"Crashed PC at a pizza shop reveals facial recognition details"

"you can't fucking escape from surveillance anymore, user. eyes are fucking everywhere and they're recording it all.

that's some fucking creepy shit.... future will be much worse."

- user on Sup Forums

we can't win this...

Other urls found in this thread:

aimsuite.intel.com/
aws.amazon.com/pt/rekognition/
face-api.sightcorp.com/demo_basic/
barrettbrown.blogspot.no/2012/08/the-facts-on-cubic-and-trapwire-abraxas.html
arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/11/beware-of-ads-that-use-inaudible-sound-to-link-your-phone-tv-tablet-and-pc/
youtube.com/watch?v=V4TVDSWuR5E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is this program assuming gender? Fucking shitlord program get with the times it's 2017 for sweetie's sake.

what kind of pizza shop is this

oh man, they can tell your gender and rough age?! what is this, 1984???

it has values for the smile/ customer satisfaction

Holy shit, did this software even ask these people what gender they identify as before blindly labelling them?

intel and other main companies are doing this

aimsuite.intel.com/
aws.amazon.com/pt/rekognition/
face-api.sightcorp.com/demo_basic/

The kind politicians in DC like

What do you think those cameras on your phones are for? Measure your reaction to advertising and content. People are just figuring this out?

I heard about this shit from some waitress. Apparently chain restaurants use this stuff for metrics on customer satisfaction and will give poor performance reviews if customers don't smile enough.

That's beyond idiotic. What about people like me who almost never smile?

A company a relative works for has been selling analytics tech for a while, if you've ever been into a big place with cameras, you've been scanned

>if customers don't smile enough

QUICK, SOMEONE ALERT THE FEMINISTS!

>suddenly a trap walks in
>female

Proof traps aren't gay.

barrettbrown.blogspot.no/2012/08/the-facts-on-cubic-and-trapwire-abraxas.html

Tried posting what's in pic but it's flagged.

Who still uses Team Viewer?

why does a fucking pizza place have putty? You using shells to ircd?

This is a customer running an app inside a script inside a pizza place

>implying some shitty food place 2 blocks away from me has enough money for software that identifies people
ayy lmao

This. None of this makes sense for a pizza place.

You're an outlier, also an outcast. So no one really cares about (You)

If this is even real, so what? Its making observations that any 3 year old can make.

Yes, and so do you if you can't see the bigger scope of this.

Its not crashed but a display of the data scanned by the cameras. Theres a possibility that more in depth data and probably pictures have been logged too. I'm addition, they could cross reference scan/picture times with order data and identify everyone plus address and number from the order

Windows user running putty.exe
Topkek bro

interesting

want to bet your phone does it too?

Sharp

IN THE COUNCILS OF GOVERNMENT, WE MUST GUARD AGAINST THE ACQUISITION OF UNWARRANTED INFLUENCE, WHETHER SOUGHT OR UNSOUGHT, BY THE MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL-COMPLEX

>male
>female
Hold up, Mr. Roboto! Did you just assume my gender?!

>putty.exe
>2017

I use Putty a lot, what else is there if you're on a Windows machine and need to log in to *nix system?

>putty.exe
Pathetic

My employer when I first started working there had some hack job duct taped together business management "software suite" that included putty. Oh the memories.

It's still a little convoluted. We have terminals that run windows CE that opens up telnet to connect to linux shells.

Like literally. The only thing WinCE does is connect to software running on the linux shell.

I've heard talk of a major supermarket chain installing facial recognition software at the checkouts so phase two can start displaying ads on screen around the shop based upon previous purchases.

>hurrhurr i have nothing to hide so I have nothing to fear. only crazy schizophrenic people are paranoid about every ounce of humanity being squeezed out of the world by the encroachment of technology.

you could cover the webcam....

speaking of crazy, I have no idea what the fuck your point is.

It wasn't directed at you. I was bouncing it off what you had to say. Everythings getting all dystopian fucky cyberpunk bullshit in the world, and it's being enabled by people who peddle "nothing to fear nothing to hide" bullshit.

Like, how simpleminded are people? There's other things to fear than just direct physical oppression.

What's wrong with putty?

The leaf is right, nobody cares about you and nobody likes you.

Have you considered suicide?

