Why are millennials uninterested in owning a mcmansion or buying new luxury cars?

Why are millennials uninterested in owning a mcmansion or buying new luxury cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/Square-Footed_Monster
youtube.com/watch?v=95zvP1ZuNlA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They prefer to live as cockroaches in squalid apartments with roommates well into their late 20s because they just wont pull themselves up by the bootstraps.

Go ask reddit faggot

>garage facing the same direction as the front door
Why would someone buy this?

who gives a fuck snowboard and study physics you monkey

They feel unobtainable to most of them so they pretend they don't want them

I'd buy one if I could afford one. House like that costs easily 500k

Because buying a home and new car is stupid.

I doubt boomers can pay off their mortgages and car payments before they die.

I want this, I live in a rich area (smallest house on the block by far) and I often just walk around and mire the mcmansions, I want it so bad but it's too far out of reach, can't imagine any plan I could put into action other than getting extremely lucky that would see me getting it.

>mcmansion
That McMansion thing has gone too far.

I just cannot understand why some people make floor area more than half the lot area.

>mfw I just want to build a decent sized house innawoods built with actual good materials and a classical exterior
God knows how much that shit would cost.

Because relative to income, they cost 10x more than they used to cost.

>that tiny front space
>no fences
>no privacy
>terrible design
>made of plywood
Why housing in Western countries is so terrible.

They're in no position to buy into all the bullshit their predecessors did.

luxury cars depreciate.
land is a better investment
what are you like 16?

Watch this episode of king of the hill if you want an honest answer.

kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/Square-Footed_Monster

I hope no one buys a mcmansion ever. this is much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=95zvP1ZuNlA

>mfw I live in a neighborhood full of these houses

Better than those cucksheds in England tbqh.

because we know it's so beyond out of our reach in terms of happening that we've adjusted our sights to "own a small modest home"

Also this. I'd rather buy an house somewhere where the nearest neighbor is far away. Living in those American suburbs is nothing different than commieblocks

the internet really just makes everything else seem pretty pointless

Mobile homes are the future as anyone can afford them as they start at 10k.

Good goy, get into perpetual debt, the credit rates are low and you should lock in a good rate. Don't you know it's illegal to be frugal? Don't worry about saving anything, just work more hours do that we can tax you check and spend the extra funds on the institution of new legislation to fuck your over even more.

They've been spoonfed propaganda that they need to be looked after by the state and that anything they achieve needs to morally be redistributed down to anybody who doesn't achieve, and that their energy should be directed towards social "progress" rather than economic self-betterment.

In other words, they've been leashed by boomers into wageslaving and racking debt so they can pay for boomers' retirement while boomers keep the wealth and live longer than ever.

Living in a boat is kinda redpilled too

Yes. Good goy. Buy into the Agenda 21 small house fad.

This

Grapes out of reach are probably sour anyway

How's the plumbing etc work in these? Doesn't it cost a lot build one. A lot more than 10k. I'm an electrician and building electricity grid in a house costs over to 10k to the customer

Because the inflated housing markets and insane cost of living are pricing them out of home ownership.

I make 85k a year and have no debt, but can barely afford a house in CA due to cost of living, taxation, and healthcare costs for my family.

Now go tell the barista with a liberal arts degree and 50k+ of student debt to pay off to work for a house.

Looks cosy tbqh

Everyone can see the collapse coming. Anyone with any sense is saving. Taking on a large debt burden just to impress your neighbors would be suicidal right now. This isn't the 50s or even the 80s anymore. All our neighbors now are brown people from various third world dumps anyway, nobody even cares about talking to their neighbors anymore much less trying to impress them.

>uninterested
>can't afford

Because they have student loan debt. Wanted a new car. Took out credit cards. And we're generally dumb most their lives so they can't afford a mortgage.

fpbp

my generation is full of degenerate neocommies and I self-identify as generation Z because of that.

>Buying a new car of any type

Literally retarded

That is the ugliest fucking house I've ever seen. Mcmansions are ugly, offer cookie cutter suburban living, and no sense of character or culture.

>It's funny how much uninterest you have when you are broke and can barely pay your rent
Fucking /THREAD
BTFO
SAGE

I'd buy that if I had the financial means to do so.

I fucking hate all my neighbors as they reported me to HOA for not sharing my chicken eggs so I had to give my chickens to a local farm. Of course when I complain about my neighbors dogs barking, some guy throwing a party at 2AM or a cat shitting on my my lawn every morning, or the black guy who breaks into my car and drives it by leaving it off the highway they don't care.

hang yourselves kike bootlickers

Because paying a kike interest payments for the rest of your life is the American way goy

This looks like the UK to me. Where in the US are there houses like this?

we want nice things, but we can't have them because degenerate boomers shit all over everything

>tfw i wish i was one of your neighbors so i could report your urban chicken raising ass

I don't know what it is but owning a big home isn't as cool as it use to be.

