Is Jordan Peterson from the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_TV-zi5FvfM
selfauthoring.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's merely far sighted. A modern day Nietzsche.

Is Peterson going to end up as some Heidegger tier philosopher of our time?

Lets just ascend to a Aristocracy, the world Pluto imagined. Thank Greece

BLOWN THE FUDGE OUT
L
O
W
N
O
U
T

t. messy room

That faggot Sam Harris never empowered anyone to better themselves. Fuck that and fuck you, you and your dirty ass room and disfunctional life.

Is Peterson going to come and clean my room?

KEK
Thats not true postmodernism!
Fucking idiot

this is cute and wrong.

You need to clear your own room, for someone else doing it for you defeats the purpose user.

I dont wanna. I think she should do it.

long live the logos!

dont you guys have spics for that?

And he thinks you should do it.
Id trust petersons expertise on room cleaning.

he seems to have rewired my brain into being far sighted. which is nice.

Im not trusting some spic. Only thing they'll clean me of are my valuables.

t. bloody marxist

i think so

No - his stuff is derivative, and that's not a bad thing at all. If he can integrate what others have said and popularize it, great! But I don't think I've heard him say anything original. Heidegger and Nietzsche were powerhouses of originality. Though to be sure, they had their influences.

I hope someone from /lit/ puts me in my place, I'd be eager to read a better opinion.

He definitely embodies and teaches a kind of radical truth that seems completely out of phase with our current philosophical zeitgeist

He's the Christ of our time

Well you're better than that JORDAN IS A MANUAL LABORER guy. What is this feeling? Can it be that I miss him?

He's deft at climbing the dominance hierarchy

Try harder.

"God is dead" was not a lamentation about the rise of secularism in Western Europe, as Peterson has proposed. Nietzsche argued that Christianity was a Jewish conspiracy used to subvert the natural pecking order of the predator and prey hierarchy. in his own words, he believed that to deny the bird of prey (for Nietzsche, the Aryans) in the killing of a lamb (prey, for Nietzsche, Jews) was to deny its very existence. he said that it is cruel to deny a natural dominator their right to conquer. he was absolutely not a proponent of Christian ethics. Peterson has a ~"45 minute video on one paragraph of Nietzsche" and it's hilariously intellectually dishonest and ignorant to propose that N. and religion are compatible (as Peterson does) this is Bill nye / DeGrasse Tyson tier fuck no.

peterson doesn't advocate slave morality. he even mocks the lambs who feel like they could never do any harm to anybody. he says it's not moral of somebody who can't harm others not to harm. it's moral when you're the monster to control yourself and not do harm.

his main argument is for self-empowerment and not contrary to nietzsche since he isn't advocating for collectivism and instead advocating for becoming ubermensch. he doesn't take it all the way down the rabbit hole where you say morality is just a method to enslave the strong like nietzsche does but he instead says humans have evolved using these systems for tens of thousands of years. our hierarchy is something that has enabled us to actually evolve and the systems involved in that hierarchy are important.

nietzsche doesn't talk about how we evolved to this point while peterson talks about how we should use the history of our evolution as a way to guide us towards being ubermensch. they're two approaches towards a similar goal. the division is peterson is a psychologist who wants to make a doctrine that will help the majority of people while nietzsche was crystallizing issues he saw through at his time.

it's not like nietzsche saw through everything in the world. peterson is built on stuff nietzsche talked about.

Do you think Dr. Peterson gets a lot of college pussy nowadays that he's famous?

I feel like this will be his downfall

haven't made it past the first sentence in your post yet but
>peterson doesn't advocate slave morality

you are begging the question in assuming that "slave morality" is an actually accepted, REAL concept

>he even mocks the lambs

cringe

>it's moral when you're the monster to control yourself and not do harm

ok, I don't even need to waste my time reading through the rest of your very like pseud post, because THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT NIETSZCHE ARGUED FOR. He WANTS the monster to LOSE CONTROL. He WANTS the dominator to DOMINATE, the conqueror to CONQUER.

Peterson identifies as a Christian, which according to Nietzsche (And Varg, lmao) is a Jewish CONSPIRACY. He is either totally ignorant or hypocritical, and possibly both.

It's not about making you feel all gooey and nice, and it not about making you do things to better yourself.

It's about the truth you dumb nigger.

SORT

My impression from Sup Forums posts was that his guy was a standard classical liberal baby boomer peddling self-help pablum
to the children of single moms. Finally listened to him. Based -- as -- fuck. I was wrong. It's generally all derivative stuff but he's courageous and steady which is more valuable than novelty right now.

