Wtf happened to Stephen Colbert?

I remember the Colbert Report being funny, even if you didn't agree with his politics most of the time. His new late show is just preachy garbage, I can't even watch a minute of it.

How did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI
youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI
youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412
youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A
youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160
youtube.com/watch?v=fVAZGb2Opbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IF YOU CLAP I WILL CONSIDER THAT A VIOLATION OF THE NAP AND SUMMARILY EXECUTE YOU FOR TRESPASSING ON NBC PROPERTY

He is so brave.

He's always been a part of the problem. Being a thinly veiled radical was not enough for him or anyone anymore.

Also, Jon Stewart was like a leash, but that was already fraying before he left.

Imagine being Colbert and being really into comedy, doing sketch and improv work. You make films like strangers with candy. Then you get your big break with being a daily show correspondent. Making regular money, and maybe getting a career in a major show or movie. But you become know doing an impersonation of a republican. You watch Carrel with a hit tv show. You get to play second fiddle behind stewart, doing a minstrel impression of a man who is already a character. And you do this. For. Years. But finally you get a spot on late night. Finally big leagues with big league pay and big league recognition. Then your ratings arent so good. Rumors circulate of being replaced. Then Trump comes along. Reluctantly you start doing bits about him here and there. Somehow he wins. You still hold out for a bit, but before inauguration day you cave and start doing tons of bits on trump. Reviving shit you thought you left behind to make fun of trump. Doing 10min monologues all about trump. Even bringing him up in fucking interviews. This gets the ratings, and this is now your life. You went from being a caricature of a republican every night to talking endlessly about someone you call a caricature of a human. And there is no escape. This is not an exit.

Colbert Report was never funny, it was a liberal circlejerk just like his faggy show now

You remember wrong. You have been woken to a new reality. Go back and watch any old show of his now and they will all disgust you.

This image is hilarious because you know whoever capped it spent like an hour scrubbing through the video to cherrypick the one frame that made him look as hysterical as possible, when the tone of the monologue is pretty much just like his others.

In the end, redcaps get upset about naughty words.

>I remember the Colbert Report being funny
it was never funny. it's just that you were like 12 when it came out

You grew up

weak genes

this. I used to like him but i just watched some old episodes. WEW. At least I was smart enough to hate the other jew.

Colbert was never funny. You just became more intolerant of opposing viewpoints

>being such a big fan the cognitive dissonance won't allow you to see the truth for what it is. making people abide by their own rules.

stay mad

Is no one going to check these numbers?

He was funnier when he played a character.

It's funny to see the right get bent out of shape about him, though.

Cock holster!

The dude has always been a Democrat. When he was on the Colbert Show it was a parody of Republicans, but it was pretty lighthearted so people on both sides could laugh at it. When he got to the Late Show they told him that the 'Colbert' persona belonged to Comedy Central, so he just had to act like the liberal prick he really is.

He's got a severe case of semitism.

Cultural Marxist propaganda. Take a look at who owns the "entertainment" and news media.

The truth about immigration by the numbers:

>youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxist Jews Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:

>youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:

>youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:

>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:

>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

Cultural Marxist Jews fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:

>youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI

Does this sound familiar at all? (starting at 6:52)

>youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412

The Holocaust:

>youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A

>youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk

>youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160

You must be from the other timeline.

But it's true that he's dispensed with even the pretense of humor.

semiticism

It's a mirror image of one side of his face.

"Did you see the news today. Oh lordy Ronald Blumph (shakes head) RONALD BLUMPH amirite?

(CROWD GOES GODDAMN NUTS)

His blowhard conservative persona was certainly one of the more funnier things to come out of america desu

Fucking this.

>Feeding Anita left wing softballs that she failed and not following up on it.

NAME THREE GAMES

>She couldn't

Everything wrong with the country in that photo.

This is the exact moment Colbert jumped the shark.

This post is hilarious because you know whoever wrote it spent 30 minutes scribbling up all the ideas he could to defend some jew nobody here ever liked.
>y-you guys are losers
You're words have no power here.

Because Colbert Report was satire. Satire takes effort. Now, he can just be himself. Being yourself takes no effort.

It wasn't that bad because it actually had jokes in it. Now his jokes just consist of saying "trump sucks"

Does anyone know somebody that un ironically watches his show on a regular basis? Or late night shit in general? I just don't believe that people consume this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=fVAZGb2Opbs

Literally a ten second post. I probably took another ten filling out captchas.