I hate this fucking broscience logic HR makes up to look less useless

>Wow he picked the chair that looks at the door, does he have trust issues?
>Hm, red tie, 16% higher chance of anger mismanagement, can we risk that?
>Blinking 40 times in a minute shows he has adhd, minor backpain and an aversion to asians, good thing we spent 50,000 dollars on the blink-counting machine!

If a customer is not happy he will call the manager. The main reason he'll never come back is your shitty fucking food

ahh, my apologies then.

Yeah, the nothing to fear bullshit pisses me off. They're not doing this for our benefit, it's for them and their shareholders.

All these years spent at a computer screen and I have no idea what the fuck your talking about. I have wasted my life.

I use putty daily in order to access our computer cluster

Silicon Valley ain't your friends anymore. Don't. Trust. Them.

I'm with you Syrup man. I've been having conversations with friends for a while that, in the future, there will probably be many more breakaway communities will form that will, essentially, be Luddite or Amish. Not necessarily a rejection of all technology, but a rejection of spying technologies. That will include the right to privacy as a principle.

I think it's the fact that businesses that are run by the kinds of people that are always like
>muh free market
>muh pay for my products
>muh profits makes it better
>muh competition makes it cheaper
are using open source software. Which should be shit by their own logic.

That and it's a hallmark of a business software suite that is just mashed together from whatever the tech guy could afford on a paltry budget.

>I want to review these invoices. I better open up putty, select this spaghetti script, in order to send the invoices over to the dot matrix printer so that I can print a copy for review.

>Who still uses Team Viewer?
I do. Is there a redpilled pro-white 14/88 remote support tool that does NAT traversal that I should be using instead?

cygwin
ssh username@host:port
No much difference though

Yep. If you don't want to spied on then don't use electronics. No one is forcing me to use this phone/computer.

>The main reason he'll never come back is your shitty fucking food
or the useless spics and niggers you employ

I'm almost ready for that. Technology doesn't really improve most people's lives at all. Oh, you can make this widget twice as fast. You better produce twice as much now or you're fired. Oh, you're mentally strained from having to think twice as fast? Well why don't you go fuck yourself.

Why would a for profit business be opposed to getting free labor? Just because they don't want to give away their product for free doesn't mean they won't happily increase their profit margin by making use of something someone else gave away.

You seem very well informed. Are you a web page designer or something?

And communications tech used to be great for a while. You log onto messenger. Oh look, there's bob. You type back and forth for an hour and catch up without having to leave the house and you don't have to pay for a long distance call. great.

Except now that everything is always connected all the time on social media, bob can't be assed to give you the time of day.
>IF YOU LIKE ME YOU'LL READ MY FEED AND HIT THE LIKE BUTTON, I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR BANTER
Fuck this stupid shitty world.

No, but are you aware of how invasive the tracking is becoming?

TV adverts that play tones outside of the range of human hearing that get picked up by apps you have installed. From that they know if you've seen their ad, from GPS data they know where you are, and tie that in to the other data that gets collected they can identify you and use all of that tailor adverts on your phone/PC.

arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/11/beware-of-ads-that-use-inaudible-sound-to-link-your-phone-tv-tablet-and-pc/

No, no...they're still faggots, don't worry.

Nah I'm just speaking from personal experience. I'm a dumb labourer. For a while I was doing invoice related work on one of my shifts because "You seem smart, can you do computer on fridays?". And when I was first trained we had some shitty convoluted system. And then they just switched over to an expensive all-in-one commercial software suite and 90% of what I was trained to do just went right out the window, including the putty.exe part. And of course the guy who set up putty.exe was also another "you seem smart". And then they also hired a proper IT department.

>watching TV
>current year +2.43

>Smiling constantly
What the fuck this is a strictly american thing, why would you smile for no reason? You're devaluing smiling

kek

you should keep up, losers

assuming gender? that computer is a BIGOT who needs to check their electronic privilege

I've never understood this. Why the default emotional state of a human should be unconcerned retarded giddyness.

It's like
>What's wrong user? you aren't smiling
Fuck you. What's right with you? Oh yes, nothing. You don't even deserve to be happy right now. You happy because you're coming to do menial work for foreskin merchants? I loath to think how low of a creature one must be to be perfectly okay with that.

Again, it's not that I'm against modern technology. I love modern technology.

I'm really against some random shit app that uses my location services to tell where I am inside buildings and shit.

Like, I didn't sign up for that and I feel like there will come a time when people say enough is enough and demand a stop to it or breakaway. That's not to say there won't be people that will then come along and try the same thing in shady ways again. Of course there will.

