3.8 GPA in accounting graduated with honors, can't even get an interview

>3.8 GPA in accounting graduated with honors, can't even get an interview
>meanwhile chads who partied together got each other's dads to hook them up with high paying jobs out of school

How the fuck do you fix the job market, when partying literally matters more than studying? Nobody fucking tells you this. It's just not fair.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BsxYfYCbVC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry, but there's a reason those less intelligent chads got the job over you. Quite frankly employers like to hire people who are light spirited, happy, know how to have a good time and unfortunately you're none of those things. No one wants some weird dude who always works by himself and is a kill joy to work with them(also has kind of weird stench) aka you user.

Social guys are more desirable to employers because they can work with others. Smart guys work alone and get less accomplished. Go out for a beer and talk to someone

don't do accounting then if you're not social or can't network.

Welcome to corporate slavery. Where competence doesn't really matter.
But muh freedom and shit.

because you really don't need to be actually qualified to do most jobs.

the difference between "good" and "average" is negligible

>majored in ME
>never partied, studied and did homework every weekend
>3.1 GPA
>can't find a job

>Meanwhile my sister is graduating next week with a BA in psychology
>She just got a job offer to work in a HR department for 60k/year

I'm never taking advice from Sup Forums ever again.

Halo effect. Get attractive and fake charisma.

I don't know jack squat and partied in college with a 2.8 GPA and now I make six figures. Take the ironpill.

Probably because you're in Canada. If you didn't notice, your government runs finance by feels and you've just learned a practical skill.
Seriously, accountants are in high demand here. No reason why you shouldn't have a job.

That's not really true. It's more because incompetence produce job. You do need to be qualified in most technical job..... The manager being a dumb incompetent cunt will be more likely to surround himself with dumb cunt than competent ppl that will question his work. That how corporation work and believe me they are all the same.

You didn't get hired because the interviewer didn't like you. They don't give a fuck about your resume , they just don't want some sperg working with them

Not in technical jobs. There is an obvious difference.

How do I fake charisma?

Are you that Asian guy who lives near Dundas West station?

we don't have flying cars

coincidence?

You have to know people in your field. When you're starting out, you don't know a lot of people so that's why you go to college is to meet others who are also getting educated in the same profession so you can network.

>How the fuck do you fix the job market, when partying literally matters more than studying?

That's not true, faggot. Connections are what matter.

Not to mention the shit loads of Pajeets they import to do the jobs they could've given to their native Canadians. But giving a job to a hard working white man is racist, and Justin Cuckdeau doesn't like that.

yes, the social accountant. i'm familiar with this stereotype.

And yet Sup Forumsstill believes in free markets and that privilege doesn't exist. You just have to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and stop asking for handouts. Everyone can be success if they "just work hard".

> Nobody fucking tells you this. It's just not fair.

Bullshit. Life tried to tell you this all along, you just didn't listen.

You were too busy following instructions, instead of thinking for yourself. Why did you have that 3.8 GPA? Cause someone told you to.

Life is full of people who just do what their told, and then unironically wonder why that didn't work out, when it should be obvious. Don't be one of those people.

Might be too late for you, sounds like.

Here are some tips for you in case you can't figure it out-
-Be resourceful
-do as many internships as possible.
-don't JUST apply via internet. Call any and all friends involved in economics to help give you a job.
-advertise yourself to small businesses in the meantime if you cannot find a job at a large company within 3 months from now
-Don't stop looking for new ways to achieve your goal
-go to other accountants for advice
-walk in to company offices and ask to speak to managers or whoever, while holding the 'aurora' of purpose and importance. If you lack either of those you will appear out of place and your application via in person will fail to impress anyone , nor will it earn you a job.

Last of all, APPLY EVERYWHERE. This includes wallmart, mcdonalds, or any other place (so long as it is related to your skill set in economics)

>tfw everything you said is true

Who would.ve fucking thunk that pragmatic life skills have more value in the .real world. than false digressive education.

*cough* implying 99% of jobs don't require doing what higher-ups tell you to do *cough*

>falling for the HR meme
HR is cancer, and many companies already outsource their HR work. Unless you fit the liberal oppression Olympics booklet, good luck getting a good paying HR job.

>studied and did homework
>3.1

It's not fair that you're fucking stupid, but that's why.

Your sister might be no better qualified, but she played to her strengths (looks, being female) to her an HR job. Why didn't you play your strengths?

It's called "networking" you door knob. Everything in this life is who you know. Quite whining, and go make some contacts/friends.

Sure they do, when you're working at McDonald's. Once you're able to leave the grease pit, yes, employers want their people to be able to make decisions, and think for themselves.

