Being transgender is NOT a mental illness

I used to think transgenders are mentally ill until my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.

A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.

That's basically it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

Let's be honest: the reason you oppose it is because you are disgusted by them. Your little emotions can't stand the sight of something that's different. You don't have rational arguments against them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-ocQpQtrw

Other urls found in this thread:

acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-dysphoria-in-children
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>my professor told me
I know a college professor. He's a cocaine addict and likes to fuck 19 year olds.

Your mom is a social construct.

R A R E
A
R
E

sage this copy pasta bullshit

Mate if you are born a sex and don't agree with it that's body dismorphic disorder and it's a mental illness. You can still be a dude and have a dick and admit to being a male and like to bake instead of watching football.
I know this is bait but I couldn't help it

nice b8 m8

7/10 because you typed all that crap

>guy with female centric hobbies
not a mental illness, just faggy
>guy with female anatomy desires
mental illness, extremely faggy

this actually makes sense to me

wtf i hate transgender haters now!

>Chromosomal disorders make up less than 1% of the population
>Gender is a social construct
Nah. Good try, though.

if it's faggy to want to be railed and raped and made a sexual object and have my boipussy bred by bigger, stronger, alpha men then I don't want to be straight.

is this some kinds of inside leaf joke?

This is the single stupidest thing I've read on Sup Forums this week.

so its kinda like having multiple personalities

i get it now

thanks for clearing that up

transgenderism is a mental illness but it's successfully treated by hormones and social transition :^)

Not conforming to what you were born as is classified as being a faggot, that's about it.

>gender is a social construct
>but male and female brains are biologically different

>but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind
This sounds like you're describing a mental illness...

THIS IS A SHILL THREAD, SAME ONE WAS COPY PASTED YESTERDAY WITH ZERO REPLIES

REMINDER TO SAGE AND REPORT SHILL/SLIDE THREADS

i cant refute it and it upsets me!

thus its false!

its like saying vaginas boobs and dicks where created by man

That bitch is a champion

If more people take on your opinion, we can uphold the 40% suicide rate of transgender people.

Thx, m8.

your mind does not dictate your body. your body says you are a male, nature says you are a male. you can think you are a women, think like a women, but that doesn't make you a women. we don't define women by the way they think, but by biology. transgender is in a sense a mental ilness because it defies nature. you can't be a women if you're a man. it's as simple as that.

Your professor is lying to you, and that is NOT basically it.
99.97% of people experience gender and sex as the same thing. They identify as their sex and do not see their gender separate from their sex.
.3% of people experience gender and sex separately. This rare set of people suffer from a mental health syndrome -clinically diagnosed- as Gender Dysphoria.

Gender Dysphoria (known popularly as transgenderism) is a rare egosyntonic mental health syndrome that is characterized by the following symptoms: experiencing sex and gender separately, depression, anxiety, distress, acute discomfort, suicidal thoughts, and body dysmorphia.

Current treatment for Gender dysphoria is psychiatric counseling as the foundation, coupled with reinforcing therapies known as 'transitioning' which allow the sufferer to take on the appearance of the opposite sex in order to relieve their symptoms.
Gender Dysphoria patients must be clinically diagnosed by a psychiatrist before 'transitioning' treatments can be prescribed. Psychiatric counseling takes place concurrently to 'transitioning' and is ongoing through and after transitioning. 'Transitioning' helps patients short term by providing them some relief from their symptoms of depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and body dysmorphia. However, after transitioning, suicide rates climb back up to pre-transitioning levels. Many hospitals and doctors will no longer perform sexual reassignment surgery for the reason it is not effective long term.

Some studies have shown that if the patient is given psychiatric counseling but not the reinforcing cosmetic therapies, that the dysphoria may resolve on its own. The American College of Pediatricians has shown that when Gender Dysphoria occurs in pre-pubescent children, that the syndrome resolves in the vast majority of patients by late adolescence. Their work is summarized at acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-dysphoria-in-children

you don't have rational arguments for why we should like them either.

>until my professor

>Born with a penis
>Find that girls are bitches and won't give guys the time of day
>Decide you feel like a female
>Now the girls love you and can't get enough of you
>Become a lesbian trangender
You're right that's not mental illness it's just pathetic. You got a dick. We don't get to choose. Make the best of it you little bitch.

This is a pure example of how professor's today brainwash ppl.
Wow trans ppl know that they have a dick but want to act like a woman. How is this in anyway "shocking information" did u really never know this? Now all of a sudden ur "awaken" you truly are a dumbass, OP. They were not conceived right in the womb. Instead of receiving the male mentality they have a faggot brain. That's why gay men always act like women and that's why ugly ass dykes dress and try to act like men. They are fucked in the head. Just because youre use to something doesn't mean it's normal. Not all humans are equal and these are just a few examples that natural selection never applies to humans because we always let the weak breed meanwhile in other species the strong breed and that's why they dont have a fucked up system. Fuvk u and ur faggot friends

It's funny how much of the trans rhetoric revolves around superficial things. A bro likes things society decided are feminine? That doesn't make him any different; He's not mentally ill, he doesn't need the surgery the left is telling him to get, he just happen to like something not "masculine".

