Charity

What is user's opinion on charity? Is it good thing? Is it bad thing?

Is it true that burgers are usually peer pressured into giving to charity?

Pic not related.

He thinks he's bread.

Most charities are so conmen can rob workers by appealing to their sense of guilt and desire to feel altruistic.

Half of the rest create problems. If you feed 1,000,000 starving Africans but don't help them build farms or schools to sustain themselves, all you have done is created 2,000,000 starving Africans who will die horribly if your children don't also support them. It helps nobody, it leads to far more death, and it is not sustainable.

Some charities help people who need a hand getting out of a rut. Those are normally small, find them.

I, honestly, consider charities some sort of glorified freak circus as well.

The one only needs to come with better sob story to have plebs donating to him/her.

Only Sup Forums could twist helping people in need to something bad.

SURVEY THREAD

Give Me Shekel Goy Edition

I live on a street where there are regularly teams of people in matching t-shirts that stop people on the street to ask for donations. Lots of them want to "talk about racism."

Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders) strikes me as a worthy group. They are the only large charity I support. Otherwise, I make donations locally to the school and library, and typically to specific people with each.

Wait are we talking about Africa or homeless of our own ethnicity ?

When it comes to Africa, no we have to stop all aid immediately it's fucking everything up over there and creating a dependence because african people are like that.
Millions will die but it's necessary and will be beneficial in the end. A guilt we must carry and overcome. A grim reminder that good things can have bad consequences.

I think people often just say "leave it to charity" when they do not want to be compelled to help the downtrodden as a way of obviating responsibility. Charity is rarely sufficient as a means of alleviating social ills and often comes fraught with religious restrictions, but is certainly a lovely idea, just insufficient at meeting needs.

Uhhhh I think they help import refugees into Europe, no?

Yeah its a good thing for helping people in need, stupid to create a culture where the government does everything.

But African aid..... Its just pouring petrol on a fire thinking its water

Oh no the horror!!

It's not twisting. A majority of US charities do NOT help people.

Giving food to African villages is a BAD thing if there is a warlord within a drive of the village. You just made them a target and now they have to keep producing for the warlord or he'll think they're holding out on him and he'll cut off their hands.

You're not dealing with civilized societies, otherwise they would not need aid. These people were getting by, and you set them up to die should you ever stop supporting them.

As for charities based on the US, Kars4Kids is a perfect example. Less than 1% of their profits goes towards cars for kids, the rest go towards synagogues, Jew-only schools, and "Administrative salaries".

Donating to charities is fine, like I said. But make sure it's actually a charity and you're legitimately helping people. Don't half ass it so you can feel good about yourself.

I think charity is fine as long as you help your people.
Helping who doesn't have enough money in your city is a good thing.
Sending gibs to a shithole in africa is not.

Haha what a silly kitty.

I'd rather voluntarily give up money to an organization that may use it inefficiently for people who don't deserve it (charity) than be forced to give up mo ey for an organization doing the same thing (taxes).

Basically "God wants you to give your money to the homeless/addicts/niggers" instead of "The government demands you give your money to the homeless/addicts/niggers". It enables and should be done away with.

>I, honestly, consider charities some sort of glorified freak circus as well.
It's worse than that.

If you give to organized charities, chances are you are giving money to George Soros to spend on marginalizing and eliminating you.

The only good charity is personal charity. Don't go sending checks and old canned food to god knows where, to feed niggers that hate you. DO get personally involved in someone's life near you. A relative or a friend or a neighbor. Or a neighbor that becomes your new friend. Anyone who wants to actually help people should start on their own block.

>Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders) strikes me as a worthy group.
ARE YOU ON FUCKING MARS? HAVE YOU BEEN ON MARS FOR THE PAST DECADE? MSF in Afghanistan were running Taliban-only hospitals and then started crying to the newsmedia when they got bombed as an enemy asset. MSF donates supplies to White Helmets, aka Al Qaeda! They are also actively helping trans-Med migrants right now, literally as we speak. MSF is a pro-terrorist organization that needs to be dealt with through military force and the criminal justice system.

charity is degenerate

>What is user's opinion on charity?

