End religious tax exemptions?

Religious institutions generate $80 billion in tax subsidies annually. Is it time for them to go?

Yup. All the 501(c)(3) institutions.

Not until we have another congressional commission investigatigating their anti-American activities. COX and Reece.

DOWN

Can we also return to the standard 99% capital gains tax during wartime as an incentive to keep the powers that be from fighting every war they can turn a profit on?

> During a Republican-controlled House, Senate, and Executive Branch
lol good luck with that

No, religious institutions already contribute to society in form of community-bonding and spiritual guidance and fulfillment.

>Tax churches to pay for disgusting lazy leeches goyim

Fuck off with this shit and never return

why not just end welfare?

You understand that the only thing keeping those tax exemptions from the establishment clause is the rapidly dwindling grey vote right?

>don't tax something
>OMG A SUBSIDY

Yeah that's not how subsidies work. See how navy schools sound survive on subsidies of 0 direct dollars.

Fact: Churches do more for the less fortunate worldwide than any Jewnited states government rationed wealth stealing and redistribution alphabet soup agency ever could.

Another fact: Churches spend 71% of their annual income on things that are not charity

>Giving religious institutions representation in government
Haha no

Fuck off faggot, it would kill the churches.

Fuck off, they already help the poorer families of their congregations out, not to mention organize people to travel to third world countries to build up villages and help their people out.

Send the refugees back and spend the money on the homeless, cucks.

This, trust me if the Govies could tax the church they would.

>>>>>>>Therefore the government is a better place for that money

no

...I'm waiting for the part where that would be a bad thing.

It wouldn't be constitutional anyway. A church that doesn't pay its taxes for whatever reason has its building seized to pay for it. This impeded the ability to worship, which the First Amendment forbids. The Supreme Court has already warned against this. They haven't even had a case because no legislature has had the balls to even test it.

SO even gooder luck with an amendment.

>which the First Amendment forbids

No it doesn't. By that logic, arresting a christian would "impede the ability to worship" by preventing them from going to church on Sunday.

>kill off churches
>what little christan influence is left dies out
>mudshit cult spreads even faster

yeah, this is just atheist salt. Church is the communities heart and soul. These godless leftists like OP are cancer.

And why would only christian churches be taxed?

Prisons have places of worship you moron

Good thing churches aren't paying taxes then.
It's fucking insane how these people can go on about muh food stamps and welfare, and assume that everyone is on board with the idea.

As if stupid propaganda pics like these should make me go ''oh shit, we can feed the poor by taxing the churches? WOW, we should start taxing churches!''

Who the fuck falls for this shit?

They haven't had the balls because the US was rabidly christian. This won't be the case as soon as 2028....

>Let's give the Democrats the right to sic the IRS on churches that don't bow to their faggotry so that we can give more money to their welfare rat base

Please explain to me why I would want this?

Yeah that guy is a real retard

Because the only group that would implement such policies would be the Democratic Party.

Because ((they)) would never allow ((their)) temples to be taxed. And everyone would throw a shitfit about how taxing mosques would oppress the "poor innocent" muslims.

That means that 29% of their budget is spent on charity. Much more than that is spent on services that benefit the community (poor and otherwise alike), but we'll just roll with that for the moment.

Let's just look at how much people donate.
>$114 billion in donations to churches
>this means $33 billion goes to charity from there
>this dwarfs the spending on SNAP
>it goes directly to communities and is distributed by those communities
>the churches control this giving unlike local and federal governments
>in comparison, the #1 good bought with SNAP is soda
>this money is given voluntarily instead of being taxed

Churches do more for their communities, directly at the will of the people rather than through a complicated and difficult to influence bureaucracy, than the government. Taxing them is pointless and would put downward pressure on charitable giving just so that the government could stick its fingers in the pie.

But do you trust the government to not simply steal that money as they've done with virtually every single tax source before it?

I HATE YOU DAD the post

No taxation without representation. If you want churches to pay up then you better find some seats in congress.

Were I a politician back when the church sex abuse scandal broke I would've advocated using RICO to seize every inch of land from the largest landowner in the united states....

WWHII,IV,V,VII,or VIIID?
(What would Henry II, Henry IV, Henry VII, or Henry VIII Do?)

Why do you post info singling out churches and not say synagogues?

You are aware that conservatives have a super pact who's sole goal is to elect clergy to political office?

There is nothing stopping clergy from becoming representatives.

Other than you know voters capacity for rational thought....

>literally in the constitution or something

how about ending the income tax for everyone instead

Religious institutions don't have any income generation aside from donations. They don't make and sell anything. So no, you can look elsewhere for your wealth redistribution you commie fuck.

Its seems like most people dont understand the reason of the tax exemption.

It was implemented to prevent unfavorable religious taxing like what the muslims did. As it generally converts or subjugates people.

The population of people on food stamps and the overall poverty in the country would increase. The real solution is to cut out the food stamps and welfare bullshit.

liberals

FALSE

It was implemented to keep one denomination of christianity from pulling a church of england.

Muslims offer either decreased taxes or tax exemptions for converts depending on the century and level of classic muslim savagery.

Were the US government to institute universal tax on every place of worship-

Not income or property tax but say a tax on everything the church doesn't give?

Taxing money spent on gaudy crucifixes, paintings, panini presses for the clergy, property renovation, and payouts for abuse victims would be a wonderful way to pay for those christian refugees fundamentalists say will be killed by ISIS if we don't take them in.

Damn right tax the mosques at a higher rate to pay for anti terrorism

As an atheist and an american I don't think we should tax mosques at a higher rate.

That just brings us down to a level only a few miles above them.

I would feel less hypocritical if we just used the mosque tax revenue on something all of our CIVILIZED citizens can enjoy. A nearby dogpark perhaps.....