>you literally can't get a job except through nepotism

Defend this.

>graduate high school with a 1.8 gpa
>go to college for an investment banking degree
>get my master of business
>now make six figures a year getting paid to do little work and shit post on Sup Forums and /biz/

Get CPA

Find insurance company that will hire you

Rot in a cubical for the rest of your life wage slave faggot

Is computer science a meme or legit? I want to be a programmer but I don't want to lose my job to Xi and Pajeet in 5 years. Should I be worried?

This. The amount of people who have the technical skills far outstrips the number of jobs. What do you think the deciding factor is?

If anything, employers want people who will stay at a low rank forever.

Confidence, the appearance that you 'belong,' or 'know what you're doing.' You always appear to be at work regardless if you're even actually achieving anything, fit the 'perfect worker' stereotype, never late to work, never late to producing on time, always making suggestions (risky if you don't actually know what you're doing, etc)

It rides the line of being annoying and assertive, just like memes do. Try not to be annoying, and don't let your fear of other people's opinions make you paranoid or nervous.

Do those and you will win. Mostly.

>he fell for the meme that you pay for the piece of paper you receive and not the networking capabilities.

Big time meme. Your options are move to Bay Area where you have to room with 6 people in a shitty apartment even if you make $100k or get outsourced. Specialize instead of being a code monkey.

>never partied, studied and did homework every weekend
>3.1 GPA

I am lazy as fuck, play vidya, work late, and party occasionally and i make 2.9 GPA, are you retarded?

I knew a guy who hired on as VP of a very successful home building company right out of college. His dad and the owner were best friends. Meanwhile guys who had been loyal for decades were told to fuck off.

Fuck nepotism.

>getting a DEGREE in investment banking

You were not kidding about being fucking stupid.

Sort yourself out

If you're worried about Xenping and Pajeet taking your job... yes, you should be worried.

Do you want to be a great programmer, or a mediocre one? If you've got the talent to be a top 5% coder, Xi and Pajeet will never bother you. That takes hard work, dedication, and raw talent.

Otherwise, you're better off being a plumber.

1st off, pol is not one person.
2nd off, to get hired as the 'perfect accountant,' you have to fit the bill.
3rd off, even if those rich kids do get their first job as handouts from their daddies, they will be fired if they suck ass, just like anyone else.
In other words, work hard and you will make it.

This.

Not even, I only did well in the classes I needed in order to graduate and just used the rest as free time or study halls

That's not been my experience at all, I guess it pays to not be a moron.

You're always better off getting into skilled profession or technical jobs. the IT sector is full of dot heads and slants, high finance is full of Shylocks, and corporate ANYWHERE is full of bitchy entitled woman in middle management.

Good for you man. Are you an associate now?

What field still hires based on skill and not >muh connections? Engineering? Trade work?

Heh. Should have played football in high school instead of studying like an idiot

>government employees are so much more competent

Fuck your self

Seriously I want to just do what the immigrants do and try to run a gas station or a restaurant sometimes

I guess it pays more to be your own boss, shit for brains.

You don't fix the job market. You eat shit and die.

Or figure out a way to do it yourself. Even a good job with a good atmosphere and good pay gets old with the fuckery.

Grass is always greener...

Truth. I'm fairly senior in my field and will bail on a job if I get stuck with a Fem boss. No amount of pay is worth that bullshit, I'd rather live on the street and smoke crack.

/thread

FAKE IT DURING THE INTERVIEW. SAVE YOUR MONEY. GET THE FUCK OUT. IT WORKED FOR ME. THE PEOPLE ARE SO OVERSOCIALIZED AND DUMB THEY DON'T EVEN REALIZE WHAT'S HAPPENING, THEY'VE LITERALLY NEVER SEEN OUTSIDE OF THEIR SOCIAL CIRCLE.

>fell for the university meme

You have zero understanding of the Dominance Hierarchy

> I'm my own boss!

Is unemployed.

>walk in there, ask for the manager, and give him a firm handshake
>study hard now, you will be their boss in the future
>just be yourself :^)

Boomer genocide when?

I'm in management In a large corporation, and it's flooded with women, and minorities. It's a shit show. Should have just gone to technical school or something.

Snort a line of cocaine right before your interview.

2.9 in arts is not the same as 2.9 in stem.

1 stem class is about as much work as 2 arts classes, if not more in my experience.

>He believed the GOOD GRADES meme
>He didn't bother networking and instead spent his time studying.

Pro-tip user, solid networking is worth more than 100 degrees and 1000 4.0 GPAS

Wow, I had know idea you were omniscient.