Will the Aussies ever stop shitposting?

wew, you hit it right on the head there. Now I somewhat feel bad for this guy now. He is stuck in limbo now, he can't just quit, because he will be remembered as that late night host with a hard on for hating Trump. If he tries to change the course of the show, his ratings will die and he will be replaced with someone who will gladly preach about Fuck Drumpf etc. etc. Truly, Colbert has fallen from grace, and I do not see a way out that doesn't involve public masturbation, shaving his head, and getting hooked on amphetamines.

Also, checked

He was funny when he was being satirical of the rightwing in a lighthearted way.

Now he's just an annoying claptrap for the DNC.

trips of truth

thx
needed that flag

DIMPLED DWARF HAPPENED.

i used to think Colbert was actually hilarious, I even bought the fuckers book back in 2009, I still have it...

I don't know what set him down such a dark path

I remember a study from a while back, maybe early 2000s that concluded that a decent chunk (10-15%) of people who are "watching" those shows have fallen asleep with the TV on.

Obviously, a room for error and I myself think that's a bit liberal, but I'd say 5-7 are old fuckers who fell asleep during the news.

>implying Trump supporters get upset about naughty words
Yeah, I'm sure a Trump supporter would be real upset if you said the word nigger.
Not like those racist Democrats. :^)

I'm from new zealand thanks (not that anyone cares)

Also im not shitposting his early works were much funnier that the average american comedian.

I used to watch the late late show with tv's craig ferguson every night for four or five years. I can't even look at a late night talk show now.

So Colbert calling Trump Putin's cock-holster is cool with you, yeah?

I remember literally racing home from work to watch his show back in 2007. I was such a faggot.

Is he still going? I always enjoyed Craig, never got a whiff of SJWism off him, but then again I was oblivious back then.

This might be the case.

It's pretty faggy/projection-y but yeah.

>i dont like colbert
no one cares, stop watching him

RARE
A
R
E
also STAHP KLAPPIN
LONALD KRUMP RAAAAAAAHHHHH

Political humor is the unfunniest form of humor. You only think it's funny because of the endorphins you get from agreeing.

he has a tv show on the History Channel now talking about history, plus he got a new tattoo on his forearm.

pic related

"I mean folks, stop me if you've heard this one. Seriously now, stop me. RONALD DAAARUMPH. (laughs) Ohhhhh You Know? RONALD FRICKIN BLUMPGH.

(CROWD GOES GODDAMN APE SHIT / 65 YEAR OLD WOMAN SUFFERS HEART ATTACK FROM LAUGHING SO HARD)

"Ole' RONALD GARUMPH. man"

If I can say that clinton is a corporate whore then yes

COLBERT is a puppet of the jews
He doesn't write his material.

I saw in an interview once he admitted he doesn't know much about politics. Colbert is just a tool.

he was acting in the colbert report

>eternal scotts always trying to ripoff superior american culture

have you ever noticed that assblasted euros pretend that they are snarky about americans copying them, yet their entire continent is LARPing as american culture?

I guess he has run out of ideas on how to make fun of Borkeldald Kabonkzurp?

iiluummannattiii brain control

Nothing worse than unfunny memes screenshotted shittily with a phone. Get out, plebbit.

Well, we did basically shape modern culture with the Cold War. To paraphrase Civ V, they all started wearing our blue jeans and listening to our rock n roll. So it's no surprise that they might be LARPers. But, I think Craig is a US citizen now, and he never hated the country, so I can't be mad that he wants to be a patriot.

>this is the same guy who did the man show
what happened

He became preachy. It happens when someone thinks they ought to use their celebrity status to help people by means other than by being a dancing monkey

So anyway.. toanld drumpf!

same. good book too

He sold his soul.

The exact moment can be when his sister decided to exploit his fame to run for Congress. Podesta gave his talentless sister millions of dollars on her failed campaign in order to get Colbert in debt to the DNC, with the "payment" being that he's now their personal whore, shilling whatever bullshit narrative they want.

Colbert went along with it because he's a cuck, but I'm sure there were promises being made (furthering his sister's delusions of being famous via a political career, perhaps Colbert getting Splicer's job under a Hillary administration given how badly his ratings were and how CBS were seriously looking to replace him last year).

But his friendship with Podesta now means that he's wholesale untouchable save for the Hand of God. Like Stewart, he's now part of the liberal Illuminati as one of their top courtiers.

