Thoughts of Jordan Peterson's second podcast with Joe Rogan? Do we consider them to be redpilled?

Thoughts of Jordan Peterson's second podcast with Joe Rogan? Do we consider them to be redpilled?

Also what's Sup Forums opinion on Peterson claiming "kek" comes from Korean translation of "lol". I was under impression that it originated from World of Warcraft.

The kek origin is a syncronicity. Originally it was from war craft, at the same time however with the rise of e sports and Korea dominating the scene, their kekekeke way of laughing quickly merged and naturally merged with kek.

Think of it as a snowball rolling down a mountain, peterson isn't wrong.

>I was under impression that it originated from World of Warcraft.
Then you are a newfag piece of shit

Peterson is also wrong though

Kek is simply a permutation of lol: lol -> lel -> kek

bur

You're wrong though, I've seen it first originate from World of Warcraft where the random algorythm would translate "lol" into "kek" if spoken from a Horde member to an Alliance member.

This guy gets it. Bur back at you, alliance scum.

Wrong, it did originate from WoW. And it wasn't people originally just typing "Kek" either, the text chat was obfuscated between the factions, if you said "lol" as an Alliance character, if a Horde character was nearby they'd see "kek".

You've got the factions wrong, but yeah. It was Horde -> Alliance, other way around was "bur"

It is literally from WoW. Kek is what alliance sees if a horde player says lol. It has been a substitute for lol predating lel, and even lulz.

Joe isn't red pilled. Peterson is DEFINITELY more red-pilled than he lets on. When he fuckin name dropped alexander solzhenitsyn I was like AWWWW SHIEEEET

IT ORIGINATED ON STARCRAFT NOT WoW.. Fucking children.

lets not forget these beauties

This guy isnt fucking perfect but he is truly /ourguy/.

>not knowing that "kek" modern relevance came from WoW which was then later connected to our Chaos Lord Kek in double threads here on Sup Forums
Seriously, is Peterson even an academic?

Joe's not even babies first red pill. "I don't believe in borders", he said part way through.

I've watched a lot of his lectures, they are amazing, he is releasing them almost every day now.

You are correct, it's been too long. I never played Alliance much.

Uden lo

i was always under the impression just came out when people started saying "lel" because k is next to l on the keyboard. i have been on Sup Forums since before then but wasn't using it when everyone started doing that.

I thought Blizzard did the lol -> kek thing on WoW because the Korean kekeke thing on Starcraft was already a meme at that point?

kek is an amalgam that developed over the years. More specifically on Sup Forums it gained its popularity from lel/toplel and further corruptions of lol.

WoW had kek first, but it was unrelated to the meme. There used to be lel, lyl, kek shitposting threads. At some point someone edited a Top Gun hat to say Top Lel. Then the Top Kek commercial was discovered. That's when kek got big. Maybe WoW allowed to to spread quicker though.

Joe Rogan is blue pilled

Found one in the UK in a (((European))) store, no joke about the name. Pretty good tbqh, someone send one to reviewsbrah.

Kek is what alliance sees when horde says lol

That's from 2004.

Kys.

I imagined they'd be easy to get considering your proximity in Bulgaria Tbh.

Took this while on Holiday in Turkey a couple of years back. The cover lies about how much filling is in them, but they're okay.

No it's not. Kek only got big in 2012ish. Why would something from 2004 suddenly become popular in 2012? Especially when WoW was not as respected as it once was.

>WoW

Starcraft newfag.

i enjoyed it, when he started talking about Kek i could actually feel the energy change, very interesting tbqh

It's all connected, if not for wow, kek would not have the same influence it enjoys now.

Its origin has little to do with its virulent ability as a meme. The biggest reason for that is wow. Another important factor is it being easily fitted unto lel related pictures.

>kek comes from Korean translation of lol

Dear lord what a fucking newfag. Anyone who's ever used the internet knows this Except first it went lol -> lulz -> lel -> kek. You can even watch the fucking Fox news segment.

>She even bought a dog.

newfags REEEE

you're retarded

It originated on wow because the literal translation of lol is "kek"

You're not special because you browse Sup Forums.

>kek got big in 2012
>implying people were saying "top kek" since at least 2006

Maybe that algorithm wasn't so random and they put "kek" as "lol" as an easter egg. That's what I always assumed. Like earlier poster, it's from "kekekekekeke" for laughter

You just didn't hear it as much because social media wasn't as big. Within the game and within factions, people would be using "kek" for "lol".