>lose control
>dominate
okay you mongoloid. you actually can't do both. thought is supreme so you can't lose control and dominate anything but maybe your tiny dick and a nearby person before others decide to btfo you.

you've got a baby understanding and can't comprehend the duality that is called life. contrary things can be held together dipshit. it's simply your tiny brain can only think in a single track manner so it confuses you.

christianity is just a system. there'd be another system. there's be another jew. just hating jews and christianity doesn't solve the issue. you're trash who will never actually understand nietzsche

Hey bad news buddy but you just failed 2nd grade reading comprehension. NIETZSCHE is the one that advocates losing control and dominating. He is Thrasymachus; he does NOT believe in reason being the highest good, for him, that is conquest. The highest good is for the strong to conquer, specifically for the "Aryans to conquer the Jews and darker races." Fucking troglodytes like you can't form a well structured argument and have to resort to strawmen and indulging in their own disillusionment. You are a fucking disgrace and unworthy of remembrance.

>sort fags, B T F O
T
F
O

>this is what tumblr actually believes.

the weird thing about truth is that its never not funny

attempt to greentext,

>BTFO
>T
>F
>O

Perfect.

you're a boring retard. enjoy your impotent rage filled life where you run in circles dumb loser. you missed the most important stuff and you're never going to see it until you die.

i win

JP saved me life

Clean your room Bjorn.

He combined lots of theories into a really beautiful critique of postmodernism, obviously critiquing postmodernism is nothing new, but his was really profound and unique.

You're wrong, get fucked.

He's bridging the gap of forgotten truths

Winners usually have to reassure themselves of that, you're right.

My rage is far from impotent, you truly sicken me. How disgraceful that you have doomed yourself to repeat the mistakes of your ancestors. It's important that filth like you make fools of yourself so as to almost advertise yourself as unfit for breeding. Clean your room faggot.

Fucking neckbeard piece of shit.

>breeding
ahhh, the ultimate meaning of life to the untermensch. you're a cretinous subhuman. both nietzsche and peterson aspire to lift men to the next level and then there's human trash like you.

How long did it take you guys to come up with this? I am guessing 2 to 3 months. What a fucking waste of tax dollars.

>he does NOT believe in reason being the highest good, for him, that is conquest.

That was not Nietzsche's believe. He outlined the dichotomy of slave and master morality but that doesn't mean that he endorsed it.

>the ultimate meaning of life to the untermensch

good goy! time to replace your offspring with diversity! you are getting the sheckles pulled over your eyes buddy

He'd better write a 2nd book.

he didn't endorse it

really?

he fucking created it

it's one thing to say that predator and prey hierarchies exist in the state of nature (of course they do) but Nietszche said that it was CRUEL to deny a conqueror (in the context of human beings) their right to "conquer" (how viciously or grotesquely that may manifest itself)

Nietzsche is proposing an "ought" here. You ought not to deny a predator to execute their strength over the weaker no matter whatever such a crime they may be committing. It is a more filled with cowardice and disgrace than the so called "slave morality" he so ignorantly decries.

t. actual antisemite

you're a commie aren't you? since you got offended by slave morality you're probably a collectivist piece of shit.

if you don't take shit then you'll also die. does that mean taking a shit is the meaning of life you subhuman? your children aren't you. their thoughts and lives aren't yours. what matters is your own thoughts and life not somebody 10,000 years later which don't remember you existing or give a fuck.

humanity was only 10,000 at one point so we're all the same family jews included? no. there's all sorts of divisions because they aren't you. your offspring aren't you. you're a little coward collectivist who lives vicariously through the thought that what others accomplish is yours.

making me not want to live like an animal makes me a communist? you can't be retarded enough to actually not understand that living like an animal is the LITERAL foundation of communism. Nietszche had more in common with Marx than Aristotle or any real ethicist. You have a middle school level grasp on this subject and are an explicit cuck mgtow FAGGOT for deluding yourself into solipsism..don't worry, Jamal and Pedro will have enough kids to make up for your pathetic impotence

Do you listen to Boyd Rice/NON. I feel like you do.

COMMUNISM IS THE FUTURE

youtube.com/watch?v=_TV-zi5FvfM

>your children aren't you. their thoughts and lives aren't yours. what matters is your own thoughts and life not somebody 10,000 years later which don't remember you existing or give a fuck.

t. KEKed GOOD GOY

Few months ago I was tripping hard. I saw how all the social issues (poverty, drug use, obesity, LGBT) we're all being caused by the social engineers. I was angry and wanted to fight back. I realized the only way to win was to get my own life in order, starting with making my bed and cleaning my room.

Flash forward to this week and the clean your room meme. Peterson is onto something.

>Nietszche had more in common with Marx
so you're a leftypol commie scum? no wonder you're such a subhuman who can't understand nietzsche. how does it feel you need to hide your convictions and talk put on a play about how you're an anti-semite just to try and convince people, little cowardly boy? you commie are the lowest dredges of society. at least fascism creates great men while communism is for the weak untermensch to collectively pull everybody else in the mud.

NOOO

I'M NAHWT DOOOEN IT!