>being socially awkward

>Based, redpilled, conservative Gen Y resisting ZOG influence and learning to go without consumerism

Don't see anything wrong with this.

It would interfere with my Epicurean lifestyle.

Hipster culture frown upon them, they want a huge apartment with an inner ramp like the simpsons tony hawk.

Should have shared your eggs, senpai. My neighbors have chickens and we trade them stuff from our garden (they aren't good with plants for some reason) for their surplus quite often.

What do I even gain from having a big house? So I can pay more property tax to support schools full of immigrant children who's parents don't pay property tax due to renting for life?

>too poor to afford a nice home
>not too poor to live in the ghetto
>no interest buying a home in the suburbs

Because even if you manage to afford it, you still get fucked over by property taxes assuming your property actually grows in value. Buying a house in today's market is a fucking terrible idea.

It is England. It's a cuckshed.

>calls what I would consider a realistic dream home a cuckshed

That's quite standard.

Hedonism is pointless, and most millennials acknowledge they aren't smart enough to get that rich. With inflation continually rising it's doubly pointless.

idk man. I hate that garages on modern houses are like this and not a little building at the back or side of the property or facing an alleyway. We have truly lost our way.

Because the McMansion and luxury car jews have lost their touch

Plus if you live in a McMansion you probably live on the outskirts of a city or on the outskirts of dense suburbs which entails living near nogs and spics

Comblocks are the Agenda 21 housing. They want the suburbs dozed

>Move to countryside.
>Purchase land.
>Build your own house.
>??
>profit

Because employers aren't paying them enough.

Not in Texas

This.Somewhere so undeveloped the property tax is basically non-existent.

>3485 square feet
>Palm Beach
I hope someone enjoys flushing 4 million dollars down the next hurricane
i like the aesthetics of florida houses. why don't they build them like this anywhere else in the US?

What a stupid question. Slide thread?

i would buy the fuck out of that house i want an old piece of americana before we lost our comfy style and opted for cookie cutter shit

It's pretty standard here in Texas too.
Do you live out in the boonies or what?

It is anywhere that isn't on a plain. In Canada you live anywhere but the prairies and your garage face the same way as your front door. On the prairies it faces the back yard.

I'm sure Millennials would be gullible enough to go for that shit if the Boomers didn't fuck things up.
>pay mortgage on a big, fancy home with spare bedrooms and bathrooms you'll never use
>make payments on a brand new $50k+ car that they'll only end up putting 20k miles on
>rack up tons of debt
>croak a few years later
>kids have to clean up after their mess
I'm personally fine with staying in the middle-class, desu. The most I'll want when I'm retired is a small cottage out in the woods, some shitbox that goes from point A to point B, and savings that'll go towards my kids to do with as they please, once they reach adulthood.

?? = travel to mount doom

because in my country its literally unobtainable no matter what job you have.

tax

Simple. They're buried under school loans and cannot afford a home on the wages paid by their mall job. Same reason for no kids. Same reason for no car ownership.

They're worse than broke. They're in debt and can't even file bankruptcy to clear it.

> mc """"mansion"""
> made out of cardboard
> americant construction

>implying the bubble will ever burst
>implying this isn't a controlled descent into absolutely everyone living in shitboxes
>implying living in a house for the next couple of decades and being a part of the final generation of goys who are allowed to do this before you finally lose your house to the property tax jew isn't the highest quality life you can hope to achieve compared to the alternatives available to you

Because these are baby boomer excesses. They are the entitled generation, and they swindle their way up corporate ladders to gain these.

I bought a home. Had a large enough down that they renters pay $200 over the mortgage. Property taxes are low as fuck, the high property taxes are a meme unless you don't pay them for years.

I will be paying the same rate for 30 years if I want. Won't go up. Meanwhile, when you cucks are trying to apply for section 8 housing because your social security checks can't cover whatever rent will increase to in 20 years, I'll be sitting comfy, maybe paying $400 a month by that time.

Owning property... feels good. Enjoy living next to mudslimes, Mexicans and niggers when you're 65, in a crowded shitbox of an apartment. I can also recover all my money in 20 years, sorta like a savings that lets me live for free.

because I've been in poverty my entire life.

>father was a tradesmen
>try to join trades
>union says I'm 'on the list'
>after months of calling they start to say I never joined in the first place
>join again
>call the next day
>whoops guess we must have lost it :-P
>OK
>Private trade work
>can't get a steady job, only hired on a contract basis (after the house is painted or plumbed or whatever, that's it see ya)
>payed slightly over minimum wage
>decided to go to college to get into the middle class
>study and graduate top of my class in a meme degree I did not know was a meme degree because I'm the first in my family to go to college
>counselors and everyone else were of course cheering me on the whole way
>now 30K in debt
>but at least I graduated suma cum laude, for all the good that has done me
>currently unemployed and have to lie and say I never went to college to get trade work.
>saving up to buy a plane ticket to Alaska.

fuck this gay country.

