Why do liberals come across as so smug?

Why do liberals come across as so smug?

Because they are.

>mfw liberal

because they are smug

/thread

They have raging inferiority complexes, which causes them to act morally and intellectually superior to everyone who doesn't think like they do.

I think its inferiority mixed with a sense of guilt they get by being in the top global 1% that they want to go away but will not do the required action to get rid of the guilt, and they are incapable of owning the fact that they have more than the vast majority of people, so it manifests itself by trying to be morally superior

Arrogance with low self-esteem.

They are right so they can act superior

Low self esteem covered by false superiority, and also a dunning Kruger effect from being told what they agree with makes them more intelligent. Basically idiots that are susceptible to suggestion and brainwashing.

That's interesting, I never considered how guilt played into it.

Liberals feel guilt for being privileged. They have to show virtue to ease their guilt. This appears as smugness.If they stop virtue signalling for a moment they'll be attacked by their own.

Bill Maher is strangely one of the more tolerable libs nowadays. I say that having experienced all of his insufferable bullshit over the last 10 years.

>Bill Maher is strangely one of the more tolerable libs
not even close

This is true
Don't even try to say anything neutral much less nice about trump

Smug Mother of All Collusion

describing the typical white-boi.

Not all of them all, but the smug liberals are just as annoying as smug atheists. They think they know everything and everyone else is ignorant and not even worth their time explaining things when they argue.

Take this liberal, for example.

>it da white man fault I ignint

it's not just smugness like smug anime girls that's just smug over being right factually or outmaneuvering somebody in an argument.

it's smugness with a moral quality. and with a idea of history where the entire process of history and civilization is "on my side" and the opponent is fighting futilely against it. so it's the magnitude of the perceived rightness that corresponds to the magnitude of the smugness.

whereas the rightist believes the liberal is wrong, maybe hilariously wrong, the rightist (if they're not religious) doesn't believe the liberal is so stupid in that the entire universe is meaningfully against them.

Why do republicans generalize so much?

Search "typical liberala" 295k results
"typical republican" 138k results

Because they are enlightened and forward-thinking but not everyone sees it this way.

Because they have no practical skills

h.o nigger. You don't have room to talk about shit since niggers are complaining about everything 24/7.

Also, niggers are insecure about race all the time.

Hes better than most of them but thats like being the tallest midget

They are in that spot where they aren't really dumb so won't be accepted by stupid people and aren't really smart so they won't be accepted by them either.

So it's a bit of an identity crisis like what a mixed race person might experience.

yea, I agree with this.

Logic predicated on data doesn't work either. Especially if they believe that nurture (historical determinism) is the largest or only factor to be considered when dealing with humans and their behavior.

They will always feel morally superior to others who don't have the same political views.

At least that is my experience out here in cali. It hurts. And i'm sure its the guilt (historical determinism).

>Why do liberals come across as so smug?
Smugness is considered a desirable trait in elitist culture.

I will follow you on this board until you leave.

Because he's a jew