Can't kids keep their balance nowadays? Are kids now also going to ride bicycles with helper wheels forever, too?

Can't kids keep their balance nowadays? Are kids now also going to ride bicycles with helper wheels forever, too?
Something is incredibly wrong with parenting today.

>that time when I was 12 and rode down the sidewalk of a very steep street and ran over a bunch of gravel and crashed violently, knocking the breath out of me throwing me onto the road as I looked at cars driving toward me

Wouldn't trade that for some faggy scooter.

the old version caused alot of accidents when turning. The new version prevents sharp turns.

you can't really do tricks with the one on the left

In France it is not even the kids who use this shit but men in their 30s

>00s
Stop doing this. How do you pronounce this, "the oh ohs"? It's called the 2000s, TWO THOUSANDS!

it's often pronounced "the aughts"

"aught" is an archaic word for zero; you might hear an old person refer to the year 1903 as "nineteen-aught-three"

Shit, this is kinda close to my own style.

it's the "dub-lohs"

That explains Le Pen

Zeroes..

Those scooters are common for uni students that go to my engineering school. They use motorized ones though. Pretty cool.

Google "ripstik". Kids a riding two wheeled skate boards that twist in the middle and have caster wheels. That makes scooters of old look like nothing.

>hey use motorized ones though.
My inner 8 year old is exited.

>They use motorized ones though.
HOW WILL YOU BURN THE CALORIES??

>impossible to turn with any sort of precision
>if front wheel hits a pebble it comes to a complete halt and you fall forwards
>fucking slices your foot off when you lift it off the ground

how is the old one superior?

Seen literally the same guy yesterday, but with electric patinette

It always has and always will be the noughties, plebs.

Motorized scooters like that are overpriced trash though.
I don't know if there is a particular name for it but some old scooters had a small pedal wit ha spring you could pump on to make the read wheel spin faster.
Now that was breddy gud

why are all continental europeans fags?

Life lessons there son. Need those to make you a man.

Which explains why all our boys now become women.

>turning
>not leaning like on a bicycle
These people should be sterilized.

We had these in the early 90's nigger. They were called sidewinders...and I wanted one but never got it :(

It has to do will initial skill and the learning curve..

Anyone can ride the 2nd gen, but the old one need "practice" to master.
Nowadays even fewer people know what hardship is anymore.

this

a goddamn spaniard teaching you fucks how to read american

I have witnessed some bad crashes back in the day and fell on pavement myself quite a few times

but kids are much better suited for this kind of stuff. you are much smaller and lighter so you only bleed but don't get serious injuries

you talk like an old man

That changes facts, how?

I call it the "turn of the century"
1900s were the "turn of the last century"

I prefer my skateboards not have a stick.

I call it the "double zero after the 19th century double zeros"

True, scooters were the fedoras of "extrem sports"
fuck off longboard is the autistic cousin of skateboarding

>tfw no Nordic

skate shoes also... used to be these thick comfortable shoes designed for a skateboard

now.. more shit than ever on the market not really designed with skating in mind..but fashion

wish i brought more back in early 2000s

This is pathetic, modern kids are pathetic. They can't even ride a bicycle nowadays.
When I was still a young kid, maybe 11 years old, I was already riding with my tuned moped like crazy. Top speed was 100kmh/h. Moped was just like this.

Blame insurance companies. All they want is to collect and never pay out. Stay safe!

money you fucking faget

you are brainwashed you know that? believing that kids have balance problems are you fucking kidding me?

in reality you are annoyed for no reason, stop it, you are not different than those you dislike right now

you have a sense of superiority without being superior, and your post is proof of that

>tfw you will never practice riding your bike late into the evening on summer days.
>tfw you will never feel the rush and excitement as you keep your balance pedaling, going faster and faster.
>tfw when you will never experience your little brain panic and think OH FUCK IM GONNA CRASH because you cant stop.

holy shit and my days on a scooter were even better. I had a cheap scooter and the front pin would come out from time to time. It taught me two things: how to improvise and fix things, and how to take a fall.

but lets be honest. most people in europe dont own cars and take the bus or subways. a bike is a little hefty to lug around.

the scooters on the right aren't ubiquitous yet; kids- even where i live in portland- still fuck around on what i did as a kid (left in pic related), and some fuck around on the hover boards/the ones that make a snake motion to move around. maybe come to the US/some other developed country before hypergeneralizing as if you've uncovered some massive societal deficiency
thanks for the keks

My first bike gave me countless stiches. Not all at once, but gradually

I'd like to get an electric skateboard, they are pretty good now
it's amazing how far the technology has come in such a short time, big ass clunky electric scooters used to need like a 24 hour charge to give you a half hour of ride time at 15 mph
now skateboards are giving you 25-50 mile ride range on a single charge at 30+ mph

My scooter in the 90s had inflatable tires and handbrakes. The razor scooters were shit by comparison.

That's what a scooter was when I was a kid. Was that late 80s or early 90s? Way better than the ones now. The ones now really may as well be skateboards.

There are no "parents" nor parenting anymore. Just single sluts.

You fuckin serious mate only cunts use those and little kids like 3-4 all other cunts use the bloody good scooters or those stunt ones. Plus why do you care so much is your cuntry so boring you shit your pants over scooters.

nice ad hominem bruh
you fat fucks can't even balance on a scooter lmao

In bong we call them the naughties

noughties*