Those homes are near the beach and are built to withstand hurricanes.

The only people who even own homes on the island are wall street bankers and Trump.

This. The vikings understand this

They went to Iceland and now run an entire city from the heat of the ground

wouldnt you be worried about all the nigger ghosts in the house while you call ppl niggers?

Nah man, that house is shit and it's ugly as fuck

>living on an alleyway

Because I work in a grocery store.

fpbp

German car engineers, Italian fashion designers, French vineyard managers don't sound too kike to me. You fuckers are just incapable of making a decent expendable income.

1. Depreciation and maintenance cost
2. Purchasing power parity

The average 1995 salary of a two income earning family could easily support a McMansion. Post 2008, that same dual income family can barely afford a condo.

> t. Dallas Federal Reserve.

>30 years

I bought a house in Japan. $40,000. Paid cash.

Interest on debt is a direct transfer of wealth from the have nots to the haves. After school loans, I resolved to never again loan money for anything. Ever.

pay taxebs :^)

I don't see a collapse coming at all. Homes are just flying off the market where I am, and I am not even in a popular real estate destination.

Prices going up, the economy is booming. Honestly I was skeptical that we were in an economic bubble the past five years even though things were still kind of shit, but it seems everything is going great. Everyone who wants a job has one, lots of friends and family working overtime, people leaving jobs for better jobs, I can't get a house because of the crazy demand for houses right now.

I'm 27 and since I graduated high school this truly seems like the first decent economic year of my life. Thank you Trump.

becuase they are usually $500k+

I doubt anyone whos in their early (except whos born into money) or mid 20s has that kind of money

My ten year old vehicle is still running just fine. Unless it decides to die, gas prices go up, or my job/life needs require a different type of vehicle; then I intend to use it until parts stop being made for it.

There is a wise answer (or more) beyond 'they're just tv watching, gamers who smoke dope all day and masturbate'

Consider:

-they're no longer competing with the nation for work, but the entire globe

- they don't have much money, so they can't make the same mistakes as mommy and daddy signing their souls away on a 30-yr mortgage, cars, useless material crap, etc...

- if they are White, non-Jewish, they're fucked out loud. Even if they go into debt to be the most qualified candidate for any position out there, they don't meet the 'Duh-versity' quota because they're White and non-Jewish. "Hol up! Hol up! (smacks lips) will get the job before the WASP-model

- if they hang on long enough, they're smart enough to make money after the collapse

Because the recession never really ended and tastes changed with it.

>What?
I'm a millennial who works finance/marketing for a blue chip company. Most of our clients are in luxury markets. I've been here for about 4 years now, and the higher ups are terrified.

For instance one of our clients is HBC; so older than most countries. Advertising doesn't seem to work because people filter advertisements and those that they reach already own their goods. Pricing doesn't work because the market in their largest market simply isn't interested.

So, I occasionally get asked
>What do millennials even want?
From men in their late 50's. For instance, if you asked me

>Why don't you want a McMansion?
For what? The family I don't have because family values are shit? So I can commute longer to work?
>Why don't you want a luxury car?
I would honestly be happy to never drive in NYC again.

So, you have a generation where tastes are extremely conservative, or people are extremely conservative out of necessity.

No one knows what to do. This is further getting exasperated as the price of "staple goods" is increasing relative to wages.

It is coming. The thing about boomers is that there are enough boomers more than their gen-x and millennials children that when they start dying en mass those fewer children will get multiple estates. This just happened to two of my cousins a few years ago.

Grandfather and Grandfathers brother both die, their father gets both estates. Their father dies only 2 years later due to being a drunk, leaves all three estates to my cousins. Each of them gets about a $1.5m after everything is straightened out. Now imagine their father didn't die so soon after his older generation like most people will. There will be way more houses than people inheriting them. This will crash the value of the houses by a lot.

>living in the murder capital of California
>having a large house
It's like you WANT to get robbed by niggers

Yeah but most boomers are still in their early 60s. So should I keep living with my parents into my 50s waiting for this crash? I'm already a 27 y/o virgin I need to get on with my life and don't want to waste money on an apartment.

I think a house is a decent investment now.

This. Thanks to the internet more people are getting red pilled on no being being debt slaves while at the same time those blue pilled are debt slaves and can't afford it anyway.

Welcome to Weimerica

Anything but a dome home is a retarded investment. please keep that in mind.