Is Jordan Peterson /our/ guy?

youtube.com/watch?v=USg3NR76XpQ

Joe Rogan talks with Jordan Peterson #958

This man has not only changed my entire outlook on life, but the truth behind the meaning of what society embodies and what it means to be a person in place of society really rustled my Jimmies.

He even talks about Pepe the frog in this pod and the origin of Kekistan.

It's worth the entire 3 hours to watch, and by far is Joe Rogan's favourite podcast by far.

Believe me, it will motivate your lazy asses to get up and contribute your life to society.

Watch then discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2fBVlmZzh6c
youtu.be/59NsuVsOoZE
youtu.be/GLbjmIajj9g
youtu.be/xihzgEsV2nw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop shilling yourself here Jordan

Great interview

Jordan Peterson is a careerist. He realised that there's a tonne of unhappy, demotivated, loser young white men on the internet who have these communities of Sup Forums, Reddit, and YouTube.

Like Milo, he realised he could make a lot of money from them by preaching to them. No he's making a shit tonne of money and becoming super famous.

Holy shit I just looked at his Patreon... he's making $34k a month. Good luck to him

It is obvious that you are not the creative type that Jordan Peterson would point out. You will be rooted out of society eventually and no one will care about you.

If you were the creative type, you would watch this fucking interview before you make broad assumptions about money.

In fact, that is the issue in today's society. Money is the necessity for survival.

Jordan doesn't want money, he wants you to recognize the truth. If you want to know the fucking truth, then watch this video if you want to learn to be an alpha male.

Quit being a beta fag.

An electrician makes more that 34K a month, and it takes a man to do that job.

Jordan is much more of a man because he actually fucking worked hard to get where he is today.

Sitting at a computer being a SJW or a feminist is doing no good in society and is actually dividing it.

Look at Anti-fa.

He talks about a lot of prominent issues in today's society in this podcast to.

I am trying to be a faithful messenger to help my fellow pedes out.

Joe Rogan needs to invite more Sup Forums memes and less dude weed niggers. We need another alex jones without that retard fuck Johnny bravo or whatever his name was. I can't believe he stole like 30 minutes of Alex's time on flat earth

Isn't Johnny Bravo his next guess he stated in the Video at the end?

He can't give straight answers regarding his beliefs, can't take this melodramatic chump seriously, he just wants the gibs.

>electricians make more than 34k a month
>electricians make 408k a year
m8 if that were the case I wouldn't have student loans out the ass and my paremts wouldmt live in a house that's falling apart.

t. My dad was an electrician for 40 years

he stuck his neck out and it paid off

and he didn't just start making videos as a mid-20s loser who just has "opinions on things and stuff." he actually has some credentials and authority that's the result of literal decades of work and study. it's a good thing for a person like that who is actively working to better the world to get rewarded.

>there's a tonne of unhappy, demotivated, loser young white men on the internet

yeah and doesn't that tell you that there might be something bad going on right now and it's a good thing that people who aren't against you are addressing it?

t. PIDF

Holy fuck that guy was frustrating with the constant interruptions about bullshit

Who gives a fuck if hes helping them to motivate?

I'm glad Joe makes fun of his retardation
youtu.be/2fBVlmZzh6c

I love how some people on Sup Forums suddenly take against the idea of making money when it gives them an excuse to tear someone down

>pssh look at these dupes voluntarily paying for stuff they want
>can't fool me

Just shut the fuck up nobody's impressed by what a le cynical badass you are

an intelligent, articulate, modest man offers dozens of hours of free youtube lectures about his psychology research and life philosophy that he's been cultivating over a lifetime and you are complaining that he is receiving some donations for it

>he just wants the gibs.
You obviously haven't watched the guy, if you had it'd be outrageously obvious how genuine the cunt is. He's completely sincere and believes in what he's doing, it's obvious in every one of his videos.

