There are 263 startups working on self driving cars right now

Employing thousands of people.
Literally all of them are based in the US, the most diverse country in the world. Not in Japan, Poland or China. And most of them are based in the most degenerate, cucked, diverse, leftist place in the US - California. And most of these companies are pretty diverse - there's plenty of Asians, Indians, Jews. They're literally creating the future, while Sup Forumstards sit in their basements and masturbate to Hitler and muh white identity, muh past.

digit.in/car-tech/no-less-than-263-companies-are-in-the-autonomous-car-race-35130.html

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-27/trump-s-order-won-t-resurrect-jobs-of-miners-key-to-his-campaign
youtube.com/watch?v=xVdn9GhwJgk
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wpierdol
youtube.com/watch?v=JinhIHIF8Eo
angel.co/electric-vehicles
youtube.com/watch?v=X1oHp-VvhDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

taxi, truck, and uber drivers BTFO

Meanwhile Drumpftard is trying to revive coal mining and bring back shitty manual labor jobs from China back to the US

bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-27/trump-s-order-won-t-resurrect-jobs-of-miners-key-to-his-campaign

Just wait for the first casualties and watch these start ups get shut down.

lmoa

>They're literally creating the future, while OP sits in his basement and masturbates to Marx and muh blonal blumpf, muh we wuz kangz

Good I now can reprogram German cars to go directly to my barn without even leaving my basement

Casualties never stopped progress. There's been casualties during early days of the automobile, airplane etc..
It takes time

And that is why they are taking so long.

Self driving car is a meme. Total meme. They are wasting their time.
Automated transport should focus on rail (much like the lady in your photo).

this is the worst to me. coal is fucking dead, there's no hope, and even if you don't believe in global warming there's a good case for putting money into green energy. that's where we can lead the world going into the middle of the 21st century.

but nope, Trump's friends in the coal industry are feeling so very poor :( so he'll reduce regulations, saving the top of the company money while creating very few new jobs (automation means that we need a fraction of the coal workers we needed before).

coal country is fucked, I wish they could realize that Trump wasn't the answer. Dems did a shit job explaining that though, doubt they'll learn a lesson.

>plenty of Asians and Indians.

Not a lot of jews in tech aside from finance side of things. Also notice how you left out blacks and Hispanics? Why is that the case when there are way more blacks and Hispanics than Asians and Indians?????

Sounds like you actually made a case for the position you seem to be against.

Funny how I'm an engineer who's out of a job and no one is looking to hire me. Diversity works so well

Fuck off Norwegian faggot

> Implying self driving cars aren't a meme, it's a niche market at best.
> Implying startups aren't a joke and their ridiculous valuation a symptom of a broken economy

A web based fast food delivery service doesn't make the world a better palce, it isn't even innovative, it's just 20-something nerds fixing 20-something problems nobody gives a shit about.

self-driving cars are a gimmick.

Many wrecks will happen because of human drivers not operating the same way or having the same response times as the automated cars. It's going to be a shitshow

We're talking about the moral issue of whether we can trust a machine to do the work of a human.

If human action cause injury, a human is hold responsible.
If a self driving car sweeps through a bus stop full of people because an insect took a shit on it's optical sensor and it caused the entire system to go mayhem who will be hold responsible?

The invention of the automobile caused people to develop infrastructure to separate the automobile and people to avoid unnecessary casualties.
Are you telling me that we have the resources and most importantly the space in big crowded cities to develop separate infrastructure to accomodate machine-operated vehicles?

>airplane
All contemporary passanger airplanes are capable of taking off, going through the flight and landing safely with little to no human intervention, so we have the technology necessary for it already and with minor changes they could be entirely self-sufficient. Have you ever wondered why passanger airplanes aren't flying on their own and still require a crew of skilled pilots?

Heh, diverse? Liberals don't count Asians and Jews as diverse. There are virtually no spics, niggers or women in Silicon valley. Less than 10% of tech companies in Silicon valley have female CEOs, and only about 15% of employees are female.
Spics are around 2-4%, while blacks are around 1-2%.
Whites make up about 60%, while Asians are about 25%. A good chunk of the Asians and Indians aren't even American citizens, but have temporary visas.

>mfw Pakis get eternally btfo by automated taxis

>startups

those are jewish scams to extorte money from reddit's geeks/nerds

I don't think it's a complete meme, but the focus should be on level 4 systems that relieve congestion, not "muh level 5 completely autonomous vehicle in 5 years"

Also, the deep neural networks for driving meme needs to end now. I'm a graduate student in deep reinforcement learning, you'd have to hold a gun to my head before I got in a car controlled entirely by a deep convolutional network

Maybe automation will be good for our cause. If it leads to mass unemployment, the white working class isn't going to sit idly by and get fucked up the ass. They'll rise up. Nationalism thrives in times of economic recession and widespread unemployment.

>263 fraudulent shell companies
damn that's a lot

thats 263 too many

This is what people said about the iPhone, micro computer, automobile etc..
You're all full of shit.

