youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI
youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412
youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A
youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160
youtube.com/watch?v=b20FTy86P84
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Point the fact that a black Thor is (((vibrant diversity)))
But a white Pharaoh (Cleopatra was greek thus indio european)
Is muh ebil cultural appropriation

I find the best defence for cultural appropriation is to flip the tables. Every country in the word has culturally appropriated the British national dress; the three piece suit, and no one bats an eye. All these inventions by white people are psrt of the greater white culture and every race takes advantage of them without batting an eye. You can talk about architecture (steel and concrete), language (english), education systems (prussia). It's pretty much endless if you're creative enough.

Cultures copy each other all the fucking time, that's how they progress in the first place.
Romans appropriated Greek culture. They became one of the biggest and strongest empire in History.
Germanic people appropriated Roman culture. They built civilisations that still are highly influential to this day.
The Japanese appropriated Chinese culture. Wich allowed them to develop an incredibly complex and interesting culture that's very much Japanese. When they isolated themselves from the world for 200 years they stagnated, and once they were forced to open up they appropriated western culture and they became a strong empire capable of standing up to Russia in no time. Japan again, they saw american comics and cartoons and they made something very japanese out of it.
Then drop the bomb : Black music is black people appropriating white music. Blues didn't exist back in Africa, black americans created it by coming into contact with western music culture. If there were no white people, black music wouldn't exist.

Cultural appropriation is progressive, cultural segregation is regressive.

And this If white people wearing dreads is cultural appropriation and evil, then asians wearing T-shirts is just as bad.

For me, this meme captures the inherent contradiction/irrational demand of Cultural Appropriation

Whites don't have a culture so we need to appropriate others to survive.

The truth about immigration, by the numbers:

>youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxist Jews Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:

>youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:

>youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:

>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:

>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

Cultural Marxist Jews fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:

>youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI

Does this sound familiar at all? (starting at 6:52)

>youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412

The Holocaust:

>youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A

>youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk

>youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160

Your opponents will argue that whites taking from Black Culture is cultural appropriation because blacks are oppressed. Blacks taking from White culture is not cultural appropriation because lights are not oppressed. But haven't figured out how to contradict them along this line of reasoning without neglecting their line of reasoning. One attempt that I have meddled with is asking the question what if a white person in a country where he is a minority appropriates from that culture.

This OP. Stand up in front of the class and deny the holocaust.

There's also the issue of tying culture to race/ethnicity.
It implies a monolythic culture for people's disconnected across geography
ie: Culture for blacks in Nova Scotia is drastically different from culture for blacks in LA.
So when blacks in Nova Scotia start a gangsta rap group, why aren't they considered to be appropriating it?

So explain me this Sup Forums.

I have a pretty impressive Scandinavian heritage, parents are immigrants. Do I have the right to claim cultural appropriation and throw an SJW-level tantrum if I see someone in a Viking costume on Halloween?

show this meme

culture - the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group.

appropriation - the action of taking something for one's own use, typically without the owner's permission.

Nobody owns culture.

drop the mic

You have the right to but won't find any sympathy from the MSM
And that's partly the thing, right, we really don't give a fuck if anyone dresses up like that
Our offense isn't real, it's to highlight the ridiculousness of the concept
Why can't others just fuckin learn to chill like this?

Cultural appropriation is pretty much just having part of your culture accepted by your host nation
Liberals hate it because assimilation is the opposite of special snowflake

CAN DO

Graecia capta ferum victorem cepit et artes intulit agresti Latio

I don't speak Italian

non whites should stop using every thing made by whites if they don't like cultural appropriation

Conquered Greece took captive her savage conqueror and brought her arts into rustic Latium.

Basically, Greek culture conquered its would be conquerors with the spread of its culture into the roman empire, allowing them to remain strong and eventually regain their own empire. Romans turned into grekkaboos. Spreading their culture was their strength.

I think the main point people must understand is that they're not *really* upset by appropriation. They're upset by the fact that a group with little education, low social cohesion and little capital are imitated by a more powerful group. The more powerful group are "benefitting" from the weaker group in a sense, without raising the lowlier group's status. The only way to combat cultural appropriation is to make people not feeling like they're second-class citizens because they're black or whatever. In the long-term sense it really doesn't matter wether you're being a "woke" consumer of culture or not; t's ultimately something that doesn't affect the capital or education of the lowlier group.

The reason japanese people don't care about cultural appropriation is because they have got their shit together and they don't care if some baka gaijin makes some knock-off anime or prances around in a kimono for a halloween party.

interesting user.

Here you go, fucking leaf.

This frog has it right.

Try "Nobody's saying that people who openly mock others because of their differences are morally justified in doing so. But claiming that large demographic groups of people, like "white people" or "black people", have specific malicious intentions is ridiculous." You could call it racist, but then you'd get into that whole shitstorm, I'd just call it ridiculous.

