Why isn't there a sugar tax?

how do you justify 1,300ml of liquid poison?

explain yourself amerifats

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RBETI6Upjjs
youtube.com/watch?v=JpKJABZpPMI
abqjournal.com/997373/early-returns-are-against-sugary-drinks-tax.html
nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/05iht-obese.1.9748884.html
journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0050029
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just drink water if you don't want all the sugar and shit. It's not my fault you have no willpower and got fat.

In Italy we don't even have the large, kek.

Anyway, I would be in favor of a sugar tax, but only because we have socialized healthcare.
With a fully private healthcare it should be none of your business.

Of course, with Medicaid it's notfully private in America either.

Fuck nanny state shit
wtf i love america now

Wtf is an "ml"???

this is why universal health care will NEVER work in america. it works in countries like japan and europe, but fat americans do not deserve health care.

american looks much better desu

it's called freedom, leaf

Why would there be a sugar tax? People who choose to kill themselves slowly by putting that shit in their bodies have a right to that choice. I neither need nor want the government to make my health or dietary decisions for me.

because its not sugar, its corn syrup

Literally nothing wrong with the american sizes.

Its called freedom... You dont have that in Canada land of the ugly female

I think we have something similar

das ist bait

Its a free country faggots

Right but 90% of the volume is ice here...not sure if they do that in australia.

Also in america, we have the right to kill ourselves through choices like that...part of being an adult i guess.

And taxes should only be used to raise revenue...NEVER to modify behavior.

Because politicians afraid people might stop drinking corn syrup Jew if there was.

you dumb fucking leaf, the cups on the right arent mcdonalds cups
they have the same menu in canada as the amerifats
you are an embarassment
dont blame mcdonalds for your weight issues, tubbs

In Oregon they had a sugar tax. Then a study came out that said it disproportionately effected minorities, so they started taxing diet pop as well.

>This triggers the Yuropor

Fatfuck

Sugar is a drug.

youtube.com/watch?v=RBETI6Upjjs

god those costco hotdogs are legit as all fucking shit

Those are the cups you get at a cinema. Half the contents isn't even soda, it's ice.

Cuck units

>90% of the volume is ice here...not sure if they do that in australia.

Yeah they do

Because we start wars over that shit.
Don't fuck with America's sugar.

Not only is there no tax on sugar, but there is a sugar subsidy. Americans are paying suagar farmers to sell them sugar.

Costco is based

how 700ml is "small" wtf? :D

Not that great. You will catch a piece of gristle or whatever in every two hotdogs. Really ruins the dog.

I blame the schools. This problem is rooted in burger education

The McDonalds in my area serves the Australian sizes though. I never see the generic coke cup outside of smaller chains.

That chili is not good. Might be if it was $2. The chicken bakes are fantastic, though.

wtf why does straya get the big sizes? those look convenient as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=JpKJABZpPMI

STILL think being a user of the high fructose jew is cool?

Get rekt, wannabe nannies:

>SANTA FE – A national trend in favor of so-called “soda tax” initiatives took a hit Tuesday when Santa Fe voters soundly rejected a proposed 2-cents-per-ounce tax on the distributors of sugar-sweetened beverages in a special election unlike anything New Mexico’s capital city has seen before.

>A record 37.6 percent of registered voters turned out for the election – more than the hotly contested 2014 three-way race for mayor won by Javier Gonzales, who proposed the tax – and 58 percent voted “no.”

abqjournal.com/997373/early-returns-are-against-sugary-drinks-tax.html

Being able to destroy yourself with the carbonated Jew is your own individual choice.

Government isn't meant to play mommy, you faggot leaf. Freedom includes freedom to make shitty decisions.

I'm on your size you fucktard.

i mean side.
shit

is this pic real or is this some kind of an exaggeration

They do but you can ask for no ice but you get less

I'm slowly killing myself with fully taxed bourbon, like a good God-fearing American man.

because we have freedom you fucking leaf

We have that in aus land to now

>we need to tax things because I'm too retarded to practice moderation! Pleas take care of me government!
Fucking kys yourself mate.

