Is cultural appropriation in literature a thing Sup Forums?

Is cultural appropriation in literature a thing Sup Forums?

Fresh OC from Mapleland, writing magazines editor included a forward stating that he didn't believe it exists in writing and that as a writer you should try and write what you're unfamiliar with.

Bitch is literally shaking over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com/entertainment/books/2017/05/10/editor-quits-amid-outrage-after-call-for-appropriation-prize-in-writers-magazine.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Women shouldn't use the internet, or vote.

Shaking because she's creaming herself?

I honestly don't have any idea of what is going on here. anybody gets this?

Its not even posted with any irony. Even worse, all the comments are just feeding her praise and telling her to be strong. Be strong about what? Throwing a tantrum at something meaningless?

if shakespeare were alive today he'd have to be a transgender eskimo muslim to get on college reading lists

She wrote a ton of garbage about how it's wrong for white people to "steal" inferior cultures and the editor who was probably a STRAIGHT WHITE MALE wrote a little bit pre-cursing her tripe with "I don't think cultural appropriation is real but here's someone's opinion".

But she's white. Why is she writing about cultural appropriation ? By her standards, isn't she out of place ?

Yeah, so this chick submitted to an amateur writing magazine, this issue was about indigenous authors, at the start the Editor included a bit about how he doesn't believe cultural appropriation exists in writing.

This has triggered her into an emotional breakdown.

thank god somebody speaks crazy!

much appreciated.

She's Metis, so like 1/120th native.

The editor lost his job over this.

What the fuck.

I used to be an uber-lefty, but thanks to folks like her, I got better.

>literally traumatized by a different opinion

Seriously, fuck the current year.

Did he really?

Cultural appropriation is probably the dumbest thing on the long list of dumb things that social justice types complain about.
I don't even know where to start.
In terms of her writing, the editor is 100% right. There's some real cognitive dissonance going on there with the 'celebrate other cultures but keep them separate and don't appropriate them' mentality.
She also fails to recognize that she is a white person writing about 'indigenous writing' and you could make an argument, by their standards, that she is participating in cultural appropriation.
It's hilarious that they keep talking about muh colonialism, yet are so historically ignorant about concepts as simple as trade.
These people are zombies regurgitating an ideology that was assigned to them, but in the end we should probably thank them because white identity is on the rise because of this bullshit...

No.

Cultural appropriation is a reaction to the 1% of dumbasses that actually thought Mexicos culture was just margaritas and sombreros, instead of realizing that was just something silly Americans did in May.

People can cry all they want, but culture influences. It will spreas regardless of national or racial borders.

This woman has been brainfucked by Marxism so thoroughly that she can't even understand a well-reasoned argument without exploding into a mess of womanly hysterics. Sad!

>indigenous writing
>redskins can't even write without appropriating Latin letters

Is there an official scale of nativeness ?
Like, how much do you have to be native until you're allowed to legally put that as your race on documents.

I think cultural appropriation is the height of sjw cognitive dissonance. Let's be multicultural, but don't partake in eachother's cultures. Let's be inclusive, but stay as separate groups. It's complete nonsense.

Yeah there is, I believe its 1/16th in Canada to apply for indigenous status.

Cultural appropriation IS culture. Nobody can do what other people do, culture can never spread.

These people make me sick because they have never and will never experience the pain of a culture dying. The anguish that comes from just wishing there was one active server one day per week.

If your shit is so great you should want to share it with the world, but these communists would never allow such wanton unity.

Yeah man, I thought the editors bit was well worded and pretty non-offensive. It made me a bit annoyed at how unoffensive he was deliberately being with his word usage.

But NOPE, not good enough!

I thought only literature, anime and manga are safe from the normies, why are they going after literature? I thought they read nothing but YA shit or whatever the latest meme fantasy was like ASOIAF.

>literally shaking

Cultural appropriation exists, just not in the sense she's squarking about. Rich Evans is spot on when he uses the term against the Collider faggots putting on nerd culture t-shirts and feigning an interest in Star Wars to make money.

A rare Canadian fpbp appears.

International twitter shitposting is one of the best things to come out of the last decade.

This is the state of Canadian universities friend. These people are post-grad students and TA's.

>Cultural appropriation is probably the dumbest thing on the long list of dumb things that social justice types complain about.

Immigrants enrich our country with their culture.

You're not allowed to participate in their culture.

libtards man.

