The Dalai-Lama once said that if we taught all kids past 8 years old in the world to meditate we would eradicate...

The Dalai-Lama once said that if we taught all kids past 8 years old in the world to meditate we would eradicate violence and stupidity everywhere in less than a generation.

What do you think about this statement ?

Wrong but it would be beneficial for everyone

Do niggers even have the attention span to be able to meditate?

I prefer this buddhist

There's probably some merit to that. Prayer as well. I think all schools should set aside 30 minutes a day of silence to engage in whatever activity one pleases along those lines, daydreaming, prayer, whatever. In this fast paced society, even the mere silence alone would be theropeutic.

Sounds like a bunch of retarded feel-good nonsense

They'd pretend to and steal everyone's valuables when everybody's eyes are closed.

I think it's bullshit, Buddhist countries have their fair share of violence and stupidity (eg Thailand, Sri Lanka). He's just talking up his own business. Old Gucci shoes is no fool.

I've never tried meditating. What do I do? There are supposed to be no distractions, but my thoughts are a massive distraction if nothing else is going on. Does music without vocals count? Maybe some generic but good music that doesn't make me think "Oh yeah, this was done by The Carpenters in the 60s" or something?

I know it's a joke, but it's also so true

Meditation is not feel-good huggie-times. It can sometimes be the very opposite if something painful comes up.

>Yes that's right goy, don't fight back, just be complacent. Don't resist

How do i meditate.
Pls teach!

Last time i tried i ended up in Sweden getting molested by officers of both genders.

I'm totally 8 [spoiler]+12[/spoiler] something years old!

It wouldn't hurt to have 30 minutes of mandatory instropection.

As it is now in schools, you have mandatory seeing other kids naked.

Meditation is not complacency. The Jews fear it.

you sit around doing nothing and pretend it's productive than write a blog post about how it increased your mindfulness later and share it with all your facebook friends

Okay the way I do it is to set aside twice the time I wish to meditate for instance if I want to meditate for fifteen minutes i sit aside 30; the reason for this is it takes about half to time to lose the discomfort of sitting still and after that the meditation gets more productive. When I'm finally relaxed (and I usually sit in a chair or with my back against the wall in the cross legged position) I simply count my breaths, each time I breath out I count 1-10 and then start over. If I lose my place I start over. If you do this in a quiet dimly lit room for 30 minutes to an hour you will come out of it feeling like you've micro dosed LSD. Enjoy

>Implying fully integrating your consciousness with physiology is "giving up"

Nope

That sounds a little bit overly optimistic, but he's got a point that it would help.

I do think if more people thought long and hard about their feelings and experiences fairly often, there would be significantly less violence and stupidity.

I do not think it would ever truly be eradicated.

that slit eye retard can fuck off, nobody cares what he thinks.

Dont fight with your mind. When you do you just give it more attention. Pay attention to your breath and breath deeply and comfortably. Any senses\feelings just look at them without judging them, like if there is noise just simply pay attention to the sensation without having any opinions about it.

"Germany must not become an Islamic country" -Dalai Lama

>my thoughts are a massive distraction if nothing else is going on

Why is that even? Why is it so hard not to think? Really makes you think, isn't it?

Meditation certainly isn't, though. Neuroscience agreed countless times that meditation got a distinct effect on the brain. Also it's the fastest way to reduce cortisol levels in stress situation (or anxiety).

Start with guided meditation (try to find a quality audiobook) and build from there.

Protip : meditation isn't just "sitting around doing nothing", far from it actually. It's all about taking distance from yourself and from your thoughts and reconnecting your mind to your body.

Firing a gun at a range is meditation.

If everyone in the world did this, there would be peace.

so when your lands are invaded and your property stolen and your women raped - are you supposed to meditate?

also, this won't bring you any religious experience. Buddhism is a non-deity philosophy and not a religion. You need Christ in your life if you seek true inner peace.