That fucko ruined that podcast, every time Jones was getting stuck into some bizarro interesting shit and that asian faggot barges in with another incoherent rant ended with a retarded question.

Get into the trades? Go to your local union for what ever trade you may be interested in and find out information about pre-apprenticeship program they offer. It's a great way to get in, but the foot is in the door and all you have to do is show up everyday to work and get paid. I'm well on my way to being an electrician. :)

A lot of people think going to university will solve all their problems... but the job market is over saturated and the trades are more in demand than people who sit at desks typing on computers all day.

>taking life advice from the clinically depressed
Never gonna make it

If you're from Greece, you would see a lot of pale white men here in America who gives to shits about life and feel like they have no meaning or purpose in life and are depressed.

If that actually sounds like you too, go watch the podcast.

most of what he says is good, I like it
Interesting stuff but the problem is he is not challenged on what he says and people take it as gospel, his first interview with Sam Harris was very telling.
Also, Peterson's views on religion is just woo woo.

This is an advertisement
Reported

OH REALLY?

Well, then what the fuck are you doing mister

>"I'm not depressed, I just play video games everyday cause that's life and that's who I am".

You sound like a beta cuck who probably never fucked a girl, gotten a real job, or have a 5 year plan.

Your version of hell is reality. Change it :)

>asian
Don't insult the gooks. He's a Mexican. Lel.

Do you remember the first time you listened to Alex talking about the dimensions and stuff. It's very strange but every time I hear him talk about it I feel a tingle. The sort of stuff you feel when you pray and you mean it. Very strange. His theories also collude with this (which I think is a hippie LARPer, but what he says parallels Alex's theory.)
youtu.be/59NsuVsOoZE
His whole chanel is filled with hundreds of videos of hippie mumbo jumbo that sounds a lot like what Alex says. Probably 100hrs worth

You're a shill looking for some attention. Can't give up 3 hours of your life to change it so you have not only a positive outlook in life, but also maybe develop a fucking plan to snap out of your current state of mind and do something so you don't continue being on the bottom of the totem pole.

You aren't going to make over 50k in 3 - 5 years with that attitude.

Good luck changing your life

>clinically depressed if not worse
>still makes bank and gets shit done

Seems like a good example to me tbdesu

Nice projecting m8.
Go follow Perterson some more; you can be a prozac popping tradcon too.

Jordan Peterson talks about various different topics in this podcast and even Joe Rogan himselfs says this is his favourite podcast of all time, at #958... He even claims at the end of the 3 hours it changed his entire outlook on life.

Go watch it fag.

Jordan Peterson is becoming a meta hero, as he describes it.

I'm starting to think he's the father many of us never had.

You should follow him as well! Maybe you wouldn't be a low life POS who thinks life sucks and have no meaning...

I recommend watching this 3 hour podcast, you're life will change.

Or maybe you're just not the creative type and just a brick in the wall.

That's how I feel too,

he was very inspiring to listen to and everything he said in this 3 hour podcast changed my scope on the reality of this big, complex world.

A true modern philosopher and he's rising in the ranks like fucking crazy.

Sort yourself out! you can be as happy and mentally stable as me! Just don't forget your mind-altering pharmajew pills!

it is odd how people have fallen in love with Peterson, in what seems like a pretty short time period.

he has some interesting view some original, most just regurgitated Jung.
He is interesting but the people who are ready to suck his dick most likely also bought some Alphabrain and drink coffee with coconut oil in it, while telling everyone how funny Joey Diaz is.