Nah leave it in my taco friend

that pic is complete bullshit and ive been through like 30-something-ish states

granted i dont go to mcdonlads but the last time i was there some years ago...the sizes were just like to the left

I think you mean corn subsidy, which is why we use that shit corn syrup instead of actual sugar

ever heard of ice you idiot

I have been going to Costco for years and have never seen chili. Is that a southern thing or something? Plz no bully East Cost patriot reporting.

>tfw our government subsidizes corn niggers because they chimp the fuck out if they don't get their gibsmedats
>we could be importing corn and other crops significantly cheaper from other countries
>instead the government has decided to use taxpayer money to subsidize inefficiency
>the government also makes rules about how much each farmer is allowed to sell in a particular market as to prevent competition from "becoming to fierce"
>in return the government offers to buy any corn surplus from farmers that they can't sell becaus of these regulations
>the government then burns the corn that it purchases
Honestly fuck farmers. Some of the biggest welfare queens in America. We are a service economy now and retards who want to make a living fucking their sister while spraying some corn with water need to get with the times or die out.

Daily reminder that fat people cost less in terms of total lifetime healthcare costs. Same as smokers. They die early at 60 in two years instead of dying at 90 and spending 20 years visiting the hospital weekly and then 5 years requiring around-the-clock geriatric care.

So if anything there should be a tax on healthy foods by this logic. But nope, now suddenly you all just disappear because you're enormous fucking hypocrites.

Kill yourselves.

Funny fact.

Also, poor people die younger than rich people. Since the public pension system has the same life expectancy for everybody factored in. Poor people end up subsidizing the rich's pensions.

Is there one that has the difference between our fries and the Americans?

I swear when I was there their medium was our large.

Hmmmm I never thought of it this way. Well done.

Because fuck you? Why should I be taxed for consuming sugar you fucking commie?

>the government then burns the corn that it purchases
For what purpose?

>why isn't there a sugar tax?

Because people have a right to do whatever they want, you communist faggot? Leave it to a fucking commonwealth to want to tax people for drinking soda. Move to NYC I'm sure you'll love it you fucking kike.

>government subsidizes poisonous foods

>but but btu they can do wut they want and and and freedom!!1

yeah nice talking points faggots but we all know its toxic and should be b&

>why isn't there a sugar tax??

even if there was its not fucking sugar
>what??-you say
its fucking cornstarch a sugar supplement
thats what we should be banning

#BRING BACK MUH REAL SUGAR
#autizumpower
#ifuckinghatethisplacebutsometimesthememesarefunny

But it also makes people more stupid.

Maybe if people stopped eating sugar the whole SJW and LGBTP crap would end.

This

soda tastes fucking good? why do you drink so much dog semen? cause you like the taste faggot.

My Grandparents are the only two people who I've seen live to 75 without being entirely useless and they both follow scrict diets for diabetics.

I'm not sure living to be decrepit is all that great though.

What the fuck is wrong with you queers.

Sugar tax = less people dying from one of the thousand sugar/obesity related diseases as well as more money for roads and schools etc. Even if you didn't care about other peoples lives would you at least not want a smoother roads to drive on?

Shouldnt tax ppl to buy it. Should tax companies they wont even bother making it then

my grandma lived to 98 and she fucking did whatever she wanted candy whenever she wanted she ate some really garbage shit. She was full blooded norwegian and my grandpa till 92 or so ate like shit.

Probably because of rot of whatever it can't process fast enough into flour or anything else that last longer.

>WHY THERE IS NO EXCESSIVE GOVERNMENT MEDDLING
>leaf
Checks out. Sage.

If you taxed my soda it wouldn't stop me from buying that shit you dumb nigger. Even though I'd rather drink tea with a tiny bit of sugar but it wouldnt stop me from ordering that shit if i FEEL like it

You dont even understand that image you pulled off Tumblr, do you, Leaf?
The smaller cups in the image are the ones we have now.
Also this doesnt account for ice, which they fuck you with at the drive through. Bastards.

I didn't know that.
Why doesn't Sup Forums ever call out farmers for being welfare queens?

>Sugar tax = less people dying from one of the thousand sugar/obesity related diseases
If that's your goal why not just ban sugary drinks altogether? People will stay pay for unhealthy things, taxes or no. Cigarettes are proof of that.