And the cycle will repeat.

Wtf that's a Norwegian pizza chain called Peppes Pizza. Even used to work there. Spooky

>I love modern technology.
Stop lying to yourself. It makes your existence feel purposeless.

justify why a pizza place would need this

Single EXE vs. Downloading and running an entire *nix compatibility layer. That's intense.

Good thing I wear sunglasses even indoors.

We Minority Report now
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBaiKsYUdvg

Marketing to certain demographics. If Males 18-30 is 90% of their customers, maybe they don't want to market to women 30+.

>Stop lying to yourself. It makes your existence feel purposeless.
No. To have a device I carry in my pocket that has the ability to look up the entire compendium of human knowledge, through all of recorded history, in seconds is something that I still don't think we've actually comprehended yet. THAT is what I love. It makes me look at existence with awe and want to add to it.

The privacy stuff I don't care for.

At this point though human existence has been devalued and reformed to the point of being worth nothing more than computer algorithms predicting the exchange of money and resources.

Unless you worship this exchange of money and resources like some kind of religion then it's easy to see that human life is now meaningless and obsolete.

The next logical step is to cull the surplus population. Only those required to service the highest rungs of the social ladder are necessary; their being chosen to survive will be motive enough for them to work; to continue their existence for nothing more than the basic necessities; but they too will eventually be replaced by technology.

Bump this is creepy as fuck

>Single EXE vs. Downloading and running an entire *nix compatibility layer. That's intense.
Agreed. Having redundant windows layer below normal working nix layer is intense and excessive.

Found the place, don't think they have computers there. Confirmed BS

>don't think
>confirmed

Nice try

That's funny, because I recently got "big-brother" coupons in the mail from Target.
Coupons I stuff that I purchased recently.

>The main reason he'll never come back is your shitty fucking food

This. 90% of Restaurants can get away with murder if they make great food at a good price point.

fpbp!
made me kek muh sides!

NEETS win again

cant track me if I dont leave the house

>what kind of pizza shop is this

Question of the decade.

I like this. The world is approaching a long dreamed utopia of scientific and technological advancement of scale never imagined before. These are the results of the brilliance of mankind, and they are being injected into our everyday's lives. Highly complex algorithms devised by some of the most clever geniuses alive and dead are now in action, monitoring the environment and collecting data for the betterment of the future. Privacy, culture and tradition are nothing but artifacts of obsolete times. We are entering a new era, where God is replaced by the devices invented by humans.

Why are you afraid of? This is what the man always strove for. Order, organization, efficiency, power, structure! This is the old, good capitalism, with a new, modern, digital face. Think about the future and what it's promising! Human factories! Intergalactic travel! Terraforming! It's fantastic.

Don't choose the path of a Luddite. They lost once, and they will lose again. Notice, that with this, you agree with the lefties, and you know they're wrong. This is the future! Don't try to stop it, embrace it!

lol this

>All this technological marvel and splendor.
>Squander it all on more efficient pizza distribution.
This world can't be destroyed soon enough.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BOY?

>being a mopey faggot no one likes
kys

Apparently you're unaware of the fact that EVERYONE is being spied on, even if they opt out of using phones and computers. This stuff is in the streets, in the malls, in offices, train stations, even the phones OTHER people are carrying around are watching and recording 3rd party people in public. When someone is reading their phone in front of you, the camera is pointed at YOU and recording YOU. Learn.

I'm 99% sure it's intentional and/or fake and it's supposed to spark debate about surveillance.

>Not smiling 24/7 means you have to look sad 24/7
Fuck off you look ridiculous

this shit is unnerving. it is important to be outraged despite it being benign because this is a slippery slope

not being ironic or sarcastic

What a pathetic attitude to take. Technology knows no boundaries, no limits. The subject it's applied on takes away none of its glory. Do you know how soda cans are made? Do you know the efficiency the machines achieve when making soda cans? Yes, the same soda cans you drink from and crush every day. Do you know the evolution and time spent to improve them? Go watch a video, see for yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=V4TVDSWuR5E

Translation - former employer threw together a bunch of different software and hoping it would work together.
In one shoddy attempt to communicate with the outside world, they used some defunct Microsoft shitware

tell me more cletus

Proof?

HE HAS BETRAYED US!

So, this can't work at all in Finland.