He said it's his favourite interview ever though. Someone's almonds were activated for sure. He seems smart enough to be redpilled slowly, invite Brevik for podcast 1488 anyone?

You are all retarded. Yes, KEK was in WoW, but that is not why it is popular. Kek started as a mutation of lel on /s4s/. The current meme is unrelated to WoW.

>cuck worshipping kermit larper

nah

My roommate who's a big WOW fag was trying to say how key came from Wow.

The history is that "keke" means "haha" in Korea. So it became a meme in Starcraft since most of the players are Korean and would spam "kekekekeke" during key moments.
It was such a thing that WoW took note and put it in the game.

So Peterson is right. Stop being a faggot.

No one cares why it's popular you soulless Japanese fuck. All we are saying is where it first appeared because that's where it started.

Except it didn't start in WoW, so....

This

Just because they used kek there doesn't mean it was what led to the popularity of kek on places like Sup Forums.

It came as a "corruption" of lel as people tried bastardizing lol further for the lulz.

This is like saying the phenomenon of repeating decimals on Sup Forums actually originates in ancient Arabic civilizations which first popularized the use of digits.

The popularity of kek on Sup Forums is directly tied to lulz tho.
It's all from the Korean kekekeke shit. Case closed problem solved wrap it up and go home.

When did lol become kek before 2004 then?

Actually, people asked joot on /q/ whether he liked lol or lel more and he said he liked jej best. Since joot is a fag, people started using kek to avoid association with him.

Kek was onomatepeia for lol in Korean. It was a meme so Blizz put it in WoW.

All these fucking newfags claiming it was from /s4s/ or WoW or some other shit probably weren't even around on the internet in the 90s. Fucking kill yourselves.

During Broodwar days you fucking mongoloid. That's why Blizz put kek in WoW in the first place.

Starcraft

Peterson shills pls go. People who have been on this board for far too long know the history.

Yes, I was saying the recent popularity didn't come from Starcraft; it was homebrewed.

》it wasn't from this one blizzards game, it's from this other blizzard game!

You're still wrong and your waifu is shit

Well yeah, the whole lol to lel to kek thing is an important factor, but it really only aided the use of the word kek.
There are a lot of factors that popularized the use of kek, but the Korean language IS the root of it.

Did a Peterson shill write the KYM entry? notice the order of events:
The term has its origins in the Korean language, as the onomatopoeia ㅋㅋㅋ, in which ㅋ stands for the “k” sounds, like in raspy, stifled laughter. In the real-time strategy game Starcraft, because the game originally did not support the Korean language, the onomatopoeia was written as “Kekeke” which can be translated to “Hahaha” in English.
In the online multiplayer role-playing game WoW, released on November 23rd, 2004, players can choose to play on either the Alliance or Horde factions, which are considered enemies within the game’s universe. Players of separate factions are unable to communicate with one-another, as their typed text is run through an in-game translator. For players of the Horde faction, typing the letters “LOL” results in members of the Alliance faction reading “KEK”.

But-but-but-but-but he had a tv-program called "Joe Rogan Questions Everything (Except Holoc...)

He brings up some interesting topics and a different view on things that really makes you think

Also clean your room OP

topkek

Didn't World of Warcraft hit its peak amount of players and popularity in 2012 with wrath?

>Thread about peterson
>Devolves into a discussion of the origin of the word kek
You guys are SERIOUSLY unsorted

H-How did you know.... My room is literally filled out with tinfoils with burnt drops of heroin on it, as it was my first time trying it yesterday. Have I activated my almonds?

>unsorted
Umm honey, I think you meant to say "chaotic"

Accurate meme histories.

>tfw failed to escape the belly of the beast

He believes or carries water for the holohoax. He would have a real conundrum if he had to address pol facts on the hoax.

Nevar forget. Just by shitposting we are heroes. Actively participating in chaos in order to find gold/lulz makes us heroes.

>I was under impression that it originated from World of Warcraft.
You are correct, but so is he. When viewing the hordes screen text, lol came up as "kek" to the alliance. Asians are the horde though.

Great podcast. Peterson is exactly what society, and especially young men, need right now.

He's at his best when discussing psychology or leftism.

He's at his weakest when giving his own interpretation of religion or trying to explain his theory of truth.

Rogan is annoying though.

No, they don't need their heads filled with bullshit on the holohoax.

bet you wish you had more huh. Just stay away from the iv. When you taste that rush there is no going back.

"Joe I'm not coming on a third time until you sort yourself out."

