Non americans of Sup Forums, what is your opinion of Dixie?

Non americans of Sup Forums, what is your opinion of Dixie?

Other urls found in this thread:

civilwarartillery.com/books/gordon.pdf
youtu.be/FZvVVm3I6cU
youtube.com/watch?v=zBTpoKvre84
youtube.com/watch?v=fPHuQFN7L70
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Foote
youtube.com/watch?v=2-S-PaMWhwI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Virginian here. Be careful what you say in this thread, foreigners.

You lost, get over it.

You're right, the slaves were freed, given rights, and they've destroyed ever major city, and corroded the morals and values of us with their "culture". Thanks Yankees!

If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I don't wanna go.

what's dixie?
I've heard of dixie chicks. I assume it has something to do with lesbians.

fuck yea.

Whistlin Dixie when the comet crashed.

Just like every opinion of America, whatever the media tells them. They have all the liberal media we do, but they don't see events unfold directly so they have no reason to reject the lies like Americans do.

best America

You're god damn right

it's a place your rural folk rip off culturally. utes are just gay pick up trucks

Slavery was going to end at some point retard. Your people are the ones who doomed us all by importing the niggers in the first place.

Came pretty god damn close

WE HAD A PLAN! IF ONLY YOU DIDN'T FUCK IT ALL UP! DAMN YANKEE

Chew me out if im full of shit on this, but I cant imagine foreigners could possibly know anything of dixie. I cant really see how most Americans could know very much of it unless they visit often. How the fuck could they?

At least utes have the steering wheel on the right side.

>Your people are the ones who doomed us all by importing the niggers in the first place.
Slavery was going to end, and the CSA would have 100% deported every last nigger to Liberia. Thanks for freeing the slaves and leaving them to shit up the country, yanks.

We were only one rush away from washington DC.

>pic related
GOOGLE AT IT AGAIN. FUCKING AHHHHHH SO MUCH PAIN!

I'm pretty unbiased, but it's certainly best America along with the mid-west

U guys had a chance and u blew it

>I cant imagine foreigners could possibly know anything of dixie
Any history book on the Civil War starts out by capturing or attempting to capture the essence of life in the South before the war, because that Southern lifestyle was the essence of what we fought for. It also informs the reader's understanding of the battles and how the Confederate troops were able to win so many battles while being outnumbered, starving, and shoeless.

I believe the word you're looking for would be life during antebellum

>U guys had a chance and u blew it
You have some reading to do, Pajeet. I suggest starting with Battle Cry of Freedom by James M. McPherson.

What are some good books that leave out muh racism? I don't know nearly enough about my own history

Not the ones I read.

You were all displayed as Pre-american somehow. It never talked of "southerners" but "The slaveowners"....I was raised in California.

God damn it. India's right.

poo it*

I could day antebellum and send foreign anons to google to look up the word, or I could say 'before the war' and save time while achieving the same understanding.

ironic post of the night

Well if you have to google it, it's safe to say you don't know alot about the war

>You're right, the slaves were freed, given rights, and they've destroyed ever major city, and corroded the morals and values of us with their "culture". Thanks Yankees!

You should read black redneck white liberal by Thomas Sowell. It has some interesting ideas about current Black culture.

I mentioned it in another comment but Battle Cry of Freedom is a good start, it's considered the best single-volume history of the war. It's extremely unbiased toward either side, although any history of the Civil War will inevitably make the reader sympathetic towards the Confederacy because people love underdogs and heroic sacrifice. The greatest history of the war is The Civil War: A Narrative by Shelby Foote.

Because the civil war has been revised to be simply about muh slaves. They try to paint the "restoration" as a good thing. Fucking murderous carpetbaggers.
They don't talk about the clash of cultures, the attempt to destroy southern culture, or even about how Lincoln didn't show up on a fuck ton of southern ballots.

I really enjoyed reading through this account by John Brown Gordon of his experiences in the American Civil War. Was really neat the way you could see personal friendships and personality quirks among the Southern generals from a first-person perspective. Way he told it, Ewell was a qt.

