Is there any reason not to be a hedonist?

Is there any reason not to be a hedonist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kama
youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE
renegadevids.com/2017/02/09/yolo-halo-by-beyonce-parody/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As long as you do it responsibly, seems find to have pleasure be one's goal.

Disease, both physical and mental. are you new?
and checked

Especially mental.
Grow out of this dangerous idea, OP. Been there for years, never felt worse.

yeah, death

I like not having venereal diseases.

Depends.

I've this side chick I fug from time to time because i dont want to break muh no fap, and for me its just a way to release (((stress))), have some fun, but nothing more. Before and after such encounter I'm 100% devoted to my career/goals/whatever.

The idea behind hedonism and evil in general is the exchange of a larger amount of something in the future, be it pleasure or success etc. for short term gains less than the larger amount. More fun now == less fun later. abortion/child sacrifice are the literal exchange of a future for short term gains, drugs are bad because you need more and more to get the same feeling, Good is investment. Evil is consumption/liquidation.

Some reasons

If you don't mind the idea of eternal damnation and torment then I guess not, degenerate.

Chill, brother. That's not how we should convince him to seek for Christ.

It's not a fulfilling way to live.

No, but it reminds me to plead the blood of Jesus, beg forgiveness, and give all glory to the Father in the name of His son, no matter how much it seems like I want to drink deep of them big ol titties, or pump that women full of my babies.

Nope.

We all die eventually.
But isn't everybody then pretty much a hedonist by seeking pleasure or utility just on a different time scale?
What if it's the only fulfilling way to live? What if I or somebody feels that way?

Pursuing pleasure does not result in pleasure.

Listen to me. DO NOT
FALL
FOR THIS

ITS TEMPING
BUT DONT DO IT

>But isn't everybody then pretty much a hedonist by seeking pleasure or utility just on a different time scale?

No, its a matter of scale.to use the same analogy of investment, a person leading a good life would be the investor partially liquidating his profits instead of reinvesting completely.

Yeah it corrupts your soul
>B-But w-wait there's no soul, nothing I do really matters right?
Wrong and you know it

listen to the dao and engage in recreational hedonism

Seek pleasure in work is better, work those extra hours at walmart, so hot

Yes, it's not fulfilling in the long run. You can be hedonistic at times, but being a full hedonist is just autism.

the soul is that imprint that you leave on mankind and the Earth. it is immortal in the sense that youre part has steered the total path. a grain of sand that guides a river.

Living traditionally is the ultimate form of hedonism.
We do not have these rules to deny us happiness but to preserve it.

you could better check ancient term en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kama

nice

tradition is anti-hedonistic
hedonism is the exchange of a large amount of future pleasure for a lesser amount in the present all at once.

Eventually you become a slave to your own pleasure. Hedonism is a false promise of freedom. It's a path that only results in weak-willed men. Have real convictions, principles, and faith. Transcend your inner limitations and stand for higher values. Are you a man or are you a beast?

I agree with huehue it's tempting but you feel empty inside after words. Exercise, read books, volunteer.

Why is Canadian Sup Forums so fucking dumb?

aging
/thread

If you're a hedonist why don't you overdose on heroin and die? If you only exist for pleasure would this not fulfill your existence?

rots your brain
wastes time

Eventually you'll create a new chaos god and forced into xir's service of eternal pleasure torture after death. Until then, it's pretty cool.

Pleasure is not the same thing as happiness.

I can be a damn fine facsimile of it at times, though.

Not worth it making more women into degenerate whores who take dick. It's better to make a white family to be raised on nationalist values. Hedonism is a spaghetti-nigger ideology at best. Keep it in those moor rape baby countries.

There are always infinite reason not to do something.

Think about that my friend.

Define hedonism first

once you come
youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE

actually not, christian is fake religion

Corrodes the moral and social fabric of society.
Dumb fuck.

There is no end to work towards, you are eternally scratching an itch to feel good. Until you cant

Hedonism is about seeking pleasure, not excess. Meaning do what feel good and right, but do overdo it so much that it has a net negative effect on your life and thus decreasing total pleasure.

FUCK OFF SELF LOATHING CANADAKEK FAGGOT!!!FACT!!!

You cant actually be one if you are broke and ugly.

>Sup Forums

for me it's fucking bitches when you want doing drugs when you want but not too much that you become a drug addict, although drug addicts are probably the most hedonisitc

but basically doing pleasurable things sometimes in excess

>moral fabric
What's that?

Depends on your school of hedonistic thought

You will find life just as empty as you tried to avoid, if not more so. There is no light at the end of that tunnel, only bitter regret and shame later on. On the plus side, if you become a hedonist and manage to find yourself again, you will never have better character. Good fuckin luck though.

t. wasted most of my 20s on drugs and pussy and now live an ascetic life

Well, everyone except for some weird ascetics do pleasurable things occasionally. Sometimes even in excess.

did you fuck a lot of big bundas ? tell us stories

>Is there any reason not to be a hedonist?

Yeah. It's how The Jew keeps you a good little goy slave you fucking degenerate sodomite cockhold

>Is there any reason not to be a hedonist?
It's exactly what the Jews want you to be.

>Only caring about one's pleasure.
>Not caring about your people.

Big bundas, KEK.
Yeah, lots of big bundas and some nice tetas. It was fun the first year or two... Then i started to feel as a soulless piece of crap.

Now i've settled down. The only big bunda i fuck is my wife's. And oh boy, its way better.