Certain kinds of engineering, like chemical or petroleum, where the serious need for abilities comes into play are good for this. No job is without politics and connections, it's just that they take you less distance in fields where you HAVE to be able to walk the walk and no one can carry you.

Every field will have hiring based on connections. However, the best bet is to master an in demand skill and learn how to showcase/sell it. You may be an engineering wizard, but if nobody knows your skills you won't gain any material wealth from it.

>>how do you fix the job market

The part where you fucked up is assuming someone will fix it. You've got to go west young leaf and find yourself a business/wife.

I don't believe you

How bad is the situation for accountants in Canada? Where I'm at in the USA you are practically handed a job before you graduate with an accounting degree

You have to put in effort to not get a job with a 3.8 gpa and honors

Reminds me so hard of this...

youtu.be/BsxYfYCbVC0

I dropped out of 4th year of civil engineering to become a chef.

Traveled around the world and fucked bitches when I didn't even get a kiss in uni. (engineering grads know what I'm talking about) while I was making okay money working, I would have killed myself if I had to endure school just to get out and have an entry level shit job.

There are more to the world than 9/5 college jobs. Find something marketable that you're passinoate about, and go sell it.

LOL such a liar, it only matters who ya know

>Sleep
>Wake up to sounds of chads smashing exit signs and ceiling tiles in hallway
>Two nights later
>Shitting on toilet, have to be careful because smashed bottles have glass everywhere
>Drunk chads come in and dump bucket of piss in my stall
Chads are literal cancer.

Try not being a dumb fucking leaf.

Its not what you know

Its who you know.

Everyone knows that's what get you the goods.

in canada there is literally nothing in the west except shitty service sector job.

Vancouver has a $15 median wage and a house is 3million dollars.

>t-t-hanks c-china

Im an american with a 3.5, no honors, at a state school and I got hired at PwC ez mode.

I can't believe no one ever told you it's about who you know, not what you know.

I've hired your type user. You're book smart, but you can't socialize for shit. You drag the rest of the teams morale down and make the workplace god damn miserable.

Anyone that flaunts their academic achievements more than their experience/personal skills immediately goes into the trash when I'm hiring. Use this advice wisely.

>Quite frankly employers like to hire people who are light spirited, happy, know how to have a good time and unfortunately you're none of those things.

this is the biggest redpill that I've ever had to swallow and it's bitter as hell

>he didn't network at school

Merit will only get you so far in the real world.

BTW I was like you, so I decided to play the game. It's not a great life.. it's a career and a means to an end. We're all glorified primates... that part of evolution (social interaction) has morphed but is essentially the same. In order to hang with the rest of the monkeys, you have to be the monkey to gain their trust... then you slowly let the autism come out.

9 in 10 slacker Chads I know work shitty low-prestige sales/marketing jobs they hate & beg their parents for rent and grocery money. Their #1 regret is not trying harder in college so they'd qualify for better jobs and grad school (MBA or law school)

How the fuck am I lying? Do some research into accounting jobs. It has some of the highest growth out of any job and is probably the most marketable business degree

this doesnt mesh too well with the economic theory of people being payed their marginal product (value). It is also a mainstay in the wage gap arguments if you think this kind of thing is true

Comp sci is worthless. Many people will avoid hiring you if you have a comp sci degree and actually prefer to hire someone without the degree

does it really?

I thought accounting was being automated faster than almost any other profession

Wheb u graduate take a pic of ur face it will be a great reaction pic for
>tfw fell for highest growth tons of jobs out there, i read it all in article memes

>tfw the only reason you hope for WW3 is so you don't have to worry about getting a wagecuck 9-5

speed it up already Trump

I noticed if HR is full of women with no man in sight your chances as a male goes out the window unless you're a 10/10 Chadmister for said women to snack on during Friday night.

> Unemployed

Will always be an agent of somebody else.
Will always have a boss.
Will never have his name on the door.
Fails at omniscience.

This. 75% of what's wrong with Corporate America is because of HR.

They're fucking cancer for companies.

get

Seriously. Same here. ALL, ALL WOMEN AND FUCKING MINORITIES. they're all so dumb and happy to be there too. This world needs a plague.

mfw 2.8 GPA
majored in CS
already making 75K at well-known tech company

facebook, google, and other tech companies constantly hitting up my LinkedIn inbox
>I'm not even kidding

>Studying Accounting

You will literally be a slave to the Big 4 if you're "lucky". I regret going into accounting every fucking day of my life. Also, you need to be social to be an accountant. Auditing requires working with a team. Just be personable and social (smile autist) in your interview and you should be fine.

>accounting
>Honors
>honor
Ya you should have been like this guy
>better jobs and grad school (MBA or law school)

This isn't your blog