Can someone basic gestalt me on just what the hell is going on? are we all fucked?

can someone basic gestalt me on just what the hell is going on? are we all fucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FrEdbKwivCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Shadow Brokers" obtain NSA malware.

Offer to sell it for ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Nobody pays it.

They release it for free to "protest trump".

Some script kiddies get their hands on it and make a malware worm.

Someone used the NSA's leaked toolkit to spread a virus that encrypts computers' data and asks for a ransom to decrypt it.

Then they spread it by tricking people into opening word documents, or similar shit that can be used to download infected executables from the internet. The virus spread a lot apparently, and now a bunch of sensitive data has been held hostage.

Pretty funny desu.

The genius transvestite NSA niggers lost control of the weapons they use to spy on us and fuck with our personal lives, and now we see the result. Of course, they will blame it on le evil criminals, when in fact the blame lies squarely on the NSA and the US Federal Government

it's the 90s all over again

>NEW YORK (AP) — Dozens of countries were hit with a huge cyberextortion attack Friday that locked up computers and held users’ files for ransom at a multitude of hospitals, companies and government agencies.

>It was believed to the biggest attack of its kind ever recorded.

Has anyone dealt with the situation? Or are we going to be dealing with this shit for a couple of weeks?

>Tfw this is only a fraction of what the future holds

We really need to work on our cyber security

>gestalt
As long as the replicants have not been hacked we can fix this.

Pretty sure the virus has switched off

It had a kill switch that either someone used/commandeered or it terminated itself

ayys are responsible

>It had a kill switch that either someone used/commandeered or it terminated itself
interesting. pretty sure one of the drudge headlines said that it probably spread much faster than the attackers had anticipated. so why would they kill it? afraid too much attention would make them much more vulnerable to getting caught?

Probably.
I wonder if the killswitch decrypted the encrypted files or if the people already infected are still fucked.

or maybe this was a test run and it worked exactly as planned next is to let the beast out at 100% and that to me means even faster and harder to eject.

Maybe this whole ordeal was never actually rogue hackers. Maybe this was a test, or, like another post a couple of hours ago said, a way to stir up people and make them believe that this was some Russian shenanigan.

That would suck ass.

Don't be stupid on the internet and you should be OK.

If anyone actually gets fucked by this virus it's most likely their fault. All you had to do to prevent infection was not clicking dodgy links, installing two months old security updates or at least having a backup.

It's the Chinese, who else would it be?

- make lots of the silicon chips
- have all the source code to everything
- make all the hardware

It's the Dark Army from Mr. Robot

>make them believe that this was some Russian shenanigan.
jesus christ. i feel like this type of attack where data is held hostage in encrypted form comes disproportionately from russians. maybe im misinformed though.

Just a move to give governments the excuse to make bitcoins illegal.

If you are alive then you are always fucked....

It still would suck ass. Imagine losing all of your memes.

>Not having two external 1TB drives for the sole purpose of meme backups

I can tell your collection of rare Pepes is not very impressive.

It's Skynet, but don't worry I'll save you guys...

Better hurry the fuck up this time.

but is it even a meme if it's disconnected from the internet?

>tfw skynet gets you addicted to meth and now you are too broke to save the world

This is the plan in action.
The world is insolvent. All governments are insolvent and they need to commandeer the planet. They already have, but to get us to go along they are attacking themselves and are going to crash the banking system this way and force us all onto their NWO world currency

i think you might be onto something very retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=FrEdbKwivCI

I wanna devise a virus
To bring dire straits to your environment
Crush your corporations with a mild touch
Trash your whole computer system and revert you to papyrus
I want to make a super virus
Strong enough to cause blackouts in every single metropolis
Cuz they dont wanna unify us
So fuck it total anarchy
Can't nobody stop us

was a false flag