How the fuck do i get out of restaurant work at the age of 19?

how the fuck do i get out of restaurant work at the age of 19?

Kill yourself

Acquire skills

it's pretty easy and potentially fun to get fired from a restaurant if that's what you want.

Bullshit someone into giving you a job you think you can do. Fake a reference.

Join a construction crew. Tell the boss that you want to work a real job and then show up on time and work hard.

Join the military

I joined the military.

Cons:
>Israel's good goy

Pros:
>A place to live
>Decent pay
>Decent food
>Friends
>Structure

dont want to die for israel or be told what to do every single waking minute.

Stab the head chef to death, I'm sure it's been done many times.
I did two days in a kitchen once, fuck that shit never again, I'd rather shoot pigs in the head and I'm a vegetarian.

You aren't told what to do every single waking moment, that's a civilian meme. Also, it depends on your job. Non-combat jobs have an incredibly low chance of dying in combat. Either way, you have my legitimate, unfiltered advice, good luck to you.

Go lifeguard, get in shape first.

when you get out you can make tons of money being a contractor like me

200k for 6 months work is the median rate

don't be a pussy

given that you probably have zero studies
no money to acquire other skills...

work harder, longer hours
be proactive, attentive
treat every customer like it was the only one
be involved in solving every problem the restaurant faces
eventually you'll get promoted. if not, leave after 6 months, try elsewhere
once promoted, step up your game
work more, harder
get involved in budget, supplies, work schedules, work disputes
be promoted to manager, then general manager. if it doesn't happen in 2 years, leave
once you're manager, make sure the restaurant stays in business, then increase profitability
by then you'll have choices and experience
best next step is to aim for a stake in the restaurant, become part owner
then part owner of a second, a third...

none of this recquires other than working hard, being proactive, learning from everything and everyone just at work, and keeping your dick in your pants most of the time

godspeed

I'm almost 50 and still working minimum wage jobs, with a college degree

Trade unions are on a big recruiting push right now. There's apprenticeship programs opening up everywhere.

i said how to get out
i dont want to win the rat race. theres a manager i work with whos 27 and hates his life and job

>19
No hope for you, you've left it far too late.

because he probably doesn't have aspirations, and I bet his life outside work is not helping him

to get out you need money or studies
you have none
becoming manager and then owner will get you money and tons of experience
you'll have the chance to study then
but, if you made it there, most likely you'll stay an owner and open other restaurants

How can someone who is 19 manage people that are 25 plus? All the wait staff is practically 30. I can't even serve alcohol legally

Learn marketing (Seth Godin). Publish some short books on the kindle store (KDP). Bring value to the marketplace.

Fork lift certifications are about $100. Fork lift operating gigs pay around $15 an hour in my city. It isn't ballin' out cash, but it beats the fuck out of restaurant slaving.

Go get an engineering degree then join the Seafarers Union make 300k by the time you're 30 with a 80% pension to retire by 46.

>travel the globe as you connect the world with essential goods

Tbh, join a trade as an apprentice. Electrician /plumber/hvac/fire alarm are some of the better ones

Apply for real jobs dumbass

Serving is for single women with kids

Create your own business, or go for Tier 1 industry jobs where you go across the country for. Mining, logging, tree planting, oil industry, it's all for men and primed for men. Also it's mostly racist white men.

>tier 1 industry
I meant tier 2, or whatever tier that works with raw resources.

/biz/

Go to college. If you are still living at home money from waiting tables should be able to cover tuition at a good state school. Get a good degree and network a big, get an internship when you turn 21 and get out of the restaurant business, or else you will go down the long road of getting shitfaced every weeknight in some shitty pub on a Tuesday and spend all your tip money on alcohol and pretty much continue this trend until you are 40 and kill yourself.

Save up to go to trade school

Probably find a passion. You have time. Don't be working in retail I'm your mid 30s like yours truly has for over a decade.

1)Learn html/css/javascript, and python and/or C# and/or java. Treehouse, Udemy, Khanacademy. My online academy of choice is Udemy.

2) Learn basic sorting/algorithms for tricky interview questions.

3) Make 5 web projects or desktop projects you can show off in an interview, and bring your source code.

Exactly my situation two years ago, and exactly what I did. Now I'm an entry-level engineer and my job is paying me to earn my BS in compsci at night.

It will take time and hard work, but feed your misery to your motivation to gtfo of service industry.

J U S T

This, or any trade. Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, hvac and mechanical.

There's always a need for trades. If after time you pick something up and are good at it, side jobs for cash are always good .

Go on unemployment, food stamps, get a crackhead gf so you can get WIC. Etc... I promise, it's the best way to get ahead in life.

>Save up
>Buy tools
>Become contract worker
>Make more money immediately

I was making 11.50 changing tires, now I make $14.00 working on random shit. People TEACH ME how to work for them and I get paid to learn.

>le passion meme
Don't fall for this meme. Go for a career that you know will work out for you and that you can tolerate. It's work user, not a hobby.

Fuck off, CS is full.

keked at the filename

Don't. You're fucking 19, somebody has to do the shit work.

Holy hell this thread
>urmh get a engineer degree/become engineer
All I hear is people saying to go get a degree but i've yet to hear a successful story. Hell most anons on those complain threads trash it and regret going through with it, its the new arts degree at this point
>College
aHaha good one channers
>Go be a tradee
And then you hit your wall and go no further in life, good luck friend
>military
i love that everyone thinks /fit/ posts here, they won't let some straw man in if he can't even peal some potatoes without weeping like a bitch
>apprenticeship
sounds smart and sound move

God damn you guys really dont have jobs do you? Have you seen women out back trying to deal with all copious lifting and cleaning and task forcing? They crack, they leave a mess and they refuse to do things because ow!

I'm 18 in the biz, but the key is to plan ahead while you work in restauranting, its not the be all end all unless you have a bleak mindset. I'm moving out west in october to work in the mines for a couple of years but the restaurant positions ive been in have been fun but im young so i guess thats the reason... idk. Just don't a nig and plan life

Managing a restaurant probably takes years off your life.

T. someone whose job-hopped around a lot of restaurants.

College with a non meme major or trade school to learn a skill.

What state are you in?

Nc I'm learning how to weld at cc right now but not sure if that's the path I want to take