And the man was a God-blessed hero, leading a raccoon-capped company at the beginning of the war and commanding one of two corps in the Army of Northern Virginia at the surrender at Appomattox

and he got wounded Christ knows how many times, sickcunt/10

civilwarartillery.com/books/gordon.pdf

The Confederacy is Best America. I like my niggers lynched not based, my faggots in the closet not teaching muh childrens and my Jews in the oven not perched on my neck like a fucking vulture.

The New York jews did this.

The south will rise again

Wrong side won the civil war. If Confederate would've won, America's part in WW2 could've been allies with Reich rather than enemies.

I completed a survey for my college that gave me a $10 coupon to amazon, so I just ordered Battle Cry of Freedom for no charge with that! Thanks for the advice

>and my Jews in the oven not perched on my neck
australian "education" lol

Southern industry is what built this country and put it on the map. Yes, slavery was eventually ended, but we were able to separate ourselves from the savage race with Jim Crow.... which you cucks also abolished. You reap what you sow yankee doodle

>Virginian here. Be careful what you say in this thread, foreigners.

I ordered one of these face shields the other day. How should I explain it when confronted?

I guess you'd say I'm non white, Dixie is a culture that is attacked mercilessly by yankee degenerates because they feel like they own and can kick around the south. It is disgusting what they do and say about dixie culture and rebels flags. They should be stopped and people other should start sticking up for it instead of slandering it.

Literally just go A E S T H E T I C

I agree I have little to none knowledge about this thing but even a noob can understand that there is no way a nigger sympathizer can gain such momentum and even win a large scale civil war

America is like a larger version of South Africa and a lot of people are jealous of u guys as u were actually thriving and stuff
Shame ((they )) succeeded
Now ur country is imploding

What's his explanation for why Africa is a shit hole? It's the Scots Irish fault too?

You're too insecure to ever wear it anyways so don't sweat it

Just Screech about libertarianism

Virginian here. Be care what you say in this thread, foreigner.

Enjoy some quick southern history as told by a southern man.

youtu.be/FZvVVm3I6cU

>How should I explain it when confronted?
No one should live under the rule of a foreign government. It's extremely courageous to fight while being heavily outnumbered, and do it again the next day, and the next day, for 4 years.

You fucked up mang.

Does he really blame the Scots Irish? What a nigger

>Lincoln didn't show up on a fuck ton of southern ballots.

You have a source for that? My wifes from dixie but always shies away from talking about the history she was raised with since she got pretty culture shocked and shamed when she moved northwest. So while she'll get drunk and demand the south rises again, I dont really know tidbits like that, or much about actual modern Dixie. Honestly the times ive been there havent seemed that far culturally from rural California

What is Dixie?

This is not politics. This belongs on or

SHHHEEEEIIITT!

youtube.com/watch?v=zBTpoKvre84

Whenever I see the confederate flag I automatically think bikie gang. Pic related patch of largest 1% club in Australia.

The US version of Estonia

I don't understand why they have to remove the statues, it's fucking history.

The white guilt it's poisonous, you weren't there, i wasn't there, every racial issue of that age, it's solved today.

As a spanish, i understand that my gov removes Franco's corpse from the fallen valley, but not taking down statues or street names. It's fucking history. That's barbaric.

This is true.

3 cheers for Dixie
for freedom, for rights, for your lands

Oh my god, who would've guessed generations of people who were subjected to being stripped away from their families, abused, restricted from receiving almost any form of education, and were almost all "released" with very little if any money while facing racism and wouldn't integrate well...

The reason why they didn't integrate well is because they were black, it's a consequence of the fucked up nature racism, broken families, and disenfranchisement have caused. Good job Dix heads.

Have one of these, I've always had a soft spot for the Antebellum South

>yfw Shelby Foote's a jew

Yup. The South took country redneck culture from blacks an drew blacks took liberal culture from whites.

Fucking retarded, even if he is usually pretty cool

Coward pussies that are more bark than bite, can't even defend their flag and statues.

Everything south of the mason dixie line and east of Texas, texas not included.

