Wouldn't a society with less culture, for example a new country, be more pragmatic and scientific...

Wouldn't a society with less culture, for example a new country, be more pragmatic and scientific? Since they're not constricted to one subjective cultural worldview, and they don't blindly perform irrational actions because of tradition like wasting resources on making statues, they would probably be a more logical people.

>like wasting resources on making statues
Yeah, that's clearly our number one problem in wasting resources. Making statues.

We already have a society that's too focused on science and not on Culture or History. Science can only truly measure that which is dead. We're living in the Present, we are alive, we can't look at all of society through this lens of science and rationality. Measuring the thing fundamentally changes it and in that sense science will never give you the entire picture.

>Since they're not constricted to one subjective cultural worldview, and they don't blindly perform irrational actions
Scientific thinking is part of the cultural makeup of a country.

>We already have a society that's too focused on science
What a dumb thing to say.

I agree the problems of today can be summed up by the total of statues built.

If we didn't have science our "culture" would be passing stories by word of mouth to our kids and making dumb stone artifacts. Cultures advance because of scientific discoveries

how did that work or for China then

pragmatism and science is a curse without morality. morality is the purpose of culture

>USA
bump though

I'm not advocating throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Of course science is a good thing -
nowhere did I say it wasn't. What I'm saying is that science isn't the only thing. That's what this thread is postulating.

Science will not give us the foundation to create a perfect society, that is some communist egalitarian nonsense. Thinking that "culture" is constantly advancing because of scientific discoveries is also nonsense, by the way. Civilization ebbs and flows, it is only in recent times that we look upon History with the idea that it is in a constant state of progress. It's simply not the full truth, it doesn't paint the whole picture of Civilization and what it means.

Gigantic fighting statues could only be built via the greatest of science.

asuka a best girl

>he fell for the civilization meme

Culture is not state phenomenon. It is ethnic.

>Science can only truly measure that which is dead.
You are mentally retarded.

I hate confederates and the nation-state, watch me promote muh Marxist revolution under the guise of generic, progressive Zeitgeist!!!

>asuka a best girl

asuka a shit.

your opinion a shit.

Misato a best girl.

Civilization as an organic structure cannot be measured by intersectionality and application of social science theories. Statistics are useful, of course, but they can be easily manipulated out of context. Culture and History is what gives us context. There is simply too much interconnected variance to create a truthful scientific analysis of Civilization.

Kek
>respecting tradition
>irrational
Wot?

>Implying all of the girls from Eva aren't complete mental clusterfucks
I will admit, Asuka qt3.1488 as fuck

Underageb&

Monsieur Marcon, what are you doing here?