What was Sup Forums like on 9/11?

Can someone link me the archived thread? I want to pretend I was posting here at the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oHSuyTrKwdg
youtube.com/watch?v=5NPBIwQyPWE
youtube.com/watch?v=JkUU9ntgKxA
truegamer.net/SA_911/911 SATHREAD/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm here to inform all future posters that I did not in fact fall for this bait despite me posting this.

SAGE

>LOL
>troll faces
>mom's spaghetti never forgetti
>too soon
>Bush did 9/11
>where were you when twin towers was kill?

Good. You're learning.

The years of Canadian and Australian posters have hardened your senses down to the keenest ability to detect the smallest amount of shitposting.

I d like an archievd thread as well....

Oh you.

Bump

/Thread

Sup Forums didn't exist then newfag

there was a dancing baby gif stomping on the two towers it was pretty funny

Actual oldfag here. All of Sup Forums was nuts on 9/11. Some of the funniest shitposting I've ever seen on Sup Forums, a bunch of 9/11 themed threads on Sup Forums, and /vg/ had a game jam for 9/11 games. I wonder if those games are still around.

SAGE SHAREBLUE SHILL

So glad I didn't discover this shithole when I was a kid

Discovered 4chin when i was 14.. In 2004..

How times flies, right guys? he he.. he.. he....

>there was a dancing baby gif stomping on the two towers it was pretty funny

Sadly a majority of Sup Forums will not get this since they were about the same age as the baby from that retarded late 90s meme

The baby was from the TV-show "Ally McBiel" if I remember correctly?

Yeah, the lawyer show, I remember them airing that commercial nonstop when it premiered and the sitcom viewing middle-aged housewives couldn't get enough of it.

The fact even swedes are aware of it reminds me of just how much that shit was played on tv.

I think that's right

>The fact even swedes are aware of it reminds me of just how much that shit was played on tv.
It's just common meme-lore.

Oldfag status confirmed

Remember when SA was actually counter-culture and irreverent?

forums.somethingawful.com
Something a bit like that I think

How was Sup Forums, when germany did btfo brazil 7:1?

> ctrl + f
> no 2003

all these responses; not one honest person.

OP, Sup Forums was not released until 2003. Don't listen to the trolls.

kek, bringing me back

> WATCH BUSH START A FUCKING WAR

It was pretty huge over here too. I watched a few episodes just to see what all the fuzz was about but never got interested. All I remember are the baby dancing to "hooked on a feeling" and Callista Flockharts weird mouth.

Found it. Pic related.

Dick Kyanka

Back then you had CS 1.6b, and most people were either into SA humor and trolling, or an ebaumsworldfag

shit was great until they started charging, then I gave up on forums pretty much altogether

Photoshop Fridays were pretty much the origin of the whole "meme" thing

You sure your flag shouldn't be Australian?

All the original 4channers were on the SA fyad and comedy goldmine forums. That is where we were. At least that is where I was.

Man, you should have been here during Pearl Harbour, it was fucking amazing. Sup Forums hasn't been the same since the 70's honestly.

Haha, wow I can't wait to show this to Reddit! XDyoutube.com/watch?v=oHSuyTrKwdg
It even has the music from Guardians of the Galaxy, I LOOOOOOVE Guardians of the Galaxy, I am GROOT!!

Sup Forums was founded in 2003 you dummies

>Sup Forums hasn't been the same since the 70's honestly.

I'm not sure if I'm being trolled or not (I probably am, in which case ignore this), but Sup Forums can't be that old, can it?

>Haha, wow I can't wait to show this to Reddit! XDyoutube.com/watch?v=oHSuyTrKwdg
>It even has the music from Guardians of the Galaxy, I LOOOOOOVE Guardians of the Galaxy, I am GROOT!!

if anyone is trolling us its got to be this guy, i hope

Ok, I'll bite.

>Sup Forums
>2001

Back then all we had was the somethingawful 9/11 thread.