M8 where have you been?

There were campus walkouts over refusal to put trigger warnings on EngLit core texts.

Its not like the white man goes around saying "Hey, you can't drive cars or use airplanes, we made em!"

Alicia Elliott is shaking

Ahahahahahaha!

There is no such thing as cultural appropriation, doesn't matter how many times you cry over it.

>literally shaking

I blacked the name in case of doxxing rules :( Erin Soro was stupid enough to use her name as her twitter tag though, so fuck her.

Shit man, lucky 7's

Stop drinking beer and eating bread! Don't you know the ancient Egyptians already had bread and beer?

Why you gotta appropriate ancient Egyptian culture, user? You shitlord!

Cultural appropriation is how cultures work.

For people who want all people to mix up and lose all culture they sure get mad about how it will be done..

QUADS FOR TRUTH

I will user but only if you stop breathing oxygen! Neolithic man discovered you could breath first.

>LITERALLY SHAKING
LITERALLY SHAKING
>LITERALLY SHAKING
LITERALLY SHAKING

What did she mean by this?

I think she's saying "Someone get my meds refilled"

keep people divided and egotistical about "their culture" as they're forced to coexist closer and closer to be "progressive". Great way for shit to start.

((()))

>Cultures mix when they clash.
>and mix together.
>This is how multiculturalism works and acts forming one messy culture eradicating other cultures
>These people want multicultuuralism and get mad when it happens

idgi

how deep is their cognitive dissonance
they dont even have consistent beliefs they uphold/drive

Fucking hell this pisses me off so much that some self diagnosed "autistic" queer cunt thinks that she gets PTSD when there are vets everywhere struggling to stay alive

I just think its really stupid to say that you can appropriate a culture while writing fiction. Its not real.

>Indigenous writing is the most vital and compelling force in writing and publishing in Canada today. And this is because, in large part, Indigenous writers, buffeted by history and circumstance, so often must write from what they don't know

mb she's shaking because the other article is far better written.
The Appropriation Award is an enticing and evocative attention getter, compare that to her strips of platitudes and tautologies decorated with neutered language and imagine which article you'd rather read.

Do you guys not have Social Services?

Because I'm fairly confident those kids are in constant danger around this freak.

Sounds like she lives on a Res, if so social services has no jurisdiction. Gotta go through tribal police for everything on a Res.

>Soros

Ahh, well at least the kids can run around outside away from her a bit more than if they were trapped in a condo with her all day and night.

I kinda get her frustration at some points she's trying to make, but the fact that she self-diagnoses and then does the same for her kids is inexcusable.

>I'm disabled because I say I am, give me stuff
>did I mention my kids, give me stuff because of them

I liked the Elders giving her shit over being a single mother. The Red Man gets some things completely right.

>SoroS
come on now user

Dude, its legit.

HOW IS IT, IN TWO THOUSAND FUCKING SEVENTEEN, THAT SOMEBODY CAN ACTUALLY TYPE OUT THE PHRASE "LITERALLY SHAKING" WITHOUT IRONY AND NOT MAYBE FUCKING MAYBE TAKE PAUSE TO THINK "YOU KNOW IT'S TWO THOUSAND FUCKING SEVENTEEN. I'M GOING TO GET RIDICULED FOR SAYING 'LITERALLY SHAKING' IN A NON-IRONIC MANNER. MAYBE I SHOULD GO FOR A DIFFERENT CHOICE OF WORDS?"

GODdammit.

Are yy you... shaking, literally?

>my hips are moving on their own

sounds like you were shaking while typing that

Women are literally worthless. This contributes nothing to society. Letting them go to school is a complete waste of educational resources because this is the garbage we get in return. Smh.

In this moment, I am literally shaking. Not because of some cis gendered white male, but because I am enlightened by my own virtue signalling.

That is also what gets me user. The complete lack of irony and self-awareness.

Only when I have a seizure.

good post

>a queer disabled neurodivergent autistic indigenous single mom

just deport women to the congo already

thestar.com/entertainment/books/2017/05/10/editor-quits-amid-outrage-after-call-for-appropriation-prize-in-writers-magazine.html

Holy shit, the guy really did resign over this bullshit.

>May 2017
>liberals still unironically say they're "literally shaking" over someone expressing an opinion they disagree with

Stay mad, liberals.

>i am trigger by images and words
>i should have a say in how society is run

this is the future you chose white man