Who are the critics to Singer and friends who advocate amoral hedonism? Will Peterson be one of them? Is it up to our generation to continue the philosophical tradition in this direction?

Gas yourself

Is there any reason to not take to the streets and begin killing all Jews?

I wanna like this slut. I just can't though. She is just dead behind the eyes. You can just tell she's a corrupted soul. Must be what happens when you sell your innocence and dignity for monopoly money.

no
not a single person can come up with an argument against it without defaulting to fallacies like appeal to morality. do what you want.

Losing control over your life, watching it plunge into a death spiral because you've given into all your moronic, uncontrolled urges and have effectively ceased to perform the very judgments that make you human to begin with.

Emergentism is nonsense that relies on the idea that the specific combination of matter that makes up the brain (which only exists as a concept within the brain itself to begin with) can somehow create the immaterial phenomena of consciousness.

Note, consciousness is not self awareness nor the brains ability to take in light of a certain wavelength and label it red, but the actual "redness" itself. If you understand that the brain is nothing but a complex biological machine, then you cannot evolutionarily justify the need for the phenomena of consciousness. Electrical impulses should be able to travel from synapse to synapse without a need for an immaterial consciousness, not to mention the fact that no one can possibly identify where in this process of neurons firing the manifestation of "redness" occurs. Where in the process of sight do we find energy antecedent and color consequent?

The simplest explanation then is that consciousness is a fundamental aspect of all existence. Consciousness is part of the universe itself and it is only the physical world that is separate.

With this knowledge you can now dedicate your life to reducing the amount of your own suffering (the suffering of all conscious life) in this world.

Hint: it involves killing all the niggers

>What if it's the only fulfilling way to live? What if I or somebody feels that way?

You don't free yourself by becoming hedonistic, you become a slave to your addictions for pleasure.

Instead of performing actions for the betterment of your future, you're making choices that lead to instant gratification, making you susceptible to control and manipulation.

Want an example? Look at Hollywood.

Girl I fuck occasionally is like this. Just fucks around.

Huge mental hangups, inability to express or even process any form of emotion that isn't "banter" or slightly serious. Has never had a relationship or anything relatively emotionally connecting.
As a result; has two real friends that she doesn't even see anymore because they live in different cities.

Every-time I talk to her about stuff its obvious how far her life is spiraling. She can't drive, she's sitting with 20k debt, has never worked a job properly and is doing a useless degree.

Girls gonna implode when she realises she has no support network.

They can attach a node to a region of your brain so that every time you hit a button your brain releases serotonin and dopamine.

That is all happiness is. It's healthy to be happy, but it isn't healthy to invest your existence to maintaining it. There are better reasons to exist.

Yes, suffering is not necessarily an evil, and as such, pleasure is not necessarily a good.

But, if you are going to be a hedonist, at least be an epicurean.

>asks for sex
>gets sex
>pleasure achieved

Not a strong argument

Yeah, but it is for reasons that the average human nowadays won't grasp. Just say there is a reason why the international financiers promote hedonism.

Humanity is blind as a species spiritually.

Suffering is always evil and pleasure is always good, as long as you are talking about NET suffering and NET pleasure across all conscious beings and all time.

Obviously since no one can know how an action will affect suffering a million years from now it makes being moral almost immpossible. THAT IS, unless you do something extreme like kill all blacks which guarantees reduced suffering for at least a couple thousand years.

you'll never slay the dragon and save your father from the underworld.

>suffering is always evil and pleasure is always good
I wish that was true.
It's not.

>as long as you are talking about NET suffering and NET pleasure across all conscious beings and all time

I was basically making an ends justifies the means argument, going both ways.

It leads to an emptiness you will regret for the rest of your days.

Because a state and society relies on the people to be selfless.

Suffering is considered meaningless and worthless to a hedonist, when in reality suffering is what you learn the most from.

Hedonism sounds fun until you actually start doing it. It's a lifestyle that makes you want to kill yourself after long enough.

t. former hedonist

#YOLO

renegadevids.com/2017/02/09/yolo-halo-by-beyonce-parody/

Hedonism is an inherently selfish and vapid 'ideology'.

Your only justification for it is
>it feels good
>why not

Honestly if you are a Hedonist the only person who will talk you out of that is yourself. I just think its sad that you don't see anything larger in this world than yourself

bump

Where are the graphs for the males?

t. increasingly regretful dirty manwhore

Read the book of Ecclesiastes. People have been struggling with these questions for thousands of years, and Solomon was way ahead of you.

Indulgence is the root of unhappiness, take that as you will.

it's faggotry, read Mein Kampf

sauce?

>I've this side chick I fug from time to time because i dont want to break muh no fap

No i refuse to believe a fellow human could be this stupid. You don't get the point of no fap at all do you?

I think makes have to sex like 19 women before they get as fucked up pair bonding as a women who has 1 partner previous to marriage. I think I hear this from Lauren southern.

Males

lol

Its okay to indulge now and then, when you get really stressed, take a load off. but succumbing to every urge is weakness and a path to pity

Not necessarily a way of life that's socially acceptable but then again a lot of our social constraints are only artificial planted to us through religion, media or traditions.

this

You only have one life that starts to decay after 40 years, seems only reasonable to want to pursue happiness, in whatever way that matters to you.

Because it's exactly the reason why society right now is becoming degenerate? Get someone to slam your head with a bible, infidel