Moved to Alabama for school. Don't particularly care for parts of Southern/Dixie culture, but having spent time down here and gotten to know people, I feel like I've got a much better appreciation for why they're so keen to commemorate and preserve that part of their history.

>those comments
How can people even consider this music, dear lord.

What statues are they removing?

you would have won the Battle of Bull Run without j*wish influences

He doesn't talk about Africa, but does have some interesting information about how Whites changed in the south, and how White in Northern England and Scotland changed there. And basically said that Blacks haven't changed yet.

Dumb hill to die on as a fashion statement.
Fine as a piece of American history that shouldn't be covered up/ignored.

I dunno if it's because I'm a leaf but I have trouble understanding taking pride in being born and where you were born.
Pride in ancestry I get because you're taking pride in someone else's actions as a family member who directly benefits from them, but getting in and out of your mom shouldn't be considered an achievement.

All rural communities pretty much took southern culture, but nothing beats the genuine South.

Lincoln didn't win a single Southern state. He threw hundreds of Marylanders in jail some for years to stop them from voting on secession, including the Baltimore mayor. He isn't responsible for 600,000 deaths of his own men. Start researching confederate history And listen to some old confederate songs as dumb as it sounds.

My girlfriend is 75% non southerner so if the South had won perhaps you would marry my gf and I would marry yours but you owe it to her ancestors to raise your children in Dixie.

Come
Home
Brother

Nice try Shlomo.

I've knocked a few niggers out with one hitter quitters.

I aint scared boy.

youtube.com/watch?v=fPHuQFN7L70

Texas included, maybe even Oklahoma too

Either remove it, or wall it off to claim it's history. The way the statues stood, was a symbol of celebration and exaltation for these men.

They deserved to come down.

Yeah, but had it faded out there would not have been so much turmoil...so thanks faggots. I laugh everytime one of your cities burn in a chimpout

Although the South was right about quite a few issues, such as taxation, and the Democratic Party was overall the better party at the time, slavery had no business spreading to the Western USA.

>Yup. The South took country redneck culture from blacks an drew blacks took liberal culture from whites.
No he says, that the culture of the south came mostly from northern England and Scotland and some Ireland. That the blacks in the south took that culture, and then the whites in the south changed their culture to something different now. That prior to the whites changing their culture in the south they had similar occurrences of violence, children born out of wedlock, drunkeness, honor duels and things like that.

New Orleans, generals and president of confederates. And it's the begining.

>tumblr tier reaction image
>reddit spacing

this is some grade A post irony. well done

Shit side won the civil war.
Probably some Jewish dark magic helped them to win.
Would have been much better if the Confederate won.
Maybe we could have seen something epic in ww2 like America and Germany working together. Rather than america following the big nosed shadow like they usually do.

It is the ancestry for the most part.

>His maternal grandfather was a Jewish immigrant from Vienna

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Foote

Secessionism lives on in the hearts of the people.

Texas is not included, Texas is Texas. It has a very strong and very distinct culture from Dixie.

>Probably some Jewish dark magic helped them to win.
Nearly 50% of Jewish households in the South were slave-owning households. For perspective, only about 1-2% of American citizens owned slaves.

bitch still listening in 1994 when Pac got shot. In the very rare occasion mainstream music can be listened to, country music does it the best... occasionally.

White Trash get off Sup Forums

Ok I'm wrong then, that makes sense, white trash never changed :(

No they took down more before this actually :(

>Slavery had no business spreading to the Western USA
Also as a Southerner i view the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 as an abomination and a huge violation of the states' rights of the non-slave states. Lincoln was right that there was a slave-power conspiracy to spread slavery.

You can never know was it just part of the Jewish master plan.
Like look how the lose turned out for them?

youtube.com/watch?v=2-S-PaMWhwI

>one hitter quitters.
>uses a tripcode

lmaoo Just kys please.

Fair enough, I had a Texan explain to me Dixie culture is different from Texan culture. And Texan culture is unlike any other culture in the country. But hey you live there so who am I to pass comment.