>more money for roads and schools etc.
Oh, that's why. Do you think its ethical or wise for things like roads and schools to depend on people's vices? Isn't that flat out counterproductive in fact?

They will simply switch to sugar cane substitutes to avoid the expenses, which are worse for health.
A lot of articles about that.

because we arent all libertarian fuckheads thats why

don't know where you got that picture but its bullshit, there hasn't been sizes that big at mcdonalds in at least 10 years now.

the sizes shown for the australlian version are actually what the sizes are in america, don't listen to the propaganda

>If that's your goal why not just ban sugary drinks altogether? People will stay pay for unhealthy things, taxes or no. Cigarettes are proof of that.

The tax should pay for the burden that the consumption of sugar puts on society.

>burger education
>"colourful"

If you bring a sugar tax you bring in an incentive for government to keep degenerate eating habits around.

So why not just ban it altogether?

And again, funding infrastructure and such through vice taxes is a perverse incentive.

Unhealthy people die faster and use less gibs than someone that's sticking around for 110 years

There is too much money involved in the sugar industry to try and get people to buy less sugar or sugary products.

Doctors and Dietitians can't even tell you how bad sugar is for you without risking their career, that is how much money is involved in the industry.

It's not true at all. Fatties don't just drop dead quickly, they use up health resources for most of their lives, require multiple bypasses, etc. The #1 cost in healthcare is hypertension, aka obesity.

As shown repeatedly in your own country, banning anything never works.

People simply create a black market for it or switch to a substitute which are worse than the original banned substance.

There already is.

>force the necessity of public healthcare by mass feeding the population garbage.

>Unhealthy people die faster and use less gibs than someone that's sticking around for 110 years

Unhealthy people are more unproductive and take a larger amount of health care money. Thus putting a strain to the rest of society. Look around, all the infrastructure needed in America in order accommodate landwhales.

In mexico ther is already a tax. Diet coke is cheaper than regular coke.

>If you taxed my soda it wouldn't stop me from buying that shit you dumb nigger
Well it'd stop the poor retards ruining their lives with this shit. Also I don't believe that you wouldn't at least be buying slightly less sugar.

>If that's your goal why not just ban sugary drinks altogether?
Because I can't tax that and its not like sugary drink production and consumption is all bad.

Also as a rule your shouldn't ban anything that can be done peacefully. That's actual nanny statism.

>People will stay pay for unhealthy things, taxes or no. Cigarettes are proof of that.
Yeah I'm not aiming to stop consumption of either cigarettes or sugary drinks, just minimise use and collect excise such that the negatives of consumption can be balanced out. Also cigarette use since the levy's is a perfect example of using a tax to discourage consumption.

>Do you think its ethical or wise for things like roads and schools to depend on people's vices?
Yes. Before these people were just ruining their own lives now they get to do that as well as contribute towards important societal projects.

You are literally, objectively wrong.

Here's one of many articles if you don't want to read the study itself.
nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/05iht-obese.1.9748884.html

Here's the study
journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0050029

Here's a quote from the conclusions of the study
>Although effective obesity prevention leads to a decrease in costs of obesity-related diseases, this decrease is offset by cost increases due to diseases unrelated to obesity in life-years gained. Obesity prevention may be an important and cost-effective way of improving public health, but it is not a cure for increasing health expenditures.

Can anyone spot the disingenuous reporting in this image?

It's an exaggeration. Those are Japanese McDonalds cups compared to American Cineplex (theater) drinks. American McDonalds uses the same four cup sizes as Australia, but they label them differently. (in Australia, the smallest size is "Small" and the largest is "Extra Large", while in the US the smallest is "Extra Small" and the largest is "Large")

Nah, or maybe. Those people are going to die anyways and cancer or heart treatment aren't cheap.

Kek, that graphic just proves that a tax is pointless.

The curve for soft drinks was already flat before the tax was introduced.

You will be spared the rake.

Freedom

>explain yourselves
We're rich. We're really, really fucking rich.

>forced to pay for the healthcare of obese people
>muh freedom to be obese