If someone's openly mocking it, and you feel that it's mocking you, then yeah definitely. If they pull it off, maybe you should admire it, or compliment them on it?

Overall, your best bet is to take the high ground, as Scott Adams would say. Say that nobody likes when people openly mock the cultures of others, but genuine, well-intentioned integration of cultures enriches everyone involved. Make the argument about when adopting culture is okay and when it's not. If your opponent doubles down, you win, because there are countless examples, see
If they meet you at the high ground, that's when the actual debate starts. Good luck.

>i have a pretty impressive scandinavian heritage.

Why do you americans always pull this "we wuz" bullshit.

That's not to say that asians in our countries aren't talking about cultural appropriation but that's simply because they're feeling the heat.

>lol chinky eyes
>small dicks
>insect people
>lol I'm wearing a rice-hat, back to the rice fields mothafucka!
etc

But once again, it's not about the appropriation but rather the sensation of being a second-class citizen. In their own home-countries asians are less sensitive to this shit because they live in asian land where everyone is asian and it really doesn't affect their status in asian land if you wield the katana folded a thousand times without being able to pronounce it correctly

Just tell them you're white and lack any real culture of your own

Your backs against the wall, you have no other choice. Tell them that's the truth other whites are ashamed of admitting

>I need to to debate cultural appropriation. Help me red pill my class
It's not that hard. Start by just factually breaking into what, exactly, cultural appropriation is. Redpills will come in automatically if you start there.

They just respond by saying that those things were forced on them by imperialism and capitalism, so it isn't cultural appropriation. But westerners take their culture and commoditize it.

Since 1918 globalism has been about meltingpot and cultural hegemony. If you look at the last 40 years, government actively encouraged cultural appropriation as a method of integration and desegregation.

The modern black culture movement would rather direct social injustice and poor fiscal policy on generating race wars then admit that black on black violence and black poverty are twice the level they were under Clinton and Bush II. Given the steep decline in Black quality of life began in 2012-2016, this is directly tied to the distraction and disenfranchisement of Democratic Voters with the "Obamaphone" BHO second administration.

If you need statistics and facts, you can check the Atlanta federal reserve or check out google scholar for specific economic articles which you can use in your study.

BTFO the fuck out of that liberal professor

> t. Dallas Federal Reserve

So, what I'm getting at is that cultural appropriation, as a concept, is a kind of weapon. Or a needle perhaps.
Whites feel guilty and uncomfortable about their higher status and this needle directly pokes us in that area of the brain. Explicitly minorities are saying "Shame on you for stealing my culture without Really understanding it" but the implicit meaning is "Stop getting your kicks from toys produced by my people, I'm still a second-class citizen and you should feel guilty about that shit"

They guilt people are feeling is not from misunderstanding culture but it's from being reminded of their own higher status. I guess it's just another flavor of white guilt.

Point out black women often dye their hair blonde but are never accused of appropriating whiteness.

If you were American I'd point to the great tradition of the melting pot, that to truly be American you have to both adopt American culture and be adopted by American culture. That's why pizza, chinese food, and tacos are all seen as American, and embraced by Americans of all cultures. In the American tradition, cultural appropriation is what makes a group American.

But good fucking luck selling that in Canuckistan.

>cultural marxist jews

You mean leftists?

Not sure what ethnicity of a leftist has to do with anything. Leftists come in all shapes and sizes.

What happened to CM Punk anyway?

>some baka gaijin
>we have an obligation to "uplift" people who are weaker than us if we partake in their cultural practices

What are you, stupid? This is exactly the kind of clap trap that alienates normal people. I dont owe shit to anyone just because I ate a burrito at chipotle or wore saggy pants on halloween. Fuck off.

here have one of thundercuck's useful videos

youtube.com/watch?v=b20FTy86P84

Literally just call out the 7 deadly sins as the greatest gimping of the human race possible....

I never said we have an obligation, I was explaining why white people feel guilt and how it has less to do with utilizing culture incorrectly and more to do with feeling shame for one's higher social status
There are two solutions:
Stop feeling guilt
or
"Uplifting" people

well I guess repatriation would be another solution

Rock and roll was stolen by whites from blacks.
How many fucking keyboards and guitars to you see native africans playing?

This is GOLD Jerry. GOLD!

Redpill them about how black culture was appropriated from redneck culture during slavery. Cite Thomas Sowell "Black Rednecks and White Liberals."

THE BOTTOM LINE OP IS THAT EVERY SITTING UNITED STATES PRESIDENT SHOULD BE REQUIRED BY LAW TO SAY THE JEWS DID 911 BEFORE EVERY PUBLIC SPEAKING APPEARANCE. IF THEY DO NOT IT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A FORM OF TREASON AND IMPEACHMENT SHOULD FOLLOW.

STAND UP FOR YOUR BELIEFS AND BEGIN THE DEBATE BY SAYING JEWS DID 911 AND PROCEED WITH YOUR POSITION ON CULTURAL APPROPRIATION.