An advanced form of kleptomania.

That's what it really is.

We will like that land back.It was degenerate for America and Britain to give it to you in the first place

Charity is good, provided it's done wisely and the money is actually going to charity. There's nothing wrong with helping the less fortunate, provided it's buying them a rod to learn with and not just endlessly giving them fish.

It should also be voluntary, not forced.

charity isnt a land i was referring to the practice of giving money to organizations that do shit like give it to poor people or organize for doctors to work in remote shitholes and stuff.

People don't like it when the weak in this world die and so they try to keep them alive, thus weakening the gene pool

I fundamentally hate the concept of charity. Systemic problems should be identified and fixed, not covered in haphazard band aid money thrown at it cause at best its a temporary solution and at worst it only excerbates the problem. People are just using charity as a quick moral high anyway, so they could feel good about themselves, not out of a genuine willingness to help.

I konw wat you ment if you want it argue definitions i need one for Israels manifestation in to existence.I am neutral on the issue.

if you know what i meant why did you respond to my post that says charity is degenerate with 'we'll take that(from context and the post you're quoting 'that' refers to 'charity') land back ?.
either you mistook the word charity with some land\geographical location or you're talking about some specific charity organisation that has to do with some land .
you said something about america and britain and im not familiar with american and british charity organizations can you elaborate ?.

If Israel is not charity for the jews then wat is it . Give definition of Israel.

Charity and charitable giving are crap because it is not a guaranteed source of income.

Has a local charity ask stores to round up price of groceries to dollar so you didn't have to deal with all your change. It was pretty based. I felt good and didn't have coins spilling out my pockets.

When I give to a non local charity they keep harassing me for shot and I don't even knw where the money goes. Pretty gay.

>Give definition of Israel.
here you go, its a nation state i cant see why you need to ask for a definition .
anyways what does the discussion of charity have to do with israel ? why did you turn the conversation to israel ?.

Many charities are actually just scams. The Clinton Foundation for example only gives like 7% of their funds to actual charity work.

all charities have been infiltrated
it's "altruism" a cover for fraud
it's all a front
if you want to be charitable, do it on a small scale, locally. pay off some lay-away bills at a small town local store

Never give money to an Islamic charity, it'll probably end up in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood or some other terror group. Not that I have to remind you motherfuckers.

this guy knows

Honestly, giving to charity is a good thing, even being pressured into giving to charity can be a good thing as long as they are pressured into giving to ACTUAL charity.
THe moments charity stops being a good thing is when you are forced at gunpoint to give what you earned to someone else; ie as soon as government gets involved.

>MSF in Afghanistan were running Taliban-only hospitals and then started crying to the newsmedia when they got bombed as an enemy asset.

That's not even close to what happened.

>majority
citation needed
those six cents a day to feed Mumjabe and her family commercials do not represent charities

Haha i know right what a cutie kat

Let me spell it out for you:

He brought Israel into this discussion because of the history of that country. While I don't live in Israel, I am willing to bet that you had some sort of a national history class in school; we do in America. So, let's start with some simple history, which I'm sure you probably know (I like to give people at least the benefit of the doubt)...

In 1917, the British Government issued the Zionist Balfour declaration, essentially a document calling for Jews to migrate to the Levant. After the Ottoman Empire's defeat in World War I, the treaty of Sykes-Picot was signed between the victorious British and French, who divided the Ottoman's territory in the Levant into mandates. The British Mandate of Palestine was formed out of the territory that is now Israel, Palestine, and southern Lebanon. Britain continued to support the Israeli settlement in Palestine, up until the expiration of the British Mandate in 1948 and the creation of the Israeli state.

Essentially, the nation of Israel was in essence, "charity" given by the British to the Jews.