I think 'new atheism' has torn down one of the defining pillars of western civilization...

I think 'new atheism' has torn down one of the defining pillars of western civilization. Not simply the modern practice of Christianity itself, but its historical and cultural importance as a whole. When you put this in combination with mass immigration, the prevalence of Marxism in academia and the endless push to redefine western society as multicultural, things really start to fit together quite effectively.

This brand of atheism then either leaves you stuck in a cycle of nihilism and hedonism with brief periods of searching for meaning while your entire civilization begins to openly decay, or you potentially find meaning and morality in modern feminism/social justice/progressivism/etc... and actively contribute to this decay/destruction as a sort of pseudo-proletariat.

Whether this is actually orchestrated in its entirety or a complete cluster fuck of things that fuel one another uncontrollably is equally frightening.

Gramsci is a piece of this puzzle.

It didn't tear down Christendom. It is the result of people abandoning and opposing Christ.

Post-modernism and all the isms that oppose Christ, the Word turned flesh, will die off. Christendom will stay however.

Seconded, but don't expect this thread to go anywhere. The University taught Marxists are upon a war-path right now.

Sorry, but it's true.

Raise your shields.

You are correct in that I shouldn't have worded it in the past tense as it is an ongoing process. A major fear of mine as a result of these so called -isms is the emergence of a 'new' Christendom centered around their ideologies. I can see it happening already.

Ehh. Christianity is fake. Religions in general are fake. They are good for social cohesion. They have value and should be encouraged to have hegemony in their historical areas. Believing that Christianity didn't directly lead to Communism however is dumb, Communism is atheistic Christianity.

>Communism is atheistic Christianity.

American education everyone.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's.

Modern western civilization was build in OPPOSITION to Christian theocracy you dipshit. New wave of christfaggotry started only around 1950s when US government was trying to use it to fight godless communism.
People who created modern west were fighting against first and foremost - divine right of kings. They laid all philosophical and ethical groundwork in which west existed for centuries since the enlightenment, when western civilization was at its greatest. While dark ages was its lowest point.
Locke, Spinoza, Bacon, Hume, Smith, Kant, Jefferson and even Franklin. This are the people who're responsible for everything that's great about the modern west, not the fucking pope.
And atheism has absolutely fucking nothing to do with
>modern feminism/social justice/progressivism/etc
All prominent new atheists were and still are anti-Islam and anti-PC. All prominent anti-sjw on new media are atheists.

Alright I'll start here:
>And atheism has absolutely fucking nothing to do with modern feminism/social justice/progressivism/etc

How many of the respective proponents of the things that atheism has nothing to fucking do with are atheists?

And there's no reason to be hostile, Ivan, we can discuss.

False. Christianity in a Western cultural context has been a walking corpse since the 19th century. Atheism was a necessary step in bringing about its eventual renewal. New Atheism also provided an acceptable context from which to criticize Islam and Judaism without setting of any "muh racism" alarms. Attacking atheism at this point in history is a form of cuckoldry, imho.

You fail to understand how Christianity is the basis for Western civilization. Christianity was an innovative implementation of a whole new system of philosophy. The principles it proposes did not exist in common knowledge until that point, if anyone perceived them they would have been exception to the norm of society. These seemingly self-evident ideas and systems of logic were wholly innovative and unheard of at the time.

Christianity is a combination of three things: a source of objective morality, the hero arc (depicted without a violent hero for the first time), and the myth of man himself.
It is the outline of Western philosophy and the place of man and woman in the world. Beginning with the story of Adam and Eve, it describes the necessity of man's logic and protection from the wanton whim of the female soul, the necessity to protect her from the serpent of her own mind. Man's unwillingness to confront a dangerous serpent is in fact the serpent within his own soul.
Once their own evil casts them into darkness, they dwell in a plane where they are subject to the judgement of God (aka the glimmering wrath of cosmic cycles, mother nature, and their own mind). It is a place of duality; the bounty of the land, and the awesome fear of the predator, the love of another human, the comfort of their touch, and the wrath of hate, disgust, of our own capacity for degeneracy and vile acts. The physical plane is a form of purgatory where we calm, joy, eternal peace, and death (aka union with God or the cosmic mind) are goals to be struggled for and to be achieved.
That's just glancing at the surface of the Old

Testament, let alone the teachings of Christ.
I could go on but in summary, to assume that these principles and revelation were self-evident, even known of, before Christianity, is false.

You guys need to read more Jung, and try reading the bible yourselves.

"The practice of morality being necessary for the well being of society, He [God] has taken care to impress its precepts so indelibly on our hearts that they shall not be effaced by the subtleties of our brain. We all agree in the obligation of the moral principles of Jesus and nowhere will they be found delivered in greater purity than in His discourses.(64) I am a Christian in the only sense in which He wished anyone to be: sincerely attached to His doctrines in preference to all others.(65) I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."(66)
64. Thomas Jefferson, The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, Alberty Ellery Bergh, editor (Washington D.C.: The Thomas Jefferson Memorial Association, 1904), Vol. XII, p. 315, to James Fishback, September 27, 1809.

65. Thomas Jefferson, Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies from the Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Randolph, editor (Boston: Grey & Bowen, 1830), Vol. III, p. 506, to Benjamin Rush, April 21, 1803.

66. Thomas Jefferson, The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, Albert Ellery Bergh, editor (Washington, D.C.: The Thomas Jefferson Memorial Association, 1904), Vol. XIV, p. 385, to Charles Thomson on January 9, 1816.

All the Marxists I know (and I know plenty) literally support the Axis of Resistance (Iran-Syria-Hezbollah) and want the destruction of the Zionist entity of "Israel".

This would be obvious if you actually knew what you were talking about, you fascist meth-head, fat fuck trailer trash.

>refutes comment about Marxists shilling in force by being a Marxist shill.

Oh look it's another (((yank))) not equating communism with christcuck threads.

Your head full of shit

Am I a newfag if I haven't seen this pic before? Whoever made this is a creative genius.

?

Are you fucking stupid?

Post I replied to heavily implied that Marxists support/shill for Israel.

This is delusional since Marxists are Anti-Zionist and support the full liberation of Palestine, from the river to the sea.

Labaik ya Hussain.
Labaik ya Nasrallah.
Labaik ya Hezbollah.
Labaik ya Khamenei.
Labaik ya Khomeini.
Labaik ya Iran Islamiye.

TJ the GOAT. Nothing leftists do affects my blood pressure more than attempt to discredit this genius for owning slaves.

Read the second sentence in the original post. If you can't see the correlation between Christendom and the development and survival of western civilization you're blind. I'm not talking about the corrupted modern face of Christianity that adopts cultural Marxism like in your strawman meme.

TJ
>claims to follow Jesus
>Jesus defended the oppressed/enslaved people of Palestine and fought their oppressors/bankers
>TJ was an oppressor/enslaver of the stolen people of Africa, even raping African women

Really activates my almonds

>muh oppression
into the trash you go, faggot.

Russia, you're drunk. Go to bed.

And yours is empty, Ivan.

>Be follower of Christ i.e. Christian
>Reject the core message and practice of Christ's life and teachings: to defend the poor, downtrodden, injured and oppressed
Really joggles the noggin.

You're just a less intelligent version of a kike who took 5 minutes to decode a few popular Sup Forums sayings so you could shill in various threads and trick yourself into thinking you're actually recruiting anyone with your Marxist drivel.

Fuck off I've been on pol since 2k16

I'm not a Jew

Fuck Israel

I'm not recruiting anyone

Fuck off

*2k12