He's doing so well because he struck a chord with the 'I am an atheist but wish I could reasonably go to a church/be religious somehow' crowd. It was a completely untapped resource. I used to see those sorts of comments here on Sup Forums frequently too. It's no surprise he's popular here. I'm not sure I buy into his interpretations, they require you to read out the intent of the original works, but his ideas are interesting so I see the appeal.

be honest, which works of Jung have you read to completion?

it's true that he's not challenged often enough. unfortunately most of the youtube "personalities" are chumps with average IQ's who can just about manage to squeeze out shit that's vaguely intelligent and coherent enough to garner an audience, and those are the people interviewing him. someone like rogan can't keep up, and obviously can't challenge anything said.

peterson's philosophy is a lot more fulfilling and profound than harris', i dunno who's right or wrong. the second conversation was a lot more interesting, unfortunately i dont think harris will think it's worth having a third round. he seemed to be becoming disinterested in the second one.

jones is fucking out there lel, the dude's insane. it was interesting what he was saying about some of the greatest scientists having a loopy side, being into channeling and the occult and thinking their ideas were being given to them by supernatural forces though.

Based canadian peterson poster

He is the hero we need but dont deserve.
God bless him

I have been on the motivational/self improvement ride for a few years now and I have yet to meet anyone better then him.

>depression is a biological illness and not a pharma plot to make shekels meme.

I agree a lot of his religious stuff doesn't really stand up to being directly very well. And he hasn't even been challenged by the other angle yet, an actually religious one. His views are untested in that way.

But he is solid when he discusses politics, ideologies, psychology, etc. His religious stuff is just a non-believers attempt at trying to save Christianity because he fears what will happen otherwise. I believe he's not going to succeed because ultimately, unless you believe the stories are real religion won't grab most people on an emotional level.

A careerist type of person would have tried to make money earlier in his career rather than at the age of 54 you fucking ape.

He's humble enough to admit that he doesnt know everything. He won't tell you that liberty and freedom are the best things possible in a society because he knows there might be a time where such a thing isn't beneficial to society as a whole. He can't tell you things he's not 100% on. I don't like this too much, but I can see why he does it.
youtu.be/GLbjmIajj9g

REEEEEEEEEEE
I've only seen 20 mins of it. I'll do it after the gym. Shit's long mayne

you can't fool me satan

*being challenged

> selling Peterson's stupid scientology auditing kit

Both Rogan and Peterson can fuck off

woah turn off that projector it's fucking overheating dude

Have any books on Jung that I can read? I heard other philosophers mentioned, but couple particular ones he mentioned I couldn't make out their names.

I don't think he's a meta hero just quite yet. He hasn't shown an act of true Valor. Sure he gave that speech at McMaster, but has his life ever been at risk?

I'd say Alex is much more of a meta hero. The guy has been beaten, drugged and threatened with weapons and the end of his show, the fucker just keeps on trucking more and more righteously than before.
youtu.be/xihzgEsV2nw
I'd love to be a soldier under his command.

he earns 100k plus lecturing and has loadsa dosh besides

He's becoming what he so holy dears that he talks about, gods.

He is becoming a god amongst today's men and he see's it, but he hasn't had the time to grasp what he should do with his wide spread attention.

Peterson's argument for truth being pragmatic was terrible. He should have argued instead that under uncertainty, what you believe should be the most useful until its proven otherwise. Then you just have to argue Christianity is the most beneficial to society. That is his argument, that science is incomplete knowledge so there's no reason to abandon the underpinnings of the west. Except by framing it as the truth itself should be decided on that basis is just going to strike people are wrong, because to most the truth is that which corresponds with reality. Not being able to know it fully doesn't mean truth, whatever it is, isn't truth. Peterson could solve his problem by framing his position better.

Peterson is right about the social value of Christianity though. That's also the area where the new atheists are the most dishonest and naive. But those arguments aren't unique to Peterson and that dead horse is pulp by now. Nothing will convince autistic new atheists of this. They think all humanity is at core as peaceful as they are which is madness. They've even stooped to lying to make their cases before which is just an indication of how stubborn they are.

What the fuck are you talking about in the end these? Quit projecting your faggy friends (or yourself) onto other people.

I think the biggest fact that people fell in love with him so quickly is that people don't read books anymore, and of those who do they either read fiction or gay self help books about BELIEVE IN YURSELF RICH DAD GAY DAD DUUR and nothing about psychology or the way of man. These books are not promoted and in the age of the 3 second attention span a man with a video and very interesting (relatively) things to say is god in the eyes of those seeking knowledge and truth.

