Honestly though...

Honestly though, is there a free market solution to the garbage patch in the ocean that can be implemented in a timely manner such that the effects won't completely fuck up all life in the ocean?

We're gonna have to deal with this somehow.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Trash_Wheel
businessinsider.nl/boyan-slat-ocean-cleanup-launch-2018-2017-5/?international=true&r=US
nos.nl/artikel/2172664-plannen-gewijzigd-de-grote-oceaanschoonmaak-begint-eerder.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

We got about 1000 years

Is there a solution at all? It's not like you can incinerate it, it's plastic.

Well, we could use robots to scrape up a bunch of it. It'll be expensive as hell, but overall I think that's the best plan.

we can and do incinerate plastic in waste to energy plants. how cleanly it burns depends on the temperature you incinerate it at

there is a guy working pretty hard at ocean drones that constantly sweep it up. it's collected and can be recycled

TRASH ECONOMY

If the cost of manufacturing more plastic gets too high, people will start mining and recycle plastic from the oceans in no time.

I think we are fucked.

Please note the "timely manner" I've stated.

Also off by one.

The problem is it's spread over such a huge area and it's suspended at different depths, it's not like one layer on the surface

I think a more important question is can we switch from using normal plastics in everyday items to other material like biodegradable polymers

You're looking at the last great frontier.
Bering Strait = Panama Canal x10 when global warming gets into full swing.
Equator will be scorched while the Arctic is going to be a temperate paradise.
This is why we're becoming such close allies with Russia and why we're trying to fix NK once and for all.
More pics incoming....

MOVE TO ALASKA while it's still cheap.

Get a bigass trash bag and drag it between two cruise liners

When it comes to all the emerging green energy, solar panels, etc... It's going to be in this land here.
The white race is going to prosper in the Arctic while everyone else is wiped out mid planet.
We have about 15-20 years.

Send it all out to outer space

You don't seem to understand the situation, it's not actual chunks of garbage, it's styrofoam pellets and smaller sized stuff up to the microscopic level that has been broken down and circulating with the currents

doesn't matter, too complex, go back to raging about niggers, kikes, queers, whores and commies.

much easier.

So apparently there are these enormous, miles-wide trash islands floating in the ocean, and yet I've never seen one satellite photo of the things, nor do they appear on Google Earth.

Is this another hoax like global warming?

Kek

The trash island was an exaggerated misinterpretation by the media and environmentalists to make it seem worse, then the public saw it as a lie and discarded it, not knowing that the garbage is there it's just broken down and causing huge problems for wildlife

Long story short the global empire that includes USA and Russia in 20 years will be able to solve the trash problem.
We'll have giant floating recycling centers that can create raw materials at sea to be shipped wherever.

Also in the first picture, see the crater north of Alaska?
Something huge is going to be revealed about this area (Aliens)

it's not an island, it's a vortex of dispersed suspended material

I am thinking in one other thing.
Artificial islands.

If just there is some way to effectively concentrate all this plastic in only one place...

>and yet I've never seen one satellite photo of the things
they're colourless, bleached by the sun, translucent as glass. Like I said, this shit is too complex for you brainfarts, just go back to ranting about antifa and (((them))) -leave this shit to the libtards, they know what to do with it.

>Something huge is going to be revealed about this area (Aliens)
Way to fucking spoil the surprise

Best solution would be to find some miracle styrofoam binding compound that has no negative effects on wildlife or water at all, that would be a miracle though

But the islands aren't actually there that's an exaggeration

precisely, exactly, you've been lied to again by the lügenpresse, it's FAKE NEWS orchestrated by the Jews and you needn't worry your little head about it.

.. better spend your money on water filters from Alex Jones.

You okay mate?

These plastic eating birds are almost as good as the metastasised cancer pictures.

Yeah hence robots.

I was thinking large, city-block sized monstrosities with processing facilities on them to filter the water.

Global warming LMFAO.

You're funny. Earth been cooling for years buddy

I just wanna know, how many books/papers have you actually read on this?

Do you just read summaries and talking points, or do you go into the data?

If you eat plastic you probably deserve to go extinct to be quite frank with you compadre.

>is there a free market solution to the garbage patch
How can someone be this retarded?

Obviously the answer is no. But we're sitting on our hands anyway, someone should think up a crazy idea.

Demand Western government stop funding junk weather science and clean up their trash instead. Trash in oceans is the number one, preventable ecological disaster taking no place right now.

Sea birds probably never had any significant selective pressure to not just eat everything they can see.

I'M PERFECTLY ALRIGHT

Charity I guess. If they can ferry migrants they can run some surface nets. Maybe they can recycle the plastic but not sure.... That salt water can't be good.

The good news at least that they gather up.

Nanoplastics are the worst. Enjoy your xenoestrogens go- I mean guys :^)

.. this is why we can't win, this is why we don't deserve to win.

Launch it into the sun.

>If you dump plastic into the oceans sustaining life on your planet, you probably deserve to go extinct to be quite frank with you compadre.
/fixed

I remember watching the first vice documentary about this wayyy back in like 2011. Yeah it's a problem but kind of exaggerated. the free market won't fix it.

>idea

Better version of carbon credits,,,
Pay me & i clean a few pounds of it to make you feel warm & fuzzy on the inside

Honestly I think I've died and gone to hell, and my punishment is to me surrounded by a bunch of people who choose to ignore what is for all intents and purposes the apocalypse.

And now my thread's gonna get shit up by climate change skeptics when we could be talking about this very real threat to most of the world's food supply.

>defeatism combined with ignorance from a leaf quelle suprise

19 tons of trash a day for $775k, private project

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Trash_Wheel

collect all the plastic one can find and melt it into a single land mass. sell lots on your new island for major premiums.
bonus points if you declare it a tax haven and set up digital P.O. boxes. especially if said P.O. boxes count as land.

Animals aren't required by the free market.

you're on Sup Forums mate...

you're on Sup Forums

.. there are no solutions to anything here.

sorry.

>we
You care so much, then you fund it. Fuck off faggot.

oh wow, Proud Mary's retarded offspring is cleaning a fucking harbour.

.. we're saved, laddies.

hoorah.

there is no garbage patch. its all a globalist warming lie

>We're gonna have to deal with this somehow.

Yes, by watching our children or grandchildren starve to death and go to war, instead of developing renewable energy and aquaculture.

They sure do now :^)

is your dickcage starting to chaff Sven?

Oh you're so much more mature and enlightened than the other social rejects on this board. Let us be quiet while you plan out how to save Earth from a Manchurian beef jerky enthusiast board.

"How many lies have you read verified by other liars?"

No, it's really not. I mean we can argue whether it's geological, solar, or human in origin, but its happening.

>Sven
>dickcage
uwot
>Oh you're so much more mature and enlightened than the other social rejects on this board.
nope, just tired, my dude. Just tired.
>Manchurian beef jerky enthusiast board
had a slight kæk from that, thanks user.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Ffs it's summer and wackos like you are out of their cage.

Well, why is the garbage patch in the middle of the ocean, instead in the middle of your backyard?

Because if a company decided to dump garbage in your backyardthey would have lawyers crawling all over them.

The reason why there is a garbage patch in the ocean in the first place is because nobody owns the ocean, it's not a private property. If it were, people wouldn't be able to dumb garbage in it.

Bojan slat

businessinsider.nl/boyan-slat-ocean-cleanup-launch-2018-2017-5/?international=true&r=US

nos.nl/artikel/2172664-plannen-gewijzigd-de-grote-oceaanschoonmaak-begint-eerder.html

I'm looking for ideas on "what can be done" not "what should have been done."

>nobody owns the ocean, it's not a private property. If it were, people wouldn't be able to dumb garbage in it
.. except the owner of said ocean, and should he choose to do so, we'd have even less of a say in the matter.

It's a piñata

It's plastic, a material thus a resource.
Make a cheap way of recovering and processing it and you'll be billionaire

They're probably mistaking those little colored caps with clams and snails. They're both round with ridges.