Jesus fucking Christ, which Bible do I pick?

Jesus fucking Christ, which Bible do I pick?

>KJV
how doth ye read thvs shite?

>NIV
corrupt as hell

>NAB
catholic

>RSV/NRSV
liberal trash

>HCSB
for profit

>NASB
word-for-word, might as well learn greek

>TLB
thought-for-thought, just no

>The Message
straight from satan himself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLOSqw62GeU
discord.gg/ewnqhmP
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbLK_PR8H4
youtube.com/watch?v=JbhBFwz2URw
youtube.com/watch?v=ypRb8Z3dMRs
amazon.com/Christianity-First-Three-Thousand-Years/dp/0143118692/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494519498&sr=8-1&keywords=history of christianity
cph.org/t-TLSB-features.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus
eskimo.com/~lhowell/bcp1662/
biblegateway.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop being protestant

I use ESV

Eth Cepher

Chapter 13. The funeral pile is erected

This, then, was carried into effect with greater speed than it was spoken, the multitudes immediately gathering together wood and fagots out of the shops and baths; the Jews especially, according to custom, eagerly assisting them in it. And when the funeral pile was ready, Polycarp, laying aside all his garments, and loosing his girdle, sought also to take off his sandals,— a thing he was not accustomed to do, inasmuch as every one of the faithful was always eager who should first touch his skin. For, on account of his holy life, he was, even before his martyrdom, adorned with every kind of good. Immediately then they surrounded him with those substances which had been prepared for the funeral pile. But when they were about also to fix him with nails, he said, Leave me as I am; for He that gives me strength to endure the fire, will also enable me, without your securing me by nails, to remain without moving in the pile.

What does this mean?

He is referring to himself. Why do you thing protestant contradixt the early christians?

choose the teachings of unarius
youtube.com/watch?v=JLOSqw62GeU

>believing the bible is the divinely inspired word of god

w-e-w

ESV is the way to go OP.

What's your problem with the NIV? If you don't want KJV because Olde Englishe then NIV is perfect, and also footnotes, every time a NT guy quotes scripture(which is every time these guys speak) there's a footnote to that quote.
But anyway just use biblegateway and read it however you want, read different translations side by side if you want. We're not savages, this is the information age, dipshit.

Get an authorized king james its much easyer to read

It depends what you're reading for.

NIV is closest to the "original".
KJV is known for being the most beautifully written.
NRSV is what most Bible colleges use. Bart Ehrman recommends this one also.

Book of Enoch

King James is not that difficult to read after some reading. I can't make a post without shilling to the Christian Discord link is below.

>Link
discord.gg/ewnqhmP

NIV is shit

you mean like selling indulgences when Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple in the Gospel?
Or when they made false idols out of saints?
Shit my bad these are things the Catholic Church did

>tfw when the "infallible word of God" has thousands of variations

I have a Douay–Rheims and Jerusalem Bible, both Roman Catholic translations. I refuse to read KJV.

Or like removing BOOKS of the Bible, contradicting the early christians and creating a christianity that is shit?

Oh wait, proddies are all those things

>NIV is closest to the "original
>translated by a lesbian

>bible
>2017

pick one

EOB

Learn Latin, then read the Vulgate.

all you need is the Latin Vulgata

Go NABRE.

Study Latin and read the one not get "translated".

And the answer is: no one cares

delet

Nice one, Juan.

ESV is breddy gud

King James

I study with a Jehovahs Witness and we use the New World Translation. It's super easy to read. Download the JW Library app from the App Store or go to JW.org to read the Bible for free

>KJV is known for being the most beautifully written.
>and is the only bible not missing important words
A song to help you m.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbLK_PR8H4

BEGOME ORDODOGS :DD

Quad 7's. Should I go Ortho, Catholic, Pagan, or Agnostic Atheist?

It was translated by a team of people, as are all Bibles. It's considered to be closest to the original by nearly all Biblical critics.

The Roman Catholics at least managed to assimilate Christianity with European culture. Saints are like the heroes from sagas.

Go Catholic mate.

The bible clearly states the 144000 are jews you are not a jew you have been lied to

Read the ESV. It is super easy to read and is an accurate word for word translation.
But have a KJV and Interlinear to back up spots where the ESV changes things.

Catho or ortho

Orthodox. Catholics are the definition of heresy not to mention cuck Francis.

Then why didn't the Catholics allow the gnostic gospels? Funny how the Catholics get to determine what books go in the Bible but nobody else does

Learn Latin and read the vulgate you faggot

ESV

Or if you want to be based, Tyndale

I have an NRSV I got from the Jesuits in college. also used to have one just labeled "the Bible" I got in religious education classes when I was like 7. dunno where it is now.

t. catholic

youtube.com/watch?v=JbhBFwz2URw

Just watch this video. It will help. The ESV is the best for now but beware of certain things about it.

>gnostic gospels
Because they're fabricated and mixed with Neoplatonic writing.

