't Libertarians just give us a straight answer? Who will build the roads and railways?

Why can't Libertarians just give us a straight answer? Who will build the roads and railways?

Robots

ur mum

The statist says: "MUH ROADS!!!"

Private industry, like the rails in ore 1900s America and like the 241 toll road in California.

>Libertarians
You mean ancap.

No I mean libertarians. ancap is just a meme, while libertarianism is a real possibility.

>captcha: Libra Road

Railways would be built by a person who wants to use a railroad for whatever purpuse.

As a Libertian I also never really understood how to answer the road question. My answer would to probably have it as a community service project or we can run a donation program to fund the hiring of a company who knows what they are doing. If no one donates I guess no one cares about having a road.

>libertarians
As far as I understand them from moly, they don't want to disband the government and abolish taxes altogether, so roads and infrastructure would still probably be under the government's faithful eye.

Gather a small tax to cover for roads and a couple of other stuff, then leave everything else alone. At present, the government does absolutely everything in the least efficient manner possible, so I hope you agree that we have to move towards libertarianism so that meritocracy, competition, and logic take control again.

Sneks wants minimal government, not 0 government fool. You're thinking of ancaps. And yes while that ideology is retarded, there are people out there who really want it.

So the answer is the government.

A small theft is still theft. Taxing is immoral. Period.

The roads will build themselves

Me.

We're were going you won't need muh roads

This scheme assumes that people not only are perfectly rational actors, capable of making wise long-term investments at the expense of immediate gratification, but also are highly altruistic to the point of investing in projects that do not immediately benefit them. I.e., libtards once again prove that they operate on the same fundamental assumptions about human nature as commies.

A good amount of them are already privately maintained. I have lived in places where the home owners association was responsible for hiring plowing and paving.

Some of us are minarchists... the state should tax and provide the minimum of services as to allow society to function.

Namely infrastructure and protection...

Yes goy, let's create another Africa. People don't need to face the consequences of their actions. We need to keep every moron who buys a TV instead of food alive.

>having a road will not immediately benefit the investors
ivan, you are dumb

I will. And then all you assholes will pay me for the privilege of using them

>That's because you an-cap cunts have no solution to this problem

Crowdfunded private companies. Basically.

Projects on which investments pay off immediately happen only when you can privatize revenues and socialize expenses, which seems to be libertatians' true goal anyway.

In any case, as reality will remind you eurocucks within 30 years maximum, probably much sooner, the real purpose of a state is not building roads but building armies. Else barbarians will come to kill you and take your stuff, or neigbors will invade just because they can and an easy war will make their rulers look good. But armies produce no return on investment, never did since Middle Ages, unless you lucked out to be a semi-barbarian who plundered a more prosperous neighbor.

>In the first three decades of the 19th century Americans built more than 10,000 miles [16,000 km] of turnpikes, mostly in New England and the Middle Atlantic states. Relative to the economy at that time, this effort exceeded the post-World War II interstate highway system that present-day Americans assume had to be primarily planned and financed by the federal government.

Except plenty of answers have been given, you just don't listen

>highly altruistic

they get benefit with the commerce the roads may hold, advertisement, or even if you own a neighborhood you may just want it to be just well and freely open

saying that roads are impossible is like saying that there would be no walking paths in shoppings centers because of no immediate profits

Same people that build them now. Private companies and individuals.

>need the state to protect my stuff from barbarians

>Tfw the state starts importing barbarians and stealing your stuff and handing it to barbarians

you won this debate

I don't know about US, but there are already private highways all over Europe.

this.

slaves

People who are paid to do so. Most libertarians are agreed that certain things: police, roads, lights etc are communal interests and should therefore be contributed to.

>And yes while that ideology is retarded, there are people out there who really want it.

And yes while that ideology is autistic, there are autists out there whose OCD is calmed by it.

entrepreneurs.

roads?
ROADS????
ROAAAAAAAAADS!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
no.
NO.
NO!
NO!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NONOONONONONONONONO
NO.
no.....
n-no....

this isn't happening..... no... geeh..... grrreh.... grrrrr......
gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
grr.... heehhhh... grrrarrr... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAaaaahhhhh.....

grgrggrrrRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOO PLEASE NO PLSNO PLS PLS NOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS CANT HAPPPENNNIIIIIIIIIINNNGGGGGGGG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY GOD, WHY GOD, WHY GODDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CALL AND AMBULANCEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEeeeeeehhhh...................... ehhhhheeeeEEEAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa....

haaaaa.... heeeeeeeeeeehhh..................*pant* aaaahhhhh.......... aaaaaaaaaahhhh.... aaaaaa..............

ggrrRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOO NONONONOON UWHYWHYWHYWHY WHY WHY NONONONONONO WHY HAS GOD FORESAKEN US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWHHHHYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARARARRARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANOOOOOOOONOOO NO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>people are irrational
>a government composed entirely of irrational people is rational