>people who make money in exchange for what they produce are bad people

i want communists to leave

>He hasn't shown an act of true Valor
He tells the truth

*strike people AS wrong

Making typos this morning.

See that is just stupid, he is becoming a god ? what does that even mean ?
you mean he is becoming a celebrity ? an Internet Sensation ? or a god ?

His basis on real religion, as he states in the podcast, is that it defined the society that we come to embodied today.

It many many millennia to fabricate the society we live in today, all because of gods and how a god is percieved to a human.

Gods were the perception of senses that we feel today. In today modern world, being angry is a feeling, but to describe that feeling many many thousands of years ago, they call it (in some cultures) the Rage God.

It was their way of describing something they don't know anything about. We just modernized it in today's world with fancy words.

Fucking lol. Surely you must be a T_D retard, only they are stupid enough to unironically admire Alex Jones

He explains A LOT more of this topic in the podcast with Joe, just go watch it :)

We will rise above the hell and create our own version of heaven in this life of ours!

What is your plans for the next 5 years?

There are plenty of arguments that stand again the "social value of Christianity" I would like to see Peterson debate Alex Malpass on that sort of subject.

This is me. It's inspiring to see so many others who grew up in Marxist hellholes break free, but I fear the damage is done. I truly belive we are at the beginning of some sort of fucked up Rennaisance

Yes generally, but what I'm more interested in is why there is so much shilling/counter shilling going on related to him. Does he have a publicist coming on here? Is the Canadian government trying to drive his dangerous free speech ideas underground? What's the deal?

He doesn't name Sup Forums, he names Kekistan. Kekistan is reddit-tier.

Well, enjoy your shitty useless life then. If you can't listen to words of a philosopher... then you should just read Darwin. You might just win a brick as a reward for your efforts! :)

Man and His Symbols is probably the most accessible.

You could also read Dostoevsky. He's not a philosopher per se, but he's been a massive influence on Peterson. Start with Notes from the Underground, it's only like 100 pages.

Some other names Peterson frequently mentions as being particularly influential are Nietzsche, Piaget, Solzhenitsyn, and Mircea Eliade.

I found Peterson in 2011 and therefor i am better then all of you. I been trying to get people on him for years. I wonder if anyone ever listened. Can i please get som validation on this for being ahead of the curve?

How much is he making a month between self-help kits, patreon donations, paid speeches etc.?

Have names of any of those...learn to become man books?

But you do realize that while his hypothesis that the wars of the gods actually represented wars for supremacy between individual cults is on equal footing with the idea that wars were literally just that? Mythological wars? Or the idea the gods were from space and fought in UFOs and that was the basis of the stories? Or any other postulated hypothesis? His claim is an interesting one but it shouldn't be accepted on the basis of how pleasingly he articulates it.

And that's just one example of his claims on how religions form. His claims are interesting but people are too quick to take them for granted.

Fuck you faggots who say he's an eceleb, at least he's productive and people can learn from him. Sort yourselves out, buckos

A god

He has been saying the same shit he is saying now in his Harvard lectures from the 90's.

People complained initially of the way he spoke in his talks saying that he was whining and shit. But what they heard in his voice was he was desperate for people to listen and really understand what he was saying.

You are wrong.

pic related

But money is the necessity of life. It's what we use to bargain for food, housing, water and clothing on your back. He worked hard to earn that 100k, and rightfully so, he deserves a hell of a lot more.

What the fuck have you guys done thus far besides sitting on your lazy fat asses expecting a 100k paycheck with no little effort to produce any work to garnish that wage?

He's trying to help society, and you guys are just part of the problem.