"yah buh--"

"Joe at least watch Pinocchio for bloody well sake!"

Do you know WHY it came up as "kek" though?

Because of Koreans playing Starcraft (another Blizzard game).

Try reading this thread, you'll learn a lot. Do you know about the Japanese food "top kek"?

Each day you live will be forgotten, but your shitposts will echo throughout history. Shadilay.

>Do you know about the Japanese food "top kek"?
No. I eat properly cooked food.

holy fuck the newfaggotry itt

Been here since 2007 and was born in 89, kek has NOTHING to do with fucking wow, holy fuck. I didn't even know that lol translated to kek until this fucking thread, because I, like many people, am not a wowfaggot.

it literally went from lol > lel > kek, Kek started around 2010+ ish, when wow was already fucking dead old news. Kek being already used for like fucking 5+ years prior to wow in other games for laughing. It was literally "lol" for ironic "that's not actually funny I'm just saying lol" and "kekekeke" was someone laughing. Usually with faggot shit like ^_^. I know because I did that shit when I was 11 typing in chat in lan parties on ravenshield and desert combat mod and shit back in the day.

Literally Sup Forums is full of current 15-20 year old interlopers who know fuck all

Anyone saying wow is clearly a faggotposter looking up some memedatabase website.

Bad shit user. Take up yoga instead.

t. Ex crack head

Only had 0.1g, it was an alright experience, just the fucking itch killed it. I do want to do more, definitely. But IV is just fucking sad, I would sacrifice the sanctity of your body in order just to "get a better high". Although then again, reminds me when I was 16 saying "I'd never sniff anything".

Opiates are confusing, I'm not sure if I like them. It's like going to a spa. I think I'd rather prefer long term masturbation marathons on stimulants.

put it on your blog dipshit, I don't want to hear about it

Wow was at it's best in 2005, 2 years before you newfagged the chans.

Well, topkek is basically what popularized the word kek on this board.

People would say top lol or top lel, and an image of a Japanese pastry called topkek started getting memed.
I get that you like WoW and hold it dearly, but it's not really that important with popularizing it. Maybe it did a little bit, but not much.

The kek in wow is a refrence to gooks grom broodwar
There equivolent of lol would look like kekekekek
Its embarrassing that peterson is less of a newnigger than many Sup Forumsacks desu

You're right in that it did not originate from WoW. You are wrong in that WoW had it prior to when you said Kek originated.

When did the maplebacks get so vicious? Don't you have a fucking tree to suck on you little cunt?

Both him and Joe have nothing but disdain for the people who post on this site. He thinks the people here have psychological issues and that the alt-right is wrong.

in this thread we have grown men who feel superior to other grown men because they know the origins of the term "kek" that means lol and also a frog character.

think about that for a minute

Isn't topkek a Turkish pastry?

It was clearly a joke you drooling retard.

The korean translation is ㅋㅋㅋㅋ (kh kh kh kh), not kekekeke

It's an interesting etymology.

What's annoying and will always be annoying are the clueless newfags. I didn't realize Sup Forums was a place to be "adult".

Lurk moar

He said at some point in the future we will become a world without borders in another podcast. I think the one with Crowder. Not sure though.
He isn't wrong. Technology is making transportation so easy and creating a singular culture so fast that loss of borders is inevitable.

It was romanized as kekekeke in Starcraft. Koreans love them some Starcraft.

>grown men

>Come into this thread for JBP discussion because that interview was fucking fascinating
>fucking nothing but autists sperging out over the most boring fucking irrelevant part of the conversation

Who fucking gives a shit where kek originated you fucking niggers

Now say it out loud

WoW sucked compared to Diablo 2. You are giving (you)s to an original shitposter. Nigger, i have had more 3 day bans than you have posts. Pic related was late summer 2015. After Ferguson, before baltimore.

Stupid Gay Jamie tried to derail the podcast with mroe of his " BOO HOO TRUMP IS PRESIDENT" talk.

God I hate that guy.

Rest of it was good though.

top = round
kek cake

And yeah, in Turkish.

nuke canada

>Also what's Sup Forums opinion on Peterson claiming "kek" comes from Korean translation of "lol"
LOL it comes from lel being a typo fuckin old out of touch faggot

Wrong, faggot.

kek was literally non-existant in the west before wow and became a daily occurance right after the beta came out.

Uh oh. What has peterson started? Are we about to start the kek wars? Was peterson sent to gain our trust and then make us fight amongst ourselves? Is he truly the anti christ?