I hate Nietszche and Marx you fucking retard, hence the comparison. Both believed that man was merely a "clever animal" due to be regarded as such, Nietzsche in how man was determined to be overridden by biological impulse to "conquer" and how Marx believed that man could be satisfied with the most basic material sustenance. I'm not going to waste any more of my time on a 14 year old. (I really do hate Jews though lol)

underrated

the pepe mythology video was really good

Why do all the LARPing communist faggots look like they've taken a fistfull of valium when they're posing for photos and doing that shitty hand gesture?

I realized this was bait after the Sam Harris bit

You just know it's filth

Hi.
>Current fine arts major
>Studies post modern thought as part of thesis and curriculum.
>His interpretation of postmodernism is spot on.
>You're dumb.

Top kek
> trip on DMT realize that nothing Matters. Literally nothing. God is real and so is the devil. The best way to live a holy life is to just live and not hurt anyone around you. Encourage people. And thank god every day

>tfw S O R T E D

Wow, even though I've spent quite a bit of time in Sup Forums I've never actually seen such a pure example of a neckbeard. The smug, self satisfied ignorance of the middle schooler whose only source on any given philosopher is the intro paragraph in wikipedia is palpable.

>tfw the furthest thing from sorted
What is that? Pure saturated chaos?

Starting that future authoring program now, the one I got for free a while back. Thank mr peterson

Underrated post

He might not be a Nietzche, but he definitely is inspiring the next Nietzche right now.

The same way Socrates inspired Plato to write the Republic, he is inspiring people to disregard "post-modernism" and return to our philosophical roots

>but his was really profound and unique.
You mean the first you've encountered.

Checking in, watching

He fits the Christ archetype, like a glove.

What kind of truth is "You see goy all you are is a bunch of water and tubes."? You're a bloody fool if you think our universe is nothing but atoms when your brain is hardwired to view it through the lens of archetypes and theology.

Human beings aren't rational machines, and to try and fully rationalize the universe is doing a disservice to our nature.

also, sort yourselves out
selfauthoring.com/
$30 bucks for the full thing + an extra license for a friend or loved one to sort themselves out.
BUY THIS, CLEAN YOUR ROOM

looks like someone needs a sorting

lol, love how many people this image triggered.

I like when people criticize Peterson for selling the Future Authoring program. I guess if you have any sort of political attention you are totally barred from running a business.

And he doesn't even shill it hard. It'd be one thing if he ended every interview with "Hey everybody! Make sure you Invest in the Future Authoring Program(tm), Sort Yourself Out!(tm)", but he barely brings it up. In the latest Rogan it didn't even come up once.

They aren't used to making a fist and holding it up. It makes them tired.

I'm not criticizing, I fucking love the program so far. I just bought it for me and my junkie sister, she's already starting to organize herself. It's a long journey ahead for her. As for me I completely cleaned my room and washed all my clothes for the first time since i was forced to as a kid. This guy is amazing

>and Nietzsche
Nietzsche can be summed up as Rochfoucauld meets Carlyle and Emerson

I never said you were. A lot of other anons do though, it was addressed to them.

No he took lots of different concepts from his lectures and critiqued it in a way that is original. Find me another person who critiqued it in the same way. You can't.

>and it's hilariously intellectually dishonest and ignorant to propose that N. and religion are compatible
You don't understand Nietzsche.

>he doesn't clean his room

Ohh I see now.

PS clean your room

HOLY FUCK LMAO

Wrong but fucking hilarious, here user have this (You), you've earned it

True postmodernism has never been tried! :^)

>"God is dead" was not a lamentation about the rise of secularism in Western Europe, as Peterson has proposed.
Nigger have you even read Nietzsche aside from Salon articles saying he's a Nazi?

In TSZ he said that the Death of God two types of human being. The Last Man, and the Ubermensch.

The Last Man is a weak nihilist. He seeks only comfort, pleasure, and security, with no superordinate goals or virtues. The last man will create two types of societies, consumer societies in times of peace and plenty, and authoritarian communist states in times of chaos.

The Ubermensch is the antithesis of this. He can, despite the death of God, create his own moral virtues.

What JBP said about the death of god is exactly what Neitzsche said, that it was a mixed bag. On one hand it opens the door for the Ubermensch, but on the other it also allows us to fall into being the Last Man.

And given that the world is now infested with the Last Man, it seems like the death of god isn't all that it was cracked up to be. It turns out that most people don't have the force of will to become Uber, and instead sink into nihilism. We see that modern societies are oscillating between consumerism and totalitarianism, the two faces of the coin of nihilism.

I have long suspected he's not from the future but the past, he's a Druid.

DADDYYYYYYY

Perhaps he is the first coming of the son of kek. He sounds exactly like kermit the frog.

He was also anointed as Spokesfrog. And he bestows truth upon the world of Chaos