>This man has not only changed my entire outlook on life
How? I feel like he has something to give. How do I get it? He talks about a lot of stuff, but is there a specific playlist to get the "sort yourself stuff"? His Maps of Meanings series, perhaps? I have his Self Authoring suite from when he gave it to us for free, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

>Nothing will convince autistic new atheists of this
don't be so sure. dawkins for example has been making some noises recently that sounds remarkably similar to "the social value of christianity." of course it will be slow going.

The best argument is reality of course. And the Christian west created the most humane and intellectual society in history. Arguments against the social value of Christianity will always exist because if reality doesn't suffice to prove itself to these people, no amount of words ever will.

>"sort yourself stuff"
*"sort yourself out" stuff

I'm totally with you on Jones. He'll be a fucking legend in American folklore for 1000 years.

And by reality I mean the very world we live in. It is harder to appreciate the world you live in than most people think. It's much easier to just take it for granted because you don't live in the world that doesn't exist. It makes people miss the self-evident.

Very simple. If your psuedo philosophic autist denies that Jesus Christ is Lord, resurrected and alive in Heaven, then he's a con artist.

Enjoy being memed into 'practicing good morals' but not actually believing the the divinity of your Savior.
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

kekistan is Sup Forums tier...

TOP KEK, HOLY ANCIENT FROG DIETY!

Go back to your closet newfag

or it developed despite the "Christian West" as you can cherry pick either side if you are willing and it would help either side. I mean you cant just take the good.

Christianity is not true, but the bottom 90% of people don't have to mental faculties to cope with the level of individualism present in American society and will make bad long-term decisions. This is why religion is needed to shepherd the masses, so they do not become degenerated.

You can't derive an ought from an is. All science does is give you an is. Scientific facts are true, but they aren't the only truths. A story may be completely fictional, but in it we can perceive all kinds of truth, and from the truths in the story people can derive an ought.

Science completely discards subjectivity, which can be extremely useful, but ultimately limits it in directing human behaviour. Humans just don't work in the way Harris wants them to, we can't rely completely on rationale, no matter how many scientific facts we find it won't enable us to live meaningful lives. The early stories of Israel are the same story repeated over and over, a civilisation that abandons its faith and begins to worship its own reason, which leads to its collapse. This cycle repeats over and over in the Old Testament, and it's happening again now. When humans abandon their faith in a higher power and worship themselves we fall into chaos.

I can take literally of the bad and it is still a positive because otherwise I'm a fucking loon who whines because nothing perfect has existed yet.

go on peterson's site, he has a reading list.

(OP)
Very simple. If your psuedo philosophic autist denies that Jesus Christ is Lord, resurrected and alive in Heaven, then he's a con artist.

Enjoy being memed into 'practicing good morals' but not actually believing the the divinity of your Savior.
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Thanks a bunch, will be looking into this in the neat future!

Lel, I mocked it but rich dad poor dad is not a bad book. Read Democracy, the God that failed too. I should read more often.

Probably more than you ever worked hard for...

no

No,he's a civic nationalist at best.

It's not odd. His viewpoints are EXACTLY in line with many disaffected men, but his eloquence and reading level mean that he can articulate them in a really smart way.

Everybody likes hearing a really smart person independently confirm what they believe. It unleashes a whole army of warm and fuzzy feelings. It adds legitimacy to your worldview and confirms the "other" are misguided and wrong. Something he talks a lot about on the podcast, actually.

Yeah "maps of meaning" and personality courses lectures are all on YouTube. I use a site to convert to mp3 and listen on car rides or walks. Maps of meaning 2017 has a 3-part interpretation of the movie "Pinocchio" which is excellent

Peterson used that in his second interview with Sam "Truth can be obtained from a book of fiction", this was not really what he was trying to say in the first debate/podcast.
I think in the first one he was not expecting to get taken to task on his ideas and he really failed to make leeway so he went away and kind of shifted his original idea somewhat.

So, a famous psychologist which also works for the Toronto university risks everything in order to have a chance to get a few thousands more in the anarchy the internet is.

Do you know how much money makes a good psychologist?