The colors pink/purple were not seen as feminine until barbee. Even one napoleanic era uniform had pink. These days you'll get called a fag or pushed to get surgery if you like pink. It wasn't a sign of being gay or needing surgery back then, and it's not now. Point is (okay, granted a freaking color is a pretty small example, but you get the idea) society has it all wrong. Both sides.

No, they're not mental ill; That's just to sell surgery. They just like a feminine thing.

Tyler Durden once said, 'Sticking feathers up your ass doesn't make you a chicken' That applies here.

your teacher is a faggot

That's a nice bull red.

This fucktard post again!!!!

>i cant refute it
Gish Gallop. Say enough wrong shit in rapid sequence, leave your opponents struggling to pick out what wrong point to tear down first, declare it can't be false!

I was liberal once, I know your tactics. On reddit circa ~2006, when I was down with SRS, I was personally instrumental in refining your tactics. Life ProTip, they don't really work. A house built on an intellectual and moral sinkhole will not stand.

If you honestly believe mutilating your body is going to make you happy, and not want to kill yourself (90% of trans people), then you are not mentally healthy. In other words mentally ill

Oh also transgenders are the real sexists.
If gender is a social construct how can you be born as the wrong social construct?
Trans people are imitating what they think a certain gender is supposed to act like. That's about as sexist as it gets.

Transgendersim is reckognized as mental illness by world health organisation. But yeah, you are right because your commie sociology professor said so

Yeah not crazy at all. They just want to mutilate themselves and become dependant on drugs for life because they liked the wrong hobby for their genitals.

Honestly i don't think they are born crazy. I blame the 100% kiked medical community and other parts of society that have deluded then into it.

They are emotionally unstable people and instead of help they are fed a bunch of shit to push then into full crazy territorry.

>but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind

Sounds like a textbook example of a mental illness to me.

Just because you don't like it being a mental illness doesn't make it any less of a mental illness.

It's literally OCD with genitals

lol

12 gauge to the head is a much more effective treatment I say

pathological behaviour = mental illness

And check my fucking dub trips, you stingy bastards. Kek confirms.

>I decided transgenderism is something it isn't, therefore everyone else is wrong, not me
faggot of the year award goes to OP

they're mentally ill for thinking that not liking sports makes you a woman. you are what you are. behavior does not determine biological sex.

I play with dolls, am I a woman?

So why are their mental health and suicide rates so high even when history of abuse and discrimination are accounted for?

I see what he's saying but doesn't mean that trans acceptance is doing nothing but strongly reinforcing heteronormative gender roles and functions? Doesn't seem much like progress to me senpai. No wonder there are so many Ronald Clumpf supporting trannies.

suck my cock cleetus. i will tickle your hole with my peener and then ever so jewishly shove it in until you're literally humming with pleasure. then i will breed you until my aryan semen is dripping from your eyes and you choke on my beautiful children.

you'll beg to finish me off with your thighs like some 13 years old somali whore

>tfw would rather bakes
Watching sweaty black men play with balls is gay.

Why isn't it their right to freely express themselves then? Transgenderism should be protected under the first ammendment. Also gendered bathrooms are stupid if we are worried about kids we should have bathrooms with age limits.

Actually a very nice and informative post, thanks user

this is the most obvious bait
>what is a tomboy

how are the grenadines this time of year

>So you be saying they want to benefit off a stupid fucking system that will always favor women.

Get this copy pasta shit post outta here, I saw this exact same shit a few days ago.

You're not fooling anyone. Fuck off.

>A man thinking he's a woman
That's the analogy people use for other cases when something is clearly incorrect.

Only Deep South Bros understand the feel of bull reds.

Wrong

Your Jew professor is lying to you.

thinking that you know what it's like to be another gender without going through what they actually go through is demeaning to the gender.

>Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the others sex's mind
So literally body dysphoria?

>dat rebbit spacing
>dat post

Fuck off

Also fuck you OP, just because I enjoy cooking and baking, that doesn't mean I want to cut my dick off and be a female.
You need to stop being a snowflake faggit.

The Grenadines are basically completely undeveloped. Just rent the resort on Young Island. It's like 20 minutes from the capital and you can go there right from the airport or a cruise ship.

It's a bait for the U.S Minor Outlying Islands.

THIS THREAD WAS HERE YESTERDAY JUST DONT REPLY LIKE NIGGA GO TO ANOTHER THREAD

Transgender faggots need death by rope!!!! Fuck all you faggots we will get you!!!

So your shitty public university brainwashed you into believing that if a male is effeminate he should mutilate his body with hormones and surgery? If you're not man enough, than turn in your man card to schlomo and cut your cock off? It is seriously disturbing to think that we can just change nature around because you're a little different than the other boys. Also yes faggots are disgusting too but we don't need to get into all of that, I'm sure you've heard a million rational logical arguments against homosexuals.