Paid shills that bible is shit team of lesbians what do you mean by original lol you either have a bunch of books and letters or the catholic bible there is no original

Maybe because it is full of shit like your head

>Jesuits...

youtube.com/watch?v=ypRb8Z3dMRs

Catholic actually more orthodox than orthodox until the modern catholic change make it unorthodox than orthodox.

>reading the vulgate
>having all the early church fathers sound retarded because they're not quoting the vulgate, but instead they had the Vetus Latina

KJV is the only answer

Esv

I am less interested in reading the bible (given that it will take me longer to comprehend what they are trying to say than I have time for) and just picking up this 1000 page history of Christianity, written by a mainstream believer.

Hitchens mentions that he read this quite in depth

amazon.com/Christianity-First-Three-Thousand-Years/dp/0143118692/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494519498&sr=8-1&keywords=history of christianity

The catholic bible is the only bible that contains the apocryphal texts

what am I supposed to do about it, they gave me a free fucking ride. the theology teacher wasn't even a Jesuit, he was fucking Orthodox. only ever had one Jesuit professor and he taught ethics in the digital realm. so like copyright and shit.

Personally I'd start with
1)Epic of Gilgamesh
2) Anything you can dig about Akkadians
3) Torah ( Adam Lillith then came Eve ) ( Abel Cain and Seth )
4) You can cuck yourself with whatever bible you want then.

KJV ONLY

Chapter 13 of what book?

There'a lot of context lost when looking at that quote. It was common held believe back then that Christ second rerun would happen when the Jews were converted to Christianity. After many years of doing his best to convert them he saw it was useless. He was quite old at that time and lost his cool when talking to some folks around him (as he would commonly talk to the people around him in the local pubs).

>Jesuits

That book is good for babies

Why is a Catholic country recommending a protestant bible

all of them are bullshit, just like your zionist country burger shit

>Deuterocanon
>gnostic apocrypha
Baby's first history of the canon

KJV is the only true English Bible translation. NIV, ESV etc is for lightweights and are corrupted with verses missing. They sound like garbage and the KJV sounds awesome, why would you read anything else.

Oh man you Catholics are so good at arguing. Did the pope authorize you to argue using schoolyard insults? Maybe if you could give actual reasons instead of insulting people the Catholic church wouldn't have needed a reformation. Go kiss the feet of you "Muslim brethren" as your pope puts it

It is called martyrdom of Polycarp dating to the mid second century

It shows relic and Martyr worship

>NASB

Prepare your anus for lovingkindness

>Jesus fucking Christ, which Bible do I pick?
cph.org/t-TLSB-features.aspx

Try NKJV if you can't understand KJV.

KeK has spoken, become catholic OP

Maybe if you stopped being so full of shit you could comprehend how stupid you sound

you prots seem to make a false idol out of snakes in appalachia, and fucking this martan luthar sjw sperg. you are all intellectually inferior.

I'm not catholic

kjv only or something from 1600 the new translations has become to corrupted , lets remove the name of the devil from the bible, this would be something what satan would do

Why not

The KJV is based on a manuscript called the Textus Receptus ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus ). It is well known to be a poor translation from Byzantine.

Compare it to a much earlier manuscript:
>The Critical Text differs from the Textus Receptus text 5,337 times, according to one calculation. The Vatican manuscript omits 2,877 words in the Gospels; the Sinai manuscript 3,455 words in the Gospels.

Protestantism contradicts the early christians

King James.
It's written in a style that makes you slow down, and think.
Also The Book of Common Prayer, for choosing well, erm, prayers.
eskimo.com/~lhowell/bcp1662/

This is an excellent resource:
biblegateway.com/

Those dont count as bibles

>Flag
>Being Catholic

literally fuck off your kind is not welcome here.

We literally hold a yearly festival celebrating the failure of Catholicism.

I've had a NASB version for a while but now I want to go back to KJV now that I can understand the writing better.

I have a pdf of Luther's 1545 bible. It includes apocrypha. Not printing the apocrypha is an English language tradition. If I dig around the basement of the church I'm likely to find some old German bibles that have the apocrypha from when everyone still spoke German..

saints are the shiet yo! martin luther, while a faggot german drunk cuck, is still cooler than these modern prot fags trying to imply he was some champion of jesus. he was a drunk catholic german sperg. he didn't bring anything new. germans are retards. so are nords. brits were influenced by jewish bankers. come back to rome, idiots. the world laughs at you.

>baby's first history of the canon
Many early Christians considered DEUTEROCANON as BIBLE

Here you go, OP.

Kill yourself, inbred.

And today we see the failure of Protestantism

The irony

I would read the king james because it has some fantasy feeling.

see

Another zinger from the Catholics! What's next, you gonna call me a heretic and excommunicate me like all the others who dared challenge the Catholic Church?
While I don't condone the snake churches that's like saying St. Ignatious idolized his donkey

Jesus told me you are a cunt and I should feel bad for you, Good bless

Clarify "early christians"

*puckers lips*

niv users have fun with your satanic bible where both jesus and lucifer is the morning star

>I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

New International Version
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."