It's ironic, that the Daily Show hosts who DID leave the show for Hollywood (Carrel, Helms, Riggle, Walls, Rocco, Cordray) still have their fucking souls. While the Bees/Johns and Stewarts and Colberts, who's ambitions led them to fucking eye a position of power in Washington's elite liberal circles, are now the truly soulless abominations; their shrill, venomous voices hiding the soullessness of their insides.

perhaps this colbert fellow you speak of is tied up with that one scandal... pizzzagate, that's the one. Mabey he's a satanic pedophile worried that trump will send all his friends to prison, maybe even colbert himself. he acts like it's not a joke anymore, he's not funny because he's scared... mabey idk

Possible. Like I said above, he's got deep fucking ties to Podesta via his sister.

SPLONALD BLUMPGFH??

He is going to commit career suicide soon.

He became exactly what he was satirizing.

Best thing he's done is Harvey Birdman.

It happened because he did what was needed.
Listen up, I know racism is a common practice among you frog posters, but stop. Just. Stop. America and indeed the West, are founded upon the values of freedom, equality, elimination of oppression, and striving for a safety space for every person that calls out country a home, and yes, that even means the internet too. Oppression anywhere, is oppression here.

We should be against walls, we should be against fear, we should be against bigotry and skin privilege. If survival is our goal, then coming together and working toward
diversity is our only way forwards. History is progressive in nature, not backwards.

It's 2017, be a better them.

>it's current year

Like many US tv personalities he acted most of it
It's all fake
he just had no shame to say what the audience either wanted to hear or what ruffled their feathers

this is how US tv works, you get bad ratings, you go the extra mile to make a fuzz and get people talking about you, you'll say anything, even when it's shit and you don't believe in it.
When your show is doing great you just try to be funny and not offend any part of your fanbase.

It's like hollywood and their cronies attempting to make every movie pg13 so even the kids will lay down some dosh to watch it, you just want the widest possible audience, there is no goal, let alone integrity.

No it's not it's currently last year.

Sup Forums has a superior meme.

Clearly that inappropriate picture there means that you're a damned envious racist without knowing it. People of color have contributed an equal amount to the world at large. These
new formats on our cherished institutions of cable broadcast are just temporary fluxes within the population. Both the
People and this government will continue to do what is right. Which is resisting Fascism like any good American. Not all people of melanin enrichment are bad as you insinuate. I understand though, if I weren't able to satisfy my significant
other, I'd be unhappy too.

Colberts top moments:
1.Better Know a District
2. The White House Corespondents Dinner he hosted

DON'T CLAP UNTIL I TELL YOU TO!!!

I'LL TELL YOU PEOPLE WHAT TO THINK!!

It's literally guise. Let's get raped by sandniggers cuz white privledge m'kay?

R A R E

Th-that was a lifetime ago, user... Things... change.

At least Carolla's still sorta based.

>People of color have contributed...

We don't say 'colored people' anymore. It's 2017. Even if you rearrange the words you're still a racist faggot.

1) Whoever was writing for him on the Report had wit and a keen sense of satirical humor. Clearly somebody besides Colbert was the brains behind the Report.

2) Colbert has gone gone full retard, possibly out of fear of being outed as a pedo in this whole Pizza Gate scandal. Possibly out of desire to virtue signal like a faggot.

Haven't you seen the webms of just him talking, unedited? He genuinely looked unhinged for a good 10 seconds. He still struggles to maintain composure every now and then.

Same thing that happens to anyone who sells out.

They get paid to change their content to suit the payer.

There's a really good article recently about Jimmy Kimmel. He refuses to get 'preachy' and make his shot 'all about Trump' and he's being pressured by execs. His ratings aren't doing as well as others and it doesn't look good. He's being hounded to go harder on Trump because that's what the audience wants. Colbert just bent the knee for more money.

Liberals just want a guy to shout about how much 'we all hate Trump, right guys?' in a big echo chamber.

The jews gave him many bags of shekels

>this government will continue to do what is right.
>Which is resisting Fascism like any good American.
If I wasn't literally shaking right now I could swear you were trolling.

Disagree given how his cancerous ass killed Harvey Birdman. They retooled the entire show to basically revolve all around his character and he bails on it the moment the Colbert Report got greenlighted.

By this point, his character is literally Poochie with everything and everyone existing to pander to his character and when they wrote him out, the show collapsed upon itself because of the damage caused to it by turning it into the Stephen Colbert Show.

?
also B R I M P F

>comedy central man show - few shekels
>national broadcast shit show - many shekels

He ate too much pizza.

TRIGGERED KEKS.

>It's 2017

(literally current year).

>inb4 "wrong side of history"