Fuck I miss Something Awful so much. Most new friends don't even realize chan culture is just SA culture. Fucking summer fags.
Most Sup Forumstards weren't born yet. Fucking underage b&

I'm pretty sure you're the guy in pic related though.

Jokes aside, I was on IRC as it went down. It was the first time I had ever watched CNN or Fox News.

The Americans were freaking out. Some faggot in some place called Delaware was claiming he could hear bombs dropping.

It was very exciting. I didn't sleep the whole night. Just glued to the TV and IRC.

The internet news sites back then were fucking shit and rarely updated. Plus no twitter etc, so it was all coming through TV and maybe the one or two guys on the mIRC who had relatives in the areas etc.

The other thing - We'd seen terrorist attacks and crazy shit before, but this was definitely something unique. I would liken it to the Soviet Revolution that went down when I was a little kid.

You didn't know what exactly was happening, but you could literally feel it in your bones that it was actually, for once, HAPPENING and consequences would never be the same.

Enjoy some early oughts waifu for your effort.

youtube.com/watch?v=5NPBIwQyPWE

A far as I know Sup Forums existed as far back as 2004 as a kind of clone of 2chan.
SAGE

bamf>sa

Fuck SA.

It's there fault that I've wasted my life on fucking Sup Forums.

I PAID FOR MY ACCOUNT AND YOU CAN'T PERMANENTLY BAN SOMEONE WHO PAID FOR AN ACCOUNT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT KYANKA

Sup Forums was established in the year 1923 in an attempt to avoid future catastrophes such as The Great War by establishing a cross-country and cross-continent writing club where people would write to eachother and attach doodles and portraits, the plan ultimately failed when a writer (known by his pseudonym, "Yahweh Bless") wrote a letter in response to the originator of a chain letter (an aspiring Austrian artist) implying that said artists sexuality were deviant in nature.
The network carried on though however it was in time subverted by the Japanese in WW2 through use of artistic representations of scantily clad young women with large heads in an effort to recruit young American men as spys and the like.

I should clarify that the Japanese plot ultimately ended in failure when quite unlike their intended response the young men began to fight among eachother rather than against the American government over which scantily clad young woman with large heads were the best, in time they began to produce their own edited artworks of scantily clad young women with large heads and all fruitful discussion grinded to a halt.

>The dancing baby is older that most new fags.
And I'm talking about the real ones, not "I'm in high school and I got an assignment to post on here."

>tfw when always a rotten.com/discharges.org frequenter.

You guys were newfags before newfags were even a thing.

no

what why lol

Moot had put "you have to carry that weight "banner on every board with cowboy bebop final episode ending song being played in loop.

My slow interweb could not load properly that day.

I remember that day. One of the few things i remember from my childhood.

>
>>tfw when always a rotten.com/discharges.org frequenter.
>You guys were newfags before newfags were even a thing.

Never liked discharges, but rotten.com was triple OG, like waiting hours hoping your dialup doesnt cut out to watch a short clip pirated from faces of death

Wasn't so much need to hate at first back then, the little kids were all "A/S/L" in AOL chats, the old timers were on BBS, the unwashed didn't know, couldn't understand, or just werent interested in the humor or the shock

youtube.com/watch?v=JkUU9ntgKxA
(((Trump)))

Lots of natsoc imagery. It was glorious.

George Bush bashing, denying Al Gore's claims of climate change. No really though, 4 chan only started up at the end of 2003

hehe, Christmas 2003. I guess you really never leave

lol you cheeky baster.

Remember Sup Forums in 1945? Man, the butthurt by the naziboos was unbelievable.

yeah we posted memes about leeroy jenkins running into the towers lol #toplaffs #madlads

I can't give you 4chins since it didn't exist yet, but check out this archive of Somethingawful, our daddy site

truegamer.net/SA_911/911 SATHREAD/

>You didn't know what exactly was happening, but you could literally feel it in your bones that it was actually, for once, HAPPENING and consequences would never be the same.

Can confirm. It's was an otherworldly kinda happening. No other happening can compete.