My point is that according to Sup Forums US's situation is catastrophic, while homogenus societies are a paradise, yet the US is literally single handedly pushing humanity forward, while everyone else just sits on their ass and collects welfare checks. Who the fuck cares if you have a great standard of living in homogeneous society, when that society is basically useless?

For those of you who are not from the USA, I can predict exactly who will put a full stop to self-driving cars. Personal injury lawyers.

After each injury-causing accident by one of these things, some lawyer is going to be taking somebody to court. And the owner or designer of the self-driving car is going to get his clock cleaned.

The next time that you are driving around in some American city, pay attention to just how many personal injury lawyer billboards that you see. It's more than a few.

>My point is that according to Sup Forums US's situation is catastrophic, while homogenus societies are a paradise
Well, that shows how retarded you are. The people who are pushing technology ahead in the US are the 200 million white Americans, and their handful of imported Asian slaves.
Silicon Valley is one of the least diverse places in the US, despite being in the most diverse state in the US. Whites have literally become a minority in California, while Hispanics are 40% of the population. Yet Silicon Valley is 60% white, and less than 4% Hispanic.

why not flying cars

fuck automated cars

there needs to be 263 flying cars startups

were way behind schedule the future was supposed to be 70 years ago

Can't wait for all those red neck truck drivers to lose their jobs and that money redirected to silicon valley/California.

>This is what people said about the iPhone, micro computer, automobile etc..
People said the iPhone and the microcomputer are going to cause fatalities?

Are you retarded?

>automobile
Already addressed that.

Dedicated,
Infrastructure.

Learn to fucking read.

Muslims will hate self driving cars (and trucks).

>implying it's not part of his master plan of sending the millions of uneducated, unemployed, welfare exploiting niggers and migrants to the COAL GULAG

even google and apple already abandon it. wtf are they doing scamming whole investor ?

Flying cars are noisy

Put that shit underground

They're basing their entire business on the premise that the "self-driving car" will stay as unregulated as it is today.

Start ups mean nothing. There is a start up just up the road from me in an old post office. The project leader can't even afford matching socks.

the reason it's in the US has nothing to do with diversity. It's just that the US is a large country with a lot of capital, which attracts a lot of talent. The "diversity" is only here because of the money.

Anyone else notice that bitch has huge hands in op's pic?
I think that's tranny desu famalam

Self driving cars are a fail and cannot work unless technology is actually magic. These "startups" are trying to scam investment $$$$ and possibly an IPO because they know most investors are dumber than OP and thus fall for the memes. Guess what? No flying cars and no vacations in space, the best tech you can hope for is an improved Amazon Echo.

What was seen cannot be unseen now

I want to save Elsa

They're wasting their time and money. This will NEVER get enough momentum to change anything...maybe put school bus drivers out of work for a short period but it's a dead fuck. And, define "start up" because your definition is probably much different than anyone else's. Oooooohhhh, UBER & Amazon we're stSt St St St start upppps....oaoaoaahahaha!

Tons of money and resources at your disposal doesn't really mean Sup Forums is a bunch of losers....oaoaoaahhhh?!?!+;&$#@

FUUUUUCK. YEEES....YEESS. Someone gets it!

>Literally all of them are based in the US,
Literally the only companies that will succeed with self driving cars are large companies such as VW, Mercedes and BMW. We know that because this has been the case for every single automotive development in the last 50 yrs.

>That girl

Jesus christ.

That's not a forehead, that's a goddamn fivehead. What the hell is wrong with her hairline?

Not everyone likes to be spooooon fed everyday and wet nursed evveeerryy daaay like you all in Western Sweden.

Check out those sailor hands.

Amen

Don't matter, Americans still leading the way. Also self-driving cars will be mostly electric, and German automakers are lagging in that area.

>Also self-driving cars will be mostly electric
>he actually believes petrol cars won't be made anymore

When was the last time Americans have let the way in the automotive sector? Model T in 1908?

They will be, just like some people still like to ride horses and horse carriages. But the majority will choose self-driving electrics.

>brass knuckles

That might me a man.

They led the way well from post war well into 70s, then Japs started to btfo them, then Germans.

im also a graduate in that, and i have complete trust in those systems. maybe i just make them better ;)

>people outside cities literally do not exist
>people who drive long distance literally do not exist
>people who need actually reliable cars do not exist
>people who need to be able to carry extra fuel with them do not exist

thanks for reminding me why i hate hipsters

It's already solved by Tesla, idiot, by battery swapping, quick charging etc.. With self driving cars it'll be even easier.

>battery swapping when i'm 5 hours away from the nearest tesla service centre
do you people have some mental disorder that renders you unable to comprehend that people live outside cities?

>There are 263 startups working on self driving cars right now

So how many are viable and how many are memes/money laundering/bullshit ops like that juicer?

As to electric cars, look at pic related. There is a reason the US had to bail out all its automotive companies back in 2009.

usa works with non-homogeneity because they have a survival of the fittest style. they let the losers almost die (no healthcare) . thats how you produce winners. the diversity is just a small part in it. ( the best people from all over the world travels to silicon valley, ofc that kind of diversity will be good)

also you should not think its that easy to just copy this system all over anyways

Are you fucking retarded? Why would you get into a self driving car? Put your hands on the wheel and do it yourself you lazy fuck.

>the future
Yeah like 100+ years in the future and more. Those fucking things won't see the road outaide like 5 cities for a century. Red tape and most people who aren't hipster faggots that don't drive themselves anyway and just call up an Uber are really adverse to the idea of sharing roads with robots.

What are you lazy to add up ones and zeros by hand why you need a computer you lazy fuck?

Driving is a waste of time for everybody.

This thread is proof that all non-engineers should be stripped of the right to vote.

extra batteries/charge stations on highway rest stops, you unimaginative moron

and when i'm not on the fucking highway, you latte guzzling retard?

not a good idea around tall buildings

>self driving cars
Mass poverty is coming, and people are greeting it with open arms. Fucking beautiful.

those tech companies arent diverse, it's white on top pajeets on the bottom... not a nigger in sight

>there's plenty of Asians, Indians, Jews.
HOL UP

WHERE DA MUFUKIN KANGZ AT?

You think the world is better because of iPhones? Lmao you progressives really are shallow as fuck.

Progress is the equivalent of watering down nature to a product. You can't wait for the nice padded utopia future that'll never happen. You people put too much value in money. That's your post modern philosophy at work. In the past people were different enough to have value in many ways.

Now we see that everyone is a sardine looking for value where there isn't. From an economists perspective, yeah bravo to your philosophy. But you'd only impress a bunch of old men in suits.

Sorry lib/dems/progressives, being an uncaring, depressed, slave isn't cool anymore. Being an individual will always trump the collective fads. Always.

Nigga that's Elsa Jean, don't act like you don't know who she is

>those hands

It's all that nigger semen accumulated here for some reason

Excuse me I am a Muslim brown man from Pakistan. Come at me you racist European.

U wot m8?

youtube.com/watch?v=xVdn9GhwJgk

Creating their own enslavement. Also plenty of whites involved as well. Nice bait tho.

>population
we have 400 million people in an area close to europe , we did good stuff, give us praise.

Fuck off you inbred cunts

good god she looks young here
> elsa23.jpg
you need help son

What does this even mean you meme loving memer?

lool. Oh boy we sure as hell are going to shit.

It means go back or wpierdol

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wpierdol

Oh okay, thanks for that information. You are a really cool guy.

Thanks, but you still need to go back. Pakistan is a really nice place.

One of the all time dumbest comments. Please realize you cannot flip a switch to green energy. Also realize green energy will not be the future for the USA for at least a century.

Fucking moron. Get out of highschool before your next screed.

speak english or clean my toilet, one or the other

I want to but I'm stuck here until I get some money. I'll leave in a bit.

I was raised here so I'm fucked there as well.

Spierdalaj brudasie, kys

>implying you're not a filthy streetshitter

Self driving cars are a mistake.

Driving being made autonomous and then legislated away will through insurance and cronyism will be the final deathknell of the individual.

Self driving cars are shit and when they start trying to push them into the mainstream I'm going to do everything I can to make them into death traps.

SELF DRIVING CARS ARE UNACCEPTABLE
IF YOU USE ONE YOU WILL DIE
VIRUSES WILL BE MADE. YOUR RIDE WILL BE HIJACKED
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

holy manhands

>And most of these companies are pretty diverse
Code monkeys and quota hires. Everyone knows this game user. When a business gets to a certain size tax breaks matter more than actual hiring efficiency.

Green energy simply isn't there and we have the technology for carbon capture which drastically minimizes the ecological impact of fossil fuels. Stop the empty rhetoric and actually look into clean coal.

youtube.com/watch?v=JinhIHIF8Eo

Somehow I doubt the companies are very diverse.

There are also 391 startups working on electric cars. All but one actually manufactures cars, while the rest circlejerk over muh future and muh diversity. Your point?

angel.co/electric-vehicles

youtube.com/watch?v=X1oHp-VvhDE

do you have any idea where your electricity comes from?

White men have failed to evolve past the 1950's. Nearly every white male is stuck living in some fantasy-LARP where they dream of literally either being Knights fighting valiantly on some distant battlefield, or being some blue-collar "hero" where white women fall down at their feet in gratitude because they can install an air conditioner.

It's wholesale stupidity all around from white men.

In the meantime every single non-white race is charging headfirst into the future: space travel, nano-tech, AI, automation etc.

And what are white men doing en masse?

>Muh trades!
>Muh ancestors!
>Muh fossil fuels and coal!
>Muh 1950's!
>Muh manual labor!
>Muh free and open source software & Linux! (I like coding for free so Mr. Shekelberg can use my tech to create 100's of billions of dollars for himself! (Facebook, Amazon, Google etc.)

The stupidity and failure of white men to evolve has filled me with rage and disgust. I'm beginning to hate my race.

Completely true. White men are stuck in the past, while everyone else is charging into the future without them.

You idiots will never change. And because of your failure to adapt, the white race will probably be eliminated at some point. You have only yourselves to blame.

>FUCK TECHNOLOGY AND SHIIEEET

Sup Forums is